Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #51
Esme

Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Esme has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
At least once a week the milk was "blinky." EWWWWWW
I don't know what that means, and for that, I'm truly grateful.
Esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 06:14 PM   #52
gypsy
gone

gypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging in

For me, and anyone that knows me is quite aware of the fact that I will eat and enjoy pretty much anything...

It's a tossup (no pun intended, rofl) between Sea Urchin and Limburger Cheese.

BLECH.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:18 PM   #53
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoCynth View Post
Green beans, lima beans, cooked cabbage, brussel sprouts. I'm sure I could hate lots of other food... I just don't get out much.

On the other side of the coin.. I like the liver and cantaloupe ya all are diss'n
One of my mother's secrets was liver and onions. Oh My Stars! I usually have to resort to finding the greasiest spoon/truck-stop type/midnight interstate cafe to get the liver and onions like Mom used to make. (And I way overtip when I find it)
Old 09-19-2007, 08:24 PM   #54
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
School cafeteria canned spinach. I was forced to sit there and outwait teachers for years so I could dump that crap. The mere thought makes me heave.
At the elementary/junior high/high school that I attended in West Texas, when the cafeteria served canned spinach, they had bottles of distilled white vinegar with cayenne peppers stuffed inside on the table along with the salt and pepper shakers. To this day, when I have spinach, or turnip greens, or chard.. I've got to have my vinegar. (And yeah.. that means I like canned spinach.. )
Old 09-19-2007, 08:27 PM   #55
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surlysomething View Post
Chunky Soup

the thought of it makes me want to vomit

(because when I was a kid and we went camping someone had the brilliant idea of mixing about 4 different kinds together and feeding it to us kids)

*hurl*
When I was in college, a family friend donated two cases of the now-discontinued Campbell's Chunky Fisherman's Stew. (They were about to expire.. but you know that stuff has so much preservative, it'll last decades past its date)

After the first few cans, which was like New England Clam Chowder with several different kinds of fish in it, it wasn't bad. Half-way thru the second case.. it was just nasty.
Old 09-19-2007, 08:47 PM   #56
ScreamingChicken
One of 50,298

ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!ScreamingChicken keeps pushing the rep limit!

A toss up (and I do mean a toss up) between broccoli and brussel sprouts.
ScreamingChicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:54 PM   #57
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

OKRA!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need I say more???? Kara

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 08:55 PM   #58
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScreamingChicken View Post
A toss up (and I do mean a toss up) between broccoli and brussel sprouts.
I wasn't too keen on broccoli as a kid. And then after one late night of night skiing on some blustery, bone-chilled, snow-covered, frost-bitten, toe-frozen, mountain on the edge of nowhere in the Colorado Rockies.. The only hot food available in the ramshakle goldminer's lodge was Cream of Broccoli soup.

Oh My Stars. Broccoli lover ever since.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:16 PM   #59
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

My worst foods are probably pretty tame since i was raised a vegetarian. We went to an asian grocery store and ran across some fake tuna to make like tuna salad with it. The fake tuna was vegetarian so my mom picked up a tube of it. (one should know most tube form food is gross anyways) Well we opened it up and tried to make the tuna salad out of it but the smell was so god awful that i couldn't even put it in my mouth. I think it smelled like the real stuff so it psyched me out. (having never had meat, the mere idea of eating it sickens me) I tried a bite of it and it was just gross beyond gross.

The other nasty thing i had was at a completely vegetarian Chinese restaurant. All the "meat" dishes were made from various fake meat components. My parents ordered a shrimp dish. I wasn't thrilled with the fact that it looked like shrimp. I popped the sucker in my mouth and it was so nasty. It tasted like fish smells and the texture was what cornstarch boogers are like. (you know when you get a glob of cornstarch in a dish that hasn't mixed in well)

Some of my always hated foods are melons (except water), brussel sprouts, canned mushrooms and pretty much any kind of squash except yellow and zucchini
Old 09-19-2007, 09:41 PM   #60
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy View Post
Yeah... no. I've heard it described by a Swede. Ain't no way even *I* am touching that.
Smart girl, lol. My dad loves the stuff. Much of my family is Swedish so it's prepared now and then and I run the other way. *laughs*
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 10:14 PM   #61
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy View Post
At the elementary/junior high/high school that I attended in West Texas, when the cafeteria served canned spinach, they had bottles of distilled white vinegar with cayenne peppers stuffed inside on the table along with the salt and pepper shakers. To this day, when I have spinach, or turnip greens, or chard.. I've got to have my vinegar. (And yeah.. that means I like canned spinach.. )
Fuzzy, my father taught me that you put vinegar on greens to "kill the taste."

However, I went to elementary school with a kid who would dig his dirty fingers into the bottle and get the peppers out. Kinda put me off pickled peppers (or pepper sauce).
Old 09-19-2007, 10:50 PM   #62
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There are very few foods I don't like but the worst thing I've eaten, that's even worse than liver, is wheat grass juice. What the hell ever possessed someone to make juice out of GRASS??? It tastes like when I was a little kid and would fall head first into the lawn and get a mouth full of grass clippings. Ugh. Who wants to relive that??? It tastes so bad, I can barely keep it down without throwing it back up. Burtimus loves it but it is the most disgusting thing I ever hope to taste.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 11:03 PM   #63
Santaclear
User

Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.Santaclear has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HottiMegan View Post
My worst foods are probably pretty tame since i was raised a vegetarian. We went to an asian grocery store and ran across some fake tuna to make like tuna salad with it. The fake tuna was vegetarian so my mom picked up a tube of it. (one should know most tube form food is gross anyways) Well we opened it up and tried to make the tuna salad out of it but the smell was so god awful that i couldn't even put it in my mouth. I think it smelled like the real stuff so it psyched me out. (having never had meat, the mere idea of eating it sickens me) I tried a bite of it and it was just gross beyond gross.
The other nasty thing i had was at a completely vegetarian Chinese restaurant. All the "meat" dishes were made from various fake meat components. My parents ordered a shrimp dish. I wasn't thrilled with the fact that it looked like shrimp. I popped the sucker in my mouth and it was so nasty. It tasted like fish smells and the texture was what cornstarch boogers are like. (you know when you get a glob of cornstarch in a dish that hasn't mixed in well)
Some of my always hated foods are melons (except water), brussel sprouts, canned mushrooms and pretty much any kind of squash except yellow and zucchini
OK, I read thru most of these posts which are about supposedly disgusting things and I was just fine, but when I got to your part about "cornstarch boogers" I did sorta gag.
Old 09-19-2007, 11:34 PM   #64
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
OK, I read thru most of these posts which are about supposedly disgusting things and I was just fine, but when I got to your part about "cornstarch boogers" I did sorta gag.
When my sisters now deceased mom in law made a ' stew ' after my sister had her first kid, I was heating it up for dinner and I knew it was going to be bad. The woman was Welsh, and her idea of spicy food was..ketchup. The stew was beef ( tough ), potatoes, a few shards of onion...and..oh yeah...strange little balls that were slippery on the outside and poofs of dry flour on the inside. Vonnie, you were a nice woman..but oh my god, your cooking!!
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 05:37 AM   #65
gypsy
gone

gypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging ingypsy makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
Smart girl, lol. My dad loves the stuff. Much of my family is Swedish so it's prepared now and then and I run the other way. *laughs*
I was also told by the same Swede that you cannot bring a can of it on a plane because it is considered a 'hazard' if it explodes from the gas buildup inside the can.

I think he just might have been shitting me, though.
Old 09-20-2007, 08:00 AM   #66
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santaclear View Post
lol yeah, gagging isn't polite in restaurants but i wanted to! There are far better veggie restaurants in the San Jose area that we never went back to that place.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:58 PM   #67
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I went to fat camp when I was a young teen they served tuna croquettes which were SO dry and disgusting. Inedible, even for the hungry desperate campers.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2007, 08:06 PM   #68
PamelaLois
ILL-INI

PamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions communityPamelaLois is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Green olives are on my hate list too. As is lutifisk. If you know what that is you get my scandinavian approval.
My uncle was Swedish and he liked to try to do things the old fashioned way. One fall he decided to try to make Lutefisk himself. He found some sort of recipe for how to make the lye from wood ashes, and so on. He diligently followed the directions, using it as a "teaching" tool for us cousins, then he insisted we kids taste the stuff at Christmas. I almost barfed on his shoes! What kind of insane starving frozen swede ever came up with pickling fish in lye? EW EW EW EW EW EW

Oh yeah, Alton Brown and his guys on Feasting on Asphalt just had a segment on Lutefisk, they couldn't stomach the stuff either.
Old 09-21-2007, 12:33 PM   #69
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by PamelaLois View Post
My uncle was Swedish and he liked to try to do things the old fashioned way. One fall he decided to try to make Lutefisk himself. He found some sort of recipe for how to make the lye from wood ashes, and so on. He diligently followed the directions, using it as a "teaching" tool for us cousins, then he insisted we kids taste the stuff at Christmas. I almost barfed on his shoes! What kind of insane starving frozen swede ever came up with pickling fish in lye? EW EW EW EW EW EW

Oh yeah, Alton Brown and his guys on Feasting on Asphalt just had a segment on Lutefisk, they couldn't stomach the stuff either.
There's an old rumor that when they'd prepare it in the old days they'd set it outside their doors overnight. Dogs would come by and pee on it and no one would know the difference!
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:17 PM   #70
sunnie1653
Happiest. Mommy. Ever. :)

sunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitysunnie1653 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
<snip!> As is lutifisk. If you know what that is you get my scandinavian approval.

Lutefisk is by far, the most disgusting, raunchy, nasty ... foulness I've ever seen/smelled/tasted in all my life.

Just... gross.

And peas. I HATE PEAS!!!!!
sunnie1653 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #71
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

(Forgive me, as some of this I've posted here before...)

1. When I was about 4 I climbed up onto the kitchen counter and found what I thought was an entire chocolate bar. Then I bit into it and found out there was such a thing as unsweetened baking chocolate. The Aztecs reportedly consumed their chocolate without sugar, and now I know why they threw themselves off the tops of pyramids.

2. Around the same magical time of childhood, I climbed up on the counter and found what I thought was a huge can of frosting. Then I took a giant gob in my fingers and found out what Crisco was.

3. My step-mother, an excellent cook otherwise, would make blowfish in a casserole type thing every once in a while. Her biological children loved it, but my father and I saw the truth, like Roddy Piper with his magic glasses. But on our tongues. It also smelled like, well, a blowfish casserole. I tried it once because I was seven and my step mother was a hardass with a thick German accent, but that was the end of it.

4. My biological mother, also an excellent cook, had a thing for liver and onions and every once in a while insisted on making it for me, perhaps wondering if my palette had matured since the last time I'd thrown it up all over the table. I was the kid who ate everything, but that was where I found my limit. I still hate liver and onions, though I love foie gras and Jewish deli style chopped liver.

5. As an exchange student in high school, the first meal I was served in the Birmingham, England suburb where I was doing my exchanging was kidney pie. My hosts didn't really tell me what it was. But then I ate some and they thought my reaction was such a hoot that they then told me what it was, in hopes of eliciting a stronger, even more hilarious reaction, and were entirely successful.

6. Stoned, I ate a high school cafeteria sloppy joe. There isn't enough THC in Tommy Chong's pubes to make one of those things edible.

7. In my first apartment I stupidly kept a box of Raisin Bran in my kitchen cabinet, rather than the fridge. It was early in the morning and dark and I poured a bowl for myself, adding milk. I took a bite before I realized there were mouse turds floating in the milk.

8. In my trips to Mexico I've eaten all sorts of strange things in the name of North American brotherhood. I've eaten insects (fried crickets), larvae (ant egg pods), and a pig's uterus. Insects and their larvae taste like dirt, literally. A pig's uterus tastes like what you'd imagine. Another less exotic delicacy are nopales, little fried chunks of cactus. They're slimy and horrible.

9. I ate an oyster in South Brooklyn that I knew was bad, instantly. It tasted like sewage smells. I still eat oysters but now I smell them first.

10. I had a pizza in Bozeman, Montana that was unspeakable.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 02:34 PM   #72
activistfatgirl
donuts at the finish line

activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.activistfatgirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

<Walks around the thread with a huge plate, eating everyone's cantaloupe, asparagus, brussel sprouts, okra, and broccoli>

YES!

Anything that's still an animal is on my ralph list. Full head of fish, crab and lobster bodies, animal parts of all kinds. Any time meat is in a grouping larger than a hamburger or a hotdog.

Pigroast? *faints*
Old 09-21-2007, 03:29 PM   #73
Dr. Feelgood
intellectual nerd

Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.Dr. Feelgood has ascended what used to be the highest level.

[QUOTE=tres huevos;5634013.
10. I had a pizza in Bozeman, Montana that was unspeakable.[/QUOTE]

This brought back old memories of junior high school. If there was leftover corn bread, it was saved to reappear on Friday, doused with ketchup and languishing under a slab of Velveeta. Ta daaa! Pizza! Urk.
'Bout fo' hundred pound...
-- Dr. Feelgood & the Interns
Dr. Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:30 PM   #74
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos View Post
[snip....]7. In my first apartment I stupidly kept a box of Raisin Bran in my kitchen cabinet, rather than the fridge. It was early in the morning and dark and I poured a bowl for myself, adding milk. I took a bite before I realized there were mouse turds floating in the milk.

8. In my trips to Mexico I've eaten all sorts of strange things in the name of North American brotherhood. I've eaten insects (fried crickets), larvae (ant egg pods), and a pig's uterus. Insects and their larvae taste like dirt, literally. A pig's uterus tastes like what you'd imagine. Another less exotic delicacy are nopales, little fried chunks of cactus. They're slimy and horrible.[....snip]
This post should have come with a warning. EWWWWWWWWWWW!!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2007, 03:47 PM   #75
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
This brought back old memories of junior high school. If there was leftover corn bread, it was saved to reappear on Friday, doused with ketchup and languishing under a slab of Velveeta. Ta daaa! Pizza! Urk.
Corn bread! This has been done to death in other Foodee Board threads, but I'm horrified by what passes in other parts of the world as God's Perfect Food. The Bozeman version had a thick, bready crust, the taste and consistency of a Southern-style biscuit, the cheese was Jack-style and gloopy and thick, and the sauce, while not ketchup, was sweet and had the texture of pus. And it was covered with avocado and other odd things. Granted, I could have avoided the strange toppings, but I was with some locals who insisted "that's how they do it." This was 6 years ago and I'm still, obviously, scarred by the experience.

In defense of Bozeman's food, I ate some incredible steaks there and drank some locally-brewed beer that was great. Breakfasts were also stellar.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote