Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-10-2014, 08:07 AM   #3926
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
Cheese grits for breakfast/lunch made with white & yellow grits and white & yellow cheese. Plus half and half & butter.

Attachment 113330
Yellow grits? I've never heard of such a thing. What's the difference between them and the white variety (besides the obvious )?
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:53 PM   #3927
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
Yellow grits? I've never heard of such a thing. What's the difference between them and the white variety (besides the obvious )?
Yellow instead of white corn and a little finer and creamier, but NOT polenta. I always use yellow if I'm doing a dish like shrimp and grits.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 05:56 PM   #3928
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

It was a drinking on the porch evening. Fresh made bloody mary(s), and a quick supper roasted in the oven. I love roasted okra!

Attachment 113382

Attachment 113383

Attachment 113384
Old 03-11-2014, 05:24 PM   #3929
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Went to a cupcake shop that people keep telling me about. Name of the place is O Taste and See. Awesome. Bought a six pack for $7.

Attachment 113396

Attachment 113397
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #3930
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Southern diner... roasted pork loin, fried squash, and taters.

Attachment 113432
Old 03-13-2014, 04:32 PM   #3931
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am definitely a Yankee...lol
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 04:39 PM   #3932
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I am definitely a Yankee...lol
But it's sooooo good
Old 03-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #3933
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
But it's sooooo good
That biscuit looks awesome lol
Old 03-13-2014, 05:41 PM   #3934
BigCutieMargot
a great big fat person.

BigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticedBigCutieMargot never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Went to a cupcake shop that people keep telling me about. Name of the place is O Taste and See. Awesome. Bought a six pack for $7.

Attachment 113396

Attachment 113397
were they as amazing as they look?! i spy a red velvet... yum!
BigCutieMargot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #3935
FatAndProud

Quote:
It was a drinking on the porch evening. Fresh made bloody mary(s), and a quick supper roasted in the oven. I love roasted okra!

Attachment 113382

Attachment 113383

Attachment 113384
I love, love, love okra....but I learned that if you cut/fry okra in a pan (without batter and whatever) it gets super slimey and very unpalatable (to me, anyways). Is roasted okra like battered/deep fried okra, as far as texture - no slime? lol
Old 03-13-2014, 08:16 PM   #3936
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieMargot View Post
were they as amazing as they look?! i spy a red velvet... yum!
They were incredible. Besides the red velvet and carrot cake, we had banana pudding, butterscotch, and lemonade.
Old 03-13-2014, 08:22 PM   #3937
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
I love, love, love okra....but I learned that if you cut/fry okra in a pan (without batter and whatever) it gets super slimey and very unpalatable (to me, anyways). Is roasted okra like battered/deep fried okra, as far as texture - no slime? lol
Roasted is the best way ever to cook it. Rub with just a little olive oil and salt. It's crispy.

Also, try nuking whole freshly washed okra in a ziplock bag slightly open for 30 - 60 seconds. Just long enough for it to steam to bright green. Okra is slimey because it gets overcooked.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:12 AM   #3938
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's snowy and nasty here today, so the poodle and I decided on some Progresso canned soup and a grilled cheese sammich for our lunch today. The soup has a little shaved Parmesan on top.

(Edited to add: Photobucket or the forum software rotated my photo, but maybe y'all can still get the idea.)

Last edited by smithnwesson; 03-17-2014 at 10:22 AM.
smithnwesson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 03:29 PM   #3939
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
It's snowy and nasty here today, so the poodle and I decided on some Progresso canned soup and a grilled cheese sammich for our lunch today. The soup has a little shaved Parmesan on top.
Glad you kept the weather up there and we only got a bit of sleet down here. I am damned tired of this winter!

I made every way chicken salad. I typically make chicken salad a number of different ways, but decided to combine them all. BEST CHICKEN SALAD EVER!

Cubed roasted chicken breast, gala apple, green grapes, dried cranberries, walnuts, celery, a tablespoon of real mayo, juice of half a lemon, salt and pepper.

Attachment 113522
Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 AM   #3940
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

One benefit of having ESL students in the program I run is the unique goodies they bring to share. This is basbousa. Sweet and dense but not as sweet as it looks. Interesting texture, too, with the polenta.

Old 03-21-2014, 11:55 AM   #3941
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

^ wow! yum!
Old 03-21-2014, 12:32 PM   #3942
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This looks DELICIOUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
One benefit of having ESL students in the program I run is the unique goodies they bring to share. This is basbousa. Sweet and dense but not as sweet as it looks. Interesting texture, too, with the polenta.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 01:36 PM   #3943
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

Finally got to go to the one Bahn Mi place in Syracuse. How can one sandwich contain so much delicious?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20140321_16_24_10_Pro#1.jpg (127.8 KB, 211 views)
Old 03-22-2014, 10:37 AM   #3944
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
Finally got to go to the one Bahn Mi place in Syracuse. How can one sandwich contain so much delicious?
Wow, two new foods to put on my find it and try it list
Old 03-22-2014, 10:49 AM   #3945
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

More southern café food.

Attachment 113649

Attachment 113650

And I'm often posting pics of cocktails and talking about drinking on the porch, so thought I'd throw in a photo of the view from the porch during the cocktail hour yesterday.

Attachment 113652
Old 03-23-2014, 06:58 AM   #3946
Gingembre
radar detector

Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!Gingembre keeps pushing the rep limit!

What a great view! To me it looks like a film set. I love the colours of the houses.

This was my thrown together brunch this morning. It's none too pretty but it was delicious. In case you can't work it out, I toasted a bagel and put bacon on it. Topped that with a mixture of fried onion, pepper, mushrooms, fennel seed and chilli flakes, bound together with some tomato puree, and dolloped some sour cream on top. Washed down with a black coffee and some water.

All I need now is a shower and my hangover will be gone! :-D
Sticks and stones may break your bones but words can break your heart - Tim Minchin

Last edited by Gingembre; 07-01-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Gingembre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 08:58 AM   #3947
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Onion, pepper, and mushrooms is the cure for everything

"Experimental" coffee cake this morning. Instead of adding walnuts as usual, I added a layer of homemade granola. Not terrible, but not as good as with the walnuts.

Attachment 113658
Old 03-23-2014, 11:27 AM   #3948
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

For my fellow Aldi shoppers, this is 4 Cheese Risotto from a box. Really pretty good, no weird ingredients, and you still cook it forever. I added fresh mushrooms in butter to it.

Attachment 113659
Old 03-27-2014, 08:24 PM   #3949
missyj1978

missyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging inmissyj1978 makes people happy simply by logging in

And this is how you make greens
GEDC1231 (640x474) (480x356).jpg
missyj1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #3950
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyj1978 View Post
And this is how you make greens
Attachment 113763
ReP has been given

Tags
food, pictures