Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-05-2005, 12:13 AM   #1
RedRanger

RedRanger has said some nice things
Default Movies/tv shows with fat suits?

Tonight at 3 AM on HBO the Denis Leary movie "Dawg" is on. In it, Alex Bronstein (from Family Guy and MadTV) wears a fat suit which gives her a ginormous ass. It got me to thinking about fat suits. There's something very sexy about them to me. Anyone else feel the same way? Anyone know of any movies or tv that they are in? Here is all I can think of:

Shallow Hal
Dawg
The Drew Carey Show
FRIENDS
The Nutty Professor
Mrs. Doubtfire
Also a Steve Martin movie, I believe Kathleen Turner wears the fat suit

Last edited by RedRanger; 10-05-2005 at 01:25 AM.
RedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 12:48 AM   #2
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

Alex Bornstein is a such a hottie, even though she's lost some weight. I would love to see that film just to see how big they made her ass. I've always imagined her bigger anyway.

The only other films I can think of are:

Big Momma's House
Austin Powers 2 and 3
Nothing But Trouble
Judge_Dre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 01:06 AM   #3
RedRanger

Hell yeah she is. I used to watch MadTV just to see her, she got pretty big in her last season. They made her ass so big she has trouble fitting through the door in her house. Its on now on HBO .
Old 10-05-2005, 01:11 AM   #4
1300 Class
Pam Poovey's Stunt Double

1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!1300 Class has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hmmm, since Austen Powers, Drew Carey and Shallow Hal have already been up, thats me out of ideas.
1300 Class is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:04 AM   #5
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The Steve Martin movie was The Man With Two Brains, incidentally - and it's one of my favorite Martin comedies . . .
Old 10-05-2005, 06:05 AM   #6
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Normally I'm none too pleased with fat suits. If they need a fat character, they oughta hire a genuine fat actress. Besides, a fat suit probably means the character will be unhappy or stupid or a big sloppy buffoon, or eventually lose weight to "live happily ever after". Pretty predictable.

Sometimes, though, the fat suit works. Believe it or not, despite the fat jokes, Shallow Hal is one of my favorite films because the fat girl wins. The fat suit is very well done too, and Rosemary is a beautiful, well-dressed and intelligent fat woman. The movie could have taken the easy way and made Rosemary lose weight to win her sweetheart, but no the shallow jerk came to his senses instead, and yes he realized his 300lb girlfriend was his soulmate. Kinda like how I shattered my husband's prejudices against fat girls long ago. And we're living happy ever after, with my built-in fat suit intact.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rosemary.jpg (11.9 KB, 3570 views)
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 07:14 AM   #7
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think there is an episode of Blue Collar TV that has sketch about a fat family (everyone in fat suits).

I wasnít able to see the whole thing, so I donít know how it ends.

Did anybody seen or remember this one?
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 08:22 AM   #8
BTB
a nut, but not just a nut

BTB can now change their title
Default re

One Episode of unhappily ever after, but that could be padding and the Fat Slags Movie, which has it's moments but is bad, the fat suits are more or less anatomically correct.
BTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:04 AM   #9
eljay

eljay has said some nice things

Personally i think fat suits suck. It's not as if it would be that trixy to find an actor who was actually fat!
eljay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 10:09 AM   #10
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

The worst example of fat suit usage has to be "The Dumplings", an NBC sitcom disaster that only lasted a few weeks. It was about an overweight couple who were happy the way they were and starred the late James Coco and a woman I don't remember in a fat suit.

Last edited by Wayne_Zitkus; 10-09-2005 at 09:30 AM.
Wayne_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 11:03 AM   #11
Judge_Dre

Judge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticedJudge_Dre never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by

Sometimes, though, the fat suit works. Believe it or not, despite the fat jokes, [I
Shallow Hal[/I] is one of my favorite films because the fat girl wins. The fat suit is very well done too, and Rosemary is a beautiful, well-dressed and intelligent fat woman. The movie could have taken the easy way and made Rosemary lose weight to win her sweetheart, but no the shallow jerk came to his senses instead, and yes he realized his 300lb girlfriend was his soulmate. Kinda like how I shattered my husband's prejudices against fat girls long ago. And we're living happy ever after, with my built-in fat suit intact.

Shallow Hal was a delight for me to watch because it was the first time I felt attracted to Gywneth Paltrow! I especially liked her body double, especially in the pool scene when she wears a bikini.

I just remembered a few more examples of fat suits on film.

The Foo Fighters' video for "Learn to Fly" features Dave Grohl in drag as a BBW

I believe Terry Jones wears the fat suit in a rather disgusting sketch in the film, Monty Python and the Meaning of Life

Death Becomes Her has Goldie Hawn in a fat suit.
Old 10-05-2005, 11:33 AM   #12
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Wilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesWilson Barbers can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Dre
I believe Terry Jones wears the fat suit in a rather disgusting sketch in the film, Monty Python and the Meaning of Life.
Terry (by no means a slender man himself these days) Jones did indeed play the vomitous mega-sized fat man in Meaning of Life. The two-dsic DVD set has a rather delightful excised sequence of his character trundling down the sidewalk on way to the restaurant - utilizing wheels to hold his belly up (much like a character out of Judge Dredd). Of course, it all gets Really Gross really quickly . . .
Old 10-05-2005, 12:42 PM   #13
RedRanger

I agree, of course, a real fat actress is much better. But for a minute its as if a skinny actress has put on a lot of weight at once, so it adds a new level to the weight gain fantasy.

There was also an MTV show I cant remember the name where a hot shallow blonde girl who made fun of fat girls was made to put on a fat suit and live a day as a fat girl and show her what it was like to be on the other side. Pretty cool, made her cry too.
Old 10-05-2005, 01:13 PM   #14
Jack Skellington
Grim Grinning Ghosts

Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!Jack Skellington keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
The worst example of fat suit usage has to be "The Dunmplings", an NBC sitcom disaster that only lasted a few weeks.

I don't think I've ever heard about that show before. I did a google search and this was all I could find http://www.tv.com/the-dumplings/show/6324/summary.html

BTW: The make up gallery has a fairly extense section on fat suits.

http://www.themakeupgallery.info/cha.../fat/index.htm

Goblins and ghoulies, from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine. Creepies and crawlies, toads in a pond, let there be music from regions beyond.

Wizards and Witches, wherever you dwell, give us a hint by ringing a bell.

Last edited by Jack Skellington; 10-05-2005 at 01:22 PM.
Jack Skellington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 02:12 PM   #15
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRanger
Shallow Hal
Dawg
The Drew Carey Show
FRIENDS
The Nutty Professor
Mrs. Doubtfire
Also a Steve Martin movie, I believe Kathleen Turner wears the fat suit
Let's not forget Goldie Hawn in "Death Becomes Her." see Goldie's fat makeup
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 03:27 PM   #16
Judge_Dre

[QUOTE=Wilson Barbers The two-dsic DVD set has a rather delightful excised sequence of his character trundling down the sidewalk on way to the restaurant - utilizing wheels to hold his belly up (much like a character out of Judge Dredd.[/QUOTE]

You just pinpointed the origin of my screen name. I have a copy of Judge Dredd versus the Fatties. Wonderful cover, but unfortunatly, not much BBW art inside.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg judge.jpg (84.5 KB, 2504 views)
Old 10-05-2005, 03:48 PM   #17
pinuptami
Model turned slacker

pinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot picspinuptami does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webmaster
Let's not forget Goldie Hawn in "Death Becomes Her." see Goldie's fat makeup

Yes! *high fives Conrad*

That's one of my favorite moves, and I love the scene where Goldie's in her fat suit and she keeps watching Madeline's death scene over...and over...

I think I'll have to watch that soon

Last edited by pinuptami; 10-05-2005 at 03:49 PM. Reason: never gonna get the hang of deleting my sig!
pinuptami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2005, 04:18 PM   #18
Wilson Barbers
Full-time Fanta-sizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Dre
You just pinpointed the origin of my screen name. I have a copy of Judge Dredd versus the Fatties. Wonderful cover, but unfortunatly, not much BBW art inside.
Yeah, I love that Brian Bolland cover, which also appeared in America on a issue of color Dredd reprints by Eagle Comics. Most of the art in the Fatties stories focuses on BHMen, but I do fondly recall a two-panel sequence when a Mega-City-sized femme attempts to commit fraud in the food lines.

The Dredd stories also served as an inspiration for my "Adipost Zone" tales: even named a robot character "Glover" after the pseudonymous author(s) of these stories . . .
Old 10-05-2005, 08:07 PM   #19
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Martin Short does bits in fat suits a lot, including an appearance on the late 80's Muppets Tonight, a movie I can't remember where he got stung by a bee, and his insuppressible character Jimmy Glick.

And I can't believe NOBODY remembered EITHER version of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory... VIOLET BEAUREGARDE!!! HELLO!!!
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:14 AM   #20
kitsypuff
On Timeout

kitsypuff has said some nice things

Monica wore a fat suit in a few episodes of "Friends". Anybody besides Eddie Murphy in "The Nutty Professor" or "The Klumps"? (I didn't see them. They looked horrendo.) Those and Amy Sedaris in the fattypants on "Strangers with Candy" are the only ones that come to mind that haven't already been mentioned.

I have to vote "nay" on the fat suit too, much as I love Amy and her memoir-writin' bro. Smacks of the unenlightened Hollywood day when they'd paint up a white person or tape up their eyelids or whatever to play a minority. Kind of offensive. As a fatty who always had to play the mama or God forbid the fat *guy* in high school drama, I feel for the BB actresses who can't get arrested, only to see lil' flat-chested Gwynny encased in foam rubber. That's another thing. The fat suits never move right -- they're puffy, but anti-gravity. They should use bags of puddin' or something. Strike that. They should give a fatty a dern job.

Last edited by kitsypuff; 10-06-2005 at 12:17 AM.
kitsypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 06:55 AM   #21
babyjeep21
Kamikaze Peanut Butter

babyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

It really isn't a surprise that we see fat suits so often in movies. It seems that anytime we see them, there is a larger person being made fun of. What kind of actor or actress would want to be put through that?

I'm still a huge fan of Camryn Manheim. Seeing her on tv and being successful made me so proud!

Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than a whole one... -E.B. White

Have Fun by Helping Feed The Hungry: http://www.freerice.com/
babyjeep21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 02:40 PM   #22
sockratezz

sockratezz can now change their title

Believe it or not I have a Yahoo Group dedicated to this ame subject. I've been trying to keep it maintained but it can be hard wotk. Check it out if you interested and submissions of pics and info on othe movies and tv shows that used fatsuits is appreciated. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pretending2bfat/

I also remember a episode of My Wife and Kids wher the whole family got fat and a few talk shows (Geraldo,Jenny Jones,Ricki Lake) where they made people fat for the day.
sockratezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 08:36 PM   #23
Angie O'Plasty

Angie O'Plasty has said some nice things
Default The Odd Couple

Don't forget that episode of the "Odd Couple" when Oscar (Jack Klugman) stars in that diet ad and wears a fat suit. He's 300+ pounds, easy.

Angie
xoxoxo
Angie O'Plasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 03:26 AM   #24
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I had completedly forgotten about the "Detective Fat" skits on The Sonny and Cher Show from 1972 until I saw one repeated on TVLand. Everybody wears fat suits.

I'm starting to think that with the profusion of fat suits, maybe lotsa people are "fat wannabes". After all, I love my tailor-made built-in fat suit.

Sonny and Cher: SHOW 23
Guests: Tony Curtis and Barbara McNair

The Cultural Spot -- Detective Fat (Tony) is hired by Gangster Big, a rotund mobster (regular Ted Zeigler), to find out which one of his overweight gang has a contract out on him. The suspects include Penelope Plump, his moll (Cher); Sally Stout, a singer in his nightclub (Barbara); and Harry Obese, Mr. Big's driver (Sonny).

Last edited by TallFatSue; 10-09-2005 at 03:30 AM.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:03 PM   #25
sockratezz

sockratezz can now change their title

I remember an episode of Fantasy Island as a kid with Adrienne Barbeau in a fatsuit as the owner of a bakery. I also remember so old Carol Burnett episodes with her in a fatsuit.
sockratezz is offline   Reply With Quote