Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-17-2007, 08:17 AM   #26
BlondeAmbition
Your Ex-lover Is Dead

BlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I used to be a coffee fiend! I started drinking it when I was 14 and often I could drink a whole pot if I was in the mood. It always tasted best first thing in the morning too.

My favourite type of coffee is Starbucks (Almond Cafe Latte Venti), or anything that is a darkroast will do. Ofcourse, flavoured cream is prefered (Vanilla or Bailey's Irish Cream). My appologizies to any Canadians I might offend by saying this but I really dislike Tim Horton's now. Just say "no" to the Timmy Ho.

Anyway, I'm not sure what happened but in the last six months, I sorta stopped drinking coffee altogether, putting an end to my daily routine. I might make a cup if I'm bored or have if I company but often times I won't finish it. Has anyone one experienced a change like this?
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love..
BlondeAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 10:04 AM   #27
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by activistfatgirl View Post
The coffee at my work is bad. We have one of those two pot industrial machines that keeps hot water in it at all times. We get coffee from a vendor that brings it to our door, little packets of colombian roast. I don't know if it's the machine, our water, the coffee--or all three combined--but the end result is not good.

It's usually bitter, leaves a strong taste in your mouth, doesn't have a good aroma, and burns the tummy.

I definitely still drink it, but it does make me consider bringing in a 4 cup machine and making my own. (if this is the most i have to be sad about today, that's pretty awesome!)
AFG: I worked one place with terrible coffee, and I got a cup that came with a one cup-size, re-usable, plastic filter that fit on top of the mug. So I could bring in my own coffee, put it in the filter on top of the mug, then fill the filter piece with hot water from the kettle (the water from your industrial machine might do the job), let it run through, and voila, pretty decent coffee.

And then I found a one cup plastic press pot, and had even better coffee :-)

The only downside is you have to wash out the filter or press pot after using.

And they made great conversation starters....

-Ed
Old 09-17-2007, 10:38 AM   #28
qwertyman173
Andy from UK

qwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this board

All I usually drink is decent instant coffee - this may seem like an oxymoron to some of you lol. But I cannot really afford to be splashing out on 3 ($6)for a cup of coffee in Starbucks every day.
qwertyman173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:06 PM   #29
BlondeAmbition
Your Ex-lover Is Dead

BlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
I'm and a coffee and tea loving girl.
Mmmmmmm tea with a bit of milk + honey = Yummy!
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love..
BlondeAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 12:37 PM   #30
qwertyman173
Andy from UK

qwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeAmbition View Post
Mmmmmmm tea with a bit of milk + honey = Yummy!
Honey in tea? Never heard of that! Will have to try it!
qwertyman173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:16 PM   #31
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Friendly reminder that there's a tea thread. Go there you dirty tea drinkers! (JK, I love it too).

Thanks for the suggestion, Edx. I don't think we have an ez way to do hot water. If we did, I'd definitely bring in my french press, which isn't being used. That would be pretty sweet. I wouldn't have to leave my office. :P
Old 09-17-2007, 01:29 PM   #32
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

Thanks for the suggestion, Edx. I don't think we have an ez way to do hot water. If we did, I'd definitely bring in my french press, which isn't being used. That would be pretty sweet. I wouldn't have to leave my office. :P
I know they are not as common in the US, but if you look around you should be able to get your hands on an electric kettle somewhere--then all you need is an outlet and a source of water. If you ever come to the canuck side of the border just go into the nearest thrift/St.VincentDePaul/etc store and you'll probably find one for two bucks. Or you can usually buy them new here for as little as about 10-12 bucks, or twice that for the cordless models. But I've heard complaints of expats that they can't easily find electric kettles down stateside, so I'm not sure how hard it is to find one there, or what the price would be like.

(note, also good for tea)

-Ed

Last edited by Tad; 09-17-2007 at 01:29 PM. Reason: tea comment
Tad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:36 PM   #33
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My office is full of crazed 'Buck's afficionados. One of my coworkers literally goes there four times a day I think and sweet talks the barristaquitas into giving him a free one sometimes. Most people get 4/5-shot Americanos n stuff...

I have to say, I ain't feelin it, although I've been *trying* to drink a cup a day (it's good for gallstones! *nerdy honk*). When I do drink coffee, I mostly care that it's black, strong but not bitter and if possible, in a nice china cup! Then it tastes better I really love a great cup of coffee after an amazing meal. I just have very plain tastes in it. Yum.

Oh! Highly recommended! If you're looking for something to dip in your coffee, I really like the *hazelnut milk chocolate* Lu Petit Ecolier biscuits, but it's gotta be the hazelnut/milk. It's a great combination with strong dark coffee...
liz (di-va) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 01:37 PM   #34
liz (di-va)

liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.liz (di-va) has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edx View Post
I know they are not as common in the US, but if you look around you should be able to get your hands on an electric kettle somewhere--then all you need is an outlet and a source of water. If you ever come to the canuck side of the border just go into the nearest thrift/St.VincentDePaul/etc store and you'll probably find one for two bucks. Or you can usually buy them new here for as little as about 10-12 bucks, or twice that for the cordless models. But I've heard complaints of expats that they can't easily find electric kettles down stateside, so I'm not sure how hard it is to find one there, or what the price would be like.
(note, also good for tea)
-Ed
They're not hard to find at all these days, quite the contrary. I'm passionately attached to mine...it's the best. Boiling water in scant minutes.
Old 09-17-2007, 06:00 PM   #35
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman173 View Post
Honey in tea? Never heard of that! Will have to try it!
WHAT?????

American's everywhere drink tea with honey!
At least everywhere I've been.
Although not all Americans do.

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 06:04 PM   #36
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz (di-va) View Post
My office is full of crazed 'Buck's afficionados. One of my coworkers literally goes there four times a day I think and sweet talks the barristaquitas into giving him a free one sometimes. Most people get 4/5-shot Americanos n stuff...

I have to say, I ain't feelin it, although I've been *trying* to drink a cup a day (it's good for gallstones! *nerdy honk*). When I do drink coffee, I mostly care that it's black, strong but not bitter and if possible, in a nice china cup! Then it tastes better I really love a great cup of coffee after an amazing meal. I just have very plain tastes in it. Yum.

Oh! Highly recommended! If you're looking for something to dip in your coffee, I really like the *hazelnut milk chocolate* Lu Petit Ecolier biscuits, but it's gotta be the hazelnut/milk. It's a great combination with strong dark coffee...
Perhaps your co-workers are 'Bucks' afficianados because there isn't an influx of specialty cafes around the country as there are in Seattle.
There are many coffee roaster/retailers out here that surpass in taste anything that Starbucks could ever dream of brewing!!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
Old 09-17-2007, 06:32 PM   #37
liz (di-va)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnnekked View Post
Perhaps your co-workers are 'Bucks' afficianados because there isn't an influx of specialty cafes around the country as there are in Seattle.
There are many coffee roaster/retailers out here that surpass in taste anything that Starbucks could ever dream of brewing!!!
I wouldn't say anywhere's as coffee-intensive as Seattle, but there are a lot of specialty cafes here--just not a lot within joggin distance of our job, which would be the defining factor in this case. Gotta be able to zoom on foot for coffee n back in no time.
Old 09-17-2007, 08:25 PM   #38
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetnnekked View Post
I wish that were the case here. The indie coffee places lack consistency, in roast, grind, and putting together a drink, and they largely taste like crap. Even when I lived in Seattle, though, I largely preferred Starbucks over everyone else's coffee except Diva (are they still around, by the way?)

I've tried to like other coffees, but at least up here they are fairly awful a significant amount of the time and I'm just not willing to risk $5 on a drink that may taste like crap. At least if it's mis-made at Starbucks, they will always remake it, and always give me a coupon for a future drink. I've yet to get that kind of guarantee at any of the coffee shops around here.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2007, 09:10 PM   #39
activistfatgirl

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I think it's apt that we wrestle a bit with the idea, the product, the monolith that is Starbucks here.

I'm on the opposite spectrum of Miss Vickie. I might prefer the Starbucks product than the indie shop, but I will ALWAYS shop indie whenever given the chance--even when the indie shop is inferior in product. If I were more legalistic, I'd avoid SB at all costs, but that's not how I roll. So if I'm road tripping or otherwise out of town and don't know an area, I'll go to SB. I just really want to support local businesses whenever possible, for all their quirkiness. Starbucks doesn't have my respect. Even if they make tasty coffee.

However, I will say that the indie shop I go to in Detroit has THE WORST COFFEE I've ever had. And I still go. Principles Schminciples...maybe I could get a small Starbucks coffee on the way over to the cafe? Or beg the owner to do something about his watery, acidic coffee?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:20 PM   #40
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

See now, for me, I drank Starbucks before they became the monolith that is Starbucks. I frequented the Pike Place Starbucks store, the first one ever. So the fact that Starbucks has grown up and become ginormous means little to me, because in my heart of hearts it's the same little coffee place it was before -- it's just more convenient since they, you know, are on every street corner.

Like you, AFG, I try to support indie places whenever possible, but I will not throw away my hard earned money for swill. I'll sometimes buy tea at those places, and usually delightful little goodies (since I don't care for Starbucks' pastries for the most part -- they taste overprocessed and yuck) but I'm not going to pay money for coffee that tastes like crap. We have a couple of places here in Anchorage that are decent, and I'll drink their coffee, but by and large our choices are for shit. You'd think, in a place where it's dark and cold nine months out of the year we'd have better options, but sadly, we don't.

Plus, I used to work at Starbucks, my son works there now to work his way through collage and they're a very pro-employee company, far better than just about any place I've worked (including the place I'm working now). I tell you, there are days when I'm so fed up with my job (not the work, or my patients who I adore, but some of the decisions our so called leadership makes) that I'm ready to don my green apron again. Ugh.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:26 PM   #41
activistfatgirl

That's a whole other thread, I imagine...the perils of nursing driving you back to the simpler days as a barista.

Hmm...you could write a book about it. Then the pay decrease wouldn't matter so much.

I totally hear you, Vickie. I think each opinion is valid. One day I'm going to find my indie cup of joe that makes my heart sing. I hope! Until then, I savor my special run-ins with Starbucks along the side of the freeway and on urban street corners. My most recent stop was at a SB deep in the heart of Kentucky--same old coffee, totally different accents.
Old 09-17-2007, 09:31 PM   #42
Miss Vickie

Quote:
That's a whole other thread, I imagine...the perils of nursing driving you back to the simpler days as a barista.

Hmm...you could write a book about it. Then the pay decrease wouldn't matter so much.
Pay decrease? Hell, I'm not even sure there would be a pay decrease. For all this talk of nursing shortages, we who are in the employ of the public don't get paid well. Not at my level, anyway. My boss, OTOH? Probably makes a small fortune.

Quote:
I totally hear you, Vickie. I think each opinion is valid. One day I'm going to find my indie cup of joe that makes my heart sing. I hope! Until then, I savor my special run-ins with Starbucks along the side of the freeway and on urban street corners. My most recent stop was at a SB deep in the heart of Kentucky--same old coffee, totally different accents.
Or better yet, maybe you could open your own place. Then you KNOW the coffee would be good, right? I used to have these daydreams about opening a book store/cafe that sold awesome coffee and delicious fresh baked pastries with live music, and local artwork on the walls -- like a hippie community centre. You know the kind of place I'm talking about, I'm sure. Wouldn't that be fun?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:41 PM   #43
activistfatgirl

That would be awesome! Hard work, too. I always try to temper my dreams with remembering what it would be like to wake up at 5am to open up my lil utopian store. UGH!

At least there would be coffee. Once I made some.
Old 09-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #44
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
...I might prefer the Starbucks product than the indie shop, but I will ALWAYS shop indie whenever given the chance--even when the indie shop is inferior in product. ...

However, I will say that the indie shop I go to in Detroit has THE WORST COFFEE I've ever had. And I still go. Principles Schminciples...maybe I could get a small Starbucks coffee on the way over to the cafe? Or beg the owner to do something about his watery, acidic coffee?
Hey I hear ya about the indie places, adding quirkiness to life and all, but I have to wonder, why would you throw away money for a poor product? Why would we want to encourage something that sucks to stick around? Don't torture yourself hon!

Starbucks is actually a very pro-employee company, as MissVickie pointed out. They frequently make the Forbes (or whatever) lists of "Best 100 companies to work for" based on employee benefits and all that jazz. I worked at an 'indie' coffee shop in college (one with GOOD coffee...imagine that haha!) and they had many people who they were screwing over by not giving them health insurance, etc. So, my point is....don't judge a book by the cover!

And, life's too short to martyr yourself with shitty coffee!
Old 09-18-2007, 12:33 AM   #45
TraciJo67
On Timeout

TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.TraciJo67 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
See now, for me, I drank Starbucks before they became the monolith that is Starbucks. I frequented the Pike Place Starbucks store, the first one ever. So the fact that Starbucks has grown up and become ginormous means little to me, because in my heart of hearts it's the same little coffee place it was before -- it's just more convenient since they, you know, are on every street corner.

Like you, AFG, I try to support indie places whenever possible, but I will not throw away my hard earned money for swill. I'll sometimes buy tea at those places, and usually delightful little goodies (since I don't care for Starbucks' pastries for the most part -- they taste overprocessed and yuck) but I'm not going to pay money for coffee that tastes like crap. We have a couple of places here in Anchorage that are decent, and I'll drink their coffee, but by and large our choices are for shit. You'd think, in a place where it's dark and cold nine months out of the year we'd have better options, but sadly, we don't.

Plus, I used to work at Starbucks, my son works there now to work his way through collage and they're a very pro-employee company, far better than just about any place I've worked (including the place I'm working now). I tell you, there are days when I'm so fed up with my job (not the work, or my patients who I adore, but some of the decisions our so called leadership makes) that I'm ready to don my green apron again. Ugh.
I agree, Vickie. Starbucks has some pretty consistently good coffee (or, in my case, espresso ... as I don't drink straight coffee). On the rare occassion when my order is wrong, they cheerfully remake it and will usually give me a coupon for a free drink. Another little known fact about Starbucks is that they frequently reward members who consistently use the Starbucks gift card (not the credit card ... the reloadable gift card). I use one so I don't have to worry about carrying cash at work. I cannot tell you how many times I've gotten an email letting me know that they've added another $10 to my balance as a loyalty reward. And the ladies at my local drive-through are constantly hooking me up with all sorts of freebies. Sometimes they will charge me 'tall' price for a 'venti' drink. A few times, they've waved me through and given me my drink for free.

I love Starbucks. I'd work there for an exchange, just to support my latte habit, if I had the free time .
TraciJo67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 03:27 AM   #46
Checksum Panic
Space Cowboy

Checksum Panic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesChecksum Panic can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I'm pretty sure I need coffee to live/function...
Old 09-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #47
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I ADORE Jamaican Blue Mountain -- it is so smooth and doesn't give you that jittery feeling after having several cups. Oh it is just yummy...it's a coffee I could sip all day.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:00 AM   #48
Tad
mostly harmless

Quote:
Or better yet, maybe you could open your own place. Then you KNOW the coffee would be good, right? I used to have these daydreams about opening a book store/cafe that sold awesome coffee and delicious fresh baked pastries with live music, and local artwork on the walls -- like a hippie community centre. You know the kind of place I'm talking about, I'm sure. Wouldn't that be fun?
I know the sort of place you are talking about....its in my neighborhood! Well pretty close to what you describe, anyway. It is primarily an independent book store, with an excellent selection even if it is not so large. They used to have the best coffee in the neighborhood, until a truly awesome independent coffee shop opened up down the road, but their coffee is still good, and reasonably priced--although they don't do the fancy drinks. They sell a very yummy array of cookies and squares. They don't generally have the local artists on their walls, but in the neighborhoods annual studio tour they give over their back room to the use of some local artist who does not have a good display space. They host a book club and have regular readings and book signings--and they promote readings and book signings at other stores and libraries in the city too. And to totally cap off the stereotype, it is owned by a married gay couple, who's adopted daughter is now in french immersion kindergarten at my son's school.

In all honesty, when we were hemming and hawing a little bit about buying our house, because of what we'd been hearing about the neighborhood at the time, that book store was one of the things that helped us decide that we did want to live here. I'm so glad that ten years later they are still in business!

-Ed
Old 09-19-2007, 01:41 AM   #49
GenericGeek
Wearin' my angry eyes

GenericGeek never has a post go unnoticedGenericGeek never has a post go unnoticedGenericGeek never has a post go unnoticedGenericGeek never has a post go unnoticedGenericGeek never has a post go unnoticedGenericGeek never has a post go unnoticedGenericGeek never has a post go unnoticedGenericGeek never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
See now, for me, I drank Starbucks before they became the monolith that is Starbucks. I frequented the Pike Place Starbucks store, the first one ever...
And I have fond memories of the little Starbucks in University Village. Ah, for the Starbucks of a bygone era -- the good old hippie days, when the Siren still had nipples!

BRING BACK THE NIPPLES, DAMMIT!!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:28 AM   #50
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenericGeek View Post
And I have fond memories of the little Starbucks in University Village. Ah, for the Starbucks of a bygone era -- the good old hippie days, when the Siren still had nipples!

BRING BACK THE NIPPLES, DAMMIT!!!
Yes, NIPPLES! WE NEED MORE NIPPLES!!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter