Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-14-2007, 04:16 AM   #26
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

I never cared about tea, other than chai lattes, until I met my bf. He is obsessed with tea. He considers it a hobby lol.

I had to prove it with a pic lol. This is a pic of our "tea cabinet"..which just happens to be the largest cabinet in the kitchen lol. It's crammed full of tea. There is some tea accessories (honey, spices and sugar)...but for the most part its just tons and tons of tea!

We get alot of loose tea at small holistic/tea/bookstores, but we mostly get prebagged stuff.

I love Stash "white christmas" tea..it's peppermint and ginger, but mild. not too overpowering. I also like the pumpkin spice. Constant Comment is a favorite and there is a Almond dessert tea that I love. Just about any fruit flavor works for me.

Oh, and one more thing. Steve (the bf) got his friend tea as a wedding gift which I thought was strange...but it was actually very lovely. It's called flowering tea, which I had never heard of. I attached a pic of that too.You just drop the "teaball" into the hot water and it makes a beautiful flower in the pot (or cup)

Last edited by goofy girl; 10-31-2009 at 12:55 PM.
goofy girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:11 AM   #27
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafta1 View Post
I'm working on it Soup! I really am. I am not a fan of Britain - actually I hate the place and have never felt at home here. The only thing I like about Britain is my family, Yorkshire tea, and the colour of autumn, (when it's not raining).
Oh dear How often have you been to Scotland that you hate it? Or do you mean that you hate your part of England?
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:32 AM   #28
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Oh dear How often have you been to Scotland that you hate it? Or do you mean that you hate your part of England?
Oh dear, I don't know where to begin - I have so many complaints against Britain. I'm sorry! They're all quite complicated and convoluted too.

I love Scotland though. I spent a lot of time there, especially as a child. My sister and I were taken all over your country. And I love Jura. Have you ever been?

And the whiskey!! - The Scots certainly make the best whiskey in the world - smokey and peaty and great to sip by a roaring fire in a Scotish inn on a dark, cold, late-autumn evening...

No, you definitely live in a really nice part of the Isles.
(The weather would really bother me there though).
Bafta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:46 AM   #29
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy ssbbw View Post

I love Stash "white christmas" tea..it's peppermint and ginger, but mild. not too overpowering. I also like the pumpkin spice. Constant Comment is a favorite and there is a Almond dessert tea that I love. Just about any fruit flavor works for me.

Oh, and one more thing. Steve (the bf) got his friend tea as a wedding gift which I thought was strange...but it was actually very lovely. It's called flowering tea, which I had never heard of. I attached a pic of that too.You just drop the "teaball" into the hot water and it makes a beautiful flower in the pot (or cup)
1) I love Stash tea. I love their Pomegranate, raspberry, green tea. Mmmmm So good.

2) Where the eff can i get one of those teaball things. They are just about the coolest looking thing ever! My mom is a huge tea fan, hence why I am. I see a christmas gift for my mom right there!
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:59 AM   #30
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
1) I love Stash tea. I love their Pomegranate, raspberry, green tea. Mmmmm So good.

2) Where the eff can i get one of those teaball things. They are just about the coolest looking thing ever! My mom is a huge tea fan, hence why I am. I see a christmas gift for my mom right there!
I think the teaball is pretty, yet somehow I think i'd be freaked out and not want to drink it, it would be like drinking something that's alive!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:01 AM   #31
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Oh dear, I don't know where to begin - I have so many complaints against Britain. I'm sorry! They're all quite complicated and convoluted too.

I love Scotland though. I spent a lot of time there, especially as a child. My sister and I were taken all over your country. And I love Jura. Have you ever been?

And the whiskey!! - The Scots certainly make the best whiskey in the world - smokey and peaty and great to sip by a roaring fire in a Scotish inn on a dark, cold, late-autumn evening...

No, you definitely live in a really nice part of the Isles.
(The weather would really bother me there though).
Aw good, just wanted you to say that it's NOT Britain you hate, but the part of the country in Britain that you live! hehe. ps. it's whisky if it's Scottish, whiskey is Irish I've never been to Jura, I've only been to a few of the islands. I'm afraid that when going on holiday in the past, going to Turkey or Greece for cheap good food, culture and guaranteed good weather always won out over an interesting tour of my own country!

I do think there is a lot wrong with the UK, but I still think that with our health care system and some other social arrangements, I'd much rather be here than the US. Swings and roundabouts I suppose! I hope you end up living where you would like to, that's what matters.

ps. sorry for hijacking!
Old 09-14-2007, 07:14 AM   #32
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love tea, but like some others I ONLY drink it in the fall and winter. I barely touch real tea the rest of the year. I think that it's a psychological thing, I've relegated teas into a position where I place a lot of importance on their comforts to help deal with SAD. So most evenings in the winter I'll brew some up to try to fight the cold in my drafty turn-of-the-century apartment.

I'm not a fan of fruity teas, but there are exceptions. I'm a big fan of yerba matte (for when I need to be energized). There was a Madagascar vanilla red tea that I really liked last seasons. I like rich, aromatic herbal blends that aren't acidic like the Celestial Seasons fruit blends.

I think I'll go tea shopping the first cold, sad Michigan day.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:20 AM   #33
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm a moderate tea drinker. Typically I have coffee in the morning, tea in the afternoon, and de-caf or herbal tea in the evening. I used to be more adventurous with tea, but I've come to realize that most of the time I get a pretty decent cup with simply using Red Rose (brand name) tea bags tossed into a warm pot and pouring in boiling water. It is not the best tea, but the quality/ease ratio is pretty good

My wife is quite fond of what is sold here as "Irish Breakfast" tea--although I have no idea if it is anything that would be recognized in Ireland.

I do like loose leaf tea--especially the cool gunpowder stuff--and green teas, and so on, but I just don't like them enough more to be bothered with them too often.

Normally I just have my tea black, but if the weather has been especially frightful, or I have the snuffles, I like to add in lots of milk and honey.

-Ed
Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 AM   #34
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Aw good, just wanted you to say that it's NOT Britain you hate, but the part of the country in Britain that you live! hehe. ps. it's whisky if it's Scottish, whiskey is Irish I've never been to Jura, I've only been to a few of the islands. I'm afraid that when going on holiday in the past, going to Turkey or Greece for cheap good food, culture and guaranteed good weather always won out over an interesting tour of my own country!

I do think there is a lot wrong with the UK, but I still think that with our health care system and some other social arrangements, I'd much rather be here than the US. Swings and roundabouts I suppose! I hope you end up living where you would like to, that's what matters.

ps. sorry for hijacking!
I feel so embarrassed for making such a public faux pas... And in front of a true Scot too!!! Can I call it malt? Or scotch? What is the word that will make me look least like a complete and utter philistine?

You're right about the NHS. I'm so proud if it, even with all its faults. How screwed up is it that the USA - the wealthiest country on the face of the planet - has no health service to look after its poorest and neediest?

Why are you sorry Ruby? What are you hijacking?
Old 09-14-2007, 07:54 AM   #35
Ash
Smash

Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!Ash keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
How screwed up is it that the USA - the wealthiest country on the face of the planet - has no health service to look after its poorest and neediest?
Screwed up indeed.

But you better watch out or this will turn into another thread for Hyde Park.

The US has lots of other lovely things that you could come for.
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 09:19 AM   #36
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I was thinking about it a bit more, and something just came to me: tea is much more resilient than coffee.

That is, plain black tea is hard to make so that it is bad. Oh, it could be stronger or weaker than you like, it may not have quite the flavor that you'd like, but it will still be OK for the most part. Leave some in the pot overnight and heat it up in the morning, and its still not bad.

Coffee on the other hand....cheap coffee is pretty frequently horrible! First of all bad beans make bad coffee, and there is a lot of bad beans out there. Also if it sits around in the pot too long it can get quite vile. Basically, walk into a random restaurant and ask for tea, and you'll probably end up with pretty decent tea. Do the same with coffee, and you may have to swamp it with milk and sugar just to get it down.

-Ed
Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #37
Bafta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
Screwed up indeed.

But you better watch out or this will turn into another thread for Hyde Park.

The US has lots of other lovely things that you could come for.
Ashley, I have no idea why, but I seem to turn every thread I join into ‘Hyde Park’.

I’m glad you agree with me though. I always thought that Medicare was like a health care system that people could fall back on if they don’t have insurance. Is that right?

And you’re also right that there are lots more things that draw me to the US.

After all, what you pay here in Britain in taxes, you spend in the US on insurance and it all works out... the only losers on your side of the pond are the ones that need the help the most. And that's what I've always found to be sad.

Sorry all. I feel as though I've put a dampener on the teaparty.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:26 AM   #38
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I don't really like hot tea. I don't have the patience for my beverage to cool off. I usually make a pitcher of decaf green tea, put it in the fridge and drink it unsweetned. There isn't a more refreshing drink on this planet. When I do drink it warm, I prefer constant comment tea which is a black tea with orange rind and sweet spices. I dump in plenty of splenda and a splash of milk. Otherwise, I'm pretty much tea ambivalent.
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 11:49 AM   #39
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post

The flowering tea that Steve got was from Numi tea, and he ordered his online for convenience although you can find it in stores and other brands.

its www.numitea.com they have gift sets with the flowering tea, or just the tea on it own. There is lots of other great gifts on that website as well!
Old 09-14-2007, 01:43 PM   #40
CeCe the Porky Princess!

CeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
I'm working on it Soup! I really am. I am not a fan of Britain - actually I hate the place and have never felt at home here. The only thing I like about Britain is my family, Yorkshire tea, and the colour of autumn, (when it's not raining).
deary dear ..when you leaving for the states then?

Last edited by CeCe the Porky Princess!; 09-14-2007 at 01:47 PM.
CeCe the Porky Princess! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #41
BeachLovinBBW

BeachLovinBBW can now change their title
Default tea

I was raised on iced tea down here in FL. Today I am in Miami and I drink hot tea all day, every day. When I gave up caffeine I thought tea would have to go to, but I have to second numi. Ruby Chai Spiced Rooibos http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/n...50&search=chai is amazing. It is one of the best blends I have ever had, with or without caffeine. Another decaf option is from a really cool place called Teavana. I also love their Rooibos Chai which is also decaf. http://www.teavana.com/Rooibos+Chai+...ProductDetails Both are AWESOME!!! I am not a fan of herbal teas at all. I think 99% of them taste like grass, but Yogi Tea Calming blend is delicious and makes me feel so peaceful. http://yogitea.elsstore.com/view/pro...=33773&cid=559
BeachLovinBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:09 PM   #42
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

ok that flowering tea is the coolest!!!!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:20 PM   #43
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
...I get a pretty decent cup with simply using Red Rose (brand name) tea bags tossed into a warm pot and pouring in boiling water.
I'm with you on the Red Rose, Ed. Salada and Tetley are perfectly serviceable as well.

I pour the boiling water over the tea bag right in my massive 2/3 Litre clear glass mug, then I let it steep with a coaster on top (to keep the heat and steam in).

Generally, I just take it strong, with sugar, but on rare occasions, I will add cream. Never milk, though. That just seems to weaken it.

If I'm in a hurry, I may try to do a "power steep" by bobbing the tea bag up and down with a spoon. I used to squash the bag against the side of the mug to accomplish this but...ewww.

Oh and cold or flavoured tea?...ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
...plain black tea is hard to make so that it is bad.
Once, I made tea at my mum's place. As soon as the kettle boiled, I poured it over the tea bag, and the contents in the cup were instantly pitch black.

What I didn't know was that she had filled her kettle with vinegar to remove deposits from the hard water, and had forgotten to empty and rinse it.

So, it's easier than you might think to make a bad cup of tea. For me, anyway.

Maybe someday I'll tell you about the time I was boiling water for tea, and it caught fire.

Seriously, it's best to keep me out of the whole food-preparation equation!
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:49 PM   #44
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachLovinBBW View Post
I was raised on iced tea down here in FL. Today I am in Miami and I drink hot tea all day, every day. When I gave up caffeine I thought tea would have to go to, but I have to second numi. Ruby Chai Spiced Rooibos http://www.worldpantry.com/cgi-bin/n...50&search=chai is amazing. It is one of the best blends I have ever had, with or without caffeine. Another decaf option is from a really cool place called Teavana. I also love their Rooibos Chai which is also decaf. http://www.teavana.com/Rooibos+Chai+...ProductDetails Both are AWESOME!!! I am not a fan of herbal teas at all. I think 99% of them taste like grass, but Yogi Tea Calming blend is delicious and makes me feel so peaceful. http://yogitea.elsstore.com/view/pro...=33773&cid=559
I've tried the Ruby Chai Spiced Roobios and it is VERY flavorful! It was actually a little too spicy for me...after I added milk and a bit of sugar I really enjoyed it.

I've tried several Yogi teas, that's another one my bf really loves. Every one I've had has made my throat close..or swell..or something that made me not be able to breathe. It also made me congested in a weird way. If it was one type I would think if was a fluke, but it was every one I tried. (I tried about 4 of them..including the Womens Moon Cycle which I was really looking forward to as an herbal option for menstrual relief.) But they all made me feel congested and like my throat was closing. I dunno..but it was weird lol
Old 09-14-2007, 05:59 PM   #45
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy ssbbw View Post
I've tried the Ruby Chai Spiced Roobios and it is VERY flavorful! It was actually a little too spicy for me...after I added milk and a bit of sugar I really enjoyed it.

I've tried several Yogi teas, that's another one my bf really loves. Every one I've had has made my throat close..or swell..or something that made me not be able to breathe. It also made me congested in a weird way. If it was one type I would think if was a fluke, but it was every one I tried. (I tried about 4 of them..including the Womens Moon Cycle which I was really looking forward to as an herbal option for menstrual relief.) But they all made me feel congested and like my throat was closing. I dunno..but it was weird lol
eek don't drink it then! When I open a bottle of sesame oil that happens to me, even the scent seems to make my throat feel like its closing, Im sure its a mild allergy, so I just kinda avoid it now!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:04 PM   #46
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I was heading home from the hospital last year with my DVT and my Coumadin, I was told I should NOT drink herbal teas. I guess sometimes the herbs have a bad interaction with the coumadin? Or maybe there's something in herb teas that affects clotting? I'm not sure. It didn't affect me since I don't enjoy herb teas, but I wanted to put this out here for anyone who might be in the same situation. I guess it's actually a good idea to check the ingredients in herb teas to make sure they won't interact with medications just as a matter of course.

Just an FYI.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:08 PM   #47
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

Quote:
eek don't drink it then! When I open a bottle of sesame oil that happens to me, even the scent seems to make my throat feel like its closing, Im sure its a mild allergy, so I just kinda avoid it now!
Well, I don't drink it now, silly! After the FOURTH time I learned my lesson.

I am thinking that maybe there was something they used in the tea bag paper or something, since they didn't all have the same ingredients. It's weird because it was only that one brand of tea.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:11 PM   #48
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
When I was heading home from the hospital last year with my DVT and my Coumadin, I was told I should NOT drink herbal teas. I guess sometimes the herbs have a bad interaction with the coumadin? Or maybe there's something in herb teas that affects clotting? I'm not sure. It didn't affect me since I don't enjoy herb teas, but I wanted to put this out here for anyone who might be in the same situation. I guess it's actually a good idea to check the ingredients in herb teas to make sure they won't interact with medications just as a matter of course.

Just an FYI.

Oh that's such sensible information, Esme, thanks! I do remember that raspberry leaf tea is supposed to be good when a woman is in labour, but it's bad during early pregnancy as it can bring on contractions. That's just one I remember. Oh and peppermint tea is BAD for you after a meal, rather than good, as it shouldn't be taken on top of food. Ginger is much better then.

Im not sure about your clotting thing.. but most drugs are derived from plants, even the strongest ones, so Im sure that herbal teas must have some action on the body.
Old 09-14-2007, 06:14 PM   #49
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
I'm with you on the Red Rose, Ed. Salada and Tetley are perfectly serviceable as well.

I pour the boiling water over the tea bag right in my massive 2/3 Litre clear glass mug, then I let it steep with a coaster on top (to keep the heat and steam in).

Generally, I just take it strong, with sugar, but on rare occasions, I will add cream. Never milk, though. That just seems to weaken it.

If I'm in a hurry, I may try to do a "power steep" by bobbing the tea bag up and down with a spoon. I used to squash the bag against the side of the mug to accomplish this but...ewww.

Oh and cold or flavoured tea?...ugh.

Once, I made tea at my mum's place. As soon as the kettle boiled, I poured it over the tea bag, and the contents in the cup were instantly pitch black.

What I didn't know was that she had filled her kettle with vinegar to remove deposits from the hard water, and had forgotten to empty and rinse it.

So, it's easier than you might think to make a bad cup of tea. For me, anyway.

Maybe someday I'll tell you about the time I was boiling water for tea, and it caught fire.

Seriously, it's best to keep me out of the whole food-preparation equation!
Cream....in tea????? What the heck? lol next you'll be saying that shepherd's pie is made with minced beef!
Old 09-14-2007, 06:21 PM   #50
sobie18
Bass playin' scuba diver

sobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticedsobie18 never has a post go unnoticed

Oh yeah....tea with cream & sugar................learned that from my English Grandmother...

Then you dunk your cookies in it! Heaven!

AWESOME!