Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 07-30-2007, 10:58 AM   #76
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Taking a vacation day today And I made myself some lunch:

I hollowed out a plump jersey tomato, stuffed it with chicken salad (from Trader Joe's with almonds, currants & celery), stuffed celery with cream cheese and sprinkled on paprika (ok, it came out too fast ), and warm rosemary focaccia bread.

I am (appropriately) stuffed myself now!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:19 AM   #77
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am still in a full-on daze over the picture of those slabs of farmers market tomatoes..they should be in mah belly..

great food, folks..LOVE this thread...
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 11:27 AM   #78
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
I am still in a full-on daze over the picture of those slabs of farmers market tomatoes..they should be in mah belly..

great food, folks..LOVE this thread...
I wait all year for the 2 months of swoon-worthy tomatoes. I do!

I am happy happy happy that the time is NOW.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 07-30-2007, 12:21 PM   #79
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Paycheck: Tomorrow
Grocery list: Tomatoes, fresh mozarella, baguette, olive oil, fresh basil.

Seriously. I can't wait. SVS, keepin' the foodie trends alive since [insert year of internet access here.]
Old 08-01-2007, 12:05 AM   #80
EbonySSBBW
California Dreams

EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EbonySSBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
Taking a vacation day today And I made myself some lunch:

I hollowed out a plump jersey tomato, stuffed it with chicken salad (from Trader Joe's with almonds, currants & celery), stuffed celery with cream cheese and sprinkled on paprika (ok, it came out too fast ), and warm rosemary focaccia bread.

I am (appropriately) stuffed myself now!
Man, that looks like a perfect lunch. Yum!

"The happiness of your life depends on the quality of your thoughts" Marcus A. Antoninus

"If I were asked to give what I consider the single most useful bit of advice for all humanity, it would be this: Expect trouble as an inevitable part of life, and when it comes, hold your head high. Look it squarely in the eye, and say, I will be bigger than you. You cannot defeat me" Ann Landers
EbonySSBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 05:23 AM   #81
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EbonySSBBW View Post
Man, that looks like a perfect lunch. Yum!
Well...you know the only reason I stuffed the tomato was to take a pic, right? Otherwise I would have just sliced the tomato and eaten a pile of the chicken salad. hehe
Old 08-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #82
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

My first contribution to this thread. Baked boneless porkchop, peas and Pasta Roni (inspired by Ann Marie). Hopefully the next one will come out better. I have no idea why the pic is so small, I had to re-size it to upload it and now it looks dumb.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0609_edited (2).JPG (5.0 KB, 557 views)

:) Smile, JESUS loves you. (Even if you don't want him to. ;) )
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 02:35 AM   #83
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Man, oh man!!

(I just have to chime in every now and then 'cos all the food pics look so good!)
Old 08-03-2007, 05:30 AM   #84
BigBoy2007

BigBoy2007 has said some nice things

I will take two of everything and some new clothing :-P That all looks sooooo good *rubs belly*

I LOVE BIG EVERYTHING
BigBoy2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 01:37 AM   #85
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

Ok, I figured out what was wrong with my pic. I'm gonna get it right with tonights dinner. For some reason, I am determined to make y'all hungry. Probably just to get you all back!!!

:) Smile, JESUS loves you. (Even if you don't want him to. ;) )
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2007, 03:28 PM   #86
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

This picture was taken strictly to blow Randi's mind.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sld.jpg (49.0 KB, 528 views)
Old 08-04-2007, 03:31 PM   #87
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
This picture was taken strictly to blow Randi's mind.

AM! Someone let you eat their croutons before you gave them back their salad??

p.s. I like how you hid the salad under all those croutons. Did you fool yourself?

Last edited by SoVerySoft; 08-04-2007 at 03:32 PM. Reason: added the p.s.
Old 08-04-2007, 03:44 PM   #88
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
AM! Someone let you eat their croutons before you gave them back their salad??

p.s. I like how you hid the salad under all those croutons. Did you fool yourself?
LOL, I actually ate half a head of lettuce yesterday, and the other half is probably going to get eaten today.

It was everything I could do to keep from telling you last night but I wanted to shock you with the picture. LOL
Old 08-04-2007, 04:05 PM   #89
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
LOL, I actually ate half a head of lettuce yesterday, and the other half is probably going to get eaten today.

It was everything I could do to keep from telling you last night but I wanted to shock you with the picture. LOL
I am so proud of you!!

p.s. (you knew there had to be a "p.s."!) Throw in crumbled bacon. Everything is better with bacon.
Old 08-04-2007, 10:39 PM   #90
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
I am so proud of you!!

p.s. (you knew there had to be a "p.s."!) Throw in crumbled bacon. Everything is better with bacon.
Oh yeah, there's bits in there (real ones, not the Fako Bacos)

Old 08-05-2007, 12:26 PM   #91
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

hosted on www.flickr.com

Rotisserie chicken drumettes (I didn't make those, bought them at Fresh Market). Steamed broccoli. Cornbread with butter. Fried "peaches and cream" corn...I have finally mastered fried corn this season and am in total love with it. I make ours a little spicy with some red pepper flakes. It is rich and creamy and spicy and just complete yum.
Old 08-05-2007, 12:31 PM   #92
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Rotisserie chicken drumettes (I didn't make those, bought them at Fresh Market). Steamed broccoli. Cornbread with butter. Fried "peaches and cream" corn...I have finally mastered fried corn this season and am in total love with it. I make ours a little spicy with some red pepper flakes. It is rich and creamy and spicy and just complete yum.
Uhm, I must know more about this fried corn you speak of. More please, s'plain.

Old 08-05-2007, 12:44 PM   #93
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Take fresh corn and hold it over a skillet. Take a big knife and cut all the kernels off. Take the cob, flip it over and run the knife over it again to get all of the corn-milk off into the pan.

Add to the pan some butter (mmms...I think I added about 2tbs for 3 or 4 ears of corn), salt, black pepper, a little sugar (if the corn is sweet, like the bi-color just add a teeny bit, I used probably about a tsp of splenda), and a couple of tablespoons of milk.

Turn the heat on medium and stir it around a bit until it gets cooked through. I like to leave it on a bit so it gets a little color to it. I also add some red pepper flakes and it makes it sweet and spicy. Very simple, very quick. The key is to not add too much of anything, because the corn is sooo good right now.

There you go. You are in business .
Old 08-06-2007, 06:56 AM   #94
jamie
...tickled...

Last night's dinner:

Whole wheat couscous, sesame ginger minute chops, cherry tomatoes-fresh mozzarella and some italian dressing, zucchini fritters.

hosted at www.flickr.com

I need to work on styling a little bit. It looks a little bland just lying there.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:47 AM   #95
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Last night's dinner:

Whole wheat couscous, sesame ginger minute chops, cherry tomatoes-fresh mozzarella and some italian dressing, zucchini fritters.

hosted at www.flickr.com

I need to work on styling a little bit. It looks a little bland just lying there.
OK, Yum. Really - yum. What are minute chops?
Old 08-06-2007, 09:51 AM   #96
dreamer72fem
hmmm....

dreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 clubdreamer72fem is a member of the 500 club

HOw do you make the zucchini fritters...they look GOOD...and what is on top of them?
Thanks
Stacey
Old 08-06-2007, 11:50 AM   #97
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer72fem View Post
HOw do you make the zucchini fritters...they look GOOD...and what is on top of them?
Thanks
Stacey
Jamie posted the recipe and pics in the Iron Foodee Challege thread. Click here!
Old 08-06-2007, 01:25 PM   #98
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
OK, Yum. Really - yum. What are minute chops?
They are just really thinly sliced pork loin chops. They cook up really quickly. Some places call them breakfast chops I think. I love them because they get nice and brown with just a little ring of fat and I have some sort of block cooking bigger cuts of pork, I either make it leather or serve it raw...these are jamie-proof.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:29 PM   #99
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer72fem View Post
Thanks
Stacey
SVS handled the assist..I will just add that that is some fat-free sour cream on top of them. They are great with out...but most people serve them like latkes with a little bit of sour cream or plain yogurt. They are wonderful if you put some salt on after they come out of the pan (like fries). Hope you get to try them and enjoy!
Old 08-06-2007, 03:57 PM   #100
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Looks so yummy...especially the fritters...wow.
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures