Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 04-05-2006, 09:07 PM   #26
Blackjack_Jeeves
I'm a pepper, too...

Blackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions communityBlackjack_Jeeves is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
It's automatic, we don't need to flip a switch or anything. Last I knew, it was over 100 posts and over 30 rep points, but perhaps Conrad decided to change that in some way. Hmm.
Well I've managed to change mine with only about 30 points and 70 posts... the point count might be right, but I think the post count is definitely lower.
"It is difficult to produce a television documentary that is both incisive and probing when every twelve minutes one is interrupted by twelve dancing rabbits singing about toilet paper." - Rob Serling

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond them into the impossible." - Arthur C. Clarke

"Isn't it interesting that the same people who laugh at science fiction listen to weather forecasts and economists?" - Kevin Throop III
Blackjack_Jeeves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 10:12 PM   #27
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatAndProud
Argh...I finally got 31 rep points and I still am not able to change the name thing!!

I went to User CP > Edit Profile > Optional Information and there's only Instant Messaging, Home Page URL and Date of Birth.

Does it take time for it to be ok'd by moderators or something? (I just got it about 10 minutes ago.)

I think it took me 40 or 50 rep points before I was able to change my thingy majiggy. But I don't remember.
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2006, 08:10 AM   #28
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Yay now it worked after AnnMarie gave me more rep points Thanks!
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 05:09 PM   #29
Timberwolf
back.

Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!

How does this "Report bad post" - Button work?
(This warning sign like button right hand of the rep button)
What is its intention?
"Do not try this at home"
warning.

-Zandoz-
It's the self-acceptance that makes the beauty.
-Waxwing-
"A woman without a belly is no woman."
- arabian proverb -
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Empty wall?
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 08:46 PM   #30
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timberwolf
How does this "Report bad post" - Button work?
(This warning sign like button right hand of the rep button)
What is its intention?

Reporting a post:
That button is used to report posts that are in violation of the rules of the boards, or something that you'd like to bring to the attention of moderators/administrators.

Simply hit the button to the left of the post text that looks like a triangle with a "!" in it, and add a comment if you'd like. The post will be emailed, along with your comment, and action will be taken if necessary.

Hope that helps!
Old 04-25-2006, 03:04 PM   #31
Timberwolf
back.

Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!Timberwolf keeps pushing the rep limit!

Yep! Thanks!
"Do not try this at home"
warning.

-Zandoz-
It's the self-acceptance that makes the beauty.
-Waxwing-
"A woman without a belly is no woman."
- arabian proverb -
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Empty wall?
Timberwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:12 PM   #32
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

To make a signature line at the bottom of your posts:

Go to your User CP -- you'll see it up under the Dimensions logo at the top left or your screen, along the blue bar. click on it. Then on the left, under where it says Control Panel, you'll see a link that says Edit Signature. You click on that and there you are: a box where you can change your sig.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:57 AM   #33
Paul Fannin
On Timeout

Paul Fannin is a member of the 500 clubPaul Fannin is a member of the 500 clubPaul Fannin is a member of the 500 clubPaul Fannin is a member of the 500 clubPaul Fannin is a member of the 500 clubPaul Fannin is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by saucywench
How do you create a hotlink in here? An example as you have used before is to have the word Here be a link to what you want to point out. That's not an actual hotlink; I just faked it to look like one.
mmmmm Hot links....
Paul Fannin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 09:20 AM   #34
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Wow! Very useful thread.... Many thanks for all the information. It cleared up a few questions I've had. I may be a newbie, but I try not to be obvious about it.

Thank you to all who posted.

If I had rep I'd spread it, but I don't, so warm fuzzies for everyone!
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 05:25 AM   #35
Kimbo

Kimbo has said some nice things
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
How to post a picture when you don't already have it on the web.

To place a picture in your profile.

Go to User Control Panel> Edit Profile Picture. Under where it says "Custom Profile Picture, use the browse button to browse your hard drive, finding the picture you want and then press "Save Changes."

To put a picture in a post.

Scroll down below the dialogue box you're typing in to make your post. See the bar/button that says "Manage Attachments"? Click it. Now, when the window pops up, you go to the area at the top that says "Upload File from your Computer" and hit the "Browse" button. Then search your compy for the pic you want to post and select it, then hit Upload. When it's done uploading, scroll down in the little window and hit the "Close Window" button. Then finish your post, or whatever and hit "Submit Reply." Voila! you're done.
Hi Tina,

Sorry to be a pain, but I keep trying to add a new piccie for my avatar but it says it can't resize it and that I should do it manually ( which, stupidly, I have no idea how to)........ please help little ol' me :-(
Kim
Old 06-20-2006, 10:36 AM   #36
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimbo
Hi Tina,

Sorry to be a pain, but I keep trying to add a new piccie for my avatar but it says it can't resize it and that I should do it manually ( which, stupidly, I have no idea how to)........ please help little ol' me :-(
Kim
You need to use a picture editing program like Photoshop, or PhotoSuite, etc... you probably have something that came free on your computer, or you could do a quick search online (google) for a free image editing tool.

Your avatar must be 80x80 pixels or smaller, and under the stated kb size.

AM
Old 06-20-2006, 10:41 AM   #37
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Kim, how big is the file size of the picture?

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 01:11 AM   #38
Kimbo

Kimbo has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
Kim, how big is the file size of the picture?

Thanks for the help Anne-Marie and Tina.

I have managed to get the file size within the size......but it's the pixels dimensions I am struggling with, but I WILL get there haha!!
Old 06-21-2006, 06:31 PM   #39
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie
Changing Your Custom User Title

You can change your Custom User Title (words under your name, over your avatar) when you reach at least 100 posts (you'll become Senior Member), and get at least 30 rep points. **Conrad, if it's ONLY 30 rep points and post count is not an issue, please let me know or edit this**

When that happens, if you'd like to change your User Title, you do this:

User CP > Edit Profile > Optional Information

You type in your new User Title, then scroll to the bottom and click "Save Changes" - Voila!

Hmmm... I have reached both these milestones and still am unable to change the Custom User Title.

I guess I shall continue to particiapte and check back often.

Unless anyone has a suggestion.
Old 06-21-2006, 06:35 PM   #40
Esme

It works now...

ala Emily Litella: "Nevermind"
Old 06-27-2006, 06:25 PM   #41
swamptoad
Berry Good!

swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!swamptoad keeps pushing the rep limit!

This is a really broad perspective of How To/What is it? subject matter pertaining to -----> Glossary of Internet & Web Jargon.

http://www.lib.berkeley.edu/Teaching.../Glossary.html

Basically, you can find stuff there that you already know about and more.

Old 07-26-2006, 08:54 PM   #42
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme
Hmmm... I have reached both these milestones and still am unable to change the Custom User Title.

I guess I shall continue to particiapte and check back often.

Unless anyone has a suggestion.
I am also having this issue... maybe it knows I'm checking too frequently... lol
(I don't even know what I'd change it to, but I just want to! ha ha)
Old 07-26-2006, 09:52 PM   #43
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

All better!
Old 08-01-2006, 04:08 PM   #44
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ummmm...I have a general 'dumb as rocks when it comes to computers'...question...I want to have my avatar pic be as large as some here...but ..how do you resize a big old file to the point where it fits here..but still keeps some of its youthful looks....every time I attempt to reduce a picture..it gets all blurry......please dont laugh...heh.....

Last edited by mossystate; 08-01-2006 at 04:10 PM.
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 10:18 PM   #45
BigBeautifulMe
That was a heart.

BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.BigBeautifulMe has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hello. I tried looking for more information on rep, and was unable to find any. I read this thread all the way through, and looked through the FAQ's, but the link that claims to be more information on rep is a dead link. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I get the basic gist of things, but I still don't see the "green boxes" a previous poster referred to - how do you tell how much rep someone has? Inquiring minds want to know.

And for future newbies looking here for information on resizing photos for your avatar, it is pretty simple to do in MSPaint. All you have to do is open MSPaint, go to file --> open, find your image and open it. Then you just go to Image --> Stretch/Skew and enter a percentage in the "stretch" boxes (nothing in "skew"). Guesstimatation is okay. I usually start out with 50%. Do this until you think the image is approximately the right size. Then you go to Image --> Attributes, and it will tell you how many pixels wide and how many pixels tall your image is. Keep "stretching" it until it fits the pixel requirement.

It sounds more complicated than it is, I promise!
BigBeautifulMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:38 PM   #46
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default question!

I notice in some people's profiles that you can't check the time/date they were last on. And these are people who post some what regularly or every day. How do you do this?
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #47
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
I notice in some people's profiles that you can't check the time/date they were last on. And these are people who post some what regularly or every day. How do you do this?
I believe this happens with members who have set themselves to invisible, so you can't view any information about when they're on or have been on.

The setting for this is in the User Control Panel, first box under *Edit Options*.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 12:57 PM   #48
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBeautifulMe
Hello. I tried looking for more information on rep, and was unable to find any. I read this thread all the way through, and looked through the FAQ's, but the link that claims to be more information on rep is a dead link. Is there somewhere else I should be looking?

I get the basic gist of things, but I still don't see the "green boxes" a previous poster referred to - how do you tell how much rep someone has? Inquiring minds want to know.
Conrad changed the color of the rep boxes so they don't show anymore. The rep system is still up and running, you just can't see the boxes anymore.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:15 PM   #49
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default clueless

I can't figure out how to respond to a "rep" comment (say, if it has a question in it)--do you just send them a message?

thanks!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #50
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va)
I can't figure out how to respond to a "rep" comment (say, if it has a question in it)--do you just send them a message?

thanks!
Yes, that's the only way I've found to respond.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote