Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 03-27-2014, 08:34 PM   #3951
HeavyDuty24
Come on rise up

HeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityHeavyDuty24 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by missyj1978 View Post
And this is how you make greens
Attachment 113763

Looks good missy! into my belly it would go.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #3952
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Attachment 113789

Cross posting because I love food pics.

Wild Alaskan salmon marinated to deliciousness and oriental coleslaw. Mmmmm
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 06:15 AM   #3953
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
For my fellow Aldi shoppers, this is 4 Cheese Risotto from a box. Really pretty good, no weird ingredients, and you still cook it forever. I added fresh mushrooms in butter to it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud View Post
Those both look great!
Old 03-29-2014, 08:35 AM   #3954
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Attachment 113789

Is that a slaw with ramen? I have the Live Below The Line challenge coming up, and ramen and cabbage end up being a staple during that week. I'll have to try this.
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 09:26 AM   #3955
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love this dish because the combination of salmon with coleslaw makes it a sweet & sour dish. I love it I'm posting these recipes here in hopes Fuzzy sees it lol He asked for the recipes. All measurements are a guess. I'm an Old World Chef. I like to use my hand and eyes to measure lol So, if it looks like there's too much for you...stop...if there's not enough of something for you...add more

Baked Salmon (per 2 - 6oz filets WITH SKIN! MMM)

Marinade:
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Lemon
6 tbsp EVOO
1 tsp basil
1 tsp salt (or less because the lemon makes it "salty" to me - this is for those sodium-watchers)
1 tsp pepper, ground - do it yourself, tastes better
1 tbsp parsley, chopped
2 6oz salmon filets

Method:

1. Prepare marinade by mixing garlic, EVOO, basil, salt, pepper, lemon juice and parsley. Place salmon fillets in a medium glass baking dish, and cover with the marinade. Put aluminum foil over the baking dish. Marinate in the refrigerator about 1 hour, turning occasionally.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
3. Place filets in aluminum foil, cover with marinade, and seal. Place sealed salmon in another baking dish, and bake 35 to 45 minutes (I prefer 35 mins), until easily flaked with a fork.

Oriental Coleslaw

Dressing:
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
3 tablespoons white wine vinegar
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 package chicken flavored
ramen noodles, crushed, seasoning
packet reserved (you can omit the seasoning packet entirely - I generally do)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper, ground

Coleslaw:
2 tbsp sesame seeds
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/2 medium head Napa cabbage, shredded
5 green onions, chopped
1 medium red pepper, diced
1/4 cup carrots, shredded

Method:

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, ramen noodle chicken spice mix (or omit), salt and pepper to create a dressing.
3. Place sesame seeds and almonds in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until lightly brown.
4. In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, green onions and crushed ramen noodles. Pour dressing over the cabbage, and toss to coat evenly. Top with toasted sesame seeds and almonds.

The coleslaw is best eaten cold!!

Last edited by FatAndProud; 03-29-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 03-29-2014, 09:30 AM   #3956
FatAndProud

Quote:
Is that a slaw with ramen? I have the Live Below The Line challenge coming up, and ramen and cabbage end up being a staple during that week. I'll have to try this.
That's awesome that you're doing the challenge. Kudos to you
Old 03-29-2014, 09:33 AM   #3957
Missamanda
Feels like thunder

Missamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this boardMissamanda carries a lot of weight on this board

Can't rep for the Salmon recipe but thank you for posting. The picture looks really good. I must try this.

The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination.
Missamanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #3958
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

How do you measure EVOO in your hand?

Rep has been given! I know how to cook alot of stuff.. except fish.. i'm not very good at fish.
Old 03-30-2014, 07:50 AM   #3959
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
How do you measure EVOO in your hand?
Lol Well, I measure with my hand AND eyes. When making a marinade, the rule is equal parts oil to equal parts acidity (lemon in this case)
Old 03-30-2014, 11:44 AM   #3960
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Lol Well, I measure with my hand AND eyes. When making a marinade, the rule is equal parts oil to equal parts acidity (lemon in this case)

This. I did not know this rule. And I cannot rep it.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:41 PM   #3961
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I cleaned my oven and refrigerator today. Note the serious lack of food.

Attachment 113838

Left with odds and ends (and too lazy to go out), I experimented, and the results are yummy.

Apples, cream cheese, dates, and walnuts drizzled with honey. Baked in the oven during the last five minutes or so that the biscuits were cooking. The melty cream cheese is so good.

Attachment 113839
Old 04-15-2014, 10:05 PM   #3962
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

Lo carb Cottage pie

I do love me some cottage/shepherds pie! (This is the 3rd time I've posted the dish here) I wanted to try and make it with ingredients that were lower in cals/carbs. I substituted mashed cauliflower for mashed potato and ground turkey for the lamb or beef. Some onions and garlic sauteed in a little olive oil and then regular peas and carrots...a little worcestershire sauce, a dab of tomato paste, a few minutes in the oven to bubble it over and boom goes the dynamite!

Last edited by vardon_grip; 04-15-2014 at 10:13 PM.
vardon_grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 05:13 AM   #3963
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
Lo carb Cottage pie

I do love me some cottage/shepherds pie! (This is the 3rd time I've posted the dish here) I wanted to try and make it with ingredients that were lower in cals/carbs. I substituted mashed cauliflower for mashed potato and ground turkey for the lamb or beef. Some onions and garlic sauteed in a little olive oil and then regular peas and carrots...a little worcestershire sauce, a dab of tomato paste, a few minutes in the oven to bubble it over and boom goes the dynamite!
If you aren't married, you should be. That looks amazing. And it's FINALLY right up my alley (I can make it without traveling lands far and wide, searching for rare, untold ingredients).
Old 04-20-2014, 09:40 AM   #3964
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

I confess, I've eaten out every day this week (Mon - Sat). I have photos because I always check in on foursquare and try to promote local joints.

Monday - Meatloaf, taters, and fried squash
Tuesday - Turkey and dressing, fried okra
Wednesday - Cheeseburger and homemade chips
Thursday - Best thing on the table was the onion rings. I had the steak with onions and gravy.
Friday - Chili slaw dogs
Saturday - Best burger in town at the local BBQ place with a side of hushpuppies. I don't get the hushpuppies/BBQ connection, but they make good ones.

Attachment 114179
Old 04-20-2014, 01:25 PM   #3965
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Making my grandmother's potato salad. Yes, it includes cubes of cheese. I've never known why, but I suspect it's because she raised a bunch of boys and added in cheap protein to dishes any way she could. She never started with less than 10 pounds of potatoes

Attachment 114185
Old 04-20-2014, 08:04 PM   #3966
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
I confess, I've eaten out every day this week (Mon - Sat). I have photos because I always check in on foursquare and try to promote local joints.

Monday - Meatloaf, taters, and fried squash
Tuesday - Turkey and dressing, fried okra
Wednesday - Cheeseburger and homemade chips
Thursday - Best thing on the table was the onion rings. I had the steak with onions and gravy.
Friday - Chili slaw dogs
Saturday - Best burger in town at the local BBQ place with a side of hushpuppies. I don't get the hushpuppies/BBQ connection, but they make good ones.
Buh.. wha.. huh?
Old 04-21-2014, 10:37 AM   #3967
fat9276

fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.fat9276 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Found my donut place today. They are not cheap but worth every penny.
Flavors I bought... vanilla glaze, crème brulee (yes! real crunchy brulee on the outside and custard cream inside), passion fruit-blackberry and maple-bacon.
fat9276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:07 PM   #3968
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat9276 View Post
Flavors I bought... vanilla glaze, crème brulee (yes! real crunchy brulee on the outside and custard cream inside), passion fruit-blackberry and maple-bacon.
OMG foodgasm! My town does not have a single doughnut place. I am so jealous.
Old 04-21-2014, 07:52 PM   #3969
CastingPearls
Go Big Or Go Home

CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.CastingPearls has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Oh GAWD!!!!!!!!

Free me, free yourself
A life of sacrifice controlled me
But those promises I made
No longer hold me
Mercurial more wayward by the hour
The shackles fall away I'm in your power

People throw rocks at things that shine.
CastingPearls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 12:49 PM   #3970
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Holy shit! I had to go take 10 Units of Insulin just from looking at that.
Old 04-25-2014, 07:58 PM   #3971
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Making my grandmother's potato salad. Yes, it includes cubes of cheese. I've never known why, but I suspect it's because she raised a bunch of boys and added in cheap protein to dishes any way she could. She never started with less than 10 pounds of potatoes

Attachment 114185
By any chance would you be willing to share the recipe? I am in need of a good potato salad recipe...and with cubes of cheese, you can't go wrong!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 03:44 PM   #3972
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

We had some marinara sauce with shrimp, and some fresh basil with plenty of cheese. A nice Chianti and a Greek salad set it off.

Edited to add: The forum software must have rotated my photo. Sorry about that.
Old 04-27-2014, 03:52 PM   #3973
FatAndProud

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
We had some marinara sauce with shrimp, and some fresh basil with plenty of cheese. A nice Chianti and a Greek salad set it off.

Edited to add: The forum software must have rotated my photo. Sorry about that.
I need to find a man that cooks. Hello, Dr. Lecter
Old 04-27-2014, 04:49 PM   #3974
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

Ha! You caught my 'nice Chianti' allusion. Excellent!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iVlkZVAw8Gc
Old 04-27-2014, 05:14 PM   #3975
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

That has got me in the mood for a shrimp etouffee... I needs me some shrimp

Last edited by Fuzzy; 04-27-2014 at 05:17 PM. Reason: always forget that has two ffs...
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures