Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 10-11-2005, 01:10 AM   #26
Korota

Korota can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockratezz
Believe it or not I have a Yahoo Group dedicated to this ame subject. I've been trying to keep it maintained but it can be hard wotk. Check it out if you interested and submissions of pics and info on othe movies and tv shows that used fatsuits is appreciated. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pretending2bfat/

I also remember a episode of My Wife and Kids wher the whole family got fat and a few talk shows (Geraldo,Jenny Jones,Ricki Lake) where they made people fat for the day.
Cool! But you should REALLY put the pics in the files section, since the Photos section shrinks everything down and you can't see the full-size versions unless you're a moderator.
Korota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:32 AM   #27
Webmaster
Chief Emeritus

Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.Webmaster has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korota
Cool! But you should REALLY put the pics in the files section, since the Photos section shrinks everything down and you can't see the full-size versions unless you're a moderator.
We don't shrink photos here, and Dimensions would probably be a much more reliable rare pictures repository thanYahoo which is known to yank groups without warning.
Webmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 10:41 AM   #28
fatgirl33
Just doodlin'

fatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 clubfatgirl33 is a member of the 500 club

Where is Padding Fan? He was an authority on the subject, and had a nifty website a few years ago. Unfortunately I haven't seen him posting anywhere for at least two years...
Old 10-11-2005, 12:49 PM   #29
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on

All things are relative, but, "good fat suit" seems like an oxymoron to me. Methinks the, "fat suit" in Shallow Hal looked so good 'cause of Ivy Snitzer, the uncreditted body double. My single biggest gripe with the fat suit industry is their inabillity to do faces. I'd much more believe a fat person wearing a tracksuit in the middle of a hot summer day with a thin face (heck, that's some of the most beautiful women I know) than a medium-sized chick sporting foam flesh, a goiter, the results of a night spent in the most pugilistic of manners, and apparently moments before or past a severe anaphylactic shock. *Deep Breath*... but I digress.

A few more movies for the list:
America's Sweethearts
Death Becomes Her
Love on a Diet
Requiem for a Dream
Devil's Food (TV)
TV eps
Smallville: The hunger
Sabrina the Teenage witch (err.. that stupid episode with pancakes?)
My wife and kids:Thru Thick and Thin
Family Matters (Like I'd remember from back then? I was 12!)
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 05:57 PM   #30
sockratezz

sockratezz can now change their title

I remember this show from the the mid 90's called The Edge. It was an sketch comedy show that was the predeceser(excuse the spelling) of Mad TV. Well what stuck out to me was a parody of Wilson Philips with Julie Brown (of Just Say Julie) dressed in a fatsuit and make-up as Carnie Wilson. I also remember an episode of Geraldo when he punished this lady for her treatment of overweight people by making her live a day as a 300+lb woman. Not very effective but It suposedly worked.
sockratezz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 07:20 PM   #31
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on

You're really stretching the meaning of the phrase, " fat suit" there.

The Martin short movie is called, Pure Luck. There's a simillar scene in Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the 13th.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2005, 09:18 AM   #32
Chode McBlob

Chode McBlob can now change their title
Default There was an episode of Monk....

Tim Curry played the obese bedridden man. His character had been charged with murdering someone. But how could he? He could get out of bed. It turns out that a friend of his commited the crime and his profile was seen as a shadow against a window shade. He had been seen standing on a chair that also was too fragile to supprt that much weight. And the fat suit itself was seen in the story hanging on a hook. Essentially for the Tim Curry character the fat suit was to portray him as the obese man. And another character used the fat suit as a prop. to commit a crime with.
Old 10-16-2005, 10:02 PM   #33
Zoom
Rogue

Zoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions communityZoom is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Geraldo wore a fat suit once, and commented during the show about his shortness of breath, etc.

In "Punky Brewster" there's a young girl wearing a fat suit as she plays a girl who likes being fat, but is then told she's unhealthy and should go on a diet. her liking being fat is interesting as she wears a sweatshirt with "Wide Load" on it and carries around a "Save the Whales" bumper sticker. Very unusual and I'm sure most pro-fat people don't go around doing this.

"In Living Color" 1st season has an episode with a condo for very fat people and one of the cast members wears a fat suit. I never saw the episode though, but I heard about it in TV Guide years ago. Wished I'd saved her picture.

Also, many circus fat ladies have worn fat suits to look fatter than they actually were, and this was commonplace in television circuses as well especially when insurance underwriters wouldn't hire very fat ladies.

Oh, and in "The Facts of Life"'s last few seasons, Mindy Cohn wears some fat padding, since she grew into her chubby body and looked thinner compared with the rest of the cast, who had gained some weight.

Last edited by Zoom; 10-18-2005 at 02:47 PM.
Zoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 11:20 AM   #34
Aliena

Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Aliena has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Wink

Ben Stiller wears a fat suit in 'Dodgeball'. This is another movie that I thought would be stupid, but actually found it hilarious, but it's a Ben Stiller film and he has yet to let me down!

TallFatSue: I too thought I wouldn't like 'Shallow Hal', but found myself really, really liking it. I admit, I found some of the stuff in there a little exagerrated, but its overall message was great!

Does Cameron Diaz made up as an animated plus-size ogar in 'Shrek' count??
Aliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2005, 07:39 PM   #35
sockratezz

One of my favorites is Mr.Cresote from "Monty Python's The Meaning of Life" and who can forget Tim Allen in the "SANTA CLAUSE" movies.
Old 10-19-2005, 03:27 PM   #36
BBWDREAMLOVER
The belly rules the mind.

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Barbers
The Steve Martin movie was The Man With Two Brains, incidentally - and it's one of my favorite Martin comedies . . .
I LOVED THAT MOVIE!!!
BBWDREAMLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:42 AM   #37
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Here we go again. I just heard this preview of Date Movie on Entertainment Tonight:
Quote:
'Date Movie,' from "two of the six writers" of 'Scary Movie,' features "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" and "How I Met Your Mother" star ALYSON HANNIGAN as Julia, a simple girl looking for love. But there's a catch: Julia starts out pretty heavy, and the red-headed Alyson had to don a realistic-looking "fat suit" to make the dramatic transition.
Once again the fat girl slims down to catch her man. And one scene showed the fat girl getting hosed down with a fire hose. This might be pretty cool if is was for a fat wet T-shirt contest, but nope she just gets knocked over for a cheap joke. Considering that fat people are probably in the majority now, it's amazing how many movies and TV shows still use demeaning fat jokes.

So far Shallow Hal is the only major movie I can think of, where the fat girl stays fat and wins the love of her life anyway. Surely it's not the only one?
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 05:52 PM   #38
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

i've always been ambivalent about Georgie's girl (sp?) but i believe she stays the same in that flick, no?
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:51 PM   #39
Littleghost
Oh, Frickenstein.

Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Littleghost has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There was a show in the early 90's? called Harts Afire with the late John Ritter and his 'wife' markie post. In an episode called "Fat Like Me" she goes undercover and puts on a rather large fat suit. It looked pretty good from what I could remember, but I was also young.

rarely ready with the VCR,
--Littleghost
Littleghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:44 PM   #40
sockratezz

Default Maybe

Maybe I'm the minorty when it comes to fatsuits. I actually like them. Kind of want one myself. But I can understand where a lot of people would be upset about their use. Alot of times they are not utilized in the correct manner, sometimes they are used to patronize and reinforce stereotypes. But I believe it can used as an educational device to teach sensativity to the narrow minded. But like i said, maybe i'm in the minority.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:47 PM   #41
RedRanger

RedRanger has said some nice things

You and me both, theres some sort of instant gratification seeing a skinny woman put one on and assume the body of a 350 lb woman. I think itd be cool to put one on and go about the day as a very fat person.
RedRanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 10:53 PM   #42
sockratezz

I definitely agree with you there. I'm about 5'11" 230 and I have always wanted to go in public in a fatsuit as a 400 to 500 lb man. I loved when Eddie Murphy did Sherman Klump. I plan on doing it with in the next year.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:55 PM   #43
RedRanger

Yeah me too, or even better becoming a fat woman. Even though he looked like shit, I really loved the idea of Martin Lawrence being a huge black woman.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:58 PM   #44
sockratezz

True indeed. I loved that concept. I remember the "Reality Check" skits on MadTV. They were classic. Tovah McQueen and Belma Buttons.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #45
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockratezz
Maybe I'm the minorty when it comes to fatsuits. I actually like them. Kind of want one myself. But I can understand where a lot of people would be upset about their use. Alot of times they are not utilized in the correct manner, sometimes they are used to patronize and reinforce stereotypes. But I believe it can used as an educational device to teach sensativity to the narrow minded. But like i said, maybe i'm in the minority.
Hey, you can have mine.

Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 11:51 AM   #46
Echoes

Echoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot picsEchoes does more than just post hot pics

There was an episode of The Fresh Prince of Bel Air where Susan Powter guest starred and made Will Smith wear a fat suit for a day because he kept making fun of Uncle Phil.
Echoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:40 PM   #47
ChubbyBlackSista
Master Member

ChubbyBlackSista can now change their title
Default Good Afternoon Dimensions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilson Barbers
The Steve Martin movie was The Man With Two Brains, incidentally - and it's one of my favorite Martin comedies . . .
Hmm...

Steve Martin was really good in Father of the Bride II with Diane Keaton Kimberly Williams. I thought his acting was really on point it goes as well for Father of the Bride Part I I've loved Steve Martin since he starred in Parent Hood That was my favorite movie. But these are the movies that I liked with the Fat Suit on.

1. Shallow Hal
Gwyneth Paltrow was the best in that movie I really liked how it talked about other men seeing woman differently than they appear and at the end the whole femaile was Fat and I don't think that was just him seeing things it was real they were fat in the end. I honestly think Gwyneth should take this pregnancy in stride and gain some weight while she is pregnant I mean keep the weight after she gives birth but I know she's not going to keep the weight they never do but she looked so good Fat

2. Big Momma House 1 and 2

Martin was so good in that movie impersonating a older woman so he can go undercover. Because Sheila played by Nia Long was coming to town to see her Aunt which Martin was playing and he played this thing til the end and Terrance Howard starred as Sheila's Con Man that was her Partner in Crime you see He was the one that was robbing the banks she was just his sidekick. Its a really hilarious movie you have to see it
3. Fresh Prince of Bel Air

Episode when he spys on Lisa and they are trying to get Uncle Phil in shape and they get the exercise Guru Susan I don't know her last name but if you saw the episode you know what i"m talking about, well anyways he was in a Fat Suit because I guess Susan told him to get in a Fat Suit because he was making fun of Fat people and she said I bet you can't walk around dressed like one for a day and he took the bet and went to a Public place The Grocery Store and he saw Lisa with Another Man.
ChubbyBlackSista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 02:22 PM   #48
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Several years ago, I saw a movie called "Big Girls Don't Cry," and I think it starred Ricki Lake. Anyway, if I remember correctly.....

Fat girl meets boy, he goes out with her on a dare (or some other lame thing), he ends up liking her, she finds out about the dare and dumps him. She gains self-pride and confidence, and goes back to school.

This is pretty sketchy, and I don't remember all the details. Did anyone else see it?
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:12 PM   #49
hiltonmarionbunn

hiltonmarionbunn has said some nice things

Isn't there a scene in magical mystery tour, or is that not a suit. I don't remember, been years since i saw that.

Must revisit.

From Joe
hiltonmarionbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 06:35 PM   #50
RedRanger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW Betty
Several years ago, I saw a movie called "Big Girls Don't Cry," and I think it starred Ricki Lake. Anyway, if I remember correctly.....

Fat girl meets boy, he goes out with her on a dare (or some other lame thing), he ends up liking her, she finds out about the dare and dumps him. She gains self-pride and confidence, and goes back to school.

This is pretty sketchy, and I don't remember all the details. Did anyone else see it?

Yep, I remember seeing that a long time ago. It wasnt a fat suit, Ricki Lake used to be real big. I loved it, one of the first times I'd seen a movie with a fat actress as the main character, good scene of her in the bathtub naked I think. She ends up getting with him in the end I think.