Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-06-2007, 04:59 PM   #101
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Regarding the thin slices

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
They are just really thinly sliced pork loin chops. They cook up really quickly. Some places call them breakfast chops I think. I love them because they get nice and brown with just a little ring of fat and I have some sort of block cooking bigger cuts of pork, I either make it leather or serve it raw...these are jamie-proof.
Not because they're jamie-proof, or panhype-proof, but i always preferred thin slices of pork loin chop, escalope etc. I know those are less juicy. But they are tastier. Now because German butchers are used to sell thick pieces of meat i always had problems to make myself understandable about what i wanted. I said 'really thin', 'about 3 millimeter' etc.. and got looks as answer with plenty'o questionmarks ... till i found that saying 'for making escalopes Italian style' usually gave them the right idea lol I always knew why i love Italian kitchen

More recently i have given up on pork and buy chicken breasts most of the time. Then i take a sharp knife and cut them across 2 times, giving me 3 thin chicken breasts. Perfect minute chicken breasts

Last edited by panhype; 08-06-2007 at 05:02 PM.
panhype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 01:31 AM   #102
Half Full

Half Full has super-sized repHalf Full has super-sized repHalf Full has super-sized repHalf Full has super-sized rep
Default Can I sub?

Quote:
SVS handled the assist..I will just add that that is some fat-free sour cream on top of them. They are great with out...but most people serve them like latkes with a little bit of sour cream or plain yogurt. They are wonderful if you put some salt on after they come out of the pan (like fries). Hope you get to try them and enjoy!
Jamie-

Could you sub bread crumbs for the flour? I don't bake much so I don't often have flour on hand but I always have breadcrumbs!
Half Full is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 06:56 AM   #103
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Jamie's photos look straight out of "Eating Well" magazine. Yum! And this thread has sent me on a quest to find Jersey tomatos, I'm sure I can find them around here.

my breakfast: kashi honey oat waffles with peanut butter and pineapple. I need protein in the morning otherwise I crash and turn into a cranky platypus. One issue though--kashi waffles are expensive. Does anyone have a good recipe for whole wheat waffles? My boyfriend has a waffle iron, I figure it would be cheaper per serving to make them at home and just freeze them.

MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 07:09 AM   #104
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pan...oooh, you have given me an idea, I had not thought to tr that with chicken breasts. Sometimes I cut it in cubes, but I would like to expiriment with thinner pieces.

Half-full: I think the flour is only there for binding, so I am not sure why bread crumbs wouldn't work. These are almost pancake/latke like and yours would probably have a different texture...might be a tasty expiriment though!

MissT: I haven't tried those waffles - are they any good? The pineapple has me salivating over here.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:20 AM   #105
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Take fresh corn and hold it over a skillet. Take a big knife and cut all the kernels off. Take the cob, flip it over and run the knife over it again to get all of the corn-milk off into the pan.

Add to the pan some butter (mmms...I think I added about 2tbs for 3 or 4 ears of corn), salt, black pepper, a little sugar (if the corn is sweet, like the bi-color just add a teeny bit, I used probably about a tsp of splenda), and a couple of tablespoons of milk.

Turn the heat on medium and stir it around a bit until it gets cooked through. I like to leave it on a bit so it gets a little color to it. I also add some red pepper flakes and it makes it sweet and spicy. Very simple, very quick. The key is to not add too much of anything, because the corn is sooo good right now.

There you go. You are in business .
I love fried corn...on the cob as well. I just got hip to fried corn on the cob last week and I love it.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #106
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

It's not so much pretty as it is incredibly delicious.

Babe's PawPaw made gumbo for us...and I snapped a pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg phpKyK2bVPM.jpg (58.3 KB, 479 views)
Old 08-07-2007, 06:06 PM   #107
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post

Shrimp always look pretty to me! YUM.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:04 AM   #108
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Carbonara v1.b (actually Amatriciana lol)

The recipe i'm using is kinda 'around' since the 70s and it's titled 'Carbonara'. Now i did a little research and learned that the original Carbonara just consists of pancetta (speck) and eggs while the version i was making has tomatoes (instead of eggs) and actually is called Amatriciana. Both have their origins in the north of Roma, hence the confusion maybe. Both are SUPER-easy to make, here are links to recipes with great explanations (Italian site in English language).
Amatriciana - that's the way i'm making my 'Carbonara', but i'm adding a few dashes of balsamico vinegar
Carbonara - should be worth a try as well

Carbonara-pot.jpg
Yes, you're right. I'm making a big pot of it and will store 6 portions or so in the freezer

Carbonara-plate.jpg
i'm having my Amatriciana usually just with Italian bread. Or French bread
Old 08-08-2007, 10:06 AM   #109
panhype
Apréslist

Quote:

I can see that this is delicious
Old 08-08-2007, 02:52 PM   #110
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
Jamie's photos look straight out of "Eating Well" magazine. Yum! And this thread has sent me on a quest to find Jersey tomatos, I'm sure I can find them around here.

my breakfast: kashi honey oat waffles with peanut butter and pineapple. I need protein in the morning otherwise I crash and turn into a cranky platypus. One issue though--kashi waffles are expensive. Does anyone have a good recipe for whole wheat waffles? My boyfriend has a waffle iron, I figure it would be cheaper per serving to make them at home and just freeze them.

This is a Martha Stewart recipe, very nice!

Oat and Whole Wheat Waffles with Mango Sauce

Using nonfat buttermilk and egg whites will eliminate a substantial amount of the fat usually found in this classic breakfast fare.

Ingredients
Serves 6.

3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons whole-wheat flour
1 cup plus 2 tablespoons cake flour, (not self-rising)
3 tablespoons instant nonfat dry milk
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 large whole egg
2 large egg whites
2 1/4 cups nonfat buttermilk
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted

Mango Sauce
1 1/2 pints assorted fresh fruit, such as raspberries, blueberries, boysenberries, and peaches
Vegetable-oil cooking spray
Directions

Preheat a waffle iron. Place oats in the bowl of a food processor, and process until coarsely ground, about 30 seconds. Transfer to a medium bowl, and whisk in whole-wheat flour, cake flour, dry milk, sugar, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.

In another medium bowl, whisk together egg, egg whites, and buttermilk. Pour into the dry ingredients, add melted butter, and whisk together until thoroughly combined.

Spray waffle iron with cooking spray. Quickly pour about 1 1/2 cups batter onto center of grid. Use a rubber spatula to spread the batter evenly out to the edges. Bake waffles until golden brown, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a warm oven. Repeat until all batter is used.

Cut waffles into squares; serve two per person topped with mango sauce and fruit.

Whole Grain Waffles

INGREDIENTS:
2 eggs, beaten
1 3/4 cups skim milk
1/4 cup canola oil
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
1/2 cup flax seed meal
1/4 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt

DIRECTIONS:

1. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla. Beat in whole wheat pastry flour, flax seed meal, wheat germ, all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until batter is smooth.
2. Preheat a waffle iron, and coat with cooking spray. Pour batter into waffle iron in batches, and cook until crisp and golden brown.

Another thing to try is to add some protein powder to your batter...one scoop of flour for one scoop of flour

Eggo waffles and pancakes are now available whole wheat and non trans fat. The kids at my preschool LOVE them.

Last edited by Brandi; 08-08-2007 at 03:15 PM.
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:58 PM   #111
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

After seeing lovely melons on the fridge thread, I had to have some. So a couple of nights ago I just had some melon, prosciutto and danish blue cheese for dinner. It was ambrosia!

Tonight was tandoori chicken kebabs. I wasn't happy with the taste of them, they seemed salty to me although I hadn't put any salt in the marinade. However my son loved them, so he had my three! I also made Kimberleigh's couscous salad, slightly adapted for the ingredients I had to hand, and it is deelish! So I just had extra couscous!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg parmamelon.JPG (40.2 KB, 442 views)
File Type: jpg tandoori.JPG (58.9 KB, 444 views)
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:01 PM   #112
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
The recipe i'm using is kinda 'around' since the 70s and it's titled 'Carbonara'. Now i did a little research and learned that the original Carbonara just consists of pancetta (speck) and eggs while the version i was making has tomatoes (instead of eggs) and actually is called Amatriciana. Both have their origins in the north of Roma, hence the confusion maybe. Both are SUPER-easy to make, here are links to recipes with great explanations (Italian site in English language).
Amatriciana - that's the way i'm making my 'Carbonara', but i'm adding a few dashes of balsamico vinegar
Carbonara - should be worth a try as well

Attachment 24471
Yes, you're right. I'm making a big pot of it and will store 6 portions or so in the freezer

Attachment 24472

This sauce looks so tasty. I wish I could like that green pasta but it just tastes like wet cardboard to me. When my mum used to make us tricolor pasta I picked all the green parts out lol. ps. I love that plate.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:04 PM   #113
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:

hosted on www.flickr.com

Rotisserie chicken drumettes (I didn't make those, bought them at Fresh Market). Steamed broccoli. Cornbread with butter. Fried "peaches and cream" corn...I have finally mastered fried corn this season and am in total love with it. I make ours a little spicy with some red pepper flakes. It is rich and creamy and spicy and just complete yum.
The corn looks absolutely wonderful, I SO want that!! Actually I want the whole plate :P

Quote:
Last night's dinner:

Whole wheat couscous, sesame ginger minute chops, cherry tomatoes-fresh mozzarella and some italian dressing, zucchini fritters.

hosted at www.flickr.com

I need to work on styling a little bit. It looks a little bland just lying there.
I usually buy the extra thin pork steaks too, I like to slice them up for chinese dishes. I LOVE the look of these courgette fritters, I am definitely going to try them very soon, they look so simple but tasty, thankyou for posting the recipe!
Old 08-08-2007, 07:55 PM   #114
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
After seeing lovely melons on the fridge thread, I had to have some. So a couple of nights ago I just had some melon, prosciutto and danish blue cheese for dinner. It was ambrosia!

Tonight was tandoori chicken kebabs. I wasn't happy with the taste of them, they seemed salty to me although I hadn't put any salt in the marinade. However my son loved them, so he had my three! I also made Kimberleigh's couscous salad, slightly adapted for the ingredients I had to hand, and it is deelish! So I just had extra couscous!
What was in that marinade again?
Old 08-08-2007, 11:39 PM   #115
panhype
Apréslist

Quote:
This sauce looks so tasty. I wish I could like that green pasta but it just tastes like wet cardboard to me. When my mum used to make us tricolor pasta I picked all the green parts out lol. ps. I love that plate.
I didn't use the green tagliatelle for any particular reason, except maybe that they were looking at me, telling Take me Italians might even say that green tagliatelle are outright wrong with that sauce. I have no idea So using Spaghetti instead would be the proper choice.
Old 08-08-2007, 11:44 PM   #116
panhype
Apréslist

Quote:

Tonight was tandoori chicken kebabs.
All that looks like being made with great enthusiasm Love that. Oh, and i second Fuzzy's question... err.. *cough* .. the marinade for the tandoori chicken?
That's actually something i always wanted to try. It can taste so perfectly delicious and spicy
Old 08-09-2007, 08:46 AM   #117
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
The recipe i'm using is kinda 'around' since the 70s and it's titled 'Carbonara'. Now i did a little research and learned that the original Carbonara just consists of pancetta (speck) and eggs while the version i was making has tomatoes (instead of eggs) and actually is called Amatriciana
You know...I don't like red sauce very much...but for some reason today...that pan of it looks so comforting and homey...I am actually craving pasta.
Old 08-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #118
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Oh my god!
Theres nothing better than real seafood gumbo!

Bet it was great!
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #119
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Jamie, The kashi honey oat waffles are quite good. I don't like eggo, I find them to be way too sweet. These are slightly sweetned and full of nutrients.

More recent photos:

Carrot cake. My boyfriend kept taking tastes of it. I wish he bought his own damn slice. It was extremely moist and had plenty of frosting.

The second is a cheeseburger with fries from a Manhattan mini pub chain-ette called Blarney Stone. The place is a real dive, but the food is decent and cheap. The burger was cooked to order (medium rare!) and the fries were freshly fried with the skins intact. They did scream out for salt though. I had a Stella Artois with it. The goblet makes it classy.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:04 PM   #120
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Jamie, The kashi honey oat waffles are quite good. I don't like eggo, I find them to be way too sweet. These are slightly sweetned and full of nutrients.

More recent photos:

Carrot cake. My boyfriend kept taking tastes of it. I wish he bought his own damn slice. It was extremely moist and had plenty of frosting.

The second is a cheeseburger with fries from a Manhattan mini pub chain-ette called Blarney Stone. The place is a real dive, but the food is decent and cheap. The burger was cooked to order (medium rare!) and the fries were freshly fried with the skins intact. They did scream out for salt though. I had a Stella Artois with it. The goblet makes it classy.
2 killer pics. Yowzers!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 08-10-2007, 07:25 PM   #121
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Toodles, I definitely want to share a New York meal with you sometime. Just so you know. I hope that cheesecake will be involved in some way.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:34 PM   #122
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:

More recent photos:

Excellent pics, I REALLY enjoyed them. Please post more when you can. Thank you for posting these.
Heavy_Cream is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:58 PM   #123
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

A trip to the really really good local bakery today. Yeah, my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

My roomie, Nancy got this:

It's a checkerboard cake. You can see we each cut a piece from it...

Here's her piece.

Here's what I got (this is really scary because I don't eat a lot when it comes to bakery goodies. So, anyone want some pastry??)

A "peach flan" which turned out to be 1/2 apple and 1/2 peach, and it wasn't really the texture of flan - it was more of a soft, creamy custard, which I liked even better than traditional flan.

Close up - apples on the left, peaches on the right.

Here's the inside.

I also got:

German chocolate cake bar with coconut, nuts, etc. I only ate about 1/3 of this.

Chocolate silk pie with cheesecake and chocolate mousse, etc. YUM. I only ate some of it.

Why is this starting to remind me of a Weight Board post? hehe

And....I got cream puffs. Only ate one so far.

Chocolate chocolate chip, chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies. (These I will save for tomorrow)
Old 08-11-2007, 08:58 PM   #124
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

[QUOTE=SoVerySoft;525439]A trip to the really really good local bakery today. Yeah, my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

A "peach flan" which turned out to be 1/2 apple and 1/2 peach, and it wasn't really the texture of flan - it was more of a soft, creamy custard, which I liked even better than traditional flan.

Randi:
Where in Jersey is this wonderful bakery? have got to check this one out..
Thanks - Tony
tonynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 09:11 PM   #125
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
A trip to the really really good local bakery today. Yeah, my eyes are bigger than my stomach.

My roomie, Nancy got this:

It's a checkerboard cake. You can see we each cut a piece from it...

Here's her piece.

Here's what I got (this is really scary because I don't eat a lot when it comes to bakery goodies. So, anyone want some pastry??)

Here's the inside.

I also got:

German chocolate cake bar with coconut, nuts, etc. I only ate about 1/3 of this.

Chocolate silk pie with cheesecake and chocolate mousse, etc. YUM. I only ate some of it.

Why is this starting to remind me of a Weight Board post? hehe

And....I got cream puffs. Only ate one so far.

Chocolate chocolate chip, chocolate chip and oatmeal cookies. (These I will save for tomorrow)
Wow, looks so yummmmmmmmers.
Heavy_Cream is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures