Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board

Old 08-15-2007, 07:15 AM   #1
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Fat folk, when was the last time you....

Responding to CurvyEm's entreaty to start more threads, here are some silly questions, with no particular point to them--I just thought they might be interesting.

(I'll leave it up to everyone to decide for themselves if they are 'fat' or not)

Ran for more than a few steps?

Played a team sport?

Rode a bike?

Touched your toes?

Jumped over something?

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, etc)
Old 08-15-2007, 07:18 AM   #2
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ran for more than a few steps? Does crossing a road count? Coz the time before that was like 5 years ago

Played a team sport? in high school

Rode a bike? when I was about 18 lol It was horrid so I gave up.

Touched your toes? just now :P I had an itchy toe.

Jumped over something? Hmmmm I really can't remember :P

Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:20 AM   #3
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I asked, so I'll answer. Mind you, I'm not all that fat (220-ish at 5'8")

Played a team sport?

At a picnic a few weeks ago we played a bit of pick up ultimate frisbee, so I did both of those then. I do run short distances occasionally, although not so fast as I used to. Before then it had probably been a few years since I'd done any sort of team sport, some pick-up soccer where I sprained my ankle.

Rode a bike?
This morning!

Touched your toes?
I have no idea. I think I can do though.

Jumped over something?
No particular idea, but I can jump over smaller obstacles, I'm sure.

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, etc)[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm, I was up a ladder this spring, patching our eaves. I was up in a couple of apple trees while helping to pick apples last fall, but apple trees are pretty easy to climb, and I did not go out onto the smaller limbs!

Regards;

-Ed
Old 08-15-2007, 07:21 AM   #4
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ran for more than a few steps? It was a year ago at my nephew's birthday party

Played a team sport? 1991

Rode a bike? The freaking 80's

Touched your toes? This morning.

Jumped over something? everyday

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, etc) Two days ago, I climbed a ladder to take down and put back up my blinds.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:26 AM   #5
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hi, I think you can be fat and be fit. I last exercised today, and I do it pretty faithfully as I wish to keep my health in check and the MS at bay. I love being a BBW though.
Susannah
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:34 AM   #6
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!Ample Pie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Of course you can be fat and fit, but that isn't exactly what the spirit of this thread is about...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
Hi, I think you can be fat and be fit. I last exercised today, and I do it pretty faithfully as I wish to keep my health in check and the MS at bay. I love being a BBW though.
Susannah
Old 08-15-2007, 07:38 AM   #7
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Well I was just giving my opinion Rebecca, and I am entitled to do that.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:41 AM   #8
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
Well I was just giving my opinion Rebecca, and I am entitled to do that.
Obviously. And I was just letting you know this thread isn't so much about fitness and that no one here is suggesting that fat and fitness are mutually exclusive.

Also, puppies are cute and that's my opinion.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:43 AM   #9
Shosh
Susannah

It is interesting how you come out of the woodwork to have a passive aggressive go at me. At other times it is not so subtle. You don't like me. Whatever.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:45 AM   #10
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

Ran for more than a few steps? The other day, when I was chasing a 20 dollar bill that slipped away from me.

Played a team sport? Back when I was 6. T-ball, and such.

Rode a bike? Mackinac Island - August 2007

Touched your toes? The other day when I cut my toenails.

Jumped over something? Jumped over something?!? Hmm. Well. I had to jump over a fence last Halloween. Don't ask me why.

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, etc) Never, terrified of heights.
~da rev~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:48 AM   #11
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
It is interesting how you come out of the woodwork to have a passive aggressive go at me. At other times it is not so subtle. You don't like me. Whatever.
Yeah. I don't like you.

BFD, you aren't the sunshine of my world.

But look around and you'll see that the people who love the Weight board are working to keep in on track--which is to stick to the sexual aspects of weight and gaining, etc.

This thread is a part of that and I didn't want to see it disolve into a discussion about fitness/fatness--when everyone here already knows they aren't mutually exclusive. That's all.
Old 08-15-2007, 07:49 AM   #12
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quick question to the OP...when you say "touch your toes" do you mean from a standing position or just in general?
Old 08-15-2007, 07:53 AM   #13
chunkeymonkey
Happy to be here

chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ran for more than a few steps? Well I run everyday mainly I have 2 boys ages 4 and 7 who run when I go to put them in time out. I think its the only reason the run for me to excersise.

Played a team sport? Man that would be grade 9 ummmm math time...1989 I used to be in Track and I played doubles in badminton LOL I think that might be a clearly Canadian thing.

Rode a bike? wow ok that would be a lil girl I had the sweet woven basket with the little tassels on my handle bars and to boot the styling gems in the spokes of my wheels....... I was such a fly lil girl then

Touched your toes? Well I paint my toes on a regular basis so atleast once a week.

Jumped over something? everyday my house is littered with toys its like walking through a mine field somedays.

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, etc) Two days ago, I climbed a ladder to paint and put up my sons pictures and sports stuff He wanted a Colts Football room......So I painted his room.
chunkeymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 07:54 AM   #14
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Susannah
Susannah;

We all know you can be fat and fit--but there are all sorts of things you can do to be fit. For some people part of the erotic appeal of being fat is things that being fat makes more challenging. So I thought it would be interesting what some of the fat people here do and do not do. I'm glad that you are active, but that is not the point of the thread.

Regards;

-Ed
Old 08-15-2007, 07:55 AM   #15
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
Yeah. I don't like you.

BFD, you aren't the sunshine of my world.

But look around and you'll see that the people who love the Weight board are working to keep in on track--which is to stick to the sexual aspects of weight and gaining, etc.

This thread is a part of that and I didn't want to see it disolve into a discussion about fitness/fatness--when everyone here already knows they aren't mutually exclusive. That's all.
Well I don't like you either, so the feeling is mutual believe me. I was unaware of any issues re the weight board also.I have been trying to keep on track with things the best i can.
I just gave my opinion, sorry that i didn't ponder it for three hours and try to make it look quirky and Uber intelligent like some.
Susannah
Old 08-15-2007, 07:59 AM   #16
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebecca View Post
Quick question to the OP...when you say "touch your toes" do you mean from a standing position or just in general?
I should have been clearer: I meant touch your toes with your legs straight—either standing and leaning over, or seated with your leg stretched out in front of you.

-Ed
Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #17
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
I should have been clearer: I meant touch your toes with your legs straight—either standing and leaning over, or seated with your leg stretched out in front of you.

-Ed
Sorry Ed if I didn't understand your questions. Peace. Susannah
Old 08-15-2007, 08:04 AM   #18
Ample Pie
Fattitude Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post

-Ed
Okay, then, the last time I touched my toes while standing was in 2005. I can do it seated with them stretched out, but of course, my hanging belly pushes them way apart so it likely doesn't count
Old 08-15-2007, 10:03 AM   #19
CrankySpice
Unwashed.

CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!CrankySpice has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

May. We were having an impromtu watergun fight at work. Great fun.

Played a team sport?

Um...does the above count? If not, prolly...1997? Volleyball. Or last summer, if Bocce Ball counts.

Rode a bike?

Can't remember. Quite a while, though.

Touched your toes?

Just now, to see if I could do it, but damn, did it strain my upper abs and the back of my calves.

Jumped over something?

sometime in the last couple of weeks, I'm sure, my dogs are always underfoot.

early last spring, probably May 2006. Cleaning gutters.
CrankySpice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:18 AM   #20
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

**Almost everyday when rushing to catch the El

Played a team sport?

**Highschool

Rode a bike?

** Last summer, I need a new bike

Touched your toes?

** This moring
Jumped over something?

** Yesterday

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, et

** Probably a year or two ago
Old 08-15-2007, 10:22 AM   #21
Zandoz
Highly irregular

Location: Turn left at the Pharos, then right at the library...Alexandria KY
Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Zandoz has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Ran for more than a few steps? Probably 20-25 years ago

Played a team sport? Organized, never...casual, probably 30-35 years ago

Rode a bike? About 11 years ago

Touched your toes? I can't remember ever being able to

Jumped over something? 40+ years

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, etc) If a step ladder qualifies as a ladder, 3 years ago...otherwise probably 5-6 years ago

Blessed is he who has learned to laugh at himself, for he shall never cease to be entertained. -- John Boswell

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a fool -- William Shakespeare, As You Like It, Act II, Scene VII

History doesn't repeat itself - at best it sometimes rhymes -- Mark Twain

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Zandoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:32 AM   #22
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Man, I can't even remember. I'd say somewhere around 20 years ago give or take.

Played a team sport?
I played water volleyball last summer.

Rode a bike?
over ten years ago

Touched your toes?
This morning.

Jumped over something?
Two months ago. Jumped over a puddle to get to the curb, or more like straddle hopped.

Last year at one of the BBW weekends I climbed a ladder to get out of the swimming pool. Totmacher and toni cheered me on, I didn't think I'd make it.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 10:59 AM   #23
LJ Rock

LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!LJ Rock has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

It's been a while since I've had a good run... a few years at least. I remember about 4 years back when I didn't have a car, there were more than a few times when was literally running late for work. lol

Played a team sport?

As far as being on an official team or organized thing, a good 20 years. Last time a played a casual pick up game was probably about 2 years ago, shooting hoops out on Martha's Vinyard with the boys.

Rode a bike?

It's been so long since I've even owned a working bicycle, I can't even remember the last time I rode a bike... probably been about 18-20 years!

Touched your toes?
A couple months ago I was on this little kick where I was trying to do a few sit ups and push ups everyday... it didn't last too long. lol I can still just barely touch the tips of my toes if I really try hard.

Jumped over something?
The last time I can recall "jumping" over something of any significant height or size was about 12 years ago; I was hopping a fence and I fell and sprained my ankle.

I had to climb a very high ladder about 3 years ago when I briefly took a job as a house painter.... I think I might have lasted about a week at that job.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:15 PM   #24
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, I was born with some pieces of bone missing in my ankles, so running makes it incredibly easy for me to break a leg/sprain an ankle/whatever. I do trot sometimes, though. Running to catch a train, you know.

Played a team sport?

Never? I don't like team sports. Well, not playing them.

Rode a bike?

Don't know how to ride a bike. The chunk of my life when I would have learned was spent in the moutains, where it would have been horribly difficult to learn.

Touched your toes?

Today. Still can.

Jumped over something?

Uhh...depends what kind of thing. Playstation cord? Today. Fence? Never.

Ladder-- recently. Never learned to climb a tree/rope/whatever.
Old 08-15-2007, 05:21 PM   #25
elle camino
shitclock's tickin.

elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!elle camino keeps pushing the rep limit!

Ran for more than a few steps? the last time i was late for a bus...so maybe like 2 weeks ago.

Played a team sport? NEVAR. no seriously, never.

Rode a bike? when i was like 10.

Touched your toes? right after i read this question.

Jumped over something? um...this morning? i have a cluttered apartment.

Climbed a ladder (or tree, rope, etc) the other weekend to get onto my friend's roof to chuck water balloons at the rest of my dweeby friends in her backyard.
elle camino is offline   Reply With Quote