Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Main Dimensions Board

Old 10-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #51
olivefun
Belly bellissima

olivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 club
Default circle in bottom left

There is a little circle in our listings. I had only noticed the green one and the blue ones before which I think means online or not online.

I looked at the FAQ's and couldn't find what a red circle means.
Anyone know?
olivefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:17 AM   #52
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I only see the red on my own posts when I'm logged in and have my name set to invisible.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:20 AM   #53
olivefun
Belly bellissima

olivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 clubolivefun is a member of the 500 club

oh.

Thank you joyjoy..

I don't know how to set myself to invisible
am i invisible now?

(Haha, I thought I was too big for that)

How do I make myself visible?
olivefun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2006, 08:33 AM   #54
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

On your user CP, go to *Edit Options*, and you'll see the little box at the top of the screen. Voila! You're visible.

Old 10-16-2006, 07:33 AM   #55
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!

AM, or anyone out there. I am feeling a bit "dim" right now (excuse the pun). With the rep link broken (has been for months), can someone explain how to GIVE rep?? All of the questions above have been on receiving and checking rep given to them.

I need to start giving back. Thanks in advance.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2006, 08:02 AM   #56
JoyJoy

Bottom left of each post, click on the little scales. A pop-up will appear either allowing you to type in a comment, or telling you that you've already given rep to that person...or that you don't have any rep points left (meaning you've been busy giving it all out). I'm not sure what the limit is, though.

Welcome Spanky!

Old 10-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #57
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy
Bottom left of each post, click on the little scales. A pop-up will appear either allowing you to type in a comment, or telling you that you've already given rep to that person...or that you don't have any rep points left (meaning you've been busy giving it all out). I'm not sure what the limit is, though.

Welcome Spanky!
Thanks, JoyJoy. I think I got it!
Old 10-16-2006, 12:47 PM   #58
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyJoy
Yes, that's the only way I've found to respond.
Thanks JoyJoy!
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 05:30 PM   #59
T_Devil
A Happy Disaster

T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!T_Devil has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Can we have animated signatures?
Old 12-12-2006, 12:13 PM   #60
Mercedes

Mercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesMercedes can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

How can I change my username? Or does a mod have to do it for me?

There are others with a similar username as mine... and I really would like to change it.

I'd like to change it to Mysteria Please If it is possible...
Mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 12:39 PM   #61
CuteyChubb
Queen of Hearts

CuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging inCuteyChubb makes people happy simply by logging in

When I first joined and wanted to change my username, I sent the webmaster a PM and asked him to do it. I didn't know who was a mod back then. He helped me with it but maybe a Mod can. If you don't get another esponse, PM Tina or Ann Marie and they can probably help.

:) Smile, JESUS loves you. (Even if you don't want him to. ;) )
CuteyChubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 01:21 PM   #62
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You'll have to PM Conrad/Webmaster about it. Mods cannot do it, unfortunately.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006, 10:08 PM   #63
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

How to use the multi-quote function.

On the first post you want to quote, you click the little icon to the right, under the post, with quotation marks; then click the next one and so on, until on the last one, you hit the Quote button and there they all are. Respond to them individually, in-between each quote.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus

Last edited by Tina; 09-14-2008 at 10:05 PM.
Old 12-19-2006, 10:45 PM   #64
Wagimawr

Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!Wagimawr keeps pushing the rep limit!

ah, nice addition - saw that over at the Steve Hoffman forums.
Wagimawr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:21 PM   #65
VanilaGorila
On Timeout

VanilaGorila can now change their title
Thumbs up Writing me a letter:

First, ensure.....

Personal ad/request type posts are not allowed.

Last edited by Tina; 12-29-2006 at 01:48 AM.
VanilaGorila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2006, 09:14 PM   #66
Rene-TX

Rene-TX has said some nice things
Question How to use the Googlemap ME feature

I think most of this feature is easy enough and doesn't need a lot of explanation, since it is the same as the regular Map feature on the Google website.
Here, you can zoom in on any (group of) pins --representing other Forum users who have placed themselves on the map-- and get a good close-up view of the location, if you want to. Too bad that the text balloons pop-up so fast when I mouse-over them, it really slows me down when I try to get the mouse past some pins and aim for another part of the map.

Unfortunately you have to start all over with the zooming in , once that you decide to add yourself to the map with [Your Entry]. I was able to pinpoint our house by going to the extremest zoom level. Great help for potential visitors!

There were 54 members on the map before my entry, so I figured that after submitting my info, there would be 55 (with my pin included). However, now (1-2 hours later) there are still 54 and I also don't see myself on the [List members] list . When will my pin be added to the map?? Does it require intervention and approval from a moderator before new pins show up?

Then I went back to [Your Entry], and I saw everything I had entered, including my own pin on the map. So it was not lost.... just not showing up.
And now being back at my data, I saw something that may require some explanation: BBcode = ???

Thank you in advance,
René

PS: on the forum menu the ME is explained as Member Edtion, this should read Member Edition (!!!!!)
Old 01-08-2007, 12:54 AM   #67
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Ya know on the UCP page there's the list of "latest reputations received" with the comments? what does it mean if the lil tile to the left is not green?
Old 01-08-2007, 07:33 AM   #68
out.of.habit
Fat Lois Returns

out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!out.of.habit has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
Ya know on the UCP page there's the list of "latest reputations received" with the comments? what does it mean if the lil tile to the left is not green?
I believe that means that they're new, and/or they don't have enough rep to add to your rep score.
out.of.habit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 08:49 AM   #69
liz (di-va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by out.of.habit View Post
I believe that means that they're new, and/or they don't have enough rep to add to your rep score.
ahhhhhhhh...hah! ahh. thanks
Old 01-16-2007, 11:09 PM   #70
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Default Infractions

I have a general question regarding infractions. I was given an infraction by one of the mods. Not necessarily agreeing with or fully understanding it, I accepted it. I will leave it at that.

The infraction time has expired yet the "Latest Infractions" bar still comes up on my profile and shows the expired infraction for all to see. It is kind of like a public rap sheet. Does it matter in real life? No. But I would like to know if it will be there as long as I am registered. I asked the mod privately and never received a response.

I am hoping to get some clarification from someone who has been given an infraction or one of the other mods.

Spanky (feeling like a black sheep)
Old 01-17-2007, 12:11 AM   #71
AnnMarie
✰cuddly and terrifying✰

AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.AnnMarie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
I have a general question regarding infractions. I was given an infraction by one of the mods. Not necessarily agreeing with or fully understanding it, I accepted it. I will leave it at that.

The infraction time has expired yet the "Latest Infractions" bar still comes up on my profile and shows the expired infraction for all to see. It is kind of like a public rap sheet. Does it matter in real life? No. But I would like to know if it will be there as long as I am registered. I asked the mod privately and never received a response.

I am hoping to get some clarification from someone who has been given an infraction or one of the other mods.

Spanky (feeling like a black sheep)
Spanky, I'm not positive because the infractions are a new part of the moderating system, but I believe only you and moderators and administrators can see them in your profile.

Perhaps someone can give you a quick look and let us know. It makes sense to me, from a book keeping standpoint, that the moderators would be able to see that one had been issued/expired, etc... as a history on behavior if a poster is a problem (you are not, to my understanding... lol).

However most things like that are not for other members to see, so I'd be pretty surprised if that information shows to anyone but the party involved and board moderators.
Old 01-17-2007, 02:27 PM   #72
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnMarie View Post
Spanky, I'm not positive because the infractions are a new part of the moderating system, but I believe only you and moderators and administrators can see them in your profile.

Perhaps someone can give you a quick look and let us know. It makes sense to me, from a book keeping standpoint, that the moderators would be able to see that one had been issued/expired, etc... as a history on behavior if a poster is a problem (you are not, to my understanding... lol).

However most things like that are not for other members to see, so I'd be pretty surprised if that information shows to anyone but the party involved and board moderators.
Thanks for responding, AM. The other mod also PM'ed me with a complete answer.

To all the hard working mods.
Old 01-18-2007, 05:41 AM   #73
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default something weird with my rep

Someone with yellow cans (about 12 cans) just gave me rep and I only got 8 points worth of it. I know I shouldn't care but I noticed my points seem "off".
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:39 PM   #74
Tina
Older and wiser now

Question: I screwed up in creating my username; how do I have it changed?

Answer: See here.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:33 PM   #75
Lapwing

Lapwing can now change their title
Default Question: moderation of posts

Hi, I'm new here, and the first five or six posts I made went onto the Forum straight away, but my last two have had a screen come up saying that they have been held back for moderation. I've searched the site for an FAQ about moderation of posts and can't find anything (although that may be my rubbish searching skills). I was just wondering, how long will my posts be moderated for?

Many thanks
Lapwing is offline   Reply With Quote