Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 08-24-2007, 02:54 PM   #201
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
Tonights dinner was chicken strips, yukon gold potatos and a cranraspberry icey drink.

Ice, a cup and a half of frozen raspberries, cranberry juice cocktail, coffee creamer,
raspberry yogurt, crystal light tropical punch powder.
oh that potato, dripping in melted butter mmmmmm! Thats almost illegal here! And is that potato really gold on the outside? I can see a bit of the skin at the left side of it and it looks almost like gold leaf, how lovely!

Thanks for the coffee recipe, I never thought of trying such a thing before!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #202
Missy9579
Formerly BigCutieViolet!

Missy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging inMissy9579 makes people happy simply by logging in

Holy Cow, i am drooling over Cynths picture, that is a perfect just for me dinner YUM
Old 08-24-2007, 06:12 PM   #203
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
oh that potato, dripping in melted butter mmmmmm! Thats almost illegal here! And is that potato really gold on the outside? I can see a bit of the skin at the left side of it and it looks almost like gold leaf, how lovely!
This was actually my first time trying yukon gold potatoes. They are yellow/gold on the inside and the skin was very thin and yellowish. They were very good, little different flavor than my usual bakers.
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2007, 08:57 PM   #204
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
This was actually my first time trying yukon gold potatoes. They are yellow/gold on the inside and the skin was very thin and yellowish. They were very good, little different flavor than my usual bakers.
Similar to Red potatoes?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #205
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
Similar to Red potatoes?
The texture was like red potatoes. I expected them to taste like reds because they just look like "yellow" reds to me... but the flavor was more "mellow".
Old 08-24-2007, 09:15 PM   #206
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanC View Post
Idaho has so little to offer in ANYTHING ethnic that the few places there are are gems, esp when living in a college town where what is considered good ethnic is standard Chinese American food Tho we have gotten a really good Mexican place here, actually two that are to die for. I just wish the Indian restaurants survived, I get such a craving for tandoori chicken on occasion.

I could kill for a good Jewish deli, I haven't had a real bagel in 30 years.
I was born in Idaho and have never left, so I must "enjoy" all my ethnic food via pictures. I wouldn't know a Jewish deli bagel from an Albertson's bakery made bagel and thats a shame!
Old 08-25-2007, 06:21 PM   #207
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Tonights dinner was mac-n-cheese (velveta, it's in there), ham-n-cheese sandwich and spinich-n-mushroom salad with thousand island dressing. Glass of milk.

I didn't notice this until I went to resize the picture... its looks like there is a little man in my salad.

Old 08-26-2007, 01:38 AM   #208
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Tonights dinner was mac-n-cheese (velveta, it's in there), ham-n-cheese sandwich and spinich-n-mushroom salad with thousand island dressing. Glass of milk.

I didn't notice this until I went to resize the picture... its looks like there is a little man in my salad.

HAAHAHAHAHAHA...the little cartoon guy is so CUTE! That is GREAT!!!!! :-)
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:27 AM   #209
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

LMAO I spotted him in the top pic, then scrolled down and saw you had animated him, brilliant! hahahaha!
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 04:56 PM   #210
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I used barilla plus rotini (full of omega 3), chopped kalamata olives, plum tomatos, garlic, cannelini beans, with grated pecorino and an obviously shoddy job of chopping up basil I also added some red pepper flakes even though the recipe didn't call for it.

sweet & sour tofu over brown rice.

Annnnnd I've been lazy and haven't searched for the new plates stored away in some random corner of my apartment. My apologies for the chipped tablewares.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 06:31 PM   #211
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Tonights dinner was homemade chicken mushroom soup and dumplings. I opened a can of peas to go with it.

I thickened the soup with instant potato flakes, worked out nicely.

Old 08-26-2007, 07:29 PM   #212
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Slow Cooker Beef Stew, dinner salad with freshly baked rolls
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stew.jpg (51.8 KB, 415 views)
Old 08-27-2007, 06:19 PM   #213
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

uno

dos

tres

cheese and beef empanadas. muy bueno.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 PM   #214
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

muy MUY beuno!!!
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 06:59 PM   #215
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post

cheese and beef empanadas. muy bueno.
WANT! I have never had one of those..... I.........need.........one....
Old 08-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #216
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Souuuuuuuuup!

Have empanada, will travel?
Old 08-27-2007, 08:15 PM   #217
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Default Josie's Enchilada Plate

I know I can't compete with Souper's Empanadas... but..

Three-Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Friday Sauce. (With beans and rice)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ench.jpg (40.8 KB, 381 views)
Old 08-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #218
supersoup

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
WANT! I have never had one of those..... I.........need.........one....
*so* easy to make.

we got a loaf of italian bread dough from the local bakery, made some beef with loads of seasonings and let it cool. cut off hunks of the dough and flattened it into rounds, filled it with the beef, then some cheese, crimped the edges with a fork, and fried the bad boys up in some peanut oil. good eats i say! next time, i'm gonna put some potatoes in it too, diced real small.
Old 08-27-2007, 08:46 PM   #219
supersoup

Quote:
I know I can't compete with Souper's Empanadas... but..

Three-Cheese Chicken Enchiladas with Friday Sauce. (With beans and rice)
trade, yes?!
Old 08-27-2007, 08:59 PM   #220
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Actually, I've never had empanadas with a meat filling.. rather with a dessert filling.. like peach.. cherry.. bavarian cream.. chocolate pudding.. etc etc.
Old 08-27-2007, 09:59 PM   #221
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Similar to Red potatoes?
Yukon Golds make the best mashed potatoes ever. Promise!
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #222
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Shepard's Pie (with skin-on mashed taters)

IMG_5566.jpg
Old 08-28-2007, 06:32 PM   #223
MisticalMisty

MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.MisticalMisty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Lasagne with italian sausage

It's really good..but next time I wanna add mushrooms and a few other things I think

Last edited by MisticalMisty; 09-02-2007 at 09:21 PM.
MisticalMisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #224
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankySpice View Post
Shepard's Pie (with skin-on mashed taters)

Attachment 25909
Now that looks like a tomato sauce-based Shepherd's Pie...
post recipe pls thx!
Old 08-29-2007, 03:51 AM   #225
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

Actually, it's not tomato sauce based at all, but I do add some brown gravy to the meat, which bubbled up over the sides and then caramelized on the top. Other than the gravy, it's pretty much your basic shepard's pie recipe!

Tags
food, pictures