Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-07-2007, 08:37 AM   #276
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ruby, it looks a lot like chicken masala which, when I wikipedia'd it, turns out to be an Indian dish with UK origins! I love chicken tikka masala. Your vodka sauce looks so yummy, I'm gonna try it myself!

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:33 PM   #277
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
Ruby, it looks a lot like chicken masala which, when I wikipedia'd it, turns out to be an Indian dish with UK origins! I love chicken tikka masala. Your vodka sauce looks so yummy, I'm gonna try it myself!
Oddly enough, it does have some similar ingredients to chicken tikka masala, yet its a completely different flavour, Italian rather than Indian. I suppose the different spices make the big difference and that indian food like that is usually based on a curry sauce which is made with slow cooked/caramelised onions, garlic, spices made into a paste. Whereas the vodka sauce one is faster. Glad you're going to try it, hope you enjoy it!

ps. Chicken tikka masala is the UK's most popular takeaway, has been for several years, beating even fish and chips!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 03:42 AM   #278
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
ps. Chicken tikka masala is the UK's most popular takeaway, has been for several years, beating even fish and chips!
I just had some tonight! With basmatic and naan and lots o raita on the side. Total comfort fud...yum.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 01:08 PM   #279
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
I had defrosted chicken breasts and had some pepper and courgette and chopped onion that needed to be used up, and I ended up with this. Its a vodka sauce, with tomatoes and double (heavy) cream and I must admit it's one of those dinners I cooked then REALLY enjoyed, just tasted so good. I'll be forever grateful to SamanthaNY for telling me about vodka sauce! ps. There is a chicken breast lurking under there! pps the rather ying/yang effect I just noticed, was not on purpose!
This looks delish! Rather than bothering with the recipe.. I just want you to cook it for me
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2007, 05:11 PM   #280
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Tonights dinner... fried chicken, cheese taters, veggies in cheese sauce.

for all you skin lovers... this was the BEST hunk o skinn I have had in a while.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:16 PM   #281
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

oh man alive, crispy chicken skin *swooooon!* I'd swap you chicken in vodka sauce for that ANY day!
Old 09-08-2007, 05:55 PM   #282
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

For dessert I made a new brownie recipe, its called ultimate brownies. These are so rich I almost can't eat them... mmmm heaven.

Old 09-08-2007, 08:05 PM   #283
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
For dessert I made a new brownie recipe, its called ultimate brownies. These are so rich I almost can't eat them... mmmm heaven.

WOW...super-rich, huh? I always LOVE your food photos! Thank you for posting them! I love your humor, too! You're so funny!
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 01:21 PM   #284
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Pictures from a friend's wedding recently. The chicken was stuffed with a stuffing/rice mix. Off to the side are veggies and a breaded roasted tomato slice. [Apologies for any blurriness. I was trying not to use a flash and draw attention to the fat girl taking pictures of food. LOL]

Old 09-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #285
Risible
Monkey Daze

Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!Risible keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Looks excellent, Cynth. I usually make brownies from mix, but on the occasions that I make from scratch, the recipe I use is very similar, but yours has an extra egg and an extra cup of sugar.

I'm gonna try the Ultimate Brownie. Woohoo!

Risible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #286
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Last night and tonight .. and probably tomorrow night... this is dinner

it's the turkey enchilada's I made "re-shelled", since the corn shells cooked away to mush. They are really very tasty even if they don't look like it.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:24 PM   #287
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risible View Post
Looks excellent, Cynth. I usually make brownies from mix, but on the occasions that I make from scratch, the recipe I use is very similar, but yours has an extra egg and an extra cup of sugar.

I'm gonna try the Ultimate Brownie. Woohoo!
I took them to work (since the recipe makes a big cake pan full) and everyone really liked them.

Next time I make them I will try to make "half" the recipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Cream View Post
WOW...super-rich, huh? I always LOVE your food photos! Thank you for posting them! I love your humor, too! You're so funny!

aww thanks Yes they are super rich and yummy.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:44 PM   #288
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Tonights dinner... fried chicken, cheese taters, veggies in cheese sauce.

for all you skin lovers... this was the BEST hunk o skinn I have had in a while.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, Cynth. I'm gonna faint from excitement. That looks like just the comfort food I need. I must learn to cook like that!
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 07:24 AM   #289
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Dinner last night was Indian takeaway. I had lamb korma with rice, vegetable (potato, onion and spinach) pakora with sauce, chicken chaat, poppadoms and spiced onions. I'm having the leftovers for lunch just now Dessert the night before was two mini chocolate sponge cakes that a friend kindly brought me, with a gooey centre. I microwaved them, and had them with Cornish vanilla ice cream, AND double (heavy) cream. They were good!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg indiandinner2.JPG (52.7 KB, 379 views)
File Type: jpg indiandinner3.JPG (34.2 KB, 377 views)
File Type: jpg indiandinner4.JPG (42.2 KB, 377 views)
Old 09-12-2007, 05:09 PM   #290
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Dinner last night was Indian takeaway. I had lamb korma with rice, vegetable (potato, onion and spinach) pakora with sauce, chicken chaat, poppadoms and spiced onions. I'm having the leftovers for lunch just now Dessert the night before was two mini chocolate sponge cakes that a friend kindly brought me, with a gooey centre. I microwaved them, and had them with Cornish vanilla ice cream, AND double (heavy) cream. They were good!
I want that dessert!!!!! (and I'd nibble on those wings.)
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:56 PM   #291
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Feed me?
Old 09-15-2007, 11:14 AM   #292
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

It was a hell of a long week at work, so I decided to get some lunch treats for my assistant and myself. I didn't get a picture of her Death By Chocolate, but here's my Apple Crumb Cheesecake:

Old 09-15-2007, 02:32 PM   #293
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
It was a hell of a long week at work, so I decided to get some lunch treats for my assistant and myself. I didn't get a picture of her Death By Chocolate, but here's my Apple Crumb Cheesecake:

Whoa yeah. That looks good!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:00 PM   #294
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
I am intrigued by the pink sauce... what does it taste like?

I would kill for that dessert.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:23 PM   #295
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
I am intrigued by the pink sauce... what does it taste like?

I would kill for that dessert.

hmm it's just pakora sauce. It's yogurty, spicy (chili), tangy, slightly tomatoey. Nice. Sometimes the pakora sauce has no yogurt and is hotter, more tomatoey. Sometimes its not spicy at all, the way I prefer to cool the pakoras, more like raita, yogurty cucumbery.

Interesting cheesecake there, but I think I'd rather have ordinary cheesecake, and apple crumble, two desserts
Old 09-15-2007, 04:40 PM   #296
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

the lovely macaroni and cheese i just made. i'm eating a bowl now, and am baking the rest.

the cheese sauce

the bowl that is now almost gone...

close up of loooooove.

i love cheese.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:44 PM   #297
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Tonight I made a chicken fried steak without the gravy.

and had a salad of butter lettuce, tomatoes, parmesan, croutons and cesar dressing.

Last edited by IdahoCynth; 09-15-2007 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:50 PM   #298
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
hmm it's just pakora sauce. It's yogurty, spicy (chili), tangy, slightly tomatoey. Nice. Sometimes the pakora sauce has no yogurt and is hotter, more tomatoey. Sometimes its not spicy at all, the way I prefer to cool the pakoras, more like raita, yogurty cucumbery.
I had never heard of pakora sauce. I googled it and found some recipes but they are all different. One of them was ketchup, water, sugar, mint sauce and lemon juice... I had to ponder what that would taste like. But it didn't sound like it would be pink like your pakora sauce was
Old 09-15-2007, 04:53 PM   #299
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
the lovely macaroni and cheese i just made. i'm eating a bowl now, and am baking the rest.
i love cheese.
Lovely indeed! Cut me and I bleed cheese.
Old 09-16-2007, 10:44 AM   #300
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Homemade Pizza

For my son, pepperoni:

IMG_5570.jpg

For me, Pesto and Grape Tomato (it was SUPPOSED to have artichoke hearts, too, but although I swear I had some, i couldn't find them to save my life.)

IMG_5571.jpg

The cheese was a cheddar/mozzerella blend, which is why it looks so yellow.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures