Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 05-30-2007, 05:09 PM   #1
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Show Your Fridge!!! :) (Yet another pic thread!)

Okay, I had this idea about posting the outside (magnets and such) and inside of our refrigerators. I figure you can post more than once becasue they go from empty to full to yummy to overly healthy, etc.

I will post mine later, but just wanted to plant a photographic seed and see if it grows!
Old 05-30-2007, 07:30 PM   #2
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Great minds and all...in bed the other night I started wondering what other people's fridges looked like. (not as kinky as it sounds, I am a terrible insomniac and tend to think about eating a lot )
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #3
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Might take a number of posts... Here is my basement chest freezer. I think it needs a defrosting.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chest_closed.jpg (31.6 KB, 871 views)
File Type: jpg chest_open.jpg (42.4 KB, 853 views)
Old 05-30-2007, 07:54 PM   #4
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The garage fridge. Gotta have a place to keep the drinks cold.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg garage_closed.jpg (26.8 KB, 840 views)
File Type: jpg garage_open.jpg (47.9 KB, 828 views)
Old 05-30-2007, 07:55 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

And.. the kitchen fridge.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg kitchen_closed.jpg (35.4 KB, 811 views)
File Type: jpg kitchen_open.jpg (41.3 KB, 808 views)
Old 05-31-2007, 02:51 AM   #6
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

Hmmm.... as I said on the other thread, my fridge is currently in the state of a Fight Club quote...."A house full of condiments and no food... how embarrassing."

Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 05:52 AM   #7
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

We have a very boring fridge, lol.

On the outside it is magnetic poetry and a conversions chart of Fahrenheit vs Celsius for cooking, lol.

On the inside...mostly eggs and apples....in the freezer it is meat, ice and veg with a box of Ice Lollies (popcicles)

BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:39 AM   #8
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
And.. the kitchen fridge.
So... its sixteen of a family you have?
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 07:50 AM   #9
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

wow fuzzy!!!! Having the munchies is never a problem at your house I imagine, lol. If I'm hungry it's bananas or tomatoes, lol. Can I come over
Old 05-31-2007, 09:16 AM   #10
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ok this is pretty shameful. lol Me and Nik don't tend to buy a lot of food. hehe. So here's the inside of our fridge (it was shopping day two days ago)

Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:31 AM   #11
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

AnnMarie, you always come up with such good ideas for threads. Not only is it fun to see other people’s fridges, looking at my photos have given me some good ideas. Way to go

Tell the truth BBSSBBW and Pookie - are your fridges REALLY that neat and well organized or did you spruce them up for the pictures? Fuzzy’s a guy – I assume he didn’t change anything around.

If I organized my fridge, it'd look half empty, I think. Maybe that's why it's so disorganized and such a mess – gives me a feeling like I have lots of food around. Plus I have condiments that are literally years and years old that I need to get rid of and can't bring myself to throw out.

Look at the British fridges versus the American fridges. They’re about half the size. And we wonder why Americans are so fat versus other countries? BBSSBBW – was the reduced size hard to get used to?

Okay, here’s my unorganized, untouched fridge (I just went grocery shopping three days ago). It’s sorta embarrassing, actually, how much food is in it. There’s a lot in there that should go in the trash -- I waste a lot of food because I’m single and it’s difficult to get stuff eaten before it spoils. What's particulary strange about this is that, in most areas of life I'm very organized. Well, except for the fridge, the pantry cupboard (which includes tupperware) and the drawer in the kitchen that holds all my odd things like spatulas and stuff.

My kitchen is small and I couldn’t back up far enough to get all the main part of it in one photo, so here are sections.

First the main part of the freezer – yes folks, I’ve gone back to liking Edy’s Chocolate-Chocolate Dibs – believe it or not, I bought those three days ago and they’re unopened (that's because I've been eating on the Edy's vanilla slow churned ice cream ). And I've had the mint chocolate chip ice cream for about three months. It sucked and should be thrown out and I keep forgetting to do it on trash day. (There is only one mint chocolate chip ice cream and that’s Breyer’s.) The freezer is the most unorganized of anything. I just throw stuff in there. There’s lots that should be thrown in the trash. It could use another shelf.

Here’s the freezer door. What strikes me here is 1) the wasted space, and 2) I tend to put everything in either upside down or backwards.

This is the main part of the fridge. I’ll bet if I organized it, I’d have room for a lot more stuff. There’s quite a bit in there that needs to be tossed, too, especially on the top shelf.

This is the refrigerator door. This really got me to thinking. First of all, I have wanted to put all my salad dressings together but haven’t been able to. If I just lowered that one shelf, it’d work. Duh. And I bought crescent rolls when I went shopping the other day and if I was more organized, I would have realized I already had some.

I love being on vacation and having the time to make posts like this. It's lottsa fun.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:38 AM   #12
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Emma - one thing to say about your fridge - it's very well organized! (you're gonna get skinny, girl)

Fuz, as usual, you made me laugh. You certainly won't run out of food, will you? Maybe you should send some Emma's way.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 09:42 AM   #13
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Tell the truth BBSSBBW and Pookie - are your fridges REALLY that neat and well organized or did you spruce them up for the pictures? Fuzzy’s a guy – I assume he didn’t change anything around.

Look at the British fridges versus the American fridges. They’re about half the size. And we wonder why Americans are so fat versus other countries? BBSSBBW – was the reduced size hard to get used to?
No seriously, our fridge is always organised Mike is a neat freak and I'm the clean freak...it works out quite nice actually.

And as for getting used to it.....this is nice compared to the first fridge we had....which was the same size of fridge I had in my dorm at University. See Em's fridge? It was like that with one shelf as the freezer...it was a pain in the ass!!!

I do miss double door fridges with ice and water dispensers, but what can ya do?

The food options out here aren't as good either, lol. I look in your fridges and Im like yummmmmy. Food is also way more expensive here...so you tend to get by on less. I can definitely see how and why Americans are bigger cos here on top of crap expensive food, people walk every damn where! lol.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:55 AM   #14
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

Quote:

yups it is usually that tidy, and there isnt really a lot of food, just sauce!!
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:16 AM   #15
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Emma - one thing to say about your fridge - it's very well organized! (you're gonna get skinny, girl)

Fuz, as usual, you made me laugh. You certainly won't run out of food, will you? Maybe you should send some Emma's way.
Haha, the cupboards and freezer are quite full. We don't tend to buy a lot of fresh food as we waste it. So we just have frozen meat and get it out the night before and serve it with some pasta or rice (and of course some sort of sauce, chilli last night and thai green curry tonight )

We also don't really tend to have breakfast or lunch and I reckon they're the things that fill up the fridge most.. (heh note my strawberry desert.. mmmmm nummy)
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 10:29 AM   #16
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

just so's you know - we don't *keep* him in there

Last edited by SamanthaNY; 01-25-2008 at 02:17 PM.
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 11:47 AM   #17
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love this thread, I am really having a great time looking at what people have in their fridges!! Ok here is my fridge. I my fridge. It was a fantastic Ebay bargain not long ago after my last one died, and its huge for a British fridge, 6' 8" tall, it completely dwarfs my little kitchen. My dear friend Lorna refers to it as the sarcophagus.
pic 1 = fridge. Fridge on top, freezer on bottom with three drawers, frost-free - no defrosting ever again, yahoo! pic 2- close up of magnets etc. My Wendoline has lost her head, but it'll turn up. pic 3 = inside fridge. By chance, my groceries were delivered this morning (I do it online) and my son put them away. Looks like he is getting better at it, not too messy! Nothing exciting really there. pic 4 = fridge door. Usual stuff... I didnt do a freezer pic as its pull out drawers and couldnt really take a proper photo. It has lots of frozen chicken breasts, other frozen meat, minced beef, burgers, ice cream, ice lollies, pizzas and corn on the cob in it.
Old 05-31-2007, 11:49 AM   #18
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
just so's you know - we don't *keep* him in there
Awww so cute lol! I love cats' curiosity, they think everything is there expressly for their convenience/entertainment. I had a white cat called Casper, she was very friendly, your cat reminds me of her.
Old 05-31-2007, 02:14 PM   #19
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm more than a little embarrassed to show mine..lol

Ruby..I'm coming over..because I love anyone that can go thru that many mushrooms..lol

I'm assuming they are mushrooms..they look like mushrooms
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #20
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ok..here we go.

I guess mine is the normal, old school, freezer on top, fridge on bottom. It's brand new...so it's clean..lol.

We'll start with the outside view:

Attachment 20703

Next up, the freezer. Nothing but a lot of ice, a bag of chicken breasts..and some popsicles
Attachment 20700

This is where it really gets sad...the lunch meat should have gone in the trash a week ago..lol..the lemonade should have been poured down the sink..I'll get to it eventually
Attachment 20701

Finally, the door. Yeah..not much to see here folks..lol

Attachment 20702

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 05-20-2012 at 05:49 PM.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:32 PM   #21
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
I love this thread, I am really having a great time looking at what people have in their fridges!! Ok here is my fridge. I my fridge. It was a fantastic Ebay bargain not long ago after my last one died, and its huge for a British fridge, 6' 8" tall, it completely dwarfs my little kitchen. My dear friend Lorna refers to it as the sarcophagus.
pic 1 = fridge. Fridge on top, freezer on bottom with three drawers, frost-free - no defrosting ever again, yahoo! pic 2- close up of magnets etc. My Wendoline has lost her head, but it'll turn up. pic 3 = inside fridge. By chance, my groceries were delivered this morning (I do it online) and my son put them away. Looks like he is getting better at it, not too messy! Nothing exciting really there. pic 4 = fridge door. Usual stuff... I didnt do a freezer pic as its pull out drawers and couldnt really take a proper photo. It has lots of frozen chicken breasts, other frozen meat, minced beef, burgers, ice cream, ice lollies, pizzas and corn on the cob in it.
Holy Crow - that thing is Fridgezilla!

I have icebox envy now.
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2007, 03:45 PM   #22
saucywench

Attachment 20707
Heh.

Last edited by saucywench; 06-19-2008 at 04:46 PM.
Old 05-31-2007, 04:14 PM   #23
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench View Post

oooh is that you Saucy? How CUTE!!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:16 PM   #24
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamanthaNY View Post
Holy Crow - that thing is Fridgezilla!

I have icebox envy now.

LOL @ fridgezilla! I love my fridge so much its actually pathetic , my old one had an ice monster that killed all the food that touched it, it was the size of mount everest and took four days to defrost when I disconnected it. Id swap fridges if your cat came with yours!
Old 05-31-2007, 04:30 PM   #25
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
I'm more than a little embarrassed to show mine..lol

Ruby..I'm coming over..because I love anyone that can go thru that many mushrooms..lol

I'm assuming they are mushrooms..they look like mushrooms

LOL yes they're mushrooms. They shrink a lot, so I have to cook loads . i think thats a kilo tub of mushrooms - about 2.2lbs. I like to fry them in a little butter and oil with salt then add cream, lemon juice and grainy mustard, to coat the mushrooms. Then serve on hot toast. SOO good! I make that same sauce for lots of things, potatoes, pork chops, it just goes so well with stuff.

BTW, my fridge was WAY emptier than yours before my groceries were delivered, it was a happy coincidence! I think I had three lemons, milk and half a cucumber before!