Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-21-2007, 05:32 PM   #176
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
Made-from-scratch Beef Fried Rice

Attachment 25366
share, yes?!
Old 08-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #177
cute_obese_girl
Herbivore

cute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging incute_obese_girl makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
I think I need a moist towelette and a cigarette.
LMAO..it wouldn't let me rep you for that

"What we do for ourselves dies with us. What we do for others and the world remains and is immortal."-Albert Pine
cute_obese_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #178
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Oh yeah, need to find out from you how to make that.... it looks GREAT!!!
Old 08-21-2007, 08:00 PM   #179
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles View Post
RR- Do you have a recipe for chicken in black bean sauce? Or do you mean restaurant made as in homemade? I just filled my pantry with various Chinese condiments, and raring to go cook some food.
I've yet to find actual black beans to make the sauce myself so I usually use bottled black bean sauce from the Chinese supermarket. I prefer pork with it. I just slice a boneless pork chop, sear it on all sides in a little hot oil in the stir fry pan, add some sliced green pepper and quite chunky chopped onion, a bit of garlic then add the sauce and cook a few mins til the pepper is done to my liking.

I would love to find black beans though and how to make my own black bean sauce as I always feel there is too much sauce to bean ratio lol.

A really nice simple thing is to take sliced chicken or beef or pork and start to sear it in a little hot oil, add some broccoli florets, some sesame seeds, fresh minced garlic, ginger (fresh is good but ground ginger is really nice too) and soy sauce. This makes a very nice flavoured dish, and of course only takes a few mins. If you prefer your dish to have visible sauce as such, add a little more of the garlic, ginger and soy sauce then add a little stock (chicken or beef or pork, but not too strong). put a heaped teaspoon of cornstarch into a cup and stir a soupspoon of cold water into it til mixed. When the stock is bubbling in the stirfry pan, pour the cornstarch in while stirring, til the sauce is thickened and glossy.

I make simple sweet and sour with sliced pork again sealed on the outside, I put some garlic (powder) and a little Chinese 5 spice seasoning (just a little)I add little carrot batons, some chopped onion and strips of red pepper. when the pepper is softened slightly I mix in a cup some vinegar (I just use brown malt vinegar), soy sauce, corn starch, white sugar and the juice from a can of pineapple chunks. I pour that onto the meat and veg and stir, it thickens when it starts to bubble. I then add salt to taste and adjust the flavour. If its a little too sour I add a bit more sugar, if too sweet, a spot more vinegar. Lastly I add the pineapple chunks. Its really easy and tastes good! lol.

If you like really spicy, you can add thinly sliced green chillies to the top two recipes.... I prefer Chinese food not so spicy though.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 08:10 PM   #180
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Dinner tonight; beef roast, broccoli with cheese and chicken/broccoli/cheese rice. I made an iced coffee to go with it yummy.

I want all of this, oooooh it looks soo good! Did you make the iced coffee yourself? If so, how do you do it?
Old 08-21-2007, 09:29 PM   #181
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Dinner tonight; beef roast, broccoli with cheese and chicken/broccoli/cheese rice. I made an iced coffee to go with it yummy.

That looks so good. I used to love melted cheese.
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 09:31 PM   #182
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
last night was chicken in black bean sauce with rice and mini spring rolls, (supermarket microwave stuff) it was ok, not as good as home made. Then strawberry cheesecake with strawberries and cream -very tasty
Ruby! That all looks so good!
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 11:04 AM   #183
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Chicken with Garlic sauce from this recipe:

http://www.tigersandstrawberries.com...auce/#comments

during the cooking process, many mishaps ensued.: Fresh water chestnuts are a pain in the ass to peel then slice, so I ended up cutting my finger. Then I burned the garlic, so I had to start again with with a new head of garlic. I'm glad I have a food processor for mincing things. Then I spilled my sauce, so I had to go back and mix up the ingredients. It's pretty tasty, I used less oil then the above recipe called for and it doesn't taste nearly as salty as commerical Chinese food.

Last edited by MissToodles; 08-22-2007 at 11:08 AM.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:20 PM   #184
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

This is a recipe for pork I came up with the other night:

JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 01:22 PM   #185
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Dagnabit.... I so wanted to rep you for this...that roast...sigh...I want roast.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:45 PM   #186
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
I want all of this, oooooh it looks soo good! Did you make the iced coffee yourself? If so, how do you do it?

Thanks Ruby it was delish!

Yes, I made the iced coffee myself. I put about 2 cups of left over morning coffee, ice, a little chocolate syrup, 2 packets of
this cuppuccino mix, and some Mocha Mix coffee creamer together in my chopper and blended it until it was smooth then topped with some sugar free whipped topping my sister left her from her visit last month.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #187
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:

Attachment 25366
This really looks good!
Old 08-22-2007, 04:56 PM   #188
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ruby, I'm confused by your inability to find black beans? You can't find them dry? In a can? Anything?? I'm so lost.

We can get our hands on pretty much any kind of bean anytime... just so odd to me! What about for Mexican food?
Old 08-22-2007, 05:18 PM   #189
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I think she might mean fermented black soybeans, which are staple in the Chinese kitchen.

http://chinesefood.about.com/od/sauc...beanrecipe.htm

Are you sure they don't have them at a local Asian market? I forgot to pick them up during my last run there.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:22 PM   #190
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Tonights dinner is pasta with bread and butter.

marie callendar pasta medley (now with broccoli)
Old 08-22-2007, 05:23 PM   #191
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
Dagnabit.... I so wanted to rep you for this...that roast...sigh...I want roast.
Thanks Jamie its the thought that counts! lol It was very good roast first one I have cooked in my pressure cooker.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:25 PM   #192
MissToodles
dead peasant

I'm always impressed when people take frozen dinners and put them on a real plate. I can't even bother! I really like the cobalt blue dinner plate.
Old 08-22-2007, 05:26 PM   #193
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cute_obese_girl View Post
LMAO..it wouldn't let me rep you for that
It was good for me, I'm glad it was good for you
Old 08-22-2007, 05:32 PM   #194
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
I'm always impressed when people take frozen dinners and put them on a real plate. I can't even bother! I really like the cobalt blue dinner plate.
Since I cook 2 of the frozen dinners (one isn't enough and 2 is a bit too much, but hey I am willing to go the extra mile) I put them on a plate for easier eating, the trays are pretty flimsy.

Thanks I really like these plates too, my daughter got me started on them as a mothers day or bday gift I forget.
Old 08-23-2007, 02:09 AM   #195
panhype
Apréslist

panhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging inpanhype makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Chicken with Garlic sauce from this recipe:...
Looks totally like something i wonna eat too
*bookmarks the recipe*
Old 08-23-2007, 08:16 AM   #196
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Ruby, I'm confused by your inability to find black beans? You can't find them dry? In a can? Anything?? I'm so lost.

We can get our hands on pretty much any kind of bean anytime... just so odd to me! What about for Mexican food?
Yes, I meant the chinese fermented black soy beans. I havent seen them at the local chinese supermarket, despite looking closely. The staff don't understand when I ask them, lol. But I also haven't seen mexican black beans here either, we have black eyed beans, kidney beans, butter beans, haricot...

I used red kidney beans in chilli, and don't need beans for fajitas lol. Mexican food is medium popular here but I don't know of black bean stuff. We dont eat nearly as much of it as you all do, we eat much more Indian and Chinese food.
Old 08-23-2007, 12:59 PM   #197
MissToodles
dead peasant

I went to one of the few authentic Jewish delis left in the country, Liebman's Delicatessen Not a tourist trap like Katz's with $13 pastrami sandwiches to boot, but just a neighborhood institution in the Northern Bronx. They still make their own corned beef/pastrami in house. I can't believe most people would not travel outside of Manhattan to find real treasures. It seems so insular, but perhaps I was born an outer borough girl and will probably die one too. A rant for another board.

And now some photos, I can't find the restaurant thread.

Homemade coleslaw and pickles. I wish they gave us more sour ones. Half sour shouldn't even be called a pickle. I feel you should just go eat cucumber if you want half sour.

pastrami on rye, also know as 'dayum'.

a potato knish, they were wiped out of kasha knishes.

Last edited by MissToodles; 08-23-2007 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:03 PM   #198
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:

Homemade coleslaw and pickles. I wish they gave us more sour ones. Half sour shouldn't even be called a pickle. I feel you should just go eat cucumber if you want half sour.

pastrami on rye, also know as 'dayum'.

a potato knish, they were wiped out of kasha knishes.

That "dayum" pastrami on rye looks so good! Idaho has little to offer in the Jewish deli department so I will never know how good that tastes.
Old 08-23-2007, 06:13 PM   #199
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Tonights dinner was chicken strips, yukon gold potatos and a cranraspberry icey drink.

Ice, a cup and a half of frozen raspberries, cranberry juice cocktail, coffee creamer,
raspberry yogurt, crystal light tropical punch powder.

Last edited by IdahoCynth; 08-23-2007 at 06:16 PM.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:02 AM   #200
JeanC
Fat chick with a gun

JeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this boardJeanC carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
That "dayum" pastrami on rye looks so good! Idaho has little to offer in the Jewish deli department so I will never know how good that tastes.
Idaho has so little to offer in ANYTHING ethnic that the few places there are are gems, esp when living in a college town where what is considered good ethnic is standard Chinese American food Tho we have gotten a really good Mexican place here, actually two that are to die for. I just wish the Indian restaurants survived, I get such a craving for tandoori chicken on occasion.

I could kill for a good Jewish deli, I haven't had a real bagel in 30 years.
JeanC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
food, pictures