Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-04-2014, 04:42 PM   #4001
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I got a hankerin' for some lox and bagels tonight with plenty of cream cheese and capers.

Old 08-04-2014, 04:45 PM   #4002
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
I got a hankerin' for some lox and bagels tonight with plenty of cream cheese and capers.

Want! Damn, I'm so easily influenced.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:51 PM   #4003
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
This is truly one of life great pleasures. Even better it you can find an egg bagel to go with it, but you can have my capers.
Old 08-05-2014, 03:27 PM   #4004
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'll take a double order with everything bagels. You will deliver to Danville, right?

Quote:

ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2014, 05:12 PM   #4005
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Late lunch today. Fish and squash were divine. The potato salad sucked They went to all the trouble to make it with lovely little potatoes, but then just drowned it in mayo and sweet pickle relish.

Attachment 115937
Old 08-09-2014, 05:35 PM   #4006
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Oh that batter looks good Connie! But yes the first thing I noticed in that pic was that the potato salad is just clagged in mayonnaise. I can't stand that, Id much rather have too little on it, than too much. Keep posting your lovely food pics!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 11:28 AM   #4007
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Yep, tomato sammies for lunch again. Actually almost every day So glad I've found a source for good tomatoes!

And check out the lovely small pears from Aldi. Later today they are starring in some awesome chicken salad

Attachment 115957
Old 08-11-2014, 02:44 PM   #4008
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

those sandwiches look so good, Hellmann's is compulsory on them! And some black pepper! I can't eat them though as I end up with the roof of my mouth red raw from the acidity of the tomatoes.

I had egg mayonnaise (egg salad) on toast today with some sliced cherry tomatoes, just enough to not hurt! yum.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:19 PM   #4009
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ruby - Have you tried yellow tomatoes? Apparently they contain less acid. A girl that I used to date had your problem with the regular ones but could eat the yellow ones without a problem.
Old 08-11-2014, 07:48 PM   #4010
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Ruby - Have you tried yellow tomatoes? Apparently they contain less acid. A girl that I used to date had your problem with the regular ones but could eat the yellow ones without a problem.

My mom has a problem with the acid, too. She has also found that orangy colored ones don't bother her either.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2014, 08:18 PM   #4011
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Chicken salad made with grapes, celery, pear, pecans. Dressing is a tbsp of mayo, tbsp chipotle mustard, and juice of a lime. All on top of a pile of baby spinach. I feel so healthy

Attachment 115971
Old 08-11-2014, 08:47 PM   #4012
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've seen heirloom yellow and orange. However, I only had their soup form (Campbell's Yellow and Harvest Orange tomato soup)(the orange one reminded me of SpahettiOs)(which was a good thing)
Old 08-11-2014, 10:17 PM   #4013
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I've seen heirloom yellow and orange. However, I only had their soup form (Campbell's Yellow and Harvest Orange tomato soup)(the orange one reminded me of SpahettiOs)(which was a good thing)
I had no idea Cambell's has a yellow and harvest orange tomato soup! MUST FIND IT ASAP!!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2014, 02:54 PM   #4014
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Shrimp, spinach, and udon noodles with homemade stock. Perfect for this yucky rainy day.

Attachment 115988
Old 08-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #4015
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
As a child I absolutely LOVED yellow tomatoes, they were so sweet and delicious. Unfortunately, apart from tiny yellow tomatoes in a pack with other expensive ones, I haven't seen yellow tomatoes here for about 35 years! Occasionally I will ask around but never had any joy.
Old 08-12-2014, 06:24 PM   #4016
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

That chicken salad looks delicious Connie, sweet but not too sweet, and lots of lovely textures. Do you use chicken breast, or leg? Everything seems to be boneless, skinless chicken breast these days, I miss things with thigh meat in them!
Old 08-12-2014, 06:58 PM   #4017
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Keeping Connie, Fuzzy and Smith company. Forgive me if I've posted one of these before.

Salmon and spinach fishcakes, lentil & sweet potato salad, French carrot salad (but my parsley had run out, boo), Waldorf salad, mixed salad.

Sliced ox tongue, plum, nectarine, Waldorf salad, lentil & sweet potato salad again, mixed salad, coleslaw.

Scotch egg, mixed olives, feta in pepadew sweet peppers, Danish blue cheese, pear and walnuts, mixed salad with micro pea shoots, crinkle cut pickled beetroot.

Garden pea and pancetta soup (so easy to make and tasty). The cream on top has made an Edward Munch type scream face!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fishcakes.jpg (124.9 KB, 200 views)
File Type: jpg tongue .jpg (133.4 KB, 206 views)
File Type: jpg lunch.jpg (139.1 KB, 201 views)
File Type: jpg soup.jpg (64.0 KB, 203 views)

Last edited by Ruby Ripples; 08-12-2014 at 07:01 PM. Reason: forgot the beetroot.
Old 08-12-2014, 07:58 PM   #4018
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
That chicken salad looks delicious Connie, sweet but not too sweet, and lots of lovely textures. Do you use chicken breast, or leg? Everything seems to be boneless, skinless chicken breast these days, I miss things with thigh meat in them!
I use the breast, but I like to use thighs to make oven barbeque chicken.

I love all your salads!

Quote:
Keeping Connie, Fuzzy and Smith company. Forgive me if I've posted one of these before.

Salmon and spinach fishcakes, lentil & sweet potato salad, French carrot salad (but my parsley had run out, boo), Waldorf salad, mixed salad.

Sliced ox tongue, plum, nectarine, Waldorf salad, lentil & sweet potato salad again, mixed salad, coleslaw.

Scotch egg, mixed olives, feta in pepadew sweet peppers, Danish blue cheese, pear and walnuts, mixed salad with micro pea shoots, crinkle cut pickled beetroot.

Garden pea and pancetta soup (so easy to make and tasty). The cream on top has made an Edward Munch type scream face!
Old 08-13-2014, 02:06 PM   #4019
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Cool

Quote:
How easy? Do tell!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 04:50 PM   #4020
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

I found these foods fascinating to look at- thanks for sharing!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 05:09 PM   #4021
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

It's a cold plate night. All finger food because I'm going to park my butt on the couch and watch a couple of episodes of The Bridge (OMG Demian Bichir is so hot), and I need something snacky. Pears and cheese, garlic stuffed olives, grapes, and baby sweet peppers.

Attachment 116017
Old 08-13-2014, 05:10 PM   #4022
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

This wasn't from today, but this was from my trip to Malaysia.

Hainanese chicken rice and Ice Kechang! Favourite meal/desert combo

Old 08-13-2014, 06:07 PM   #4023
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
How easy? Do tell!
I made the recipe up and I like one pot cooking as I'm a lazy cook I couldn't really afford my favourite supermarket carton soup, so I worked out how to make it and i think my version is nicer now and much cheaper. I usually make this then freeze several portions for later.

Recipe = http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...07#post2089607
Old 08-16-2014, 11:32 AM   #4024
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
This wasn't from today, but this was from my trip to Malaysia.

Hainanese chicken rice and Ice Kechang! Favourite meal/desert combo
I really need a more detailed description of this dessert
Old 08-16-2014, 11:43 AM   #4025
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

This what Saturday lunch looks like when I've run out of tomatoes for sandwiches and just can't get motivated to put on clothes and shop

Attachment 116061

Tags
food, pictures