Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-20-2007, 06:28 AM   #1
Jellybean

Jellybean can now change their title
Default Internet dating question for the gentlemen!

I've only posted a few times and this is the first time I've actually started a thread...but I figured I have a good test market group here.

After hanging around here, I've decided to change my profile on an internet dating site from a bland "casting a wide net" strategy to being as specific as possible about what I want.

As such, I am thinking of changing my profile headline to something along the lines of "Fat Chicks Rock!" or "Fat Girls Rule!"

The question: As men who appreciate the curvy girls, would you keep reading past the headline, finding that type of thing cute and fun, or would you find it too bold and off-putting?

And one more question: do you even ever look on mainstream internet dating sites for BBWs, do you go to BBW specific sites, or do you bypass internet dating completely?
Jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:36 AM   #2
Letiahna
..in search of sunrise..

Letiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot pics
Cool

I'm very interested in the replies to this so...
Letiahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
curvluver

curvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokescurvluver can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

If I was looking for romance I would probably go more for that type of heading rather than a generic type heading. A good heading lets people know what they're in for, and I'd be intrigued and have to get more information about you with that type of heading (I definitely would NOT find it rude and it would NOT put me off...Quite the opposite actually).

I never have dated via the internet, but if I did I probably would go to a mainstream site, because for me I've dated both thinner and heavier women, and weight for me is just a preference (personality and attitude are more important to me than physical characteristics...).

Am I happy that my wife is BBW (God Yes!), but would I love her if she were thinner (you betcha!).

Hope that answers your questions, and Good Luck looking for
curvluver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #4
Paw Paw
Hunting Cougars

Paw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 club

I was looking at dating sites at one time. And I believe that I would check that headline out. In my profile I actually made a weight requirement.

I was on mainstream and BBW sites. I most likely, still am.LOL

Peace,
2P.
Old 06-20-2007, 09:17 AM   #5
Blockierer
FAntastic

Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!Blockierer keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post

As such, I am thinking of changing my profile headline to something along the lines of "Fat Chicks Rock!" or "Fat Girls Rule!"
Cool headlines

4 years ago my gf found my ad on BBW site

I am sure you will find Mr. Right!
Blockierer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:41 AM   #6
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I'd say go for it! I've never had much luck with online dating, but I've been on several mainstream personals sites, and my head is always turned by headlines with "fat", "BBW", etc.

You might also try BBW-specific personals sites -- from what I've read here on Dims, LargeFriends.com seems to have a lot of success stories.
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:54 AM   #7
jack
Sylvester

jack does more than just post hot picsjack does more than just post hot picsjack does more than just post hot picsjack does more than just post hot pics

i've never used a dating service, so i'm not sure how it works, but pretty much anything that says "fat chicks rock" in any context grabs my attention.
jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:16 AM   #8
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I wholly support honesty in personals headlines. Mine is "will rob you when you sleep."
Old 06-20-2007, 10:36 AM   #9
Paw Paw
Hunting Cougars

Paw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 clubPaw Paw is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxwing View Post
I wholly support honesty in personals headlines. Mine is "will rob you when you sleep."
ROFLMAO!!

Peace.
2P.
Old 06-20-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default That's A Good One!

Quote:

Hahaha!!!, Waxwing, you'd get a bigger haul if your headline read
"Honest And Trustworthy"! LOL, hahahaha!

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:07 PM   #11
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

I met my BHM on a main-stream dating site. The photo he sent me was during the short period of his life when he was more or less of average weight - silly boy!
.:* .:*
cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 12:33 PM   #12
Dj Zulu
The Fat Kid Loves Cake

Dj Zulu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesDj Zulu can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
The question: As men who appreciate the curvy girls, would you keep reading past the headline, finding that type of thing cute and fun, or would you find it too bold and off-putting?

And one more question: do you even ever look on mainstream internet dating sites for BBWs, do you go to BBW specific sites, or do you bypass internet dating completely?
I haven't been on a internet dating site in a number of years, they are so complex now and just so much work. I liked the 900 ads in the old print Dims back in the day...

While we do business with largefriends.com, I've never even visited their site so I'm not sure how it works but if I were putting a ad out I'd want it to be a attention getter. I like women who are comfortable using the term FAT! so I'd probably use that term, those offended wouldn't click on (well maybe they would to curse me out and that's okay).

I don't think I've ever even been to a mainstream internet dating site, though I have been to (all body types) alternative ones and those need a lot of work if you are looking specifically for fat partners and/or friends.

D- (DJ Zulu)
Dj Zulu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:16 PM   #13
Jellybean

Jellybean can now change their title
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackerFA View Post
I'd say go for it! I've never had much luck with online dating, but I've been on several mainstream personals sites, and my head is always turned by headlines with "fat", "BBW", etc.

You might also try BBW-specific personals sites -- from what I've read here on Dims, LargeFriends.com seems to have a lot of success stories.
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! Very helpful!

I haven't had much luck with internet dating, either, but as I am a silly dewy-eyed optimist, I am willing to try a new approach!

I have looked at the the BBW specific sites but the amount of info you can post is a lot less than you can post in a mainstream site like match, so it seems less clear who you're getting in touch with.

And - there's also a lot more profile headlines such as "MuffDiver4U" on the BBW sites. Me, I'm more of an "HandHolder4U" type.

At least on the first email....
Jellybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:28 PM   #14
Trisha
Lard of the Rings

Trisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTrisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I asked my now-fiance what drew his attention to my personal ad on Yahoo. He said it was my headline. Which was:

'Fat Girls Are Harder To Kidnap'

Weeded out the thin-centric dudes and those with no sense of humor, that's for sure.

ETA: If you feel as if you don't have enough space for info on some of the BBW dating sites you've tried, I recommend the following:

www.generous.net

Your profile is basically like one of those surveys that everyone gets in emails and on MySpace. There's lots of questions you can answer, or not (you can simply cut the ones you don't like or wish to answer)and you can have as much space as you need for your answers or to add your own questions/answers.

Last edited by Trisha; 06-20-2007 at 02:35 PM. Reason: added link
Trisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 02:30 PM   #15
Letiahna
..in search of sunrise..

Letiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot picsLetiahna does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trisha View Post
I asked my now-fiance what drew his attention to my personal ad on Yahoo. He said it was my headline. Which was:

'Fat Girls Are Harder To Kidnap'

Weeded out the thin-centric dudes and those with no sense of humor, that's for sure.
Brilliant! Can I steal that???
Old 06-20-2007, 06:16 PM   #16
Trisha
Lard of the Rings

Trisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTrisha can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Letiahna View Post
Brilliant! Can I steal that???

Steal away, my dear! It worked for me....getting hitched in October!!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:19 PM   #17
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Now THAT is an excellent testimonial.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:45 PM   #18
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

even on BBW sites, I find a little clarifying information helpful. people have all sorts of ways of using "BBW." So I like mens' ads that make it extra-clear (as I try to do in mine)
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #19
Letiahna
..in search of sunrise..

Quote:
Thank you and congrats! All the best to the both of you
Old 06-20-2007, 06:51 PM   #20
Butterbelly
Melting in the desert

Butterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging inButterbelly makes people happy simply by logging in

My friend signed up to an online dating site....her profile heading says "Never do something you can't explain to the paramedics." She has received more winks/emails since she changed her headline to that, than just an average/bland heading.

"Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."
- Anais Nin

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Butterbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 06:52 PM   #21
Letiahna
..in search of sunrise..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterbelly View Post
My friend signed up to an online dating site....her profile heading says "Never do something you can't explain to the paramedics." She has received more winks/emails since she changed her headline to that, than just an average/bland heading.
This is very good, too Man, I wish I was that brilliant! lol
Old 06-20-2007, 10:20 PM   #22
Koldun
On Timeout

Koldun can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKoldun can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The problem with online dating sites is that my wife tends to catch me
Koldun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 11:32 PM   #23
Canonista
Rep Dealer

Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Canonista has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:

So you're saying you'll spend the night at my house? Just leave me ONE kidney, will ya?

I do the interweb dating thing. I met my present GF at "Megafriends.com". I post there under the name "JeepGuy". I haven't updated it to tell people I'm taken, but I am open about it when I speak to other members individually.

If you join, let me know and I'll let you into my locked photo albums.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:49 AM   #24
RedVelvet
Airship Pirate

RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!RedVelvet keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by imfree View Post
Hahaha!!!, Waxwing, you'd get a bigger haul if your headline read
"Honest And Trustworthy"! LOL, hahahaha!

Ok...you do realize that part of what is thought of as ironic humour is the whole...."I mean just the opposite" thing, right?...so....pointing out the obvious and normal answer....isnt..really....

oh...nevermind....I'll just be over here, pulling the wings off flies.

Spend all your money here or here, please.

"Reality has a well known liberal bias." -- Stephen Colbert

Come quickly! I am tasting stars!- Dom Perignon (1638-1714) at his first sip of champagne
RedVelvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 AM   #25
ExpandingHorizons

ExpandingHorizons can now change their title

Are online dating sites really worth the money? I don't want to pay $20-30 a month just to find a date. There's some freebies like meeting in a chat room, meeting somewhere at places, etc like that. I haven't successfully picked up someone thru a paying dating site.
ExpandingHorizons is offline   Reply With Quote