Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-14-2007, 06:42 PM   #51
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Cream....in tea????? What the heck? lol next you'll be saying that shepherd's pie is made with minced beef!
No...minced shepherds.

The cream in tea thing works especially well with orange pekoe. I don't think there's much that could salvage an Earl Grey.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #52
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobie18 View Post
Then you dunk your cookies in it! Heaven!
Try it with Dutch speculaas cookies. They're usually made in the shape of windmills, and are perfect for tea-dunking.
FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:01 PM   #53
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I drink between four to six cups of tea a day. In the summer I add in some iced tea but mostly it's hot tea.

Rainy got me hooked on white pear tea this summer. YUM.

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:13 PM   #54
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

I just bought some of that flowering tea... OMG... I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM   #55
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Red Rose drinkers - what do you do with the little Wade whimsey figurines that are in the boxes?

We drink Red Rose when we run out of the Yorkshire, it makes a perfectly good cuppa.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #56
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
I just bought some of that flowering tea... OMG... I'm so excited I can hardly stand it!!
ohh which one did you get?? Link me, baby!!
Old 09-14-2007, 09:10 PM   #57
SarahNYTJ9

SarahNYTJ9 can now change their title

Last winter I was on a tea binge, had everything, jasmine, lavendar, all kinds of interesting herbal teas from http://www.teavanna.com. Prefer herbal teas because of the lack of caffeine.

When comes summer, my apatment gets hot, and the a/c doesn't work in the kitchen.
SarahNYTJ9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:05 AM   #58
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love tea...drink it at least once a day, would drink it much more if I were around somebody making it a lot, you know? My tastes are starting to become a little more ascetic...I even enjoy some of the severely twiggy/branchy ones I drink for good liver health with things like dandelion and burdock root and milk thistle, straight up. I never drink tea with milk or cream - either straight, or with citrus and a little sugar. I haven't ventured too much into green teas, mostly out of lazy snobbery, due to its current fashionability...I mean, can all the new recent brands really be as efficacious as they say? Which to get? (Is it all being overharvested? help) I also try to drink a lot of nettles tea. I have a ginormous (and I mean huge) bag of nettles leaves in my kitchen from which I scoop a big tea-ball's full and toss in with 4 c. of water and just drink all day when I'm at home. I may get through the bag in another 10 years. I also love a full-on Tea with good china and tea cozies and such sometimes.
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:06 AM   #59
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Who mentioned Yogi Tea???

I had it for the first time when I was in Eastern Europe and have never found it again since.

It's curiously milky, spicy, and sweet... And if anyone knows more about it, please write back!!!!!
Bafta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 03:58 AM   #60
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am having a serious tea emergency at the moment. I have just moved from the North of England to the South and the drinking water is awful down here, really grimy and bitty. It is ruining my daily tea drinking pleasure. Any ideas on the best way to solve this dilemma? I can't drink coffee all the time, I need my Roiboos and Earl Grey back.

On the other hand, completely different topic altogether, I do believe we need a whiskey lovers thread so I am starting one, keep your peepers open!
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:20 AM   #61
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafta1 View Post
Who mentioned Yogi Tea???

I had it for the first time when I was in Eastern Europe and have never found it again since.

It's curiously milky, spicy, and sweet... And if anyone knows more about it, please write back!!!!!
Here you go! http://www.yogitea.com/ I'm glad you enjoyed it, it made me feel horrible lol. I wish it worked for me because they do have alot of nice sounding teas.
Old 09-15-2007, 04:23 AM   #62
Bafta1

Bafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging inBafta1 makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
I am having a serious tea emergency at the moment. I have just moved from the North of England to the South and the drinking water is awful down here, really grimy and bitty. It is ruining my daily tea drinking pleasure. Any ideas on the best way to solve this dilemma? I can't drink coffee all the time, I need my Roiboos and Earl Grey back.

On the other hand, completely different topic altogether, I do believe we need a whiskey lovers thread so I am starting one, keep your peepers open!
Try teas made for hard water. Yorkshire tea do one. I did know the reason why the waters are so different from north to south, but it escapes me now. Something about where the water comes from maybe: underground reserves in the south, versus the lakes in the north... Good luck, I hope you settle in and find the tea you're looking for.
Bafta1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 04:37 AM   #63
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bafta1 View Post
Try teas made for hard water. Yorkshire tea do one. I did know the reason why the waters are so different from north to south, but it escapes me now. Something about where the water comes from maybe: underground reserves in the south, versus the lakes in the north... Good luck, I hope you settle in and find the tea you're looking for.
Oh yeah, I have a cabinet FULL of other teas that I can drink lol.
Old 09-15-2007, 06:12 AM   #64
CeCe the Porky Princess!

CeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCeCe the Porky Princess! can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sobie18 View Post
Oh yeah....tea with cream & sugar................learned that from my English Grandmother...

Then you dunk your cookies in it! Heaven!

AWESOME!
..well as a Brit I have never (yet) put cream in tea (the thought makes me gag) .. milk should be sufficient to whiten it up and make a cracking mug of biscuit dunking tea!

Happy slurping!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:40 AM   #65
Ruby Ripples
Dis Member

Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.Ruby Ripples has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post

Easy peasy, buy cheap bottled water at Asda or wherever, and use it for your tea making! voila! Oh maybe use a different kettle for it too, you know how southern kettles get all gross and limescaley. Can buy one in Asda for a few quid, keep it nice just for your tea!

Last edited by Ruby Ripples; 09-15-2007 at 08:46 AM.
Ruby Ripples is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:35 PM   #66
Heavy_Cream

Heavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesHeavy_Cream can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Best tea I ever had in my life was hot Lipton's tea that had (Borden's?) Sweetened Condensed Milk in it.
Heavy_Cream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #67
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Since this is the tea thread, I think it's okay if I ask here... does anyone have a good recommendation for a decent tea ball or tea strainer? My tea ball is the basic metal one, and I get too much mulch in the bottom of my cup for my happiness.

Any suggestions?
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:03 PM   #68
Kimberleigh
gardening, mostly.

Kimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions communityKimberleigh is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
Since this is the tea thread, I think it's okay if I ask here... does anyone have a good recommendation for a decent tea ball or tea strainer? My tea ball is the basic metal one, and I get too much mulch in the bottom of my cup for my happiness.

Any suggestions?
Wrap the tea in a bit of coffee filter first, twist it closed, pop it in the tea ball, and voila - far less mulch.
Kimberleigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2007, 02:07 PM   #69
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
Wrap the tea in a bit of coffee filter first, twist it closed, pop it in the tea ball, and voila - far less mulch.
You are a GENIUS!!!
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 06:56 PM   #70
Happy FA
Loving Lovely Large Lady

Happy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized repHappy FA has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post

Any suggestions?
Try the Teastick... a great idea and it works great. Here is a link to the inventor's site. You can find places locally that also sell it. Never any problem with stuff in the teas.. unless you use really fine pieces of tea which is of course not good apart from tea bags(which are really not using the best tea(because it's so fine and the better tea is made from bigger leaves/pieces)) http://www.gamilacompany.com/tea/tea...FRtBgAodei_uBw

Enjoy, we do.
Happy FA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #71
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

I confess...I am a store brand black tea drinking classless hack.

I really do not like flavored tea at all, at best I can handle some lemon in my black tea.

But I do enjoy my tea hot or cold
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #72
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Cream View Post
Best tea I ever had in my life was hot Lipton's tea that had (Borden's?) Sweetened Condensed Milk in it.
I drink hot tea with evaporated milk in it.. never tried sweetened condensed milk in it. I never would have thought too until now
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 09:00 PM   #73
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimberleigh View Post
Red Rose drinkers - what do you do with the little Wade whimsey figurines that are in the boxes?

We drink Red Rose when we run out of the Yorkshire, it makes a perfectly good cuppa.
Oh! We used to drink that. We had a large collection of the figurines. But we eventually needed stronger tea, my mom and I. So we moved onto Tetley (I think is how you spell it).

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy ssbbw View Post
ohh which one did you get?? Link me, baby!!
I got the dragon lily tea for myself and brit friend of whom I will be sharing it with. Also purchasing the TeaHouse style clear teapot. its fat and round so I HAD to get that one. I just can't wait.

Last edited by BigCutieSasha; 09-16-2007 at 09:06 PM.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 11:00 PM   #74
Red

Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Red has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruby Ripples View Post
Easy peasy, buy cheap bottled water at Asda or wherever, and use it for your tea making! voila! Oh maybe use a different kettle for it too, you know how southern kettles get all gross and limescaley. Can buy one in Asda for a few quid, keep it nice just for your tea!
Oooh genius, so simple but so effective. thanks!
Old 09-16-2007, 11:01 PM   #75
Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
Oh! We used to drink that. We had a large collection of the figurines. But we eventually needed stronger tea, my mom and I. So we moved onto Tetley (I think is how you spell it).

I got the dragon lily tea for myself and brit friend of whom I will be sharing it with. Also purchasing the TeaHouse style clear teapot. its fat and round so I HAD to get that one. I just can't wait.

This looks so exciting!