Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-29-2007, 03:59 AM   #226
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Lasagne with italian sausage

It's really good..but next time I wanna add mushrooms and a few other things I think
Talk about coincidence, Misty ! I just unloaded my cam with the pics of the lasagne i had Will post them later, just too busy right now. Anywayz, your lasagne does look very good and tasty. And yes, methinks there are dozens of ways for a good lasagne. An Italian friend had a dinner party at his place once where he made 5 different versions of lasagne (they were all excellent) - of course we helped him a bit with the preparations
Old 08-29-2007, 06:24 AM   #227
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post
Lasagne with italian sausage

It's really good..but next time I wanna add mushrooms and a few other things I think
Oh Misty that looks soooo good. I have added mushrooms before they were tasty in the mix.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2007, 05:12 PM   #228
Missy9579
Formerly BigCutieViolet!

Missy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
Shepard's Pie (with skin-on mashed taters)

Attachment 25909
Now here is a girl who makes shepards pie just like I do!!

One time I was at Heathers and she asked me to make it, and she had me use peas!!! and I was like, wow its kind of dry, and she said you add brown gravy to it too...I was like, well, thats NOT shepards pie!

I do meat and onions cooked together, 1 can reg and 1 can creamed corn, I like the extra moisture it gives, and then a layer of instant taters,,,,yum! In fact, I think Ill make that this weekend
Old 08-29-2007, 07:11 PM   #229
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Inspired by Jacks gormet sandwich thread, tonight I made a sandwich for dinner.

I had cooked a boneless turkey breast today so I used it.

I buttered the roll and toasted it under the broiler, then I added parmesan and mozzarella cheese and toasted it again.

I sliced up the turkey and thats when " I froze up" I was going to try a new dressing.. but mayo was suddenly on my knife and I spread it over the turkey.

I added salad to my plate as I just couldnt put it in my sandwich at this time. Though after tasteing the sandwich it would of tasted really good with cesar salad on it.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:50 PM   #230
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

So much for my noodle craving.. Dinner is Taco Soup
(with sour cream, cheese, and mexican pickles. )
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taco.jpg (39.7 KB, 402 views)
Old 08-30-2007, 01:38 AM   #231
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

My step-Grama always used Yukon golds back before anyone heard of them. She called them Finn potatoes and we loved them because they taste like they have buckets of butter whipped in. They aren't waxy like a red potato but they aren't as fluffy as a russet either. Esme is so right, they make the BEST mashed.

Fuzzy, what the heck is friday sauce? (Like I could not ask. )

Cyn, I would crawl for that mushroom chicken and dumpling soup. That is totally my idea of heaven in a bowl.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 08:08 AM   #232
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

This is the first lasagne i've made since a year or so. Always thought it were too time consuming. But it is not. So more lasagne from now on This one here actually is called "Cheese Lasagne" and a sure shot - nothing can go wrong with it. This time however i had been in a hurry when i went to the grocery store, nobody was behind the cheese counter, so i bought pre-packaged gouda.... grrrrr, big mistake ! There is quite a difference ! Okay, the lasagne was still good, but not AS GOOD as usual. Another lesson learned.
Lasagne-served.jpg

Lasagne-n-plate.jpg
Usually i prefer having it with classical Italian bread (instead of the pita bread) and lettuce (Lollo Bionda)
Old 08-30-2007, 10:40 AM   #233
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Asian sailsbury steak (instead of a beef gravy, it has a hoisin/dry sherry sauce reduced to a glaze), kale cooked to submission ( accidentally overcooked it!) and carrots

ma po tofu from this recipe. Made it vegetarian style substituting small cubes of pressed firm tofu for the ground pork. Very spicy (add the siuchan pepper, wow ! that stuff will do it, numbs your mouth a bit) , good if you have some congestion, clears out all the sinuses.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 12:29 PM   #234
Lucky Jackson
I wanna be your snack

Lucky Jackson can now change their title

veggie burgers a la Lucky Jackson
Attached Images
File Type: jpg dinner .jpg (53.0 KB, 379 views)
"Never. I can't live the button-down life like you. I want it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, I might offend a few of the bluenoses with my cocky stride and musky odors -- oh, I'll never be the darling of the so-called "City Fathers" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Homer Simpson?" - Homer J Simpson
Lucky Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2007, 07:22 PM   #235
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friday View Post
Fuzzy, what the heck is friday sauce? (Like I could not ask. )
Its a not-so-spicy enchilada sauce that traditionally was used for meatless mexican dishes since "Catholics can't eat meat on Friday." According to the book I got the recipe from, the sauce was so good they used it for the other days of the week too.

Friday Sauce (from the Tex-Mex Cookbook by Robb Walsh)

1 15oz can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt

Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the flour into 1/2 cup warm water until smooth. Add the flour and water slurry to the tomato sauce, stirring to blend evenly. Add the garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. Salt to taste.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 08-30-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 02:16 AM   #236
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Oh these all look sooooo goooood.
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 03:53 AM   #237
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Its a not-so-spicy enchilada sauce that traditionally was used for meatless mexican dishes since "Catholics can't eat meat on Friday." According to the book I got the recipe from, the sauce was so good they used it for the other days of the week too.

Friday Sauce (from the Tex-Mex Cookbook by Robb Walsh)

1 15oz can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt

Heat the tomato sauce in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir the flour into 1/2 cup warm water until smooth. Add the flour and water slurry to the tomato sauce, stirring to blend evenly. Add the garlic powder, chili powder and cumin. Salt to taste.
Sounds quite tasty. Too bad anything tomato is strictly off my list these days. All I could do with 'maters this summer was smell them, lust after them and put them back.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:27 PM   #238
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Grilled Bratz...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg brats.jpg (43.7 KB, 336 views)
Old 09-01-2007, 03:56 PM   #239
mybluice

mybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot picsmybluice does more than just post hot pics

Caribbean Jerk salad...as posted in What's on the dinner table tonight
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Caribbean Salad.jpg (65.3 KB, 309 views)
mybluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2007, 04:40 PM   #240
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

I didn't wake up until after noon today! FFS I must have been kidnapped by aliens. Since I woke up so late I didn't want anything to eat until about 4 pm.

So this could be dinner.. but I don't know yet, at any rate it was good.

Those little tomatoes were soooooooooo good. Someone from work brought them in to share and I am so glad I snagged a baggy full of them.
Old 09-01-2007, 04:57 PM   #241
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

AnnMarie's Kielbasa soup...it's really good!

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 09-02-2007 at 09:21 PM.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 12:51 PM   #242
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Tofu Jerky

I inherited a food dehydrator from my mother in law and decided to try my hand at making tofu jerky. My husband and i can consume $20 worth of meatless jerky from the natural food store in an afternoon so i wanted to find a cheaper alternative. I soaked two tubs of sliced tofu in a concoction of rice vinegar, garlic, chives, teryaki sauce, soy sauce and minced onions. I let it soak for like 3 days and then dehydrated. Boy was that yummy! it turned out really well and the tofu jerky was gone with in 24 hours. All at the cost of about $5 instead of 20

Old 09-02-2007, 01:08 PM   #243
panhype
Apréslist

Megan, can you send over a few of those I wonna try (have no idea about the taste to expect), definitely looks good
Old 09-02-2007, 06:01 PM   #244
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Megan, can you send over a few of those I wonna try (have no idea about the taste to expect), definitely looks good

What he said! Ive only tasted tofu once, it was like burnt plastic. So Im intrigued by this!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:08 PM   #245
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

You know, I rarely post in here (though, believe me, I look at the pix! ), 'cause my everyday meals are so unexciting, and I don't feel like taking the pix. Today, though, I took a little time in preparing a few things, and Bio got the smoker going, so I had something worthwhile to show you guys.

Let's see, smoked a few racks of babyback ribs coated with Stubbs BBQ sauce. A very good sauce, but homemade starting with a base of commercial sauce, is even better, like the one we've made with Jack Daniels whiskey in the past. Man, was that some excellent sauce! We also smoked a couple chickens; I'm planning on deboning them and tossing the meat with some lettuce, topped with a strawberry vinaigrette that was highly touted and that I'm dying to try.

I made some Greek pasta salad, just rotelli tossed with chopped black olives, artichoke hearts, diced cucumbers and tomatoes, feta cheese and red onion, in a red wine and lemon juice vinagrette. Since the tomatoes are so wonderfully ripe at this time of year, I made a tomato, mozzarella and red onion salad topped with a yogurt, chopped green onion, and garlic sauce, then sprinkled with fresh basil. Had some warm pita and homemade hummus to go along.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize 7.jpg (60.4 KB, 395 views)

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 08:02 PM   #246
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Geez, I'm coming to your house Ris.
Old 09-02-2007, 08:37 PM   #247
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Wait until the heat's died here; we almost didn't need the smoker today, it's that hot!

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:25 PM   #248
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
It was so good that between my husband and I, we ate it all within a day I'm making more this week probably
Old 09-03-2007, 12:33 PM   #249
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
What he said! Ive only tasted tofu once, it was like burnt plastic. So Im intrigued by this!
If tofu isnt prepared well, it's pretty plain. I have eaten tofu my entire life and just adore it. I get this extra firm tofu from Trader Joe's (i don't know if you have those over there) and the texture is almost like cheese. I chop that up and put it on salad.

It was good jerky though. It is just as good as something you can get at a natural food store
Old 09-03-2007, 01:47 PM   #250
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ok, Risible, that is a meal I can get behind...then, jump!
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures