Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 04-07-2015, 09:25 PM   #4126
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I have read squash soup recipes before.... what you're having sounds even better, Ruby
Thanks GEF

Quote:
Originally Posted by one2one View Post
You have a gift for making nothing fancy look lovely.
Thank you!

My Easter Sunday dinner. My bf and my son were both here so I bothered to make a dinner. Unfortunately my son won't eat roast lamb (the traditional Easter roast) so I did a stuffed chicken instead. So it was chicken, pork sage & onion stuffing, mashed potatoes, potatoes roasted in goose fat (my favourites ) carrots, broccoli, gravy and yorkshire puddings. I had bread sauce too but forgot until I started eating.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chicken dinner.jpg (60.1 KB, 493 views)
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:43 AM   #4127
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

My neighbors had a party and crawfish boil tonight. They gave us a HUGE tray of crawfish with some potatoes, sausage, corn, garlic cloves, and mushrooms (I've never seen people throw mushrooms in a crawfish boil pot but damn if they didn't soak up a lot of that good flavor and tasted great!).

Old 04-13-2015, 05:31 PM   #4128
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mama Mia!! I wish those were my neighbours instead of the one I have who looks like a biker Satan!
Old 04-14-2015, 03:03 PM   #4129
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Omg, Tracy! I'm so jealous!! Want!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #4130
smithnwesson
Drug dealer

smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!smithnwesson has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Holy shit! Hope you saved some of them mud bugs. The dog and I are leaving Richmond now. Can you pick us up at IAH about 0630?
Old 04-27-2015, 12:41 PM   #4131
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

So many amazing food pics in here lately!

Here's one of my favorites--broccoli cheese soup:

It's a simple thing, but pair it with some salty crackers and .
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 07:29 AM   #4132
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post

That looks very nice indeed. I am a soup addict and make at least one pot a week. Do you have the recipe for this one, I'd love to try it. There is a thread for recipes from here on the forum somewhere.
Old 04-28-2015, 08:09 AM   #4133
MsBrightside

MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MsBrightside has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
That looks very nice indeed.
Thanks.

Quote:
I am a soup addict and make at least one pot a week. Do you have the recipe for this one, I'd love to try it. There is a thread for recipes from here on the forum somewhere.
Done! http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...8&postcount=82

It wasn't too hard to find the thread; it was a sticky, and you were actually the last one to post with a lovely garden pea/pancetta soup. It looked really good, and I loved the color; it's so much more vibrant than what you get with dried peas.
MsBrightside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 08:17 AM   #4134
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Broccoli and cheese is one of my faves!
That looks delicious.

I had Campbell's Chicken with Wild and White rice for dinner last night.
Sometimes you just need to kick it old school and keep it simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsBrightside View Post

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2015, 05:43 PM   #4135
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
That looks very nice indeed. I am a soup addict and make at least one pot a week. Do you have the recipe for this one, I'd love to try it. There is a thread for recipes from here on the forum somewhere.
I remember you sharing your tomato soup recipe with me years ago...lost the recipe but you made is sound so interesting with sour cream on top.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 12:01 PM   #4136
MattB

MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!MattB keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Bump.

I've never been much about taking pictures of food, but it's getting cooler and I have to start considering hibernation mode.

Canuck cuisine...
MattB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 06:52 PM   #4137
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fluffy, buttery, salty pretzels
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:06 AM   #4138
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Those pretzels look really good Xyantha!
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:04 PM   #4139
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks!!!

I didn't get a chance to try your recipe last weekend, so it is up for this week's menu!! I am excited.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 07:45 PM   #4140
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Made that cream cheese stuffed monkey bread that was floating around on the Buzzfeed page on Facebook. Turned out pretty well, a bit bitter because I used baking chocolate chips instead of regular milk chocolate... will be making this again with milk chocolate, and it should taste better and even out the bitterness from the cream cheese, as well. Was pretty good overall, though.

x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2015, 12:49 PM   #4141
x0emnem0x

x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!x0emnem0x keeps pushing the rep limit!

Resurrecting this thread for biscuits and gravy. My breakfast yesterday...

x0emnem0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 09:16 AM   #4142
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

This year's Christmas Dinner main course. Roast chicken (I gave up with turkey because I don't like it and I'm the one that prepares, cooks, clears away etc!), goose fat roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, sausage stuffing with onion and chestnuts, sausage stuffing with apricots and cranberries, chipolatas in bacon, carrots, garlic green beans, Brussels Sprouts with chestnuts, gravy from the chicken, bread sauce (not on plate yet in pic). I wolfed down every last morsel, my favourite meal of the year!

Starter was prawns, marie rose sauce, smoked salmon stuffed with salmon mousse, salad. Dessert was sticky toffee pudding, Christmas pudding, sherry trifle or chocolate yule log, all with either cream, plain ice cream or custard.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg chris dinner.jpg (190.2 KB, 233 views)
Old 01-01-2016, 06:24 PM   #4143
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
This year's Christmas Dinner main course. Roast chicken (I gave up with turkey because I don't like it and I'm the one that prepares, cooks, clears away etc!), goose fat roast potatoes, mashed potatoes, sausage stuffing with onion and chestnuts, sausage stuffing with apricots and cranberries, chipolatas in bacon, carrots, garlic green beans, Brussels Sprouts with chestnuts, gravy from the chicken, bread sauce (not on plate yet in pic). I wolfed down every last morsel, my favourite meal of the year!

Starter was prawns, marie rose sauce, smoked salmon stuffed with salmon mousse, salad. Dessert was sticky toffee pudding, Christmas pudding, sherry trifle or chocolate yule log, all with either cream, plain ice cream or custard.
Amazing.

Someone please rep Ruby for me.Sadly, I can not.
Old 01-01-2016, 08:33 PM   #4144
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Amazing.

I have already repped her for it....but I think you should come back and do it, too!!!

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2016, 01:29 PM   #4145
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
I have already repped her for it....but I think you should come back and do it, too!!!
Thanks so much both of you! I still have some mince pies and a Christmas pudding in the cupboard, so Christmas can continue until they are all finished.
Old 02-06-2016, 10:00 PM   #4146
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!one2one has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's a little blurry, but this is Almond-Poppy Seed Granola.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AlmondPoppyGranola.jpg (266.3 KB, 163 views)
Old 02-18-2016, 09:06 PM   #4147
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

I made gumbo for the first time! I used shrimp and chorizo, and it turned out really well, with minimal effort. Jasmine rice paired well with the flavors. I'm definitely making this again soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gumbo.jpg (140.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 02-26-2016, 04:59 AM   #4148
luvmybhm
waiting for spring!

luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!luvmybhm has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

the gumbo looks amazing! good job!
Old 03-02-2016, 07:25 PM   #4149
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

That gumbo looks lovely, I've never had it before. What are the main herb or spice flavours? I have had jasmine rice though, the sticky kind with thai curry and i love it! It usually puts me to sleep for an hour after, it's so damn carbilicious!
Old 03-08-2016, 11:14 AM   #4150
one2one
Sentient little hedonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvmybhm View Post
the gumbo looks amazing! good job!
Thank you!

Quote:
That gumbo looks lovely, I've never had it before. What are the main herb or spice flavours? I have had jasmine rice though, the sticky kind with thai curry and i love it! It usually puts me to sleep for an hour after, it's so damn carbilicious!
Thank you! I've never had it before either but was inspired by something Swamptoad posted, so I read through a few recipes and worked with what I had on hand. If I recall, the main flavor elements I used were a lot of carrot, onion and green bell pepper.* It also got a little celery seed, a little Old Bay seasoning, some garlic and about a tablespoon of tomato paste (I think). I used lobster stock for the broth, a small amount of fresh lemon* juice, and let the chorizo do most of the rest of the work for flavoring it. I also forgot to add parsley, so it was garnished with parsley and green onion.

A few of the recipes I looked at called for file powder, which I'd never heard of. I looked it up to see if I could make it with other spices I had on hand, but it was described as a cross between juicy fruit gum and eucalyptus. I promise you that even though I have about 40 spices and blends on hand, I have nothing that is likely to create that flavor combination!

* Normally, I don't like green bell pepper because it's bitter, but in this case I think using it and a very small amount of lemon helped balance everything nicely.

Tags
food, pictures