Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-18-2014, 01:23 AM   #4026
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
I really need a more detailed description of this dessert
I think wiki can describe it better than I can -

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ais_kacang

think ice cream but with out the creamy texture. (apart from the one I had which actually did have a dollop of ice cream on it - hotel catering to english i guess).

Shaved Ice, condensed milk poured on, red beans (which are semi-sweet) hidden in there, and syrup. Tis lovely!

Native dish of Malaysia
Old 08-18-2014, 06:02 PM   #4027
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Chicken salad again. I'm sort of becoming obsessed with how much good stuff I can pack into it: chicken, grapes, celery, pear, pecans, mayo, chipotle mustard, lime juice, PLUS dried cranberries this time. I'm up to 9 non-spice ingredients.

Attachment 116082
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 05:58 AM   #4028
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn View Post
Chicken salad again. I'm sort of becoming obsessed with how much good stuff I can pack into it: chicken, grapes, celery, pear, pecans, mayo, chipotle mustard, lime juice, PLUS dried cranberries this time. I'm up to 9 non-spice ingredients.

Attachment 116082
Lovely looking salad for a hot day lunch! How about chopped green apple, avocado to make it 11? lol
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2014, 06:15 PM   #4029
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Lovely looking salad for a hot day lunch! How about chopped green apple, avocado to make it 11? lol
^ Thinking maybe pineapple...

TV snack -- homemade pimento cheese on celery, grapes, and the best olives stuffed with garlic.

Attachment 116104
Old 08-20-2014, 08:06 AM   #4030
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

My little dish of the day.

Beef
Edamame beans
Okra
Chilli
Red Pepper
Spring Onion
Garlic
Ginger
and soy sauce
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo 2.JPG (120.8 KB, 410 views)
Old 08-21-2014, 05:25 PM   #4031
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Rep given!
Old 08-23-2014, 05:37 PM   #4032
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacone View Post
My little dish of the day.

Beef
Edamame beans
Okra
Chilli
Red Pepper
Spring Onion
Garlic
Ginger
and soy sauce
Oh lovely! (except the okra, )
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2014, 09:22 AM   #4033
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Breakfast this morning at The Corner Café in Elizabethtown, NC.

Attachment 116183
Old 08-27-2014, 09:26 AM   #4034
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Dinner last night at San Jose in Elizabethtown, NC. Pitcher of killer peach margaritas, made at the table guac, and top notch food.

Attachment 116184

Attachment 116185

Attachment 116186
Old 08-27-2014, 09:28 AM   #4035
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Captain George's seafood buffet in Myrtle Beach, SC.

Attachment 116187
Old 08-31-2014, 01:22 AM   #4036
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 02:01 PM   #4037
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Madder sammiches.

FionaForemost got me thinking about just plain 'ol tomato sandwiches.

I've got a small garden and have been keeping my eye on one tomato in particular. I let it ripen completely on the vine then sliced it right after it was picked. The loaf of Wonder bread seemed inadequate, so off to the local French bakery for a fresh boule.

Oh well, let the pictures do the talkin':

-Jim
Old 09-09-2014, 02:58 PM   #4038
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smithnwesson View Post
FionaForemost got me thinking about just plain 'ol tomato sandwiches.

I've got a small garden and have been keeping my eye on one tomato in particular. I let it ripen completely on the vine then sliced it right after it was picked. The loaf of Wonder bread seemed inadequate, so off to the local French bakery for a fresh boule.
I respect your use of Duke's! Ain't no mater sammich worth a flea without Duke's,Deep South,or Bama mayo!

That being said,I pepper my mayo and salt my tomatoes and give it two minutes before I pair the slices! The juices make me happy!

Now,if you'll excuse me,I gotta go to the garden.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 07:17 PM   #4039
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was about to say what Misty said - a sandwich ain't a sandwich without some Duke's! Would you believe that when I first moved here our local chain of grocery stores actually carried Duke's?! I was so happy! Went back to get a new jar a couple months later, though, and they're gone. Hoping they'll get them back!

"I just think your culinary choices could use more death of sentient creatures. Is that so wrong?" - Mini

-Rosebud- I am imagining how lovely it would be to see your golden hair rising up over my belly when you are between my thighs
-Rosebud- Like a cunnilingus sunrise
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #4040
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Default AQ Chicken in NW Arkansas

Went to this amazing chicken place today...called AQ Chicken. It was some of the best food I've had in a while!

I had the chicken fried steak with homemade gravy, mashed potatoes, and slaw. For dessert I had the peach cobbler...my son had the "chocolate mess"!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2014, 08:08 PM   #4041
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Wowzers... I could write a novel thinking about those rolls alone..
Old 09-14-2014, 09:54 AM   #4042
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Wowzers... I could write a novel thinking about those rolls alone..
They were heavenly...browned on top with sweet butter baked in...oh how I want one right now with my coffee...
Old 09-14-2014, 06:19 PM   #4043
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Cooked on a gas grill for the first time in my life...ever! Steak, potatoes w/onions, corn on the cob and zucchini & squash. Not too bad for my first time!
Old 09-15-2014, 09:57 AM   #4044
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
Cooked on a gas grill for the first time in my life...ever! Steak, potatoes w/onions, corn on the cob and zucchini & squash. Not too bad for my first time!
Did you use any oil on those grilled veggies? How did they taste??

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 06:30 PM   #4045
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

Meatloaf Monday at the diner. The fried bits are squash.

Attachment 116443
Old 09-15-2014, 07:35 PM   #4046
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
Did you use any oil on those grilled veggies? How did they taste??
I sprayed the grill with Pam and seasoned them with salt & pepper. I thought they tasted really good. I'm actually not one for squash or zucchini, but I wanted to try them on the grill. Yum!
Old 09-16-2014, 12:13 PM   #4047
Saisha
Delphinum natare doces

Saisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions communitySaisha is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Top of my sister's bagel this morning - mind you, the bagels are stacked sideways in the bag with the sell by date info stamped sideways on it so who knows how this happened:

Child of the ocean.
Saisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 09:43 PM   #4048
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Yummy! I just love hole foods. All the dieticians, clinical nutritionists, and other food experts agree that hole foods are good for you, IIRC.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:23 AM   #4049
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

i made chili. beef, onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili beans, 3 tomatoes (chopped), chili powder, a squeeze of spicy brown mustard and a pinch of sugar. the bowl below is after the sharp cheddar melted on top and i stirred in. turned out delish. served with pop and fresh biscuits. hub said it was my best batch yet.

Attachment 116620

Last edited by luvmybhm; 09-25-2014 at 04:24 AM. Reason: forgot to mention the beans
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2014, 07:43 PM   #4050
Puddles

Puddles does more than just post hot picsPuddles does more than just post hot picsPuddles does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe View Post
I was about to say what Misty said - a sandwich ain't a sandwich without some Duke's! Would you believe that when I first moved here our local chain of grocery stores actually carried Duke's?! I was so happy! Went back to get a new jar a couple months later, though, and they're gone. Hoping they'll get them back!
Love Dukes Mayo, but can't get it here

Tags
food, pictures