Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-03-2007, 01:48 PM   #251
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

lunch today; turkey, swiss and avacado. Oh and a little mayo snuck in there too.

IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 04:28 PM   #252
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ooooo...yummy, Cynth. I also love those guacamole pringles.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:24 PM   #253
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I made stuffed mushrooms and green beans

mmmm

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 05-20-2012 at 05:46 PM.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 05:54 PM   #254
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
(...)
Let's see, (...)
Totally my kinda food. I would even jump over the fence and come, uninvited, for trying it

BTW i don't think you have to post super-duper extraordinary stuff in this thread.
Old 09-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #255
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisticalMisty View Post

mmmm
I've made your stuffed mushrooms before, Misty. They are as tasty as they look - and super easy to make! They were even delicious the next day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Totally my kinda food. I would even jump over the fence and come, uninvited, for trying it

BTW i don't think you have to post super-duper extraordinary stuff in this thread.
Thanks, Pan! I would love it, if you're ever in the So Cal area, to do a big bbq; I bet you're as handy with a smoker and a grill as you are with all the other cooking you do, am I right?

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #256
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That Darn Good Chocolate Cake (from the Cake Doctor)
Old 09-03-2007, 09:29 PM   #257
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:

mmmm
Wow...so they are stuffed iwth onions, cheese, and ground beef?
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 09:30 PM   #258
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
lunch today; turkey, swiss and avacado. Oh and a little mayo snuck in there too.

Yummy! But i would have added...even MORE SWISS!
Old 09-03-2007, 10:10 PM   #259
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

umm... Darn Good Chocolate Cake!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cake.jpg (26.4 KB, 340 views)
Old 09-04-2007, 07:32 AM   #260
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Fuzzy, please don't tell me that cake is as warm, gooey and is a Darn-Good tastin' as it looks?

Nothing, nothing brightens my mood as much as a fresh-baked, warm-from-the-oven chocolate cake with thick fudge frosting (except, maybe, winning the lottery? I wouldn't know, really).

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 03:07 PM   #261
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Cream View Post
Wow...so they are stuffed iwth onions, cheese, and ground beef?
1 lb hot pork sausage
1 8oz packet cream cheese
8 oz fancy shredded cheese
1 small onion diced
some garlic powder to taste.

Brown and drain the sausage..mix all that stuff together..throw it in the caps and cook them about 30 mins on 350

That's it..

Thanks Risible..I actually had them today again for lunch and everyone was envious I'm glad someone else enjoys them as well!
Old 09-04-2007, 04:46 PM   #262
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

mmmm
I am going to have to try these, they look so good Misty. OH and ty for posting the recipe.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 05:37 PM   #263
Heavy_Cream

Quote:
1 lb hot pork sausage
1 8oz packet cream cheese
8 oz fancy shredded cheese
1 small onion diced
some garlic powder to taste.

Brown and drain the sausage..mix all that stuff together..throw it in the caps and cook them about 30 mins on 350

That's it..

Thanks Risible..I actually had them today again for lunch and everyone was envious I'm glad someone else enjoys them as well!
-----Thank you dear!
Old 09-04-2007, 05:40 PM   #264
Heavy_Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
I inherited a food dehydrator from my mother in law and decided to try my hand at making tofu jerky. My husband and i can consume $20 worth of meatless jerky from the natural food store in an afternoon so i wanted to find a cheaper alternative. I soaked two tubs of sliced tofu in a concoction of rice vinegar, garlic, chives, teryaki sauce, soy sauce and minced onions. I let it soak for like 3 days and then dehydrated. Boy was that yummy! it turned out really well and the tofu jerky was gone with in 24 hours. All at the cost of about $5 instead of 20

That looks very interesting...is the food dehydrator a Ronco product? Good for you for discovering a cheaper way to go!
Old 09-04-2007, 07:58 PM   #265
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
I am going to have to try these, they look so good Misty. OH and ty for posting the recipe.
You're welcome. I actually tied with fuzzy with these mushrooms during the Iron Foodee cream cheese challenge
Old 09-04-2007, 07:59 PM   #266
MisticalMisty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Cream View Post
-----Thank you dear!
you are welcome
Old 09-04-2007, 08:15 PM   #267
SocialbFly
I am keeping Tina!

SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.SocialbFly has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default oh crap

I have discovered something, dont look at this bloody thread while in Australia, i want some sspare ribs (cant find em in the store) i want brats (they have awful sausages over here, sorry Ozzies, but you do) and i want a big fat hunk of moo, y'all have made me so fricking hungry and all i have here to eat is more yucky cottage cheese....

hurry up and deliver the food (i ordered my groceries on line, no car, no groceries, lol)

thanks all for making me slobber, lol

Medical advisor to the Mayor of Fatopia :)
SocialbFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 10:27 PM   #268
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

I made one of the best pies I've ever tasted this weekend. It was a rhubarb-raspberry custard pie. I took the best things out of three recipes, made some of my own changes and viola, here's what I had for dinner tonight ...

(I know it may look yucky in the photo, but boy, it was wonderful)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pie.jpg (73.7 KB, 382 views)
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:23 AM   #269
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Look yucky? look yucky? Have you lost your mind? It looks totally delish!!!
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 03:25 AM   #270
Friday
Not fap material. Bye!

Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!Friday keeps pushing the rep limit!

What she said. It looks freakin' fabulous to me. I can damn near smell it.
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 06:21 AM   #271
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
(...) I bet you're as handy with a smoker and a grill as you are with all the other cooking you do, am I right?
Nooo! lol (just telling the truth). Hell, and i'm only aware of that because (1) i saw Jamaicans preparing Jerk Chicken on a street fair in my area (and it was DELICIOUS). And (2) i happened to see an interview with a sales representative saying that Germany is THE worst market for grills and smokers because Germans are not prepared to spend more than $20 on a grill cause they fail to realize the benefits of more sophisticated devices... this guy was spot on lol
Old 09-05-2007, 07:03 AM   #272
Upstate New York Foodee
Sick of poli-tricks

Upstate New York Foodee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesUpstate New York Foodee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

The tofu jerky looks to die for. I'm salivating over it uncontrollably from my side of the screen. The mushrooms Misty made are a close second.
Upstate New York Foodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 04:35 AM   #273
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I had defrosted chicken breasts and had some pepper and courgette and chopped onion that needed to be used up, and I ended up with this. Its a vodka sauce, with tomatoes and double (heavy) cream and I must admit it's one of those dinners I cooked then REALLY enjoyed, just tasted so good. I'll be forever grateful to SamanthaNY for telling me about vodka sauce! ps. There is a chicken breast lurking under there! pps the rather ying/yang effect I just noticed, was not on purpose!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chickenforum.JPG (46.0 KB, 340 views)
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #274
Michelle
Member Schmember

Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!Michelle keeps pushing the rep limit!

Looks wonderful. So tell US about vodka sauce, please.
Michelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 08:17 AM   #275
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Looks wonderful. So tell US about vodka sauce, please.

Thanks Michelle! I kind of assumed vodka sauce must be something that all Americans know about, as the others in chat that night seemed to know it! She told me it was a tomato pasta sauce with cream and vodka in it, so I googled and looked at lots of recipes, all slightly different and just adjusted it to suit myself. The following recipe is closest to what I made, but I did double (heavy) cream, i used a can of chopped tomatoes in juice and I didnt use any parmesan. And, I made it after the chicken, peppers, onion, courgette and crushed garlic had already been cooking for some mins, then the sauce was ready after a couple of mins.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...dk_10819.shtml
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures