Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-16-2007, 08:10 AM   #26
KuroBara
"She Coo"

KuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging inKuroBara makes people happy simply by logging in

Canned Salmon and mackerel. I used to eat them all the time when I was younger. My mom would make awesome "croquettes" with rice and scrambled eggs, a real black Southern country breakfast. But now, I can't stand the smell of them. Wheat noodles don't rock with me either.

FaceBook and FarmVille, Yo!Ville, Mafia Wars and Cafe World addict! ID: Geralyn Holmes
KuroBara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 10:22 AM   #27
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Some Thai peanut sauce from a jar that I got from the natural grocery more than 10 years ago. I tried it on several different things (I expected it to be fine on noodles) but it was just grotesque.

Different category, but Chinese food from the place across the street from my work last year. They were fine the first 8 or 9 times, but the last time the fried rice tasted like soapy steel wool dishwater.

Gotta give a shout-out to food poisoning too.
Old 09-16-2007, 11:16 AM   #28
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amarintha View Post
Asparagus.

I dont care how its prepared. i hates it >.<
Amarintha stole mine. I've given asparagus.. aspergrass several chances including wild asparagus (which is a craze in southeastern Idaho) and I just don't like it. Steamed, creamed, sauced, gravy'd, stir-fry'd.. yucky!

My distant relations were iron workers, and when that didn't pan out, they switched to farming and sheep ranching. Every family reunion, someone has to make something with lamb. Lamb is just too gamey for me. Its another one of those meats that people will cover with something else to make it taste good. Mint Jelly? Chili Sauce? whatever. Yucky.

Last edited by Fuzzy; 09-16-2007 at 11:18 AM.
Fuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:05 PM   #29
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
Some Thai peanut sauce from a jar that I got from the natural grocery more than 10 years ago. I tried it on several different things (I expected it to be fine on noodles) but it was just grotesque...
I think it might have tasted better 9.5 years ago...

I am glad I am not the only one who has gourmet food items that have been waiting (way too long) for just the right time to be eaten...

Oh wait...did this take PLACE 10 yrs ago? I think I misunderstood!!! LOL
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #30
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
This is sure to be a controversial post, but, I really dislike the green bean casserole soup mush with onion thingies on top. The smell, sight, texture and viscosity of it just squicks me right out.

Esme you are not alone. My Uncle calls that dish "Elephant Puke". I think it is an apt discription. Yuck!

Other than that casserole I think calf liver - I love chicken liver - but calf liver is too strong of a taste. I like gizzards too! Oh yeah I hate Rhubarb. I have one rule when eating - I don't eat anything that can poison me.

Last edited by Sandie_Zitkus; 09-16-2007 at 01:19 PM.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:19 PM   #31
Mindee

Mindee carries a lot of weight on this boardMindee carries a lot of weight on this boardMindee carries a lot of weight on this boardMindee carries a lot of weight on this boardMindee carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie View Post
MELONS - all types, but cantaloupe and honeydew specifically.

A butterburger from Culver's restaurant. I took two bites and threw it out. I never through food out.
What is a butterburger? I assume it's not a grilled stick of butter between 2 buns!
Mindee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 01:26 PM   #32
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

The mere smell of cantaloupe makes me gag. No way a bite would go into my mouth.
Old 09-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #33
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
The mere smell of cantaloupe makes me gag. No way a bite would go into my mouth.
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who dislikes cantaloupe. People always give me strange looks when I say I can't stand the smell of it and won't eat it. There's some sort of sharp, acidic smell that mingles with the fruitiness that just makes me gag.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2007, 04:38 PM   #34
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

And...whenever cantaloupe or honeydew are mixed in a fruit salad (which invariably they almost always are) the rest of the otherwise wonderful fruit is ruined as well.

Mindee they are at Culver's. I think they call them that because they fry their burgers in butter..and then butter the buns to toast them. I found it very very unappealing, but some people find them all the rage.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:53 PM   #35
QtPatooti
beach bum wannabe

QtPatooti does more than just post hot picsQtPatooti does more than just post hot picsQtPatooti does more than just post hot pics

Cabbage!!! Slaw!!! Sour Kraut! yuk yuk yuk!!!
Old 09-16-2007, 05:54 PM   #36
CleverBomb
On Space Out

CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.CleverBomb has ascended what used to be the highest level.

You can't pre-cook lobster then keep it on a steam-table serving line.

-Rusty
CleverBomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 09:26 PM   #37
TearInYourHand
Mistress Member

TearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions communityTearInYourHand is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverBomb View Post
You can't pre-cook lobster then keep it on a steam-table serving line.

-Rusty
A-fuckin-men.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:34 PM   #38
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

My secretary's son used to eat green grapes with yellow mustard on them. I would tell him to go in the other room because just the sight of it made me gag.
Old 09-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #39
littleBigfan

littleBigfan has said some nice things

Goat cheese. Couldn't get it the hell out of my mouth fast enough. Bleat, bleat...
littleBigfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:25 AM   #40
IdahoCynth
Cockchafer

IdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions communityIdahoCynth is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Green beans, lima beans, cooked cabbage, brussel sprouts. I'm sure I could hate lots of other food... I just don't get out much.

On the other side of the coin.. I like the liver and cantaloupe ya all are diss'n
IdahoCynth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:08 AM   #41
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy_Cream View Post
including my ex-husband...I seem to recall him saying he liked duck.

honey, i think maybe he wasn't saying *d*uck?

heh. i keed.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:21 AM   #42
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Shark. My grandma was an excellent cook but extremely stubborn and set in her ways. I was around six years old and she purchased it from a local supermarket. I'm sure a landlocked state like Vermont is full of super fresh dorsal finned killer creatures. Anyway, the thought of shark was vomitious and I was forced to try it but I started to cry hysterically after my first bite! It was just about the funkiest tasting creature ever. So yes, 20 years later, I haven't tried shark since, don't want to think about but the memory still lingers and won't go away!
MissToodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:29 AM   #43
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I was in Paris three weeks ago I ate a few bites of Foie Gras that turned my stomach and tasted like BLECH. My stomach hasn't been right since.

Also when I was a kid my father had some sugar free grape jelly in the cabinet. I ate some and the taste was so wretched, so horrible, so stomach curdling that I couldn't eat for a week after. GECKH, I'm sick again just thinking about it.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:37 AM   #44
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

School cafeteria canned spinach. I was forced to sit there and outwait teachers for years so I could dump that crap. The mere thought makes me heave.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:24 AM   #45
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Chunky Soup

the thought of it makes me want to vomit

(because when I was a kid and we went camping someone had the brilliant idea of mixing about 4 different kinds together and feeding it to us kids)

*hurl*
Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 12:39 PM   #46
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
School cafeteria canned spinach. I was forced to sit there and outwait teachers for years so I could dump that crap. The mere thought makes me heave.
That's what the milk carton was for. You drank the milk and stashed the icky stuff inside it.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 01:09 PM   #47
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esme View Post
That's what the milk carton was for. You drank the milk and stashed the icky stuff inside it.
At least once a week the milk was "blinky." EWWWWWW
Old 09-19-2007, 06:08 PM   #48
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

I can't stand dark chocolate. Also, and I'll be ran out of the forums with pitchforks for this one, anything baked that's chocolate. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE milk chocolate (candy bars and such), but I can't stand the taste of anything remotely cocoa-y like chocolate cake, brownies, chocolate frosting, chocolate ice cream, chocolate donuts, hot cocoa, etc. Yeah, odd quirk, lol.

Green olives are on my hate list too. As is lutifisk. If you know what that is you get my scandinavian approval.
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:11 PM   #49
steely

steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!steely has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Canned asparagus.I love fresh asparagus.It's hard to find it fresh year round.
I tried to eat canned and literally almost threw up.
steely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM   #50
gypsy
gone

gypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
As is lutifisk. If you know what that is you get my scandinavian approval.
Yeah... no. I've heard it described by a Swede. Ain't no way even *I* am touching that.