Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Library > Story Writers Forum

Old 10-08-2014, 12:56 PM   #26
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Fat Enough to Jiggle

One day I was just driving along
And came across the perfect rough road
To make a charming discovery:
I was fat enough to jiggle

Some more years and some more pounds later
Going up or down the stairs at work
Running a few steps, it all tells me:
I am fat enough to jiggle

I suppose that I should lose some weight
Lift some weights and dive into the pool
And avoid cinnamon buns, but then
Would I be fat enough to jiggle?

Sure it would be great to fit more clothes
I could go play shinny, I suppose
But do I want to be a size where
Iím not fat enough to jiggle?

Or I could embrace my fat desires
Eat all the cookies, cakes and pastries
So that even just waddling along
I would be fat enough to jiggle

But am I ready for that fat life
Apart from those working to be thin
Where strangers and small children might say:
Heís fat enough to jiggle

So I walk and I ride my bike but
I also eat that cinnamon bun
And hurrying down the stairs I know:
Iím fat enough to jiggle
Old 07-29-2016, 07:14 AM   #27
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've not added any doggerel to this thread for a while; time for an update!

===========================================

Interrogation Point

What is your maximum, my man?
When is it too much, the point youíd turn?
Does that even exist for you?
Or is it hotter until you burn?
Old 07-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #28
Tad
mostly harmless

"]Value

There is an unspoken deal in engineering:
If you are willing and able to do the work
We donít much care if you are good socially
--Engineers can be oddly gentle about such things.

Some mock engineers, those socially awkward nerds
But that someone unemployable at Burger King
Can be an all-star in engineering? That is great!
Value people for their strengths, not their weaknesses.

I just wish that there were more such environments
Making value from varying abilities
Where the anxious but clever could contribute
Where the mobility impaired could keep up

Is it because people like to hire others like unto them?
Is it that Ďnormalí people are just easier to bring onboard?
Is it actually discrimination against the Ďflawedí?
I ask as a citizen -- and also as a worried parent.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:18 AM   #29
Tad
mostly harmless

Is fat a young personís game?

Is fat a young personís game?
With smoother joints and more vim,
The license of youth to explore.
Before you have a rep or fame
When you still have years to hit the gym
And hormones insist there can be more.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:22 AM   #30
Tad
mostly harmless

BEADS

I caress the word like rosary beads
Sliding itís sound between my mindís fingers
A rounded syllable, solid but smooth
Comforting in its familiarity
Fat
fAt
faAat
faaaaat
fat-fat-fat
fatfatfatfat
fattedyfat
fat

Old 08-02-2016, 08:58 AM   #31
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I still want a Tad story!!
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 09:14 AM   #32
Tad
mostly harmless

Me too!

Ironically, most of the the few things that I've written since becoming a moderator are marginal about meeting the current Dimensions guidelines so I can't post them here (I can't really be the one pushing against the guidelines ....)
Old 01-11-2017, 10:28 AM   #33
Tad
mostly harmless

I finally made Cecilia's Deal more-or-less work and got it all posted. It is far from my favorite of things I've written, but it was by far the most ambitious both in terms of length and constraints that I put on myself in terms of structure and how the premise put requirements on the ending, so I couldn't let the story shape itself as it went along. I think (hope?) that I learned some things in the process.

I have a couple of other big stories I'd like to revise and finish some day (Charles and the Dragon's Curse, Crows and Butterflies), but before I get into anything else that large I'd like to get something shorter and lighter done. The problem is that while I've started a few stories intended to be of that sort, they usually then reveal themselves to be much longer and more complex than I'd originally thought. Don't you hate it when your characters decide that they don't want to only consider the obvious love interest, but want to have a good think about a couple of the other characters too? (in the process demanding to be allowed more introspection and depth of character than you'd originally planned to write) Thank goodness Cecelia and Mike didn't demand to become multi-faceted, that story was already far too long without getting into all of that, too.

I know I used to be able to whip off simple stories with simple characters. I'm sure I can get back there, but if anyone has any good tips on how to keep stories short and characters one dimensional, I might benefit from them
Old 01-11-2017, 10:51 AM   #34
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I feel like this is my writing life, lol.

Only success i've had making shorter stories is defining a hanfulnof "scenes" /'d filling in the blanks, like a play. So less about plot and more about before and after...

But i super suck at short stuff
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote