Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-10-2007, 05:52 PM   #1
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Tea Drinkers Unite!

I am so serious about tea...it's become quite an obsession for me. I'm one of those people that drink it all year long, but especially so in the fall/winter. I don't really care for the colder months, and perhaps tea is what gets me through the cold seasons.

I love www.adagio.com/ -- superior tea, in tons of flavors and very reasonable prices.

I was thinking this could be a thread that we swap websites, what's good, what's bad, what we have to try, etc...sort of a Tea 101, well...201 for tea connesuirs.
Old 09-10-2007, 11:29 PM   #2
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Oh Ash do I feel ya. I love coffee, but I'm starting to get into tea more and more. (Blame my Mommy.. lol) I've turned into kind of a tea ... "snob" I guess. I mean when you just want regular old plain hot tea, the regular grocery store tea bags don't cut it for me anymore. I usually go to the British import store and get the Irish stuff. Lyons is the best that I've found. I just.. love it.

Herbal teas are great too, especially when I'm trying to relax. But I haven't found anything really GOOD. There's a website a friend of mine used to order things from, but for the life of me I can't remember. I'll shoot her an email and give you the information. I'm horrible with remembering stuff like that. I'm going to check out that site - I'm always looking for new stuff like that.

There's this cute little store in Grapevine, Texas that is all Tea "Stuff". My mom and I passed by it Labor Day weekend, but they were closed!! I'm going back to that area this weekend, and definitely plan to check it out. I'll let you know if I find anything interesting.
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:29 PM   #3
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

I'm not a big fan of "traditional" teas but I love herbal teas and such that are non-traditional.
A current favorite is "Perfactly Pear" white tea by http://www.celestialseasonings.com/index.html. I also enjoy their decaf "Mint" green tea as its flavor is more of a wintergreen than a peppermint.
I also love almost anyone's "Ginger" tea. Most folks drink this for medicinal purposes but I love it anytime. Sometimes I even mix ginger and peppermint together with some honey, ooh baaaabyyy!!!!
Another favorite brand is http://www.stashtea.com/.
I've never had many complaints towards their blends.
As for black teas, I'm a strict lover of "Irish Breakfast!"

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 05:43 PM   #4
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love flavored black teas, but I'm trying to drink more green for the health benefits.

Last night it was pomegranate green tea from Republic of Tea. I love them. They send a catalogue every two months with a free tea bag!
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2007, 07:09 PM   #5
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My tea cravings are seasonal, coming more during the months from November until March.

My favorite has always been Earl Gray tea, and my favorite brand is from Tazo, which has been sold at Starbucks for some time now.
Old 09-12-2007, 03:55 AM   #6
sobie18
Bass playin' scuba diver

sobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticed
Default Tazo Tea

Passion....for me, please.
Old 09-12-2007, 04:22 AM   #7
xeillia

xeillia can now change their title

I I feel you guys! I am absolutely mad about my tea. I drink a fair bit of coffee but tea is my real passion

There is a shop called T2 around the corner from my work and they sell hundreds of different teas, I had no idea so many existed until the first day I went into the shop, it is really great because they have samples for you to try and they have sample cannisters you can smell, FANTASTIC!!!

I am really into green teas at the moment, my favourite is Gunpowder tea. Speaking of which I am off to make myself a cup

Cheers
Alex
xeillia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 05:08 AM   #8
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

I drink tea too, but I like all kinds. Usually iced because I live in a hot weather area and I just don't drink hot drinks very often.

I like good old lipton tea, brewed up fairly strong for iced tea, and served with juice of one big lemon and 1/3 cup sugar per 4 quart pitcher.

Celestial Seasonings: I love Tropic of Strawberry, Red Zinger, and the cold brew raspberry. All iced.

Tazo: Chai tea, Earl Grey, and Breakfast blend (red label box). All hot. But I will brew up half earl grey and half breakfast blend and drink it iced.

Republic of Tea: Blackberry Sage, Cranberry Blood Orange, Kids' Cuppa, Acai Green Tea. All served iced.

Twinings: Black Currant (iced), Lady Grey (hot), Tastes of Summer (iced)

Bigelow: Constant Comment (hot and iced), Tangeringe white tea (iced), French Vanilla (hot)

And I have bought random boxes of tea or loose teas from various manufacturers that I bought once. I pretty much like fruity flavored teas, served iced. A lot.

Tracy
Old 09-12-2007, 05:14 AM   #9
Messidor
On Timeout

Messidor has said some nice things
Default 'Tea drinkers of the world, unite!' - Karl Marx

It's the law to drink tea here in the UK!
Messidor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:10 AM   #10
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

I can't believe James hasn't found this thread yet.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 06:36 AM   #11
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Two words. Yorkshire Gold.
THE. BEST. TEA. EVER.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 10:35 AM   #12
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
I can't believe James hasn't found this thread yet.
That was my exact thought!

Oh James....where are you?!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:36 AM   #13
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeillia View Post
I I feel you guys! I am absolutely mad about my tea. I drink a fair bit of coffee but tea is my real passion

There is a shop called T2 around the corner from my work and they sell hundreds of different teas, I had no idea so many existed until the first day I went into the shop, it is really great because they have samples for you to try and they have sample cannisters you can smell, FANTASTIC!!!

I am really into green teas at the moment, my favourite is Gunpowder tea. Speaking of which I am off to make myself a cup

Cheers
Alex
I'm intrigued...please tell me more about this gunpowder tea...is it, well you know, made of gunpowder?
Old 09-12-2007, 10:39 AM   #14
CeCe the Porky Princess!

CeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmamma84 View Post
I am so serious about tea...it's become quite an obsession for me. I'm one of those people that drink it all year long, but especially so in the fall/winter. I don't really care for the colder months, and perhaps tea is what gets me through the cold seasons.

I love www.adagio.com/ -- superior tea, in tons of flavors and very reasonable prices.

I was thinking this could be a thread that we swap websites, what's good, what's bad, what we have to try, etc...sort of a Tea 101, well...201 for tea connesuirs.
Nothing unusual about drinking tea all year round here hun .. you'd fit in a treat!
Old 09-12-2007, 10:41 AM   #15
CeCe the Porky Princess!

CeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I cannot bare herbal 'teas' like drinking a cup full of 'Pot Pourri' .. disgusting!

I am your traditional tea drinking kinda gal - British after all! - strong, hot and with a hint of milk!

Old 09-12-2007, 11:08 AM   #16
James
vibeout

James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!James keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default apologies all...

I seem to have made it to this thread a little late? I do hope there's still some tea still left in the pot?

I am particularly partial to earl grey but must agree with Kimberleigh that Yorkshire Gold is also rather good.

I made this, completely unscientific, survey last year... It showed that there's plenty of dims love for a good cup of tea...

EDIT -p.s. I'm giving out tea - rep for any pro-tea posts in this thread !

Last edited by James; 09-12-2007 at 11:11 AM.
James is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:29 AM   #17
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Mostly I drink Scottish Blend tea, specially made for the soft water here. http://www.unilever.co.uk/ourbrands/...tish_Blend.asp I don't like Yorkshire Gold, too strong for me, they take tea you can tap dance on down there! About one third of the time I drink earl grey, Twining's organic variety. I have tried some other brands, but find that some are overwhelmed with the bergamot oil which can taste harsh.

As for herbal/fruit "teas"/infusions, I think I maybe already said in James' other thread that I love Yogi Tee, classic variety which has cinnamon, cloves, ginger etc in it. It is lovely mixed with hot apple juice, very Christmassy/Wintery.

http://www.yogitee.de/yogitea_gb/Exo...s/Classic.html

I also love Turkish apple tea and some of the blends that Whittards of Chelsea sell ... I notice they have new ones, I must pay a visit!

http://www.whittard.co.uk/ProductLis...-GB&cid=it2010

Last edited by Ruby Ripples; 09-12-2007 at 11:32 AM.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 11:47 AM   #18
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love tea, but at the moment can't name any favorite brands...I've been stuck on coffee lately, although I do drink my share of southern-style sweet tea. With the weather cooling, though, I'm sure I'll start back on my tea again. My favorite of all is chamomile brewed from fresh blossoms, with a hint of honey added. I've misplaced my infuser, though, so I need to shop for a new one.

I love this thread! Thanks, ash!

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM   #19
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Wonderful opening James. Just wonderful. I just noticed this thread and would like to add that James is one hundred per cent correct: Yorkshire Gold is the best tea. (I'm drinking a cup at this very moment in fact). I love being totally eccentric in the States and taking my own teabags to the diners. It's such an English passion, huh?

[QUOTE=James;554622]I seem to have made it to this thread a little late? I do hope there's still some tea still left in the pot?

I am particularly partial to earl grey but must agree with Kimberleigh that Yorkshire Gold is also rather good.
Bafta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:23 PM   #20
Still a Skye fan
Normalcy is overrated

Still a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging inStill a Skye fan makes people happy simply by logging in

I drink green tea all year round.

There are many good brands and flavors I like in my area.

I have 4-5 mugs of the stuff a day and I hardly ever get seriously sick...I haven't had a sick day at work in years.

Dennis

PS: Okay, I do take vitamins, drink juice, try to eat normal meals and exercise when I can but I think the tea really helps my super immune system.
Still a Skye fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 03:35 PM   #21
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

i like tea, but usually fruity ones.

there's one from trader joe's that i love, but i can't remember the name right now. i believe it's pomegranate white tea...

Old 09-13-2007, 03:51 PM   #22
moniquessbbw
Shake N Bake

moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moniquessbbw has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I love tea I drink it almost every day.. Tea is so good for you plus it tastes great.
moniquessbbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 04:10 PM   #23
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
i like tea, but usually fruity ones.

there's one from trader joe's that i love, but i can't remember the name right now. i believe it's pomegranate white tea...

I LOVE Trader Joe's. Oh I miss your country!
Old 09-13-2007, 04:29 PM   #24
supersoup
Nice to meet you beanbag.

supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!supersoup keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafta1 View Post
I LOVE Trader Joe's. Oh I miss your country!
come back then!

Old 09-14-2007, 02:59 AM   #25
Bafta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersoup View Post
come back then!

I'm working on it Soup! I really am. I am not a fan of Britain - actually I hate the place and have never felt at home here. The only thing I like about Britain is my family, Yorkshire tea, and the colour of autumn, (when it's not raining).