Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 10-06-2005, 05:32 AM   #1
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default Halloween

Candy Corn; says it all. What are your favorites?

One time as a kid, I did all the rounds of my neighborhood. Then I went home, changed costumes and grabbed another empty bag and did them all again.
Gordo Mejor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 05:39 AM   #2
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Anything chocolate and fun sized: snickers, milky way, peanut butter cups. My sister, who is almost eight years older than me, would claim some of my bounty for herself. I never liked the people in my old building who gave us healthy snacks like apples or oranges or the really religious people who gaves us pamphlets about Jesus. Takes all the fun out of a free candy holiday.
Old 10-06-2005, 07:44 AM   #3
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Candy Corn! Yes, I have to agree with you. I love that and the little autumn mix with the pumkins that comes out.

Snickers pumkins.

And this year, I am attempting to make some little monster cupcakes for work. Maybe they will become the new fave.
Old 10-06-2005, 10:36 AM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Gordo, first of all - love that avatar!

And about Halloween, well - I do like candy corn - but probably only around this time of year. I get my fill...and then next fall find myself drawn to it again!

I also like caramel and candy apples. They also start calling my name this time of year! Here are some yummy ones Mrs. Prindables

I remember one house on our street always gave out something super special. Either candy apples, or popcorn balls, or some other gourmet delight. My other favorite house gave away pennies wrapped in foil to look like chocolate kisses. I guess I liked getting 10 cents more than a bite of chocolate! (in those days - not now )

I was a fat kid and probably wouldn't have been able to pull off a second costume in the same night. I would have been recognized. But I wouldn't have minded raiding your goodie bag and sweet talking you out of some of your sweets!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 10:48 AM   #5
Sandie S-R

Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie S-R keeps pushing the rep limit!

We did a pre Halloween favorite last weekend. Our grandson was here, and we made homemade caramel. We dipped the apples in Caramel, then Chocolate, then rolled in peanuts. Gourmet carmel apples. Verrrrrry yummy. There are a couple of other neighborhood kids that hang out with Charlie, so I will likely do this again closer to Halloween and give them out to the kids we know. It really is quite a treat!

Sandie S-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:12 AM   #6
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordo Mejor
Candy Corn; says it all. What are your favorites?

One time as a kid, I did all the rounds of my neighborhood. Then I went home, changed costumes and grabbed another empty bag and did them all again.
Oh, my, it's all about the FUN-SIZE CHOCOLATE candy bars.
I think my favorite fun-size is the Snickers Cruncher. I don't care for that candy bar in full size, but as a mini, gettoutta here.

Halloween is the official start of Chocolate Season, so get out and enjoy it!
Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 11:13 AM   #7
Cat
Gone baby gone

Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Cat has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Snickers pumkins.
OH! I love those too, Jamie. Come Christmas time, the best is the Snickers Nutcracker. Yum!
Old 10-06-2005, 12:05 PM   #8
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
OH! I love those too, Jamie. Come Christmas time, the best is the Snickers Nutcracker. Yum!

Don't forget the Snicker's Easter Eggs... Oh.. and the Snickers Hearts round Valentine's...I am a loyal girl.
Old 10-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #9
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

OMG - Snickers minis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snickers is it for me!! I LOOVE LOOVE LOOVE "EM!

YUMMY
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 12:22 PM   #10
Cat
Gone baby gone

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Don't forget the Snicker's Easter Eggs... Oh.. and the Snickers Hearts round Valentine's...I am a loyal girl.
hehehe. I see that. Oh, and trust me, I won't forget 'em!!

I keep waiting for the Snickers Flags around the 4th of July, but nooooooo....Denied! Or whatabout the Snicker Turkeys? Nope, denied!
We should have all of our holidays covered, darn it.
Old 10-06-2005, 04:39 PM   #11
ChickletsBBW
Mostly a Voyeur :)

ChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this boardChickletsBBW carries a lot of weight on this board

hhmm... i have a weakness for the big bags of Reese's Pieces
ChickletsBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 04:46 PM   #12
Carol W.

Carol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Candy bars! Fun size are good, full size are better! Paydays, Mars bars, Baby Ruths, and hey, now, they have a Snickers with Almonds in it and it's divine. I usually fill a big bowl and, since we have only a few neighborhood kids who stop in, guess who gets the rest of them???? And oh, yes, definitely some candy corn in keeping with the spirit of things. Spirit-ha ha ha! what a terrible pun!!!
Carol W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2005, 07:05 PM   #13
jamie
...tickled...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat
I keep waiting for the Snickers Flags around the 4th of July, but nooooooo....Denied! Or whatabout the Snicker Turkeys? Nope, denied!
We should have all of our holidays covered, darn it.
Hahahahah... I was thinking the same thing about the flags. I had forgotten the poor turkeys though. I am not much much of a chocolate candy bar eater, but I do have a sweet spot for the lil Snickers incarnations.

I will keep my fingers crossed for lil Abe Lincolns for President's Day.
Old 10-07-2005, 01:13 AM   #14
Tracyarts

Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!Tracyarts keeps pushing the rep limit!

Hot apple cider, popcorn balls, and "retro" candy.

Apple cider:
- One quart bottle of apple cider
- One cup pineapple juice
- 4 Celestial Seasoning "Bengal Spice" teabags or equivalent in mulling spices.
Combine and simmer until spices are diffused in juices. Remove teabags/spice packet, and serve warm. The pineapple juice just gives it a special "kick".

Popcorn balls: Pop your popcorn on the stove, like people used to do before microwaves! This is very important to get the old-fashioned flavor. Then make up a syrup with sugar, water, a little vanilla and salt, and boil until you get to the brittle thread stage. (No recipe for the syrup, I just add stuff until it looks right). Drizzle syrup over bowl of popcorn and stir fast with wooden spoon, as soon as it is cool enough to handle, form into balls with well buttered hands. (You can use brown sugar to get a more crackerjack flavor.)

Retro candy: Not a recipe, but a list. Mary Janes, peanut butter bars, rootbeer barrels, dum-dums, peanut butter taffy, chick-a-sticks, bit o' honey, good 'n plenty, fudge caramels, neopolitan caramels, pixie sticks, candy dots, wax lips, astro pops, sugar daddies, and all those other candies from my childhood.

Tracy
Tracyarts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2005, 03:10 AM   #15
Delaney

Snickers Bars, hands down!
Old 10-07-2005, 05:26 AM   #16
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

when it comes to candy bars, I like Milky Way, Mounds, Almond Joy and 100 Grand best.
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
Old 10-07-2005, 10:31 PM   #17
wtchmel

wtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokeswtchmel can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

My favorite holiday! Nothing like the smell of a halloween bag filled with candy, the smell of all mixed together candy,gum and what not, I just love that smell. I go for the chocolate fare, and gum. i'm a huge gum person, mainly because chewing it releases stress. Without gum, i clench.
most favorite, ummmm, reeses pb cups, and snickers.
We give out full size candy bars on halloween, and this year, i'm going to get king size bars to pass out!
Old 10-08-2005, 02:14 AM   #18
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep

My favorite candy bars include....Milky Way, Three Musketeers, Mounds, Hershey crunch bars and I'm a great fan of white chocolate (the ultimate being white chocolate crunch) and my new favorite Hershey caramel kisses!

I've only been living here since July, so I have no idea what the turn-out at Halloween will be like. I'll need to have plenty of goodies on hand...just to be prepared. Perhaps the turn-out will be low and I won't be able to let all that good stuff go to waste....one can hope, eh?
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:24 AM   #19
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This year, I'm just handing out pints of high fructose corn syrup. It's all about the sugar rush in my 'hood.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:40 PM   #20
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Wink Never been much for Candy Corn

I LOVE Butterfingers! Halloween seems to be the only time I actually buy Butterfinger candy bars and I don't know why, I love them year 'round. YUM
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 06:44 PM   #21
coyote wild
You'll love me, I swear.

coyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this boardcoyote wild carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
Anything chocolate and fun sized: snickers, milky way, peanut butter cups. My sister, who is almost eight years older than me, would claim some of my bounty for herself. I never liked the people in my old building who gave us healthy snacks like apples or oranges or the really religious people who gaves us pamphlets about Jesus. Takes all the fun out of a free candy holiday.
the last time i went trick-or-treating was my freshman year of HS. my friend and i got these flat, tightly packed things, thinking "awesome, someone gave us sandwiches!!"

upon checking our booty (hehe) we found that they weren't sandwiches, but tiny bibles. we were sorely disappointed. then, we realized, that even if they were sandwiches, they were more likely to be poisoned, so we figured it was probably a good thing that they weren't sandwiches.
Old 10-08-2005, 06:46 PM   #22
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

If you like Butterfingers, have you tried Chik-o-Stix?

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 07:25 PM   #23
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatlane
If you like Butterfingers, have you tried Chik-o-Stix?
I have, but it's been a long time since I've had one. If memory serves I found I liked Butterfingers better, but darn it now you've put it in my head I need to seek out a Chik-o-Stick for a new comparison
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 10:19 AM   #24
Redhotphatgirl
Summer time summer time

Redhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging inRedhotphatgirl makes people happy simply by logging in
Default Hello my other foodee friends

Hey Jamie,Cat,Randi,Toodles,and everyone else.

Give me peanut butter kisses, candy corn with the chocolate tips and any fun size candy bars ....mmmmmmmmm
Redhotphatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 11:11 AM   #25
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhotphatgirl
Hey Jamie,Cat,Randi,Toodles,and everyone else.
Welcome to the board, Cat! It's a fun place. Come hungry!