Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 06-29-2007, 03:42 PM   #1
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Your good thoughts are requested for...

I'm a bit hesitant about posting this one but - how does anyone feel about a thread where we can all list the names of the people we'd welcome prayers/good wishes/positive thoughts for? I love reading peoples blogs and learning what goes in their lives and I love getting the chance to direct some positive energy out there because it makes me feel like part of the huge Dimensions family.

But, I'm starting to feel traumatized if I'm slow reading a blog and discover that good thoughts are needed and I'm too late. I'd hate for anyone to ever think 'well dammit, she sent good wishes to X when she wanted them and then ignored me' when the simple truth is that I'm rubbish at keeping up with everything. Also, I'm obviously not saying dont also post the detailed stuff in your blog.

Anyway, I think i've rambled enough, so I'll start the thread so we can see if it works.

Tracey xx
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:44 PM   #2
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

For my Grandmother, Muriel Ellen - who is 88 and just out of hospital for the third time this year. She's an amazing lady and she's feeling very low at the moment.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:03 PM   #3
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Bea..this is a great idea! So much can get lost, and then folks can start thinking some do not care, which is usually so very not true.

Here is a smile for your Grandmother...I love old women.*S*
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 04:05 PM   #4
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

Poor grandma. You've got mine, Bea.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:29 PM   #5
rainyday
Departed

rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.rainyday has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love this idea, Tracey. I miss so much that's written in the blogs.

Good thoughts and prayers to your gram.
rainyday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #6
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default great idea

prayers given and good thoughts sent...hugs Tracey...Dianna

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 12:43 AM   #7
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaBea View Post
For my Grandmother, Muriel Ellen - who is 88 and just out of hospital for the third time this year. She's an amazing lady and she's feeling very low at the moment.

Tracey,I think this is a fantastic idea!! So often I end up missing things and I then feel terrible about not being able to reply.I'm sending positive energy to both you and your grandmother.I know how important a role a grandmother can play in ones life and I hope that she starts feeling better very,very soon.Here's to Muriel Ellen!
Liz

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 01:44 AM   #8
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think this is a fabulous idea for a thread...I miss things almost always the first time around, for one, plus (from my POV) I find it somehow nicer to have these things all kinda in one place rather than sad threads of temporary import...something about all that good will in one place seems nicer.

For Muriel Ellen--
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 01:54 PM   #9
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This isn't exactly a conventional "good thoughts" request, but I'm going to ask anyway. I can't go into too much detail, but my middle son, Zack, who will be 20 in August, is making some pretty bad life choices right now...some of them harmful. It's tearing me up that I can't be there to talk with him, and I have no way of reaching him. I'd like to ask for prayers/good thoughts/whatever you do that he'll see a different path and find the bravery to actually follow it. He's such a smart guy...has so much going for him...but he's floundering right now and I'm powerless to do anything but hope.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:43 PM   #10
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy View Post
This isn't exactly a conventional "good thoughts" request, but I'm going to ask anyway. I can't go into too much detail, but my middle son, Zack, who will be 20 in August, is making some pretty bad life choices right now...some of them harmful. It's tearing me up that I can't be there to talk with him, and I have no way of reaching him. I'd like to ask for prayers/good thoughts/whatever you do that he'll see a different path and find the bravery to actually follow it. He's such a smart guy...has so much going for him...but he's floundering right now and I'm powerless to do anything but hope.
Good thoughts for your Zack, that he'll regain his footing ASAP, and hugs for my sweet JoyJoy.
Old 07-06-2007, 02:57 PM   #11
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Tracey, this thread is a great idea - a AAA rating in my book!

I hope your gramma is feeling better; best wishes for her improved health.

Joy, I'm sorry to hear about Zack. I pray that he gets through his current bad season without too many scars, and finds another path that you both can live with.

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:36 AM   #12
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Joy,

I don't know if this will be a comfort, but it sounds like your son may be going through some of the things my brother did, and my brother eventually turned things around in his life without too much lingering trouble.

While I hope things with your son never get to this point, at one time my brother was a homeless drug addict, and hadn't been in touch with anyone in the family for 5 years, but he was able to get past all that. So, I hope that your son doesn't have the troubles my brother did, and that he can work his way through what is going on in his life right now. As long as he knows you're there for him, he'll be OK. I will be wishing good thoughts for both of you.
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:25 PM   #13
wistful

wistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions communitywistful is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Joy I'm sending good thoughts to both you and your son! I hope that whatever he is going through passes quickly.Take care of yourself.

"Look at that. Look how she moves. That's just like jell-o on springs. She must have some sort of built-in motor or something. I tell you, it's a whole different sex.
wistful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #14
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Amber

One of my niece's friends, a former sometimes student of mine, is on life support due to alcohol poisoning, possibly combined with diet pills.

I'm fortunate that my niece is an athlete, so she was home early last night as she had a game this morning. However, a bunch of her friends were out drinking last night. They're going into 10th grade this fall.

So, prayers and wishes, obviously, for Amber, for her health and well-being. But also prayers and wishes for these young girls who shouldn't be destroying their bodies like this and for strength for those who are trying to resist the temptation to go along with the crowd.
Old 07-14-2007, 07:28 PM   #15
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by missaf View Post
Your good thoughts are requested for my foster dad, Al. Without too much detail he felt led spiritually to make a stand for something important to our familly and some dick-wad in power is claiming a conspiracy against his already tenuous position as pastor, and is focusing his guns on my family. It's going to be a long day of elder meetings at the church for him and lots of worry and prayer from the rest of us.
Missaf, Prayers for Al are on their way (although belatedly - sorry!). I hope things have resolved?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
One of my niece's friends, a former sometimes student of mine, is on life support due to alcohol poisoning, possibly combined with diet pills.

I'm fortunate that my niece is an athlete, so she was home early last night as she had a game this morning. However, a bunch of her friends were out drinking last night. They're going into 10th grade this fall.

So, prayers and wishes, obviously, for Amber, for her health and well-being. But also prayers and wishes for these young girls who shouldn't be destroying their bodies like this and for strength for those who are trying to resist the temptation to go along with the crowd.

Tenth grade! How sad. Prayers for Amber, Sweetie.

Old 07-14-2007, 07:36 PM   #16
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here are some prayers for Tracey's Grandmother, for JoyJoy's Zack, for Missa's foster Dad, and for Amber.

(((Warm wishes and hugs!)))
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 07:47 PM   #17
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My SIL Julie has just gone into labor, with her 2nd.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #18
Risible
Monkey Daze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
My SIL Julie has just gone into labor, with her 2nd.
Blessed event! Good wishes being sent Julie's way for an easy labor and delivery of a very healthy infant!

Old 07-14-2007, 08:04 PM   #19
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
Blessed event! Good wishes being sent Julie's way for an easy labor and delivery of a very healthy infant!
Perfectly said. Yay Julie!
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:17 PM   #20
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default good wishes

good wishes and good karma to all those that need it...

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 09:03 PM   #21
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My best wishes to everyone mentioned here. I'm so glad we have this thread...I hope more people will begin using it. Thanks, Tracey, for starting it!

Zack is doing better. It seems a lot of what was going on was in defiance of his father, with whom he has a very stormy relationship, thanks to his father's wife in many ways. Zack has now moved to another small city about 30 miles from where his father lives and has a new job and seems to be doing well. I talk with him often, and it seems the concerns his father voiced to me about his activities were blown well out of proportion...not surprising at all. He and his father have not made peace, but I'm confident that will happen eventually. Zack's just feeling a need to prove some things to his father (and his step-mother). We had a talk about that need, and being his own person, etc...he's going to be fine. Thank you to everyone for your kindnesses.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:52 AM   #22
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

Thats lovely JoyJoy. I guess the Father/Son thing can be as tough as the Mother/Daughter thing sometimes. I'm glad he's on the right road

Tracey xx
Old 07-15-2007, 05:02 AM   #23
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just found this. Good vibes and positive thoughts coming out to all of your friends and loved ones.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 04:17 PM   #24
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just wanted to let anyone who was praying for her know that Amber is off life support and home now, but she's having some residual problems with her brain function and speech. I'm not sure all the details, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Old 07-18-2007, 04:39 PM   #25
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
I just wanted to let anyone who was praying for her know that Amber is off life support and home now, but she's having some residual problems with her brain function and speech. I'm not sure all the details, but please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.
Sweet Tooth, thats good news, I hope her recovery continues though. So sad that such a young life has been affected in this way. I hope she makes it through - and that hopefully her troubles will make a few other girls think twice too.

Tracey xx