Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > FA/FFA forum



Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #1
KerryNation
Inkblot
 
KerryNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roseburg OR
Posts: 68
KerryNation has said some nice things
Unhappy Questioning my FA-dom......

*Le SIGH*

After the less than enthusiastic response to the first thread I ever tried to start here at Dimensions, I find myself questioning my FA-dom. Is it WRONG for me to like big women? Apparently so, according to many of you here.

Because, as a man, I should NEVER, Eeeeeeeeeeever, tell a women what to do with her body, I am WRONG in being an FA.

Because I like big women, but women don't like being big, I am a-GAIN, wrong in being an FA.

Because I'd rather look at a healthy, plus sized woman, than a rack of ribs, I AM WRONG in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on what attracts me to a women, because she can look any way she wants.......I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on FA-dom whatsoever, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because being an FA is sick, wrong and gross, and wanting a woman to eat until she becomes fat is sick, disgusting and gross, I am wrong for being an FA.

Because liking big bellies is wrong, since women don't like having big bellies, I am wrong for being an FA.

Being a man is wrong. Therefore, I am wrong by birth.



These are but a few of the sentiments that have been impressed upon me during my short time here at Dimensions. And let me tell you.......this has me more than a little confused. But I guess the bottom line is...........I just don't fucking know anymore.
KerryNation is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:03 PM   #2
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,052
SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Dude - you're too young to be this uptight.

No one has said ANY of what you think they have! If you'll calm down and discuss things without throwing f-bombs, people will be happy to talk to you.
SamanthaNY is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:08 PM   #3
Fuzzy Necromancer
 
Fuzzy Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,498
Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

See above poster.
__________________
"Well, for heaven's sake, Roberts Lewis Stephenson, what are you doing in here?"
-Ruth Harrison, Reference Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:10 PM   #4
KerryNation
Inkblot
 
KerryNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roseburg OR
Posts: 68
KerryNation has said some nice things
Unhappy Umm yeah.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
Dude - you're too young to be this uptight.

No one has said ANY of what you think they have! If you'll calm down and discuss things without throwing f-bombs, people will be happy to talk to you.
If people will CALMLY talk to me, instead of ganging up on me and slamming me for being a man, then I'm happy to TALK.

And YES, many of those things HAVE been insinuated. So much so that I am currently in this state of confusion.

And sorry for the F-bombs, but I am ex-NAVY and when I get super stressed, they come out like nobodie's business, LOL!
KerryNation is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
Fuzzy Necromancer
 
Fuzzy Necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Media, PA
Posts: 1,498
Fuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging inFuzzy Necromancer makes people happy simply by logging in
Default

Well, nobody will attack you for having a penis and a y chromosome.


However, there may be certain behavioral patterns and ideologies you associated with "being a man". If those are offensive, sexist, or misanthropic, people may attack you for them.
__________________
"Well, for heaven's sake, Roberts Lewis Stephenson, what are you doing in here?"
-Ruth Harrison, Reference Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by exile in thighville View Post
all we ask is that those without fetishes respect the notion that the vast majority of fetish-havers know how to reconcile their kink with the dangers of reality just as you would assume your next door neighbor is not a pedophile.
Where there's smoke, there's a smoke-making machine.
Fuzzy Necromancer is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:17 PM   #6
KerryNation
Inkblot
 
KerryNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roseburg OR
Posts: 68
KerryNation has said some nice things
Unhappy Right, but......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Necromancer View Post
Well, nobody will attack you for having a penis and a y chromosome.


However, there may be certain behavioral patterns and ideologies you associated with "being a man". If those are offensive, sexist, or misanthropic, people may attack you for them.
Right, but when I say I like someone bigger.....then get BLASTED with " As a MAN, you have no right to say what looks good on a woman. She can look however she wants. SEXIST PIG, forcing your likes on a poor defenseless woman!"

How do you explain that? I just feel that whatever opinion I put forth here will be met with scathing hatred from every female on the board.
KerryNation is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:18 PM   #7
lipmixgirl
Mayor of Fatopia
 
lipmixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: manhattan, new york city
Posts: 1,565
lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Exclamation from the soul, big apple, that is...

the big apple speaks...

RIGHT: appreciating and finding fat girls attractive

WRONG: all women don't like being big

RIGHT: digging on the big belly

WRONG: feederism without mutual consent and taking on adult responsibility

please note that
it is NEVER acceptable to coerce, cajole, force, brainwash, guilt, or create a reality for another person so you can get what you want - in any way, shape, or form - PERIOD.

my bet is that is where the flaming comes from...

the big apple has spoken...
::exeunt::



__________________

"never argue with the mothers..." – Shivs

The Big Apple in The Big Apple...

"Do your Fat Civic Duty daily!"
-
Aris - Mayor of Fatopia

condom faerie, panty faerie, bikini faerie, adipositivity faerie, snack faerie...
aris - bringing fat happiness to you...





lipmixgirl is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:23 PM   #8
KerryNation
Inkblot
 
KerryNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roseburg OR
Posts: 68
KerryNation has said some nice things
Unhappy Ok....

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipmixgirl View Post
the big apple speaks...

RIGHT: appreciating and finding fat girls attractive

WRONG: all women don't like being big

RIGHT: digging on the big belly

WRONG: feederism without mutual consent and taking on adult responsibility

please note that
it is NEVER acceptable to coerce, cajole, force, brainwash, guilt, or create a reality for another person so you can get what you want - in any way, shape, or form - PERIOD.

my bet is that is where the flaming comes from...

the big apple has spoken...
::exeunt::




And I agree with you....but people just jump all over my case and ASSUME that I'm into those things that you said are wrong, without even giving me a chance to explain! I never said I wanted to FORCE my way of thinking on anyone....but I guess since I am a guy, it's just assumed that I'm an asshole who forces my sick fetish on everyone.

*SIGH*
KerryNation is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:27 PM   #9
Jon Blaze
Dusk
 
Jon Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK ya dig? ;)
Posts: 6,746
Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

1. You shouldn't tell a woman what she is to do with her body. There's a big difference between saying you'd appreciate it if someone would stay a certain weight or gain/lose (In a respectful manner), and calling them a fucking hypocrite because they lost weight. Expressing your opinion maturely is different from demanding and pressuring someone to change for you.

2. Being an FA is not defined by attraction to weight gain. It is a preference or requirement of someone you intend to be romantic with being a larger size. There's no rule of exclusiveness, nor is there a rule for weight gain pressure or weight. Well... there's a guideline for weight, but we all carry weight differently.

Fat Admiration is a preference for some, A "Kink" for others (Because SlackerFA rules ^_^), et cetera. Fat Fetishism is a whole different concept.

As for feederism (Which is a fetish): That's different. If you mix them around in yourself, that's fine, but don't try to make the claim that weight gain is something that is automatically advocated in fat admiration. It is in feederism, but someone doesn't have to gain in order to prove that they are confident in their skin.

3. If you express yourself like a zealot (See the comments you said about Jennifer Hudson), then it is wrong. It is no different from what society does: The sizes are just swapped. You don't have to like a "rack of ribs," but you also don't have to express your hatred for something like that. Have you ever heard of being neutral? Or possibly being respectful of something that you don't like necessarily?
I'm not a fan of weight gain. One reason I don't go with the crowd is because 90% of time: It's coupled with thin hatred and weight loss hatred. No one wants to get any perspective on anything before they blindly judge a woman that may have lost weight for whatever reason.

Obviously some people can't help but put on the pressure, but I hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate (WITH A PASSION!!!! ) when the pressure is coupled with weight loss hatred of all sorts. It's kind of like supremacy.... Something like black pride stands for elitism, but because of corruption, the movement is coupled with hatred of other races. It's a similar concept: You believe larger people to be elite (Or at a higher caliber than society may set for them), but you then start to believe thinner people to be depraved. You don't have to couple the two concepts in order to express yourself.



4. What gave you that idea?

5. You should express yourself in what attracts you and what you may not like, but like I said: How you express it is what matters.

"I liked Jennifer Hudson when she was heavier."- You express your dissapproval of her weight loss, but... You're being respectful. There's no sugar coating in that comment: It's straight to the point.

6. You have every right to do that, but there are certain things we don't all agree on when it comes to the topic. Trying to impose that what you say are laws of fat admiration is invalid.

7. Again: What gave you that idea?

8. Plenty of women like being large, but they don't have to want to get larger in order to prove their worth and confidence.
On the contrary, many of the women you pressure to get larger (Or to stay the same) don't like the pressure! If you can fight that: Don't pressure them. If you can't: At least try to be respectful before you pass judgment upon someone whom you don't know about/whom's intentions of weight loss( Or weight maitenance and not gain as you may wish) you don't know about.
If you know a bbw that wants to gain: I think you have every right to pressure her if she's already expressed her attempt at getting larger. If you don't know, however, I think you should ask about it before you start making calls.

9. ????????????
Are you saying being a man is defined by demanding and pressuring your partners to change to fit the perfect mold of human? Have you ever of heard of coping with flaws? We all have them.
__________________
Love people of all sizes!!! History is sometimes more logical than society.- Me :D

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal

Last edited by Jon Blaze; 05-30-2007 at 01:41 PM.
Jon Blaze is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:32 PM   #10
lipmixgirl
Mayor of Fatopia
 
lipmixgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: manhattan, new york city
Posts: 1,565
lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!lipmixgirl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Exclamation it's just me, myself, and i...

then i must agree with Samantha... gotta chill.. gotta relax...

the dim board is a place where one must tread lightly if one is sensitive to the flames...


gotta give mad props to my fa, jon blaze... couldn't have said it better myself...

speaking of props... ::calling out:: JON BLAZE! JON BLAZE!


__________________

"never argue with the mothers..." – Shivs

The Big Apple in The Big Apple...

"Do your Fat Civic Duty daily!"
-
Aris - Mayor of Fatopia

condom faerie, panty faerie, bikini faerie, adipositivity faerie, snack faerie...
aris - bringing fat happiness to you...





lipmixgirl is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:52 PM   #11
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog
 
stan_der_man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
Posts: 5,195
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default quityerbitchinandthinkpositive

I agree with the others who posted that you are sounding a bit mellowdramatic here, setting that tone probably isn't going to spur productive conversation about what appears to be a classic case of the FA blues.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on the sincerity of your feelings about being a FA and give you my 2¢...

Maybe I'm being pessimistic here... You are probably going to get squat support for your preference of being a FA outside of Dimensions (and maybe only partial support here also, depending on your attitude...) Unless of course you speak Turkish, Spanish or a host of other languages in places where fat women are appreciated. That's been my experience. Here's your dilemma... You are physically attracted to fat women, but many of them don't like being fat, so you are going to have to deal with their self-acceptance / self-esteem issues. You can lay praise upon these women (with low self-esteem) tell them how beautiful they are and they may very well crap on you about it. A blow to your self-esteem.. you betcha. Be patient, sooner or later you will find a woman who may very well appreciate her beauty, or at very least, appreciate your praise of her beauty. You may live happily ever after with her until one day she watches "The Health Channel" and decides that she wants to be skinny. You'll be right back to square one. You once again give her praise and support that big can be beautiful and healthy, and she craps on you anyway. The life of a FA my friend... Maybe things will go better for you who knows, you won't know until you give it a try and have a positive attitude about it.

Trust me, I get tired of the lack of support, the blank looks when you try to explain to people that you are attracted to fat women, and honestly don't find thin women attractive. There have been many times that I wondered if I really am a pervert for liking fat women and have given up on dating them for long periods of time. Until society embraces fat-acceptance and FAs are respected as an acceptable preference, life is going to be tenuous for us FAs; you are going to need to learn how to better articulate your opinions or else risk a verbal flogging if you don't. If you don't like that, than try to be an activist by going out and changing attitudes. Your alternative is to just shut-up, pretend that you like thin women and make everybody else happy excluding yourself.

Stan
__________________
.



"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.

Last edited by stan_der_man; 05-30-2007 at 02:04 PM. Reason: more verbal flogging
stan_der_man is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 01:53 PM   #12
Tad
mostly harmless
 
Tad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 12,529
Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Escalation

Some academic figured out some way to measure how hard people hit someone, then did the following experiment:

1) Person A hits person B on the arm.
2) Person B is told to hit person A on the arm, as hard as person A hit them.
3) Person A is told to hit person B on teh arm, as hard as person B just hit them.
repeat steps 2 and 3 a few times.

What the study found was that people tended to hit back 30% harder than they were hit. They think that we have this natural instinct to think what happens to us is worse than what happens to others, which is why when kids squabble they so often escalate so quickly. We adults are not immune. When we feel attacked and try to respond in kind, we tend to hit back harder than we were hit--whether verbally or physically.

I think you have hit on one of the issues that is often swept under the carpet here—that most of the big folk generally want to be accepted and admired for who they are, as they are, while the admirers tend to come here specifically because they are attracted to big people, and a good portion of them either have an ideal that is very large or enjoy seeing gain. (you are seeing it here with the BBW and male FA, but to a lesser degree this is sometimes seen on the BHM/FFA board—the exception being that a higher portion of the guys there are into gaining—but the same issue comes up with the guys who are not. To avoid the really tortured language I’ll carry on just talking about BBW and male FA). So there tends to be a bit of a schism on the subject of very generalized size acceptance (all sizes are good, be any size you want) versus something more like fat pride (fat is beautiful and people should be proud to be fat).

Most of the women don’t like messages that imply guys have a specific physical preferences. This could be, like in your other thread, disapproving of someone’s weight loss, or it could be being specific in what you like in terms of size, or talking in glowing terms about weight gain, or talking about how some specific very large lady is your ideal—especially if they don’t post here anymore. On the weight board these things tend to be tolerated a bit more, because by definition it is for discussing the erotic sides of fat, and it is hard to say “you should not find that erotic.” But on the other boards all of these things will tend lead to the death of a thousand cuts.

The problem is that escalating just makes it worse. You might have people who are sympathetic to you but who are not saying anything—but who may eventually step in if you are getting unfairly slammed. But when you escalate, striking back in stronger language, pushing your points more strongly, really you just invite more cuts, which are also escalated. It is probably not in your nature, but the best tactic when you make this sort of post is to say nothing else and let it fade away, or at worse say very politely that you are sorry people take your views that way—but even that will just prolong the situation.

So pretty much, no matter how reasonable you think your opinions are, on this board they will not generally go over well, and fighting that battle will not get you anywhere.

Sorry.

Regards;

-Ed
__________________
Criticism is so often nothing more than the eye garrulously denouncing the shape of the peephole that gives access to hidden treasure.
-Djuna Barnes, writer and artist
Tad is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:10 PM   #13
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,052
SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

People were calmly talking to you. On forums like this, people say what they feel, and some are passionate. Don't mistake that passion for an issue as yelling at or jumping on you - it's not.

I stand by everything I said in the other thread, and feel the need to address what you're alleging here (remember - we're calm, right?) since none of the things in your original post here are what I feel, or what I said. So that we're perfectly clear, here is what I feel:
  • FAs are not 'wrong' by nature. They're also not gross, disgusting or sick - but telling a woman what to do with her body is wrong for anyone, FA or not. Admiring the body she has is differnent (and a good thing, too) from dictating how it should look. Admiring = good. Dictating = bad. Also - I hope all FAs keep in mind admiring a 400 lb body is a lot different than living in it.
  • A lot of women DO like being big. Some of them aren't as comfortable. Some dislike it. None of those women are wrong in having their own feelings, and each gets to make their own choices on how to deal with their own bodies.
  • There's nothing wrong with being a man. There's nothing wrong with being an FA. Both are awesome.
  • You should absolutely have an opinion on your preference. And opinions on size acceptance, fat people and FAs are all great. It's how they're expressed that makes a difference.
  • I don't personally agree with wanting a woman to "eat until she becomes fat", but I recognize it is a feeling many have.
  • Just because someone is a celebrity and may be a role model, it doesn't mean they have to live their life a certain way, especially if it's counter to their own wishes.
I encourage you to post, but to read responses with a grain of salt, and not read any judgements or labels into them. I didn't agree with what you stated in your other post, and you didn't agree with me - that's okay. It doesn't mean I've formed any opinions on anything else you believe, or say, or do. We're here to have fun, interact and learn some stuff maybe.

Oh and to look at the pictures .

So pull up a bong and chill. S'all good.
SamanthaNY is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:25 PM   #14
KerryNation
Inkblot
 
KerryNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roseburg OR
Posts: 68
KerryNation has said some nice things
Default

OK.....But as I said before, is it or is it not hypocritical to say one thing, and turn around and do the other?

I believe Websters' defines that as hypocrisy.


I should not have been so passionate in my earlier post, and I would not have been, had I not posted right after seeing something about that cover on TV.

Getting hammered on by about three different people, one of them bashing my gender (What the hell does that have to do with anything, anyway?) only exacerbated my anger.

But you bring up some excellent points, that I agree with entirely. Such as the thought that liking a woman who is 400 pounds is a lot different than having to live in that body.

The fantasy and the reality are two entirely different things, and I know that. I just feel like a slimeball for liking what I do.
KerryNation is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:36 PM   #15
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 4,052
SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

You win.

*leaves the bong and goes to look at shoes*
SamanthaNY is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 02:49 PM   #16
kerrypop
Supafly
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 515
kerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going onkerrypop knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage70 View Post
OK.....But as I said before, is it or is it not hypocritical to say one thing, and turn around and do the other?

I believe Websters' defines that as hypocrisy.


I should not have been so passionate in my earlier post, and I would not have been, had I not posted right after seeing something about that cover on TV.

Getting hammered on by about three different people, one of them bashing my gender (What the hell does that have to do with anything, anyway?) only exacerbated my anger.

But you bring up some excellent points, that I agree with entirely. Such as the thought that liking a woman who is 400 pounds is a lot different than having to live in that body.

The fantasy and the reality are two entirely different things, and I know that. I just feel like a slimeball for liking what I do.
I think you're bringing stuff from outside the forum... into the forum, and letting people who could be the people that side with you turn into the people that you're using to vent.

It's okay to like the idea of women getting bigger, or just big women in general. I am happy that someone likes them... or else I'd be kinda screwed.

It's hard being a big girl. For all the shit you get for being an FA, it gets exponentially worse when you're wearing the weight. It isn't just about sexual preferences, it's about where you can buy clothes, and how you take up too much room on the bus, and how the plane charges you for 2 seats... etc.

The fact that you feel like a slimeball for liking big girls... well... I don't mean this to be harsh or anything, but it makes me feel like you ARE a slimeball, because you don't consider big girls to fit into the same category as regular girls.

NOTE: I don't REALLY think you are a slimeball, but that's how that last sentence came across to me.

I feel like sometimes you might be forgetting that these fantasy girls are... well.. people, and that's easy to do when you're all in the heat of the moment and shiat. I understand! I really, genuinely do.

I guess what I'm getting at is that, you can't blame big girls for feeling objectified when it happens to them every day. And you're in a forum full of big girls... who get objectified or judged and generally not treated like regular everyday people, despite the fact that we are regular everyday people.

Don't take it personally. A lot of people around here will bite back hard if they get a whiff of what feels like objectification, or judgement, or non acceptance in any form. And why shouldn't they? This is a safe haven, one of the few we big girls have.

Don't give up on big girls, just take it slow, chill out. It's all good.
__________________
Stan: tell me this, if ewan mcgregor came over to our apartment right now and said "free kiss then I'm gone!", would you do it?
Kerry: naww, i'd be a little freaked out...
Stan: I might.
kerrypop is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #17
Ned Sonntag
Outermost Hoodoo Doctor
 
Ned Sonntag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Cape Cod
Posts: 7,820
Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Ned Sonntag has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage70 View Post
*Le SIGH*

After the less than enthusiastic response to the first thread I ever tried to start here at Dimensions, I find myself questioning my FA-dom. Is it WRONG for me to like big women? Apparently so, according to many of you here.

Because, as a man, I should NEVER, Eeeeeeeeeeever, tell a women what to do with her body, I am WRONG in being an FA.

Because I like big women, but women don't like being big, I am a-GAIN, wrong in being an FA.

Because I'd rather look at a healthy, plus sized woman, than a rack of ribs, I AM WRONG in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on what attracts me to a women, because she can look any way she wants.......I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on FA-dom whatsoever, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because being an FA is sick, wrong and gross, and wanting a woman to eat until she becomes fat is sick, disgusting and gross, I am wrong for being an FA.

Because liking big bellies is wrong, since women don't like having big bellies, I am wrong for being an FA.

Being a man is wrong. Therefore, I am wrong by birth.



These are but a few of the sentiments that have been impressed upon me during my short time here at Dimensions. And let me tell you.......this has me more than a little confused. But I guess the bottom line is...........I just don't fucking know anymore.
It's called being a heterosexual. Anything you try to do is going to be wrong. Just keep breathing and do it anyway. They'll thank you later.
Ned Sonntag is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:14 PM   #18
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.
 
elle camino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 206
Posts: 2,943
elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

ahahah what's your problem, dude? lighten the heck UP, seriously.
you made a thread and people posted stuff you didn't like in that thread, and THAT's making you question your like entire sexuality? time to get off the internet, for real.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
who gives a fluff.
elle camino is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #19
Eclectic_Girl
Rock n Roll Babe
 
Eclectic_Girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Vermont
Posts: 798
Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Eclectic_Girl has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Sonntag View Post
They'll thank you later.
Or not.
..............
__________________
Some people feel the only way to enact change is by a full on assault, kicking and screaming, the ultimate tunnel visionary. I prefer the model of standing in the stream, disrupting the flow, and living large. If there are enough of us out there, things do change. - EvilPrincess

I'm in your paradigm, rejecting the premise.

Fat and Happy: Just because I'm "morbidly obese" doesn't mean I have to be morbid.
Eclectic_Girl is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #20
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"
 
wrestlingguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,630
wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default

Karnage, I don't know you, but I have a feeling that you're younger than me. I've been here on & off for almost 10 years.

I'm of the conclusion that you're wrong about several of your assesments which has you questioning your FA dom. I think we should talk privately (talk with Dr. Phil), and I will be more than happy to discuss outside of this forum.

What I DO agree with is that there are times when some here jump all over you, often the ones who say they are temperate in their responses. In most cases, I ignore those people, as in their "temperance", they have chased many people from the boards over the years. Several have even posted in this thread. It's for you to decide whose responses you should heed and whose you should dismiss (mine included)

Don't give up so quickly. There are many here who are more than worthwhile to befriend (and date, if you're inclined). My only comment about your comments is that all people here wish to be treated with respect, provided they earn it. Choose your words carefully, be yourself, and learn about this wonderful place through intellegent discussion.

I hope you can be happy here..........Phil
__________________
"O Lord, help me to be pure, but not yet." ~ Saint Augustine
wrestlingguy is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 04:47 PM   #21
Koldun
On Timeout
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 275
Koldun can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKoldun can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Relax - it's okay.
Koldun is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #22
Mystic Rain
Leonardo Forever
 
Mystic Rain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: West Central Georgia
Posts: 222
Mystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMystic Rain can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage70 View Post
*Le SIGH*

After the less than enthusiastic response to the first thread I ever tried to start here at Dimensions, I find myself questioning my FA-dom. Is it WRONG for me to like big women? Apparently so, according to many of you here.

Because, as a man, I should NEVER, Eeeeeeeeeeever, tell a women what to do with her body, I am WRONG in being an FA.

Because I like big women, but women don't like being big, I am a-GAIN, wrong in being an FA.

Because I'd rather look at a healthy, plus sized woman, than a rack of ribs, I AM WRONG in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on what attracts me to a women, because she can look any way she wants.......I am wrong in being an FA.

Because I am a man, I should have no opinion on FA-dom whatsoever, I am wrong in being an FA.

Because being an FA is sick, wrong and gross, and wanting a woman to eat until she becomes fat is sick, disgusting and gross, I am wrong for being an FA.

Because liking big bellies is wrong, since women don't like having big bellies, I am wrong for being an FA.

Being a man is wrong. Therefore, I am wrong by birth.



These are but a few of the sentiments that have been impressed upon me during my short time here at Dimensions. And let me tell you.......this has me more than a little confused. But I guess the bottom line is...........I just don't fucking know anymore.
Life in general is not easy, and when you're different from what's considered "normal", it's that much harder. You're faced with the choice of wanting to bend to the pressure of society to fit in, or continue being someone who's not cut from the same cookie cutter as everyone else and is actually more of a person for it.

I'm a Ninja Turtle fan, and I'm proud of it. I don't hide that fact from anyone. I'm also a gaining BBW, but a little more shy of announcing it. I've had issues before, and I'm still going to have them as I decide to possibly get back to my old weight or higher, but as long as I feel comfortable in my own skin, I'll be okay. And it'd help too if I had support if I fall by the wayside.

Some people are going to take things the wrong way sometimes, and you'll have to deal with the backlash they give. However, you have to decide how to handle it the best way. You may not agree with what was said or done, but if you're respectful of the opinion, you'll be well returned for it. There's also the phrase "You can please all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot please all the people all the time."

Not everyone is going to accept you and you can't force them to, but don't stress out so much about it, okay? There are plenty of others out there that will. And just because you have certain interests, feelings, etc. does not make you less of a person, or a man. Just keep in mind while you'd love your ideals to appeal to every woman, it just doesn't work like that outside of fantasy. Find a compromise, a balance, instead between them, and you'll be happier.
__________________
Back from a long break; beginning anew
Mystic Rain is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 08:27 PM   #23
KerryNation
Inkblot
 
KerryNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roseburg OR
Posts: 68
KerryNation has said some nice things
Unhappy Thanks for the kind words......

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlingguy View Post
Karnage, I don't know you, but I have a feeling that you're younger than me. I've been here on & off for almost 10 years.

I'm of the conclusion that you're wrong about several of your assesments which has you questioning your FA dom. I think we should talk privately (talk with Dr. Phil), and I will be more than happy to discuss outside of this forum.

What I DO agree with is that there are times when some here jump all over you, often the ones who say they are temperate in their responses. In most cases, I ignore those people, as in their "temperance", they have chased many people from the boards over the years. Several have even posted in this thread. It's for you to decide whose responses you should heed and whose you should dismiss (mine included)

Don't give up so quickly. There are many here who are more than worthwhile to befriend (and date, if you're inclined). My only comment about your comments is that all people here wish to be treated with respect, provided they earn it. Choose your words carefully, be yourself, and learn about this wonderful place through intellegent discussion.

I hope you can be happy here..........Phil
Unless you're younger than 26, then yeah, I am younger than you.....in fact, I'm probably one of the younger folks on this board.

@kerrypop: It's not that *I* feel like a slimeball for liking big women, it's that I come here and get slammed for doing so, which makes me FEEL like a slimeball pervert. I had thought that Dimensions was a place where ALL who like bigger women were tolerated. But then I turn around and get flack for "trying to force my perverted views on all women" which makes me FEEL like a slimeball for liking what I do. Am I making sense?

@ Ned and Wrestlingguy: Thanks for the kind words and advice. I'm still all sorts of confused about things, but knowing there are a few voices out there that understand me makes things better.
KerryNation is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 09:31 PM   #24
Jon Blaze
Dusk
 
Jon Blaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Oklahoma City, OK ya dig? ;)
Posts: 6,746
Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karnage70 View Post
Unless you're younger than 26, then yeah, I am younger than you.....in fact, I'm probably one of the younger folks on this board.

@kerrypop: It's not that *I* feel like a slimeball for liking big women, it's that I come here and get slammed for doing so, which makes me FEEL like a slimeball pervert. I had thought that Dimensions was a place where ALL who like bigger women were tolerated. But then I turn around and get flack for "trying to force my perverted views on all women" which makes me FEEL like a slimeball for liking what I do. Am I making sense?

@ Ned and Wrestlingguy: Thanks for the kind words and advice. I'm still all sorts of confused about things, but knowing there are a few voices out there that understand me makes things better.

If you want to hear from me: I am not trying to brand you for your admiration for bigger women, nor am I trying to brand you if you feel the need to pressure women to gain weight. I want you to try your best to analyze as many weight loss situations as you can before you pull words like "Hypocrite." Not everyone is doing it for vanity, and the number that aren't doing it for that is growing rapidly (Thank god). Run with your admiration for larger women... running with it does not, however, mean you have to hate the opposite end of the spectrum.
__________________
Love people of all sizes!!! History is sometimes more logical than society.- Me :D

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline  
Old 05-30-2007, 10:15 PM   #25
KerryNation
Inkblot
 
KerryNation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Roseburg OR
Posts: 68
KerryNation has said some nice things
Default Hmmm......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
If you want to hear from me: I am not trying to brand you for your admiration for bigger women, nor am I trying to brand you if you feel the need to pressure women to gain weight. I want you to try your best to analyze as many weight loss situations as you can before you pull words like "Hypocrite." Not everyone is doing it for vanity, and the number that aren't doing it for that is growing rapidly (Thank god). Run with your admiration for larger women... running with it does not, however, mean you have to hate the opposite end of the spectrum.

But do you not agree that saying one thing to millions of people, and then turning around and DOING the opposite is hypocritical? I do believe that IS the definition of the word. Jen Hudson did just that....and now, this week, Tyra Banks is on a magazine cover doing the same thing.

Now, Tyra has been very vocal in A LOT of different media outlets about not giving a damn about being heavier. She's even encouraged other women to think about their weight the same way, and NOT BE DEFINED BY A NUMBER. Ok, that could go both ways, I see that. But to then turn around and diet herself down, while at the same time telling women it's ok to be heavier just SMACKS of the kind of bullshit, "Do as I say and not as I do" attitude that I hate.

You want to be thin, fine. I don't begrudge that, I really don't. Diet yourself down to where you look like Nicole Ritchie. But don't at the same time preach about "loving yourself for whatever size you are" and "embracing your curves" and "loving your bigger body" when you CLEARLY don't practice what you preach.


I guess that was my main point in the other thread.

And yeah, when people just assume things about me, and jump down my throat about forcing my sick fantasies on women, it hurts. That's not how I am at all.
KerryNation is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:12 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright Dimensions Magazine. All rights reserved worldwide.