Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 10-20-2007, 12:34 AM   #51
sangeluna

sangeluna has said some nice things

A week and a half ago, I wrote:
Altogether, Iíve gained an inch on my chest and hips, and 4 inches on my waist. And my belly is starting to poke out above my pants (sorry donít have a camera or Iíd show yíall).

Then Weejee wrote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weejee View Post
Boy am I jealous! For every ounce I gain on my belly, I must gain THREE on my hips and butt. Who gives a dang about hips and butt? I always had a big fat butt and hips, even when my weight was average!

Grrrrr!
Donít knock it, Weej: gaining on the hips and butt means you still have a figure. And anyway, itís healthier than gaining on the belly (unless the belly gain is mainly subcutaneous fat and your knees are really strong).

The issue of where I gain is something thatís concerned me, too, in that I was hoping to gain a little more in my bust than I have so far. I still want to have a figure, as I gain.

My scale was on the blink today (one of those electronic ones that need the battery replaced once in a while), so I replaced it this afternoon, and Iíll weigh in the morning right after I wake up.

That said, as of this morning, Iím now up another inch in the bust, another 2 in the hips, and negative-one in my belly -- Iím not sure I measured my belly properly, last week. I try to measure an inch above the navel, and stand in front of the mirror, so I can see if the tape is riding up my back. But it doesnít matter, as my belly is generally rolier than it was last week, and my size-12 jeans are finally getting a little tight, especially when Iím sitting down! So I count that as progress.

Luv,
Henna
sangeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 06:58 PM   #52
jello4me

jello4me has said some nice things
Wink weejee's gain

Congrats wejee - Nothing wrong with expanding hips and butt - I prefer belly fat on a woman but keep eating, good things come to those who stuff.
jello4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 02:15 PM   #53
Chubbyadmirer86

Chubbyadmirer86 can now change their title

Quote:
Boy am I jealous! For every ounce I gain on my belly, I must gain THREE on my hips and butt. Who gives a dang about hips and butt? I always had a big fat butt and hips, even when my weight was average!

Grrrrr!
Lots of people care about hips and butt. Some people (like me) even prefer them over belly fat.
Chubbyadmirer86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 03:36 PM   #54
thepiscn

thepiscn has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeluna View Post
A week and a half ago, I wrote:
Altogether, Iíve gained an inch on my chest and hips, and 4 inches on my waist. And my belly is starting to poke out above my pants (sorry donít have a camera or Iíd show yíall).

Then Weejee wrote:

Donít knock it, Weej: gaining on the hips and butt means you still have a figure. And anyway, itís healthier than gaining on the belly (unless the belly gain is mainly subcutaneous fat and your knees are really strong).

The issue of where I gain is something thatís concerned me, too, in that I was hoping to gain a little more in my bust than I have so far. I still want to have a figure, as I gain.

My scale was on the blink today (one of those electronic ones that need the battery replaced once in a while), so I replaced it this afternoon, and Iíll weigh in the morning right after I wake up.

That said, as of this morning, Iím now up another inch in the bust, another 2 in the hips, and negative-one in my belly -- Iím not sure I measured my belly properly, last week. I try to measure an inch above the navel, and stand in front of the mirror, so I can see if the tape is riding up my back. But it doesnít matter, as my belly is generally rolier than it was last week, and my size-12 jeans are finally getting a little tight, especially when Iím sitting down! So I count that as progress.

Luv,
Henna
Your killin me Henna :-D
thepiscn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:55 PM   #55
Weejee

Weejee can now change their title
Default Thank You All!

Thank you to all you sweet people who said the butt and hip gains were not so bad. You made me fel better. I always hated being a "pear" but now I feel okay, knowing not everyone thinks the body type hideous

Once I lost a ton of weight trying to get rid of the pear shape. it didn't work. I was a 4 on top and a 6 on bottom. Can't "win!"

Luv, Weej
Weejee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:09 AM   #56
zonker

Location: The land that I come from is called the Midwest....
zonker can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurora View Post
This is such an encouraging thread. Thank you everyone! I'm still right around 360, and I'm thinking I'd like to be 370 by the end of the year and hold steady there for a while.
This thread is definitely encouraging.

I've been at a plateau for a while, but this thread is making me awfully hungry...

zonker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM   #57
Aurora
Kushy Curves

Aurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging inAurora makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonker View Post
This thread is definitely encouraging.

I've been at a plateau for a while, but this thread is making me awfully hungry...

Funny you quoted me on that particular statement Zonker. Seems I've hit 370 a bit earlier than planned. Going with the flow now, eating what I want. If I gain more, s'all good. If I don't, s'all good too. I feel great and that's what matters.

And I agree. This thread does make me hungry.

~Aurora
Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 07:55 PM   #58
chunkeymonkey
Happy to be here

chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chunkeymonkey has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Working on the FAT ASS now

I have to say a year ago I was 206 lbs my smallest and I got on the scale here the other day I am 268 lbs. I got tired of listening to my husband saying I was wasting away so now I have gained 62 lbs in a year......... Good thing I have 10 sizes of clothes to fit into. I have clothes ranging from size 14-28+ so still a bit of room for a few more lbs.
chunkeymonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #59
Weejee

Weejee can now change their title
Talking Weejee's Got 10 Pounds of New Fat!

I was here last October, I think. Since then, I gained 10 pounds. That's my usual pace: a pound a month. Last two weeks, however, we've been going out for ice cream every day, and I noticed some new pudge growing around my middle. Yay!
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
Weejee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 08:02 PM   #60
eyesforyou
very happily taken

eyesforyou can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangeluna View Post
You are very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of fat and what is healthy and what isn't. Kudos. Any subcutaneous fat is a good thing though, unlike visceral it can actually help prevent diabetes, heart disease, etc.
eyesforyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:32 PM   #61
pudgy
Dazed

pudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 clubpudgy is a member of the 500 club

This thread should have never have died. Anyway,

This summer has not been a gaining summer. I've lost 10 pounds! But school and the cafeteria starts again in a month...wish me luck!

George Bernard Shaw
pudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2008, 08:35 PM   #62
chris400

I started to regain last April, I was at 295. I just reached 350 () this weekend and want to reach 400 by the end of the year.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:33 PM   #63
Mishty
aluminum petunia

Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.Mishty has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I've gained 18 pounds since June 8!
I even got some nice new stretch marks to prove it!

I don't think it was my eating really...I just got lazy.

Although the 8 cream horns I ate last night,prolly didn't "help" the matter.
Well I ain't really falling asleep; I'm fading to black.
Mishty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 11:21 PM   #64
Tychondarova
Incredible Expanding Boy!

Tychondarova can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTychondarova can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Well I thought I had almost reached my goal of 260 (and was at 250), when I found out that my scale was in dire need of caliberation, putting me then at about 220.

But I am not 222, since like the first week of July. My belly is getting BIG.

I love this thread

-Ty

In a world fraught with disturbingly malnourished stick figure women whose heads look entirely too large for their bodies, we should all thank a higher power for this wondeful site.
Tychondarova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 AM   #65
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Just found this thread, so I'm excited to become a part of it.

Been actively gaining for about a since Last January, when I was at the skin and bones 161 pounds. I would have to guess that I have managed to put on about 435-50 pounds since then, would love to check it put I have no scale . I can definetely tell that I have put on alot of weight, my bellys getting big and a starting overhang, and I'm getting a good amount of cellulite on my thunder thighs and big butt.

Better get back to eating!
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:33 AM   #66
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
I was here last October, I think. Since then, I gained 10 pounds. That's my usual pace: a pound a month. Last two weeks, however, we've been going out for ice cream every day, and I noticed some new pudge growing around my middle. Yay!
[IMG][/IMG][IMG][/IMG]
About a week late for this. Congrats Weej, your belly is so very cute! Makes me all warm and fuzzy, like I want to curl up and purrr.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 09:35 AM   #67
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2beme04 View Post

Been actively gaining for about a since Last January, when I was at the skin and bones 161 pounds. I would have to guess that I have managed to put on about 435-50 pounds since then, would love to check it put I have no scale . I can definetely tell that I have put on alot of weight, my bellys getting big and a starting overhang, and I'm getting a good amount of cellulite on my thunder thighs and big butt.

Huh? You put on 435 pounds in a year?

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 10:03 AM   #68
braindeadhead

braindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this boardbraindeadhead carries a lot of weight on this board

I htink its 45 to 50 lbs.... otherwise they have accomplished a feat not possible in most works of fiction.
braindeadhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #69
KHayes666
Go away

KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!KHayes666 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missblueyedeath View Post
I've gained 18 pounds since June 8!
I even got some nice new stretch marks to prove it!

I don't think it was my eating really...I just got lazy.

Although the 8 cream horns I ate last night,prolly didn't "help" the matter.
postbeforenafterpixkthanx
Old 07-25-2008, 08:37 PM   #70
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by free2beme04 View Post

I am posting this picture as proof that I tried like hell to rep you for your new avatar message
I am going to have to owe it to you babe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg untitled.JPG (88.9 KB, 2747 views)

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:14 PM   #71
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Tetter-tottering between 249-250 presently, was 253 a few weeks ago and dipped to 238. Though just increasingly on my mind each passing day.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 05:31 AM   #72
evabb78

evabb78 has said some nice things

I am almost at 340. And my belly is oh so soft.
evabb78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 05:56 PM   #73
Fatgirlfan

Fatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot picsFatgirlfan does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by evabb78 View Post
I am almost at 340. And my belly is oh so soft.

sounds cute, BTW, your cartoon image is very cute also.
Old 08-13-2008, 02:16 AM   #74
sangeluna

sangeluna has said some nice things

I know I'm responding to this a bit late (I've been sick for the past month):

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyesforyou View Post
You are very knowledgeable about the ins and outs of fat and what is healthy and what isn't. Kudos. Any subcutaneous fat is a good thing though, unlike visceral it can actually help prevent diabetes, heart disease, etc.
Thank you!

I'll be posting a more recent account of my gaining (or lack thereof, lately) saga later tomorrow, er today (now that it's way past midnight, and it's already tomorrow ^_~), time permitting.

Hugs,
Henna ^_^
sangeluna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 06:29 AM   #75
shygirl

shygirl has said some nice things

I haven't really been 'intentionally' gaining, but I think that my freshman year of college was good to me. Last September, I was probably at about 195 (and even lower at 183 May '07 from a diet I was on, and eventually got fed up with), and now, I'm hovering somewhere between 210-215. Most of it goes to my thighs, and not hardly enough to my belly. I just want it to hang! Haha. It's almost there, I guess, but I'm not sure how much more I can gain before my mom (I'm not worried about my dad, because he's a big guy) says something to me.

Oh well. College is starting up again in a couple of weeks, so we'll just have to let that run its course!
shygirl is offline   Reply With Quote