Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 AM   #151
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Anudder omelette

Again had omelette, quite a habit on Sundays. This time with tomatoes, chorizo and fresh basil - best idea ever to grow basil on my balcony. For a change i disabled the flash (i'm still a rookie in terms of photography), to the effect that the pics came out a bit dark but i like that slightly mysterious impression.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Omelette-daylight_700.jpg (89.9 KB, 368 views)
File Type: jpg Omelette-daylight_700 #2.jpg (91.0 KB, 363 views)
Old 08-19-2007, 10:10 AM   #152
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Again had omelette, quite a habit on Sundays. This time with tomatoes, chorizo and fresh basil - best idea ever to grow basil on my balcony. For a change i disabled the flash (i'm still a rookie in terms of photography), to the effect that the pics came out a bit dark but i like that slightly mysterious impression.
Oh my..............! I want this SO bad!

and btw - the lighting in the second pic is gorgeous! Very artsy.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:25 PM   #153
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
Toodles, I definitely want to share a New York meal with you sometime. Just so you know. I hope that cheesecake will be involved in some way.
I'm not big on cheesecake, but if you visit the city I'm game. There's actually supposed to be a decent cheesecake near me.

anyway, on to the food.

lentil stew, with brown rice & veggies.

honeydew bubble tea

something called a chicken roll at bubble tea parlor/bakery.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 05:42 PM   #154
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Tonight I made zucchini for dinner. I modified Jamie's fritter recipe that is located here: http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/fo...ad.php?t=26985

I peeled the squash because it was border line and the skin had started to "wrinkle" in a couple of places.

2 cups shredded squash (3 small zucs)
3 medium eggs
3/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon Vegit seasoning
1 tablespoon of Lemon pepper seasoning

Cooked in Greggs gold-n-soft margarine (this is the only margarine I like and it fries the best flavor in)

I stirred all the ingredients together with a fork and dumped it all at once into the pan with margarine melted on medium/high.

Then i flattened the mixture out to the edges of the pan and let it brown, then I cut it with the spatula and turned the pieces and let them brown. I turned them over several times to make them as brown as I could and make sure they were cooked in the center.

IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 06:33 PM   #155
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
Tonight I made zucchini for dinner. I modified Jamie's fritter recipe...
But...but...how was it???

(looks delish!)
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 08-19-2007, 06:44 PM   #156
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft View Post
But...but...how was it???

(looks delish!)
It was pretty good, I was in the mood for zuc. I am not fond of onions in my zuc, but since I am a cheese addict the parmesan cheese was nice.
Old 08-19-2007, 06:49 PM   #157
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Typical EverySunday Dinner: Shake-n-Bake Chicken, with mashed taters, creamed cheesy broccoli, and corn.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg taters.jpg (43.1 KB, 340 views)
Old 08-19-2007, 06:54 PM   #158
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Typical EverySunday Dinner: Shake-n-Bake Chicken, with mashed taters, creamed cheesy broccoli, and corn.
That really looks good. I kinda miss cooking "Sunday dinner". Chicken, mashed tates and a veg was our usual.
Old 08-19-2007, 07:46 PM   #159
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
I think the mashed taters were excited to have the starring role. Sure did humble that chicken!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:16 PM   #160
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I like taters!
Old 08-19-2007, 08:38 PM   #161
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by panhype View Post
Looks heavenly and the photographic quality is great.
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 08:39 PM   #162
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
I'm not big on cheesecake, but if you visit the city I'm game. There's actually supposed to be a decent cheesecake near me.

anyway, on to the food.

honeydew bubble tea

Yummy and fun! Is Bubble Tea tapioca beads?
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 07:38 AM   #163
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

yep, black tapioca pearls. You sip the pearls through an extra wide straw.
Old 08-20-2007, 08:39 AM   #164
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
yep, black tapioca pearls. You sip the pearls through an extra wide straw.
I have got to try this Bubble tea of which you speak.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #165
MissToodles
dead peasant

It would be good for you, especially since it's really low in fat (most are fruit juice or tea mixed with almond/soy milk). Sometimes dairy upsets my stomach but I still want something sweet. Bubble tea hits the spot. Try to find the good stuff, not the slurpee/slushie pretender to the thrown 'bubble tea'.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:34 PM   #166
MissToodles
dead peasant

polenta with gorgonzola & zucchini lightly sauteed and then cooked in chicken broth (from the eating well serves two cookbook), also made two hot turky italian sausage

Old 08-21-2007, 07:41 AM   #167
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Mmms...Toodles that looks yummy!
Old 08-21-2007, 10:55 AM   #168
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

last night was chicken in black bean sauce with rice and mini spring rolls, (supermarket microwave stuff) it was ok, not as good as home made. Then strawberry cheesecake with strawberries and cream -very tasty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg blackbean1.JPG (49.2 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg cheesecake.JPG (40.9 KB, 392 views)
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:02 PM   #169
LoneyFatGirl
On Timeout

LoneyFatGirl has said some nice things

Quote:

anyway, on to the food.

honeydew bubble tea

I've always wanted to try "Bubble Tea"...looks YUMMY!
LoneyFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:20 PM   #170
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
... Then strawberry cheesecake with strawberries and cream -very tasty
YES !!! Meloves strawberry cake. ... Wot? Strawberry cheesecake?.. For me you can leave the cheese away But it looks way delicious as it is right now
Old 08-21-2007, 03:24 PM   #171
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Then strawberry cheesecake with strawberries and cream -very tasty
I think I need a moist towelette and a cigarette.
Old 08-21-2007, 03:26 PM   #172
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Dinner tonight; beef roast, broccoli with cheese and chicken/broccoli/cheese rice. I made an iced coffee to go with it yummy.

Old 08-21-2007, 05:24 PM   #173
SummerG
summer.bigcuties.com

SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SummerG has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

roast beef sandwiches... still eating them as i post this

Spoil Me! http://amzn.com/w/2KHXXPNUCN9EC
SummerG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 05:29 PM   #174
MissToodles
dead peasant

RR- Do you have a recipe for chicken in black bean sauce? Or do you mean restaurant made as in homemade? I just filled my pantry with various Chinese condiments, and raring to go cook some food.
Old 08-21-2007, 05:30 PM   #175
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Made-from-scratch Beef Fried Rice

IMG_5559.jpg
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures