Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-22-2006, 10:17 AM   #1
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default the meal of shame

I love high falutin' gourmet stuff, exotic stuff, good old American home cooking, select junk like a good hot dog or slice, and just about everything else besides green peppers and peanut butter. However, there are things I love that are just so weird/bad that I'm actually reluctant to tell anyone I eat them. For instance, I like canned Chef Boyardee stuff, cold. Yes, cold, straight from the can, like Mad Max's dog. My significant other thinks this is atrocious, and she's probably right. Yet I'm compelled to get a quick fix of it at least once a month. Anybody else have a craving that's indefensible? Pickled eggs from behind the bar? Generic potted meat from Pathmark? Chicken rings from White Castle?
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:24 AM   #2
MissToodles
dead peasant

MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!MissToodles has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

olive loaf & american cheese smacked dab in the middle of two pieces of white bread. A huge dollop of mayo completes this meal. Please tell me it has some nutritional value.

pizza rolls from Pathmark. I used to be able to find them. Not the frozen ones but actual mozzarella and sauce stuffed inside an eggroll wrapper. They used to serve this in grade school and the government wonders why children are developing Adult onset diabetes!

a bit of peanut butter on top of a hamburger. It melts and gets gooey and luscious.

Chicken rings from White Castle. The school I'm working in is right next to one!

Those fake instant mashed potatos topped with french onion soup mix. I haven't done this in over a year but it sounds really yummy right now.

And what I used to do about six or seven years ago for a meal. It's quite moritfying to think of now. I would take a barbers stuffed chicken breast, cook it, take a roll and mayo it up. Then placed cooked breast in the roll and eat.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

soggy frosted flakes. though thats not quite secret. i've been involved in a couple of debates around this. people get passionate.

powdered milk. used to eat it by the spoonful.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #4
TheSadeianLinguist
Coin-Operated

TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!TheSadeianLinguist keeps pushing the rep limit!

McDonald's Double Cheeseburgers without onion. So vile. So delicious.
Old 01-22-2006, 06:25 PM   #5
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

vienna sausages. 'nuff said
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #6
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissToodles
olive loaf & american cheese smacked dab in the middle of two pieces of white bread. A huge dollop of mayo completes this meal. Please tell me it has some nutritional value.
Hey that's one of my favorites, too, although I add a smide of horseradish for some heat. I'm sure there's nutritional value there. Um... the olives, right? They're a vegetable (or fruit) of sorts, right? *gulp* And cheese -- it has calcium. See now, it's practically a health food.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #7
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tres huevos
For instance, I like canned Chef Boyardee stuff, cold. Yes, cold, straight from the can, like Mad Max's dog.

Me too, me too, me too. I love to eat the ravioli and Spaghetti-O's straight from a can.

I owe a lot of strange things I eat to where I grew up and my step-dad.

For instance, I love pickled bologna, potted meat, Vienna sausages, Dixie loaf, livercheese and fried hot dogs..pretty much any processed meat product. I rarely, if ever eat any of those anymore. Although, I do miss stopping by the little store on the way to the lake and the guy behind the counter reaching in to the big pickled bologna jar to uncoil and cut a chunk.

When I was a little girl, I remember having pig's feet, but that has not happened in about 20 years or so. I blame it on pressure from the adults.
Old 01-22-2006, 07:54 PM   #8
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Peanut butter & fluff sandwich. On bland white bread, of course. I'm not sure if this was just a regional thing, but in Rhode Island, where I grew up, this was called a "fluffernutter", which, coincidentally, was my mom's favorite nickname for me as a little girl. Okay, okay, she still calls me "Fluff" sometimes now.

I lub my mom.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:41 PM   #9
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

It's greasy and terrible for me, but every once in a while I love to make something I created when I was a young teen.

You take a corn tortilla and cook it in oil (not a huge amount of oil, just enough to do the job) on one side until it just gets slightly crispy but is still quite flexable. Remove it to paper towels and sprinke (not too much) a mixture of salt, garlic powder and chili powders (I keep it blended and in a salt shaker for seasoning tortillas for this, tacos, nachos, etc.). Then take a hot dog that you've nuked for about 30 seconds (I like the thin dogs for this purpose), and some sliced (not grated) cheese and lay them on the side that you cooked. I use cheddar and pepper jack. Roll the dog and cheese up and secure with toothpicks. Cook until it's crispy on the outside and some of the cheese has leaked out and is fried and crispy, too. Sprinkle with a bit more seasoning. Eat. Not exactly health food but I have to have it from time to time.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:10 PM   #10
sweetnnekked
Back From The Dead.

sweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going onsweetnnekked knows EXACTLY what's going on

I too, love the Chef-Boy-Ar-Dee out of the can. Specifically the overstuffed italian sausage ravioli. Safeway sells them every few weeks at 10 for $10. I usually buy 20!!
The olive loaf thing sounds great too! I like a hardroll with a thick slice of liverwurst, a thick slice of raw onion, swiss cheese and spicy mustard!!
I also like Morningstar Farms soy sausage patties and peanut butter on toast. And one of my favorite beverages is putting milk, peanut butter and jelly and ice in a blender and making my own PB&J milk shake!!!!

- J. Garcia
- R. Hunter
sweetnnekked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:22 PM   #11
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I like beef tongue. We had it a lot growing up - guess it was one of the cheaper cuts of meat....

I also like "Fluffernutters" - but only with chunky peanut butter. And since I grew up in NJ - the land of all-night diners - I like gravy on my french fries, a hard roll with butter for breakfast, Taylor Ham, and White Castle Cheeseburgers.

Sandie says she eats meat loaf sandwiches with lots of mayo on the. She likes tuna sandwiches with cheese and pickles, peanut butter and cream cheese on a bagel, and french fries with mayo. And strangest of all, she likes sweet pickes wrapped in American cheese.

Here's a weird food combination for you - my ex-wife (who was from the Reading PA area) made me a fried egg sandwich one night when we were dating. I took one bite, and tasted something strange. I asked her, "Did you put Miracle Whip on this?" And she said, "Of course I did!" I told her I liked butter or margerine on my fried egg sandwiches, to which she said "Yuck!"

And another one - after my ex and I got married, we were at her parents' house one Sunday, Her mother mad a big batch of hot dogs and sauerkraut, and everyone was putting Miracle Whip on their hot dogs. I asked if they had any mustard, and everyone looked at me like I had three eyes....
Old 01-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #12
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I adore the skin on any kind of poultry. Crispy is best!

It bums me out when other people like it too, which means I have to share.

"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:56 PM   #13
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Well, I haven't indulged in a while, but the shame is residual.

Velveeta. Ditto on Vienna Sausages.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 09:57 PM   #14
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejix
soggy frosted flakes. though thats not quite secret. i've been involved in a couple of debates around this. people get passionate.

powdered milk. used to eat it by the spoonful.
there's a reason i've fallen for you.

Ok, one of mine:

Sandwich. Ingredients: white bread; BBQ sauce. Mmm. Meat? Cheese? Hell no.

Also, stove top stuffing. As a meal. As a 1-pot meal.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:02 PM   #15
Boteroesque Babe
All cookies cleared!

Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Boteroesque Babe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
I've done this twice in the past month.
"If you stand on a soapbox and trade rhetoric with a dictator you never win. That's what they do so well; they seduce people. But if you ridicule them, bring them down with laughter, they can't win." ~ Mel Brooks

"The country is run by extremists, 'cause moderates have shit to do." ~ Jon Stewart

"And she doesn't wear polyester except when she's kidding."~ Egbert Souse
Boteroesque Babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:21 PM   #16
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Another vote for a cold can of SpaghettiOs. Or Beefaroni! ( And everytime I open a cold can of that, I think of that Seinfeld episode where Kramer feeds a can of that to a horse. )

Late Night snacking will always produce the out of the ordinary. I usually start with a flour tortilla (burrito size) and whatever cheese is on hand, and whatever else I can find to put inbetween for a fried quesadilla... sliced ham, or other sliced meat, kippers, pepperoni, sliced smoked turkey and bbq sauce, peanut-butter-cheese-and-jelly...

Grilled cheese sandwiches.. but instead of buttering the slices.. using Miracle Whip.. Note: Mwhip tends to burn in the pan so you have to flip it sooner.

Kippers: I really like them out of the can, doused in louisiana hot sauce.. or drenched in garlic basalmic dressing. Sometimes on a Zesta(tm) saltine cracker, sometimes straight.

I tend to walk past the potted meat and devilwood ham spread, and head for a quality can of chili that I can heat and dump into a bag of Fritos.
Old 01-22-2006, 11:46 PM   #17
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
there's a reason i've fallen for you.

Ok, one of mine:

Sandwich. Ingredients: white bread; BBQ sauce. Mmm. Meat? Cheese? Hell no.

hehehe, sounds like the experiments me and my brothers used to do when little. i remember putting mayonnaise on white bread and sprinkling it with nestle quik -strawberry, not chocolate. another time my older brother mixed milk and orange juice. so of course i had to do it too.

Last edited by mejix; 01-22-2006 at 11:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:00 AM   #18
mejix
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
It's greasy and terrible for me, but every once in a while I love to make something I created when I was a young teen.

You take a corn tortilla and cook it in oil (not a huge amount of oil, just enough to do the job) on one side until it just gets slightly crispy but is still quite flexable. Remove it to paper towels and sprinke (not too much) a mixture of salt, garlic powder and chili powders (I keep it blended and in a salt shaker for seasoning tortillas for this, tacos, nachos, etc.). Then take a hot dog that you've nuked for about 30 seconds (I like the thin dogs for this purpose), and some sliced (not grated) cheese and lay them on the side that you cooked. I use cheddar and pepper jack. Roll the dog and cheese up and secure with toothpicks. Cook until it's crispy on the outside and some of the cheese has leaked out and is fried and crispy, too. Sprinkle with a bit more seasoning. Eat. Not exactly health food but I have to have it from time to time.
how you call this? its a curious invention.
Old 01-23-2006, 12:51 AM   #19
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tortilla dogs is the name I gave it. They're really good, if you like dogs, tortillas and cheese, and the texture is great, too, with the crunchy and the gooey. Actually, it's just about time to make them again; it's been a few months.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:13 AM   #20
adam

adam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesadam can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default There is no shame.

I like about anything that is cheap and ready to eat quick...at a maximum it should take no more than 5 minutes to be ready to eat...2 would be better...or no time at all would be perfect...it is about time for me...I don't like to waste much time/money on food prep/eating...I should be done with any meal in a maximum of 5 minutes...but to me...I get nothing from food...it is just a necessity in order to remain alive...like oxygen...and water from time to time...ask my wife Monique...it makes her so mad that I don't get excited at all about food.
adam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:09 AM   #21
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
It's good to know that I'm not the only one who enjoys Stove Top by itself...this has always been one of my little guilty pleasures.

I used to make cheap meals for my kids out of the most inexpensive foods, and try to fancy them up a bit so that they don't seem quite so *cheap*. One of my favorites was spam, sprinkled with a healthy amount of brown sugar, and baked until browned. This is still one of my favorites.

Yesterday, I enjoyed a can of good old Dinty Moore beef stew and thought I was in heaven. I also like the canned tamales, sprinkled with a little cheese. The real thing is far better, but these are quite yummy. Frozen chimichangas cooked with lots of cheese do it for me, as well.

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:43 AM   #22
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boteroesque Babe
Isn't it delish? In college, I used to buy the 99c box (microwaveable). I'd make it, and chop up some cheddar to go in there, and then cook it up.

My mom once asked what I was having for dinner and I told her: Stove top. And she says: With what? And I said...uh, with a fork?!

I'm gonna have to make some again. Like the old days.
Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 AM   #23
Jes
is oddly aroused

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejix
hehehe, sounds like the experiments me and my brothers used to do when little. i remember putting mayonnaise on white bread and sprinkling it with nestle quik -strawberry, not chocolate. another time my older brother mixed milk and orange juice. so of course i had to do it too.
sorry, DON"T LOVE YOU ANYMORE.

(i can't abide whip or mayo or any of that crap. it's just....no thanks.)
Old 01-23-2006, 09:43 AM   #24
Carol W.

Carol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCarol W. can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I got this idea from my students years ago; they called it "River Dip", because they always made it to take to the river with them when they had a picnic there.

Put a package of cream cheese in the bottom of a bowl and press it flat. Pour a can of chili over the cream cheese; chili with ground, not chunk beef, works best. Top with tons of shredded taco cheese, and heat thoroughly. Eat with tortilla chips.

Rich, gooey, rather disgusting to look at, and GOOD. I used to make it on a snowday-a sort of celebration for the day off!
Carol W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:43 AM   #25
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes

(i can't abide whip or mayo or any of that crap. it's just....no thanks.)

Me either. And the problem is when you go out it is automatically put on almost every sandwich. Ugh. Shudder.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote