Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-13-2008, 02:36 PM   #1276
bigbob10000
Getting Ready To Have Fun

bigbob10000 can now change their title

I haven't done a lot of cooking, but now that the weather's turning I will be. However, tonight I gave it to a hankering for cake... of the cup variety.

Piggies on top for good measure.

Hey, where is my cupcake? You teaser. Your EVIL

exnice guy
BigBob10000

Last edited by bigbob10000; 10-13-2008 at 02:37 PM. Reason: stuff
bigbob10000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 02:49 PM   #1277
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeaBea View Post
Well no, but taking them right after it's been consumed could be tricky! Seeing as you were talking about a relaxing evening with friends I just found the whole story, hookah pipe included, amusing.

Not at all, I dont make the rules and I'm not in charge of anything. I am allowed to express my opinion though.

No, but in my humble opinion AnnMarie and AtlantisAK's pictures look a lot more believable and yes, I do believe there were people waiting in the wings for those shots.

Umm, ok, well I'll stop beating around the bush here and tell you flat out that I dont believe you. I made what I thought was a tongue in cheek post to express gentle amusement as I know if I was served food that delicious looking no way would I let it spoil while someone took pictures of it. You seem SO defensive however that my amusement has bubbled over into disbelief. Maybe its my loss that my 'quality time with good friends' is less about light meter readings and focal lengths and more about conversation and good cheer? Lol - maybe not.

No, just stating what I (and others) believe to be true. I've worked plenty of photoshoots and seen just how tricky it is to get good shots of food but if you want to prove me wrong then next time why not take some oh-so-professional pictures of the preparation, the cooking and the friends. If you do that I'll apologise profusely but until then my amusement will continue.

Tracey

Just wow.
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:36 PM   #1278
DeerVictory
Swamp monster

DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I hate Thanksgiving.

but it gives me an excuse to bake.

Lemon Meringue Pie

Fruit pizza.

Didn't get a picture of it before it was mostly eaten.

And pumpkin tarts.

DeerVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 03:49 PM   #1279
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raegan View Post
I hate Thanksgiving.

but it gives me an excuse to bake.

Lemon Meringue Pie

Fruit pizza.

And pumpkin tarts.
ahahah... I thought those tarts were pies before I noticed the keys for scale. Man, that was a lot of pies!!
AnnMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 04:49 PM   #1280
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

Fruit pizza.

Even though your fruit pizza is almost gone it looks SO yummy!!!!!!
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:06 PM   #1281
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Fruit pizza. Didn't get a picture of it before it was mostly eaten.
I'm intrigued - whats under the fruit and on top of the base? My mouth needs answers! Any chance of the recipe?

Tracey xx
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:13 PM   #1282
DeerVictory
Swamp monster

DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!DeerVictory has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
I'm intrigued - whats under the fruit and on top of the base? My mouth needs answers! Any chance of the recipe?

Tracey xx
Shortbread base, then strawberry creamcheese mixed with regular creamcheese (both light). Half a cup of each, mixed with sugar and vanilla. You spread that over the shortbread, then put the fruit on. Then I made a sauce out of one cup of pineapple juice, 2 tbsp of cornstarch, sugar (quarter of a cup-ish), and lemon juice. Stir that until it thickens and until it nearly broils, then pour it overtop after it cools slightly.
DeerVictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:52 PM   #1283
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vardon_grip View Post
I had a couple of friends over for some dinner last nite...
vardon, you know I always love your photos. Absolutely breathtaking. These are no exception. Great shots!

Makes me wish I was one of your friends. At least for as long as one meal
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 05:54 PM   #1284
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
vardon, you know I always love your photos. Absolutely breathtaking. These are no exception. Great shots!

Makes me wish I was one of your friends. At least for as long as one meal
I'm here about the brownie.

"If I loved you less, I might be able to talk about it more."
~J. Austen's Emma
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #1285
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Umm, ok, well I'll stop beating around the bush here and tell you flat out that I dont believe you...
Tracey, I have to say I am disappointed. I don't think vardon deserves this.

As someone who takes pictures of food all the time, I know it is quite possible to take the shots quickly when one is plating the food, before it is served. Also, his photos are always gorgeous, and he watermarks every photo he posts. He knows photos are snatched on the web all the time (heck, look at my birthday cake thread), and as a photographer by trade, he wants his protected.

If you find his posts suspicious, that's fine, but please don't run people off when they really haven't done anything wrong.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 10-13-2008, 06:05 PM   #1286
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Leftover white rice from Chinese, chicken breasts that needed to be cooked, a few veggies in the cabinet, and two little packs of left over soy sauce.

Chicken fried rice. It's not bad, but I might bother with the egg and buy sprouts for it next time around... plus it does need more soy sauce, it's a smidge bland.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1040531.jpg (63.7 KB, 331 views)
Old 10-13-2008, 06:08 PM   #1287
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:

As someone who takes pictures of food all the time, I know it is quite possible to take the shots quickly when one is plating the food, before it is served. Also, his photos are always gorgeous, and he watermarks every photo he posts. He knows photos are snatched on the web all the time (heck, look at my birthday cake thread), and as a photographer by trade, he wants his protected.

If you find his posts suspicious, that's fine, but please don't run people off when they really haven't done anything wrong.
I have no history with his posts and wouldn't have believed them real had you not just said so. Neither here nor there on the previous conversation, but struck me as magazine shots... not having any other prior knowledge.

Nevertheless, they are lovely, for sure.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #1288
BeaBea
Man up or move on!

BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!BeaBea keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Hi SVS,
thats fine, I respect your opinion and I apologise to you as Mod if you think I've overstepped the mark. I genuinely did try to compliment Vardon with my first post but found the response it generated to be prickly and defensive.
I wont drag this out any further on the board but have noted your comments.
Tracey
BeaBea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 06:20 PM   #1289
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
I have no history with his posts and wouldn't have believed them real had you not just said so. Neither here nor there on the previous conversation, but struck me as magazine shots... not having any other prior knowledge.

Nevertheless, they are lovely, for sure.
AM, he's posted in this thread a couple of times before, with his watermarked photos (always gorgeous). One time he was criticized for having the watermark. I didn't think it was warranted or fair, so I decided to step up and say something this time, since I was quiet in the past.

Personally, I enjoy his contributions and I hope he continues to post his photos here.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:24 PM   #1290
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
AM, he's posted in this thread a couple of times before, with his watermarked photos (always gorgeous). One time he was criticized for having the watermark. I didn't think it was warranted or fair, so I decided to step up and say something this time, since I was quiet in the past.

Personally, I enjoy his contributions and I hope he continues to post his photos here.
He wasn't criticised, I asked if he always watermarked his pics and I received an angry response, the tone of which actually had others defend ME. He wasn't criticised until he was unneccessarily rude then, as now.

re your previous post, I thought he was a chef, not a photographer, having photography as a hobby. Apologies if Im wrong. I dont want this to drag either, but wanted to defend myself and sort out the photographer as trade part.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 07:25 PM   #1291
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:

I agree, just meant I could understand how the conversation unfolded, not knowing a past history of posting images of that caliber.

Thanks for the clear up!
Old 10-13-2008, 11:36 PM   #1292
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The one photo of Vardon's, the field greens salad?...there really is no part of it that is in focus. It is still a better picture than I can take...but...to me...that says these pictures are his, and that even when time is an issue, they still look pretty darn good... That brownie and ice cream need to be in mah belly!
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 AM   #1293
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

I guess if the authenticity and origin of my photos are being challenged then all I have to say is...thank you? I guess its a backhanded compliment that some people question that I misrepresent the photos I have posted.

I may be sensitive, but I truly cannot understand why anyone would ask about my watermark or ask about the patience of my guests while I snapped pix unless it was actually my integrity under question. I even changed my watermark into my own signature because its damn hard to fake or steal that. I may not be a linguist, but I can't find a "genuine" compliment in BeaBea's first post to me as she claims, although I can spot the animosity in her next post when she says...

"...I'll stop beating around the bush here and tell you flat out that I dont believe you."

So which is it? A compliment or a flat out accusation? It can't be both.

This is a food picture thread. My feelings were hurt that my posts were not accepted at face value. I didn't make any outlandish claims nor try to con anyone into buying swampland. I just posted pictures I shot of food that I made.

I am not a chef, but I love to cook. I am not a food photographer by trade. Why does it matter what I do or who I am in order to post pictures of food and be believed? I put two things that I love together and wanted to share them with the people of Dimensions.

I may be wrong, but I think that trust is a hard thing won on this board. Many have been hurt by trusting others here. I know that there are a lot of men who lie to women here to take advantage of them. That makes people immediately suspicious in the hope of protecting themselves. Maybe that suspicion has spilled over to a little picture thread about everyday food.

So, to all of the detractors, I hope you find a little trust for your fellow man.
To the rest, thanks for a little trust in a fellow Dimmer and to ALL of you i say...RED BEANS AND RICE FOR DINNER!

Last edited by vardon_grip; 10-14-2008 at 12:49 AM.
vardon_grip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 08:57 AM   #1294
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

To be honest vardon_grip I think you may have taken what Beabea said the wrong way. I think she expressed disbelief and shock at your pictures because they're so bloody good. Too good to believe that you shot them whilst you had friends waiting for dinner. If it's true, you know that it's true and it's a GREAT compliment to yourself if your photos are so good that people can't believe you took them

Quote:
Shortbread base, then strawberry creamcheese mixed with regular creamcheese (both light). Half a cup of each, mixed with sugar and vanilla. You spread that over the shortbread, then put the fruit on. Then I made a sauce out of one cup of pineapple juice, 2 tbsp of cornstarch, sugar (quarter of a cup-ish), and lemon juice. Stir that until it thickens and until it nearly broils, then pour it overtop after it cools slightly.
Can I marry you?
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:32 PM   #1295
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
... If it's true, you know that it's true and it's a GREAT compliment to yourself if your photos are so good that people can't believe you took them
I agree it is the ultimate compliment. Now, let's move on and let it go, everyone, please?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:36 PM   #1296
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

wonders how well vardon grip could take a pic of crispy chicken skin Ultimate winner is getting SVS licking the screen lmao!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:38 PM   #1297
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
wonders how well vardon grip could take a pic of crispy chicken skin Ultimate winner is getting SVS licking the screen lmao!
Speaking of crispy skin - how was your Thanksgiving, Brandi? I am way behind on reading here, so if you already posted...oops Hoping for some yummy photos!
Old 10-14-2008, 03:46 PM   #1298
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Cheddar cheese filled pretzels anyone?
Old 10-14-2008, 03:52 PM   #1299
Brandi
The Emotional Cook

Brandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging inBrandi makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Speaking of crispy skin - how was your Thanksgiving, Brandi? I am way behind on reading here, so if you already posted...oops Hoping for some yummy photos!
No yummy pictures this time...Thanksgiving really is a holiday I cannot get into, because my mom died a few days after Thanksgiving in 2003. I really tried this year, but just can't.

My daughter on the other hand told everyone to take a small piece of her mommys pumpkin cheesecake..lol

I'll make up for it SVS, promise!
Brandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:21 PM   #1300
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandi View Post
No yummy pictures this time...Thanksgiving really is a holiday I cannot get into, because my mom died a few days after Thanksgiving in 2003. I really tried this year, but just can't.

My daughter on the other hand told everyone to take a small piece of her mommys pumpkin cheesecake..lol

I'll make up for it SVS, promise!
I know you will, and I am sorry about your mom. *big hugs*

Tags
food, pictures