Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-30-2014, 09:27 PM   #4051
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
i made chili. beef, onion, green pepper, salt, pepper, garlic powder, chili beans, 3 tomatoes (chopped), chili powder, a squeeze of spicy brown mustard and a pinch of sugar. the bowl below is after the sharp cheddar melted on top and i stirred in. turned out delish. served with pop and fresh biscuits. hub said it was my best batch yet.

Attachment 116620
Looks heavenly!!!!!
Ms Charlotte BBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:29 PM   #4052
Amaranthine
Adamant Anti-Nihilist

Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!Amaranthine keeps pushing the rep limit!

If you like sushi and get the chance to hit up a conveyor belt bar, I couldn't recommend it more highly. So much variety literally sailing past your seat
Attached Images
File Type: jpg WP_20141006_19_53_14_Pro.jpg (134.0 KB, 218 views)
Old 10-07-2014, 02:15 PM   #4053
imaginarydiva21

imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!imaginarydiva21 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

was as good as it looks except the coffee
Old 10-07-2014, 02:28 PM   #4054
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Ms Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions communityMs Charlotte BBW is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My lunch...half (yes I said HALF) of a chili dog with cheese, bacon, and onion. It was good but too much at one sitting. I can't imagine someone eating an entire one!
Old 10-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #4055
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Help! I can't rep that chili dog!
Old 10-08-2014, 02:24 PM   #4056
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love chili dogs but looking at that one hurt my stomach

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 03:23 PM   #4057
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Anyone who knows me, knows I am an awful baker...but my son and I made this cake last night...it's a Fall cake! I got the idea from a boxed mix I saw. (I even made the frosting from scratch too)
It actually turned out pretty decent.
Old 10-13-2014, 04:53 PM   #4058
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

That cake looks incredible. The only icing we had when I was a child was the kind we made ourselves....but funny how I have never made it as an adult. That is something I want to teach my girls. How did you make the icing? Did you use powdered sugar?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 10-13-2014, 06:31 PM   #4059
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
That cake looks incredible. The only icing we had when I was a child was the kind we made ourselves....but funny how I have never made it as an adult. That is something I want to teach my girls. How did you make the icing? Did you use powdered sugar?
I have a few home-made recipes for frosting...this one was cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a few drops of milk. Sometimes I'll use flavored creamer instead vanilla and milk. I can't stand the icing you buy in stores...ick!

Cream Cheese Recipe I Use
Old 10-14-2014, 06:15 AM   #4060
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Charlotte BBW View Post
I have a few home-made recipes for frosting...this one was cream cheese, butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and a few drops of milk. Sometimes I'll use flavored creamer instead vanilla and milk. I can't stand the icing you buy in stores...ick!

Cream Cheese Recipe I Use

Thank you! Making home made things with children are some of the best memories

Old 10-14-2014, 06:39 PM   #4061
GhostEater

GhostEater does more than just post hot picsGhostEater does more than just post hot picsGhostEater does more than just post hot pics

Here's some southern fried catfish I made earlier this year. I can't seem to get the trick of frying down right. The outside burns before the inside's cooked and and getting a good read on the temperature is just impossible. I think it might have something to do with my stove? I don't know. This is from the Good Eats episode on catfish and it's pretty good. Six whole catfish filets are an absolutely ridiculous amount for my wallet so next time I'm getting three and splitting them in half. I also had to triple the spice mix since it couldn't cover every inch of the catfish.

Also pictured here is a chunk of homemade bread from the Good Eats recipes. It's fantastic. It takes forever and a day to make but it's just amazing. I'd double the recipe and make two loaves cause why not? The trick here is that the dough is damn sticky so get used to it. If you want to get crazy add some crushed rosemary to the recipe.

GhostEater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #4062
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEater View Post
Here's some southern fried catfish I made earlier this year. I can't seem to get the trick of frying down right. The outside burns before the inside's cooked and and getting a good read on the temperature is just impossible. I think it might have something to do with my stove? I don't know. This is from the Good Eats episode on catfish and it's pretty good. Six whole catfish filets are an absolutely ridiculous amount for my wallet so next time I'm getting three and splitting them in half. I also had to triple the spice mix since it couldn't cover every inch of the catfish.

Also pictured here is a chunk of homemade bread from the Good Eats recipes. It's fantastic. It takes forever and a day to make but it's just amazing. I'd double the recipe and make two loaves cause why not? The trick here is that the dough is damn sticky so get used to it. If you want to get crazy add some crushed rosemary to the recipe.

I'm not one for catfish, but that looks really good! And homemade bread too?! Win Win!
Old 10-15-2014, 09:30 PM   #4063
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

ghosteater...that looks yummy!
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2014, 04:03 PM   #4064
Deacone
For Azeroth!

Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!Deacone keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
My lunch...half (yes I said HALF) of a chili dog with cheese, bacon, and onion. It was good but too much at one sitting. I can't imagine someone eating an entire one!
So much want lol
Old 10-16-2014, 04:25 PM   #4065
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

For lunch today I was craving a deli type sammy...this had Tavern ham, American cheese, tomatoes, and coleslaw. It was tasty!
Old 10-16-2014, 10:14 PM   #4066
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

The trick to frying fish is using thin fillets, not overcrowding in the oil, and giving the oil time to come back up to heat between batches. The fish should pop back up to the surface almost immediately and be done in just a few minutes. They will continue to cook and get a little browner after you taken them out of the oil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostEater View Post

ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 06:47 AM   #4067
GhostEater

GhostEater does more than just post hot picsGhostEater does more than just post hot picsGhostEater does more than just post hot pics

Thanks for the advice! I could even slice the filets down to Catfish Strips and it'd cook even faster. I think the problem I'm having is that I'm using a shallow-oil method. If the oil's shallow the moisture can supposedly escape without making the crust soggy. Needless to say it's not working. I think the pan is getting too hot but the oil isn't as hot as it needs to be so it sinks to the bottom and gets black from the heat. And since it has nowhere to float so it just sits there turning blacker and blacker, but the surrounding oil isn't hot enough to cook the inside. On top of all that I try to keep adjusting the temperature but I can't get a good read so it's all over the place.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:04 PM   #4068
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
For lunch today I was craving a deli type sammy...this had Tavern ham, American cheese, tomatoes, and coleslaw. It was tasty!
What kind of bread is that on?

Old 10-17-2014, 06:48 PM   #4069
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
What kind of bread is that on?
It's an onion kaiser roll.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:49 PM   #4070
Ms Charlotte BBW
Fantasy Land

Dinner tonight: Spaghetti sauce and meatballs in the slow cooker
Old 10-19-2014, 12:21 PM   #4071
Puddles

Puddles does more than just post hot picsPuddles does more than just post hot picsPuddles does more than just post hot pics
Default Brunch today

Frittata, served with a orange, apple and cranberry fruit salad.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2014-10-19 13.42.14.jpg (160.6 KB, 107 views)
Old 10-20-2014, 12:14 PM   #4072
GhostEater

Chocolate chip cookies are the standard by which all other cookies are judged. If you can make good chocolate chip cookies you can pretty much [inappropriate sexist statement here].

These are an ever so modified Good Eats chewy cookie recipe. It's almost identical to the America's Test Kitchen recipe which uses bittersweet chocolate chip chunks instead of semisweet chocolate chips. The only real modification is cutting down the baking time to 15 minutes. By the time this gets posted I've already eaten half the plate.

Last edited by GhostEater; 10-20-2014 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Stupidly large image size
Old 10-20-2014, 07:42 PM   #4073
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

dang it ghosteater...now i have to make cookies.
luvmybhm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:01 AM   #4074
GhostEater

I can do lots of things but it's one of the few things I can do well. I'm actually making a second batch right now.

I can make a fair pass at sugar cookies but they're one of the recipes I could definitely improve on.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:29 AM   #4075
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

OMG. So fun!

I went to one once with all my co-workers when I worked part-time at a plus sized women's clothing store. That restaurant didn't know what hit them. Hahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaranthine View Post
If you like sushi and get the chance to hit up a conveyor belt bar, I couldn't recommend it more highly. So much variety literally sailing past your seat
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures