Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Fat sexuality

Old 07-26-2007, 10:22 PM   #1
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board
Default Hispanic women

I was in a Walmart last night picking up a quick item I needed when I realized how many Hispanic women were in there with me. I was struck at how traditionally beautiful so many of them were. Their bodies were fat and round, no tone at all, just beautiful fluffy softness from head to toe, and they wore clothes that showed it all off. I know this phenomena has been discussed before but it really surprised me. I felt like I had gone back in time, as if all the pressures on women to be unfeminine and boyish didn't exist anymore.

It was so refreshing.
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:37 PM   #2
pudgy
Dazed

pudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 club

I live in an area with a fairly large Hispanic population, and - you're right - they seem to be fairly large. I suppose their exotic look entices us to be all the more attracted to them.

I've noticed that both Hispanic and Hawaiian cultures (I live in Hawaii right now) seem both to be more carefree when it comes to weight and showing off that weight. My only guess as to why is that it seems both cultures seem to be more community-based as opposed to individual based, and thus caring about the family or whatever community you belong in is more important than hiding a couple of pounds.

Or maybe they just know they look good!
pudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 10:59 PM   #3
Jay West Coast
Witness to the Thickness

Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!Jay West Coast keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgy View Post
I live in an area with a fairly large Hispanic population, and - you're right - they seem to be fairly large. I suppose their exotic look entices us to be all the more attracted to them.

I've noticed that both Hispanic and Hawaiian cultures (I live in Hawaii right now) seem both to be more carefree when it comes to weight and showing off that weight. My only guess as to why is that it seems both cultures seem to be more community-based as opposed to individual based, and thus caring about the family or whatever community you belong in is more important than hiding a couple of pounds.

Totally. Also, both cultures have had a tradition of looking upon a fuller figure as a positive rather than a negative. Both are/have succumbed to a more western ideal, but sometimes I wonder if the old ways echo enough that it makes it harder to get as bent out of shape about it. (HA!)
Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 AM   #4
pgsmith

pgsmith has said some nice things

I defiantly agree about the Hispanic women lots of them are large and lovely
pgsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:14 AM   #5
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I concur. I spent part of my childhood in San Diego where there is a huge Hispanic population, and it did seem MUCH more accepting of varying body types, and larger women were celebrated.

A fine thing, I say.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:27 AM   #6
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pudgy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay West Coast View Post
Totally. Also, both cultures have had a tradition of looking upon a fuller figure as a positive rather than a negative. Both are/have succumbed to a more western ideal, but sometimes I wonder if the old ways echo enough that it makes it harder to get as bent out of shape about it. (HA!)
Or maybe it's just that nobody is as uptight as honkies.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
pudgy
Dazed

pudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I think you've hit the nail on the head.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:05 AM   #8
sockratezz

sockratezz can now change their title
Cool In Agreement

The Hispanic, African-American, Samoan and a few more communities view the fuller figure in a more positive light. A lot of cultures also equate weight gain in a relationship or marriage as the signs of a happy marriage. In fact I believe in the Samoan culture if your spouse isn't large then you aren't fulfilling your marital duties.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #9
Waxwing
Reckless Hero

Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Waxwing has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sockratezz View Post
The Hispanic, African-American, Samoan and a few more communities view the fuller figure in a more positive light. A lot of cultures also equate weight gain in a relationship or marriage as the signs of a happy marriage. In fact I believe in the Samoan culture if your spouse isn't large then you aren't fulfilling your marital duties.
That seems totally reasonable. You think of a good relationship as nuturing and happy. I can definitely see how eating well goes hand in hand with that.
Old 07-27-2007, 11:11 AM   #10
Lucky Jackson
I wanna be your snack

Lucky Jackson can now change their title

Quote:
In fact I believe in the Samoan culture if your spouse isn't large then you aren't fulfilling your marital duties.
ha ha! I love that, i'm all for that philosophy
Lucky Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:46 PM   #11
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

Same here. As for hispanic women, its not just that they tend to be quite round, but they tend to keep that roundness below the waist more often than not. I haven't seen many white women with most of their weight only on their butt, hips, and thighs.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:30 PM   #12
sockratezz

sockratezz can now change their title
Red face It seems...

Most Hispanic and African-American woman tend to gain in their hips, thighs and butts. I try not to make generalizations but this is my observations. I remember this lady in the church I grew up in. When I was younger I remember her always being "THICK". I went back to that church recently and found that the years had been very good to her. She must have gained at least 150+ lbs in the past 10 years since the last time I saw her. She gained most of it in her hips, legs, and butt. Good googly moogly. She is about 10 years my senior but did I have a crush on her when I was younger and she was still as cute 10 years later.
Old 07-27-2007, 05:34 PM   #13
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hispanic women are gorgeous, African American women are gorgeous, Australian Hungarian women are gorgeous. I think women of each cultural group has a special unique beauty that sets them apart.It is nice to appreciate it all I would think. Susannah
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:39 PM   #14
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
In fact I believe in the Samoan culture if your spouse isn't large then you aren't fulfilling your marital duties.

So..ummm..basically you are saying that they all end up bursting like overblown balloons ?

you know, cuz one looks at the spouse and sees they are not bigger than you and the spouse is doing the same..and.so..etc..etc..yup
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:41 PM   #15
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubbyadmirer86 View Post
Same here. As for hispanic women, its not just that they tend to be quite round, but they tend to keep that roundness below the waist more often than not. I haven't seen many white women with most of their weight only on their butt, hips, and thighs.
Well, it's not like they 'keep it' there..it just goes there..otherwise, we could all just will our fat to go where we want it.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:54 PM   #16
pgsmith

Quote:
Originally Posted by mossystate View Post
Well, it's not like they 'keep it' there..it just goes there..otherwise, we could all just will our fat to go where we want it.
That would be nice wouldn't it ???
Old 07-27-2007, 11:00 PM   #17
cazagordas

cazagordas has said some nice things

that "latina" body is very usual, it's just a racial thing, latin woman tend to store more fat on their hips, legs and butts...
I live in Ecuador (LatinAmerica), and we definitely like our women with curves. I think that for the average man, the ideal of beauty is curvier than the it would be in other countries, like in the US, for example...
Still, when a woman leaves the "curvy" qualification and enters the "fat" field... It starts being less desirable (for the average guy).

It would be interesting making a social study about the percentage of FAs here and in other countries... My guess is that the results may be very similar...

There are plenty of plump women in here, but I rarely see a SSBBW around here... Goddess-like beauties like the girls you find here in Dimensions... I might have met only one here...
cazagordas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:17 AM   #18
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

I think that's probably due to differences in societies. People here in America tend to eat more unhealthy (i.e fast foods) food and lead more sedentary lives than people in other countries.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:38 PM   #19
plumpum

plumpum has said some nice things

Hispanic BBWs are VERY sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
plumpum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:18 AM   #20
pgsmith

[QUOTE=plumpum;512931]Hispanic BBWs are VERY sexy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!QUOTE]

You bet they are, at one time in my life I supervised crews that I took to different towns everyday, and let me tell you I had seen just about everything. Too bad I was their boss Wish I could have done more with more than one of them
Old 07-30-2007, 07:13 AM   #21
Upstate New York Foodee
Sick of poli-tricks

Upstate New York Foodee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesUpstate New York Foodee can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
Nothing ruins a thread like a crappy generalization. If the generalization was about any other race warnings or bannings would probably have been issued to the commenter. I don't know why taking pot shots at white people isn't as scoffed at as taking pot shots at people of other races, especially on a board where a lot of folks are of the PC variety. This is the first time I've actually called out somebody on something like that. I'm just tired of this pop culture ignoring the fact that making negative comments about Caucasians is as bad as making negative comments about Asians, African Americans and Hispanics. It's okay for Snoop Dogg to say to Monk "You're the whitest white boy I know and I've met Kevin Costner". It's okay to make movies like "Who's Your Caddy?" that portray the snobby white country club snob stereotype. A movie whose slogan is about "Grabbing tradition by it's little white balls" and Ice Cube, who supports/used to support Nation of Islam and writes songs like "Cave Bitch" that tell black men to kidnap worthless white women for ransom now makes kid friendly movies and is the new media darling.

I had to say it.
Upstate New York Foodee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 07:58 AM   #22
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upstate New York Foodee View Post
Nothing ruins a thread like a crappy generalization. If the generalization was about any other race warnings or bannings would probably have been issued to the commenter. I don't know why taking pot shots at white people isn't as scoffed at as taking pot shots at people of other races, especially on a board where a lot of folks are of the PC variety. This is the first time I've actually called out somebody on something like that. I'm just tired of this pop culture ignoring the fact that making negative comments about Caucasians is as bad as making negative comments about Asians, African Americans and Hispanics. It's okay for Snoop Dogg to say to Monk "You're the whitest white boy I know and I've met Kevin Costner". It's okay to make movies like "Who's Your Caddy?" that portray the snobby white country club snob stereotype. A movie whose slogan is about "Grabbing tradition by it's little white balls" and Ice Cube, who supports/used to support Nation of Islam and writes songs like "Cave Bitch" that tell black men to kidnap worthless white women for ransom now makes kid friendly movies and is the new media darling.

I had to say it.
I'd have to argue with that! I think considering Caucasians basically ruled the world for most of the last two millennia, and the bad stuff we've done to so many other cultures, I think we've tacitly admitted we're willing to take a few jokes. And while the first two honestly are nothing to get worked up over, Ice Cube's material was a bit...rough. But hey, that's artistic expression, and if he wanted to move on to nicer fare, what's the harm in that?

But this is all quite OT.
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:36 PM   #23
pudgy
Dazed

Quote:
Nothing ruins a thread like a crappy generalization.
Or condemnation. That does it quite well, too.

I dunno....I guess in a perfect world us honkies (or crackers or haoles or slave owners or Conquistadors or tyrants) would all get the respect that deep down we beg for. But

1) No one better makes fun of one's self than...one's self.
2) I'm confident enough in myself, my skin color, my sexual preferences, my whatever to be able to jack a jab and not get all in an uproar about it.
3) Some people (people groups) need to be made fun of.

And in a philosophic/linguistic note: life would be much more difficult without generalizations. What would you have us do instead: "Most Hispanic women are beautiful, but some are undoubtfully ugly"?

No. Hispanic women are beautiful. White people need to pull the burrs out of their butts (and eyes and mouths and sexual organs).

And Hispanic women are beautiful.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:45 PM   #24
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hi, I personally see beauty in women of all cultural groups. I am also attracted to men of different ethnic backgrounds. Always have been.Life is wonderful and lush because of diversity in my mind. Susannah
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:52 PM   #25
tjw1971

tjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Smile I hear you, but.....

Personally, I'd rather people got over all this "racial sensitivity" - to the point where ALL of us could actually make these kind of jokes or comments without automatically triggering a reaction of "OMG! Racism!"

I'm as sick and tired as any white male of hearing a vocal minority of blacks whining endlessly about "whitey" keeping them down, because a famous work of literature used the "n word" on one page, or because some radio "shock jock" made a few comments they didn't like, or you name it.....

At the same time though, the main reason I don't like hearing them complain is because I know that if the tables were turned, I can laugh at them making white jokes about guys like me. I don't pretend to act/feel like it's preventing me from making something out of my life.

As for people like Ice Cube making kids' shows .... That's really part of a long line of celebs cashing in on the market for children's television, books and movies. (Look at the Thomas the Tank Engine TV shows. They're voiced by George Carlin, of all people! Would you take your kid to one of HIS comedy shows though?)

Quote:

I had to say it.
tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote