Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-13-2009, 06:47 PM   #1651
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Greenie...until Patty is here to give her recipe....guacamole is SUPER easy. Here is a recipe similar to what I do. I am pretty easy on the mashing. I like some nice chunks!
-------

4 ripe avocados, peeled, seeded
1 tsp ground cumin
1 ripe, medium Roma tomato, seeded, diced
Cup minced sweet white onion
2 serrano chilies, seeded, minced
Cup chopped cilantro leaves
4 Tbsp fresh lime juice
Hot pepper sauce, sea salt, white pepper to taste

Instructions

Cut avocado in large chunks and mash coarsely in large bowl with a fork. Add remaining ingredients and blend gently - leaving some small chunks is fine. Taste and adjust seasoning with more pepper sauce, salt and pepper if desired.

----

Hell, sometimes, I will just add some favorite salsa to chunky avacados and call it a day. But I like the above the best.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddess Patty Bombshell View Post
Oh Mossy, you are working way too hard on guacamole hehehehe

I use very little ingredients so I get the true flavor of the avocados

I get 2 HAAS avocados and mash them with a fork, no chunks
I then put in 2 tbsp. garlic powder
2 tbsp. lime or lemon juice
1 tsp. salt

and mix up! voila easy and totally authentic really avocadoey guacamole. I LOVE garlic
I have in the past added in half cup sour cream when I want a less avocadoey guacamole

ENJOY!

*makes and passes tacos with guacamole all around the board*
Thank you both- I have always wanted to try and make my own. Something new to look forward to

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
We started Alex on his first solids tonight. It's a bowl of rice cereal with some formula mixed in. He really took to it and ate like twice what the books said that he'd take at first. So here's my every day food pic
This child is too sweet

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonadebrigade View Post
I made cheese scones today.

If those taste anything like the cheese biscuits from Red Lobster, then you MUST post the recipe please

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:01 PM   #1652
Goddess Patty
Here for the buffet :)

Goddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 club

guaca guaca guacaaaaaaaaaaaaa mossy :P
Goddess Patty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #1653
lemonadebrigade

lemonadebrigade can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslemonadebrigade can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslemonadebrigade can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
If those taste anything like the cheese biscuits from Red Lobster, then you MUST post the recipe please
Well, I wouldn't know as I've never been there, but I can assure you they're yummy.

Recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...nes_1287.shtml
lemonadebrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:30 AM   #1654
ChubbyBubbles
Luke's Mommy

ChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW View Post
CB, those strawberries look wonderful! I'll take a box too!

As much I love pics of the food, I have to say CB and Megan's boys are stealing the show today. What adorble little boys, they will surely break many hearts in the years to come.
Awwww...thank you so much. Luke is my heart. (as if you didn't already know that!) As for the strawberries, if I only knew how to package those darn things I could make a fortune! lol!
:happy:
*Coincidence is when God chooses to remain annonymous*
ChubbyBubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 05:35 PM   #1655
Cors
Delurking

Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!Cors keeps pushing the rep limit!

Decent fried chicken with fries, and the most awesome mix of cheddar, herbs, cream cheese and sour cream dip.

Laksa (spicy coconut curry) noodles with prawns and egg!

Gigantic sushi platter!

Gu chocolate pud with vanilla ice cream and summer berries!
Cors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:00 PM   #1656
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Well, I wouldn't know as I've never been there, but I can assure you they're yummy.

Recipe: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/da...nes_1287.shtml
Thank you very much- I owe you some rep

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 02-14-2009, 06:41 PM   #1657
lemonadebrigade

lemonadebrigade can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslemonadebrigade can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeslemonadebrigade can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

You're welcome.

Here are the butterfly cakes I made.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCI002.JPG (107.5 KB, 307 views)
lemonadebrigade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:58 PM   #1658
vardon_grip
Consistently smarmy

vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!vardon_grip keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hab a small heb colb an hobe thab soub will cure me.

Navy Bean soup with chopped ham shank

Old 02-15-2009, 08:01 PM   #1659
D_A_Bunny
www.peaceoneday.org

D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!D_A_Bunny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I want to dive into this plate and stay here for a while. Seriously, please just give me some chopsticks, some soy sauce and some wasabi. Oh, and a napkin and a glass of water would be great. And then, just. back. away.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg l_68e102f4d0144c99941af12176aec04c[1].jpg (40.9 KB, 259 views)
Old 02-16-2009, 01:21 AM   #1660
Hole

Hole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticedHole never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
You're welcome.

Here are the butterfly cakes I made.
Those look so good.
Hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:50 AM   #1661
Goddess Patty

Goddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 clubGoddess Patty is a member of the 500 club

Ohhhhh those butterfly cakes look heavenly!

tonight was tostadas and spanish rice. I forgot to take a pic before I started eating. forgive me lol
Im starting to think I make alot of mexican food.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1725.JPG (96.3 KB, 484 views)
Old 02-16-2009, 06:59 AM   #1662
ChubbyBubbles
Luke's Mommy

ChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions communityChubbyBubbles is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I tried my hand at Spanakopita...all cheese (feta) and no spinach since my hubby does not like spinach. They were still good, but I'd prefer feta AND spinach.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1526.JPG (47.1 KB, 469 views)
Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #1663
Goddess Patty

That looks delicious even without the spinach CB. And that flaky pastry ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBubbles View Post
I tried my hand at Spanakopita...all cheese (feta) and no spinach since my hubby does not like spinach. They were still good, but I'd prefer feta AND spinach.
Old 02-16-2009, 11:01 AM   #1664
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyBubbles View Post
Must agree with Patty, that filo pastry looks wonderful!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 11:03 AM   #1665
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Today I made lots of little spicy lamb meatballs, then made a tomatoey, basily, red winey sauce, for them. Had some of it with fettuccine. Im thinking I should definitely have taken the photo before I piled on the parmesan!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg b.jpg (56.5 KB, 455 views)
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 02:21 PM   #1666
ChubbyBubbles
Luke's Mommy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Must agree with Patty, that filo pastry looks wonderful!
Thank you both! The pastry was very flaky and oh so yummy!!!

Ruby, your lamb meatballs sound fabulous!!!

Last edited by ChubbyBubbles; 02-16-2009 at 02:22 PM. Reason: me = goofy!
Old 02-21-2009, 01:08 PM   #1667
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

To wade in on the guacamole..I'm a purist and I think my recipe is the simplest of all..

avocados as many as you like..mashed but some lumps left
garlic salt to taste
lime juice to taste

and a bunch of tortilla chips
Old 02-21-2009, 04:48 PM   #1668
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Breakfast Cupcakes

These looked so good in the February issue of Cuisine at Home. Had to try them!

Old 02-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #1669
mszwebs
For The WIN.

mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!mszwebs keeps pushing the rep limit!

This was adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe, for Cheeseburger Bread. I don't like regular cheeseburgers, but I thought it would be good with more of a Pizza flair as well.

The "bread" is a roll-out pizza crust, with garlic butter and mozz cheese on top, and the filling is hamburger, mozz, parm and cheddar cheese, black olives and bacon, tossed in Pizza sauce. With more cheese lol.

Pizza Bread 2.jpg

Pizza Bread 1.jpg

Just save a little pizza sauce to dip it in and you're good to go.

It was DAMN good.
BellaZwebs- EXTRA HOT :batting:;):batting:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdog
...what I really mean to say is life is heart wrenchingly beautiful, unresolved, and right now...
Quote:
"That's who they're saving the country from. Me. Fat Me. I'm a terrorist and how I terrorize is by sitting next to you on a plane and throwing my flab to your knee, or some such shit"~ Kevin Smith
mszwebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 06:13 PM   #1670
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
These looked so good in the February issue of Cuisine at Home. Had to try them!

Are those as good as they look?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLadyJ View Post
To wade in on the guacamole..I'm a purist and I think my recipe is the simplest of all..

avocados as many as you like..mashed but some lumps left
garlic salt to taste
lime juice to taste

and a bunch of tortilla chips
I love simple as much as I love avocados

Quote:
Originally Posted by mszwebs View Post
This was adapted from a Rachel Ray recipe, for Cheeseburger Bread. I don't like regular cheeseburgers, but I thought it would be good with more of a Pizza flair as well.

The "bread" is a roll-out pizza crust, with garlic butter and mozz cheese on top, and the filling is hamburger, mozz, parm and cheddar cheese, black olives and bacon, tossed in Pizza sauce. With more cheese lol.

Attachment 59183

Attachment 59184

Just save a little pizza sauce to dip it in and you're good to go.

It was DAMN good.
I was thinking about trying to make some homemade calzone.....this looks like a good start

Old 02-21-2009, 06:15 PM   #1671
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Sweet Tooth has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Are those as good as they look?
I thought they were good. Like a savory cornmeal [light on the cornmeal] pancake with a side of sausage and syrup.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:16 PM   #1672
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet Tooth View Post
I thought they were good. Like a savory cornmeal [light on the cornmeal] pancake with a side of sausage and syrup.
*drools*

You like having guests for breakfast?

Old 02-21-2009, 06:19 PM   #1673
Sweet Tooth
Deep. W i d e.

Quote:
*drools*

You like having guests for breakfast?
I do! Well, so long as it's more brunch time than breakfast.

Recipe is on the recipe sticky thread.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:28 PM   #1674
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm no vardon..lol..but here is my dinner for the evening.

Smoked gouda hamburger steaks..with the cheese inside and out.. baked potato with sauteed mushrooms.

I'm stuffed!

Attachment 59494

Attachment 59495

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 05-20-2012 at 05:40 PM.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:26 PM   #1675
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Two days in a row? Say it isn't so..LOL

Sour Cream Chicken Enchiladas..yummers

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 05-20-2012 at 05:40 PM.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures