Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Health Forum

Old 06-14-2007, 11:00 AM   #1
SamanthaNY
▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!SamanthaNY keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Health Confessions Thread

Eh, every other board has one.

So, I'll start...

I have a drinking problem.

Thankfully - it's not with alcohol, it's with everything. Rarely do I feel thirst during the day, and often go an entire day drinking only one cup of coffee and perhaps 4 ounces of water. I just don't feel thirst, and even when I do, it's a struggle to actually make myself get a liquid. If I do get a big glass of something, most of it sits there, uh... undrunken (that sounds like the name of a German highway... "yah, you take the Undrunken to Frankfurt"... lol). Generally, I drink fairly healthy things - water, lite juices, lemon juice, decaf coffee, diet ginger ale (no other sodas, and no alcohol), I just can't make myself drink enough of them.

Thankfully, this never gets to the point where I'm seriously ill, but I know it's better for me if I do keep adequately hydrated. And still... I don't.

So? Health-related confessions, good or bad, let's have 'em.
SamanthaNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 11:27 AM   #2
DeniseW
Fat don't crack!!

DeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityDeniseW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I have the opposite problem because I have diabetes, when I'm not watching myself and my numbers are too high, I can't get enough liquid in me. I could literally stand at the fridge door and drink a gallon of water which makes me have to pee a milliion times during the night. I'm doing a lot better lately thankfully but I still try to drink as much as possible. One way to tell if your dehydrated or not is to look at the color of your urine, it should be clear, if it's not, you need more liquid.
DeniseW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

IC that I dealt with allergies since I was a child. Thankfully, I am much better at coping now.
Old 06-14-2007, 01:08 PM   #4
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sammie, I have the same problem. I have to push myself to get enough water in. It really takes a lot of effort. For me, lemon in my water helps, as does lots of ice and drinking it cold. But I really don't have a very well developed sense of thirst, unfortunately.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:16 PM   #5
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess that despite my general dislike of typical macho behavior, I do the "Its not a big deal, I can just tough it out" thing, even when I can barely walk (or whatever). It is stupid, and based on the issues I'm still having after five months I fear that my knee may join my elbows on the "always going to be trouble now" list.

-Ed
Old 06-14-2007, 01:20 PM   #6
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess that I love salt- and salty foods like fries and chips. They are my fave foods.
Really bad part is though, I acquired pregnancy-induced high blood pressure with my twin pregnancy. Unfortunately, the blood pressure didn't go away with the birth of my twins.

I have replaced the salt in my home with Morton lite salt but have been working on giving it up- period. The obsession with the salty foods is going to have to stop soon too, though.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:26 PM   #7
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default I Know There's A Balance...

...I see it when I swing past!(J C Mellencamp) Being a diabetic on
U-500 Insulin and Metolazone, I often go from water retention-to-dehydration and back.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 01:55 PM   #8
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess I'm frustrated that I'm continuing to get edemic ankles at the end of the day during hot weather. I'm trying some things, but really I'm not doing enough (had tortilla chips for lunch, generally too much salt, not walking in evenings).

I've been up and down two flights of stairs like 10 times today, have drank an appropriate amount of water (two glasses). It just seems like it doesn't help.

It's uncomfortable for one. For two, it continues to shock me that my body isn't working quite properly. And for three, it's making me avoid skirts, and that's really sad to me.

(I have addressed this with a doctor, don't worry y'all. Just wanting to vent).
Old 06-14-2007, 02:23 PM   #9
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I confess that I am also a salt hound. I was just thinking about it a few hours ago.

I also confess that I am a little 'OCD' concerning a few things and while I would like to discuss, I can't in an open forum.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 02:30 PM   #10
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Salt Hound

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
I confess that I am also a salt hound. I was just thinking about it a few hours ago.

I also confess that I am a little 'OCD' concerning a few things and while I would like to discuss, I can't in an open forum.
I think I've got a little salt hound in me, too. I try, but I'm not as good
at staying away from salt as I should be. My Dr told me to "slay the dragon",
and I've managed to stay away from Chinese for almost a year, now.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #11
QtPatooti
beach bum wannabe

QtPatooti does more than just post hot picsQtPatooti does more than just post hot picsQtPatooti does more than just post hot pics

I do avoid table salt - I do pretty good with that, but the salt in the processed food is what gets me. So I too occasionally suffer swelling in my ankles. Like today

I am a diet-coke-aholic. HELP Somewhere deep down in my consciousness is a thought that says it is the only 'free' item I can drink without consequences. But realistically I know somewhere along the way it will cause me a problem.
Old 06-14-2007, 05:24 PM   #12
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by QtPatooti View Post
I do avoid table salt - I do pretty good with that, but the salt in the processed food is what gets me. So I too occasionally suffer swelling in my ankles. Like today

I am a diet-coke-aholic. HELP Somewhere deep down in my consciousness is a thought that says it is the only 'free' item I can drink without consequences. But realistically I know somewhere along the way it will cause me a problem.
I have had the evils of diet soda preached to me- many times because I drink so many of them too for the caffeine
There is some sodium in them- during the later hours of the day I switch off to those low priced flavored waters that have no calories, caffeine, very little sodium and taste wonderful

**diet rite brand soda is sodium free too

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 06-14-2007, 06:28 PM   #13
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Diet Coke

Urban legend or truth? I've heard and read that NutraSweet
is broken-down to formaldehyde and methyl alcohol in the body.

Old 06-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #14
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
...I see it when I swing past!(J C Mellencamp) Being a diabetic on
U-500 Insulin and Metolazone, I often go from water retention-to-dehydration and back.
Careful with the Metolazone...it interacts with diabetes meds. Neither my doc nor my pharmacist would recognize the interaction, but I found references to it on the web. When I dropped the Metolazone my glucose levels dropped an average of 45 points. Now I'm on two furosemide 800s a day, instead of the Metolazone. Where the doc was pushing for me to go on Insulin, now my readings are OK with 25% less Glucovance.

Oh, and I'm into mass water consumption...I have a quart size giant sippy cup that I keep with me and filled with ice and water all day...I have to top it of a half dozen times a day.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #15
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Urban legend or truth? I've heard and read that NutraSweet
is broken-down to formaldehyde and methyl alcohol in the body.
I read that aspartame aka equal brand is the bad stuff- but the yellow packets are "okay"

Old 06-14-2007, 08:16 PM   #16
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

I'm a whole pack of salt hounds. I know, I know...but if you take away my salt, you may as well put me out of my misery.

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007, 08:33 PM   #17
QtPatooti
beach bum wannabe

QtPatooti does more than just post hot picsQtPatooti does more than just post hot picsQtPatooti does more than just post hot pics

I have heard that also on the aspartame - dont know if it is true or not

And the splenda is made from real sugar? Eitherway, I love the splenda - I hadnt had sweet tea in a long time when splenda came along - ahhh I love it!
Old 06-14-2007, 08:44 PM   #18
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

Default Danger Metolazone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zandoz View Post
Careful with the Metolazone...it interacts with diabetes meds. Neither my doc nor my pharmacist would recognize the interaction, but I found references to it on the web. When I dropped the Metolazone my glucose levels dropped an average of 45 points. Now I'm on two furosemide 800s a day, instead of the Metolazone. Where the doc was pushing for me to go on Insulin, now my readings are OK with 25% less Glucovance.

Oh, and I'm into mass water consumption...I have a quart size giant sippy cup that I keep with me and filled with ice and water all day...I have to top it of a half dozen times a day.
Same here on the water, Zandoz. The Metolazone affected me so profoundly that I had to stop two BP med's AND Furosemide! It took my
daily Insulin requirement down by .1cc, 50 units of U-500 Insulin. That Metolazone DAMN NEAR KILLED ME one morning by taking my sugar down to 29!!! By the Grace of GOD, I remained conscious and coherent enough to rescue myself with a few ounces of Hershey's. I keep Hershey's near the bed and it saved my life that morning. I started taking a sugar reading before going to bed so that won't happen again. I still have Insulin reactions from time-to-time, but not that severe. So there's my Health Forum confession.

Old 06-18-2007, 05:53 PM   #19
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm not sure this really belongs in this spot, but I suppose it works...

This afternoon I've become highly suspect of this product: http://blistex.com/lip%20infusion.htm

I love the way it feels when it goes on my lips...probably more because of the metal roller ball than of the product itself, although it does leave a nice, slightly-sweet taste on my lips..so I've never had a complaint about it before. I've always used it when my lips were already dry feeling, and it did seem to help for a bit...but in thinking back, I always found myself re-applying it fairly often. I always thought it was just because the metal ball felt really soothing. Today, however, I put it on because I hadn't used it in awhile and wanted to have something on my lips, even though they weren't feeling dry at all. Again, I used it several times to feel the coolness of the metal ball...but now my lips feel horribly dry, making me want to keep putting this stuff on my lips over and over. So this has me wondering if perhaps there is something in this product that actually dries out my lips, to keep me using it often, eventually causing me to buy more product. Am I crazy? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 05:57 PM   #20
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
I'm not sure this really belongs in this spot, but I suppose it works...

This afternoon I've become highly suspect of this product
I love the way it feels when it goes on my lips...probably more because of the metal roller ball than of the product itself, although it does leave a nice, slightly-sweet taste on my lips..so I've never had a complaint about it before. I've always used it when my lips were already dry feeling, and it did seem to help for a bit...but in thinking back, I always found myself re-applying it fairly often. I always thought it was just because the metal ball felt really soothing. Today, however, I put it on because I hadn't used it in awhile and wanted to have something on my lips, even though they weren't feeling dry at all. Again, I used it several times to feel the coolness of the metal ball...but now my lips feel horribly dry, making me want to keep putting this stuff on my lips over and over. So this has me wondering if perhaps there is something in this product that actually dries out my lips, to keep me using it often, eventually causing me to buy more product. Am I crazy? Has anyone else had a similar experience?

I had the same experience with Carmex. Years ago I used it, often. I noticed that my lip line was kind of disappearing, and it is not that well defined to begin with. I thought it was really freaky. My sister had the same thing happen to her.

Does this stuff have any menthol in it?
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:02 PM   #21
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
So this has me wondering if perhaps there is something in this product that actually dries out my lips, to keep me using it often, eventually causing me to buy more product. Am I crazy? Has anyone else had a similar experience?
INTERVENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 06:19 PM   #22
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I had the same experience with Carmex. Years ago I used it, often. I noticed that my lip line was kind of disappearing, and it is not that well defined to begin with. I thought it was really freaky. My sister had the same thing happen to her.

Does this stuff have any menthol in it?
Unless it's on the label with an unrecognizable name, there doesn't seem to be any form of menthol in it. (there's an ingredient list linked to the link I posted, if anyone wants to look)
I wonder if it's the lanolin in it. I know that's supposed to be some great stuff for softening skin, but the few times I've used it, I hated the way it made my skin feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
INTERVENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't know what you're talking about. I can quit anytime I wish.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 12:23 PM   #23
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Unless it's on the label with an unrecognizable name, there doesn't seem to be any form of menthol in it. (there's an ingredient list linked to the link I posted, if anyone wants to look)
I wonder if it's the lanolin in it. I know that's supposed to be some great stuff for softening skin, but the few times I've used it, I hated the way it made my skin feel.
I don't know what you're talking about. I can quit anytime I wish.
Joy;

I tend to have slightly dry lips, and in the winter in Canada the indoor air is very dry, so I end up wanting to use lip stuff. Over the years I've found that most of the more heavily promoted brands have an addictive quality, like you described, where it feels great at first--but it is not long before my lips feel worse than ever.

I found Blistex to be really bad for this, it is the brand where I first identified this issue. About the only think I use now is Lypsil (spelling? maybe lipsyl?), which is quite waxy and does not offer much immediate relief, but it seems to help over the long run, without making me feel that I need more of it an hour later.

My reaction to lanolin is similar to what you described. Normally it just leaves my skin feeling somehow uncomfortable. Lanolin is a sheep product, it is the oil they have on their fleece, or something like that. I eventually realized that I have a mild wool allergy. Normally it is just slightly irritating, but if I have other allergies flaring up my reaction can be worse (years ago, while going through bad hay fever while visiting my parents, during the night I kicked the top sheet out of the way, and then wrapped the wool blanket right up over my face. In the morning my face was so swollen up I could barely see!). So to me the issues will lanolin make me suspect that it is related to the wool allergy, so I carefully avoid lanolin, and any sort of ointment or moisturizer which does not list all of its ingredients.

Not sure if you have any similar allergy issues, but I thought this was worth mentioning, as we seem to be having similar reactions there.

Regards;

-Ed
Old 06-19-2007, 02:43 PM   #24
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mmmmm. Carmex. I haven't seen that stuff in years but I loved it. We get some dry skin here in Alaska, and the lips are the worst since they're exposed.

I use this stuff. It's great for any kind of dry skin, including lips, feet, elbows, hands. It's not just for boobies anymore!

My confession?

Um. I've been walking on what is probably a broken foot. For a week. I'm going to the ER this afternoon. Yes, I am a nurse, and yes, I am an idiot.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #25
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default my confession

i confess that i need to walk more. I walk a lot with work, but that isnt walking for health, i bought walking sticks, and havent used the yet *hangs head in shame* i know better, and am terrified someday i will end up immobile from this lovely fat ass of mine...

so, even with the wonderful motivation of Ebonyssbbw, i am still a slacker.

anyone care to take a walk in st louis????

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote