Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-23-2006, 10:47 AM   #26
mejix
meh

mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!mejix has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
sorry, DON"T LOVE YOU ANYMORE.

(i can't abide whip or mayo or any of that crap. it's just....no thanks.)
actually your bbq thing sounds more like what i used to do with miracle whip. just spread it on the bread, thickly. nothing else. havent done that in years.
mejix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:59 AM   #27
BigCutieCindy
Simply Flabulous

BigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized repBigCutieCindy has super-sized rep

When I get desperate for something sweet (doesn't happen often) sometimes I mix milk in a cake or brownie mix and eat it from the bowl. *hangs head in shame*
BigCutieCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 01:41 PM   #28
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mejix
actually your bbq thing sounds more like what i used to do with miracle whip. just spread it on the bread, thickly. nothing else. havent done that in years.
uh yeah, 'cept bbq sauce is gooood and mayo is SHASTA McNASTY.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:17 PM   #29
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Tina, that sounds so good. Will you make it for me sometime?

All this talk of Beefaroni and olive loaf makes me hungry. I went and got some Beefaroni and it was the perfect comfort breakfast (dinner?) when I got off work this morning after a long night with no breaks and many babies being born. I'll eat it right out of the can, nuked, heated on the stove, whatever. I'm so glad that despite my WLS I can still eat it (I just can't wolf down the whole can like I used to).

Oh and liverwurst? Mmmm. My favorite way to eat it is on a crisp kaiser roll (bonus for poppy seed kaiser roll, crispy on the outside, soft on the inside), slathered with Miracle whip and horseradish, and a thick thick gooey layer of liverwurst. I can convince myself that it's good for me because it's got so much heme iron, which is good for my anemia. (My ability to delude myself is stellar!)

My truly worst of the meals of shame I can no longer eat -- Top Ramen with a sliced hot dog. For some reason, since my surgery it is the one thing I pretty much can never eat. I swear it feels like cut glass on my tummy and I get very sick when I try (don't ask me why I continue to try -- I'm a dumbass I guess).

But Beefaroni and liverwurst? Bring it on!
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:27 PM   #30
altered states
seņor member

altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!altered states has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default soul sister!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Me too, me too, me too. I love to eat the ravioli and Spaghetti-O's straight from a can.

I owe a lot of strange things I eat to where I grew up and my step-dad.
Sounds like we came from different parts of the country, but have similar stories. I think I got the thing for cold Chef B from my dad, whose first post-divorce bachelor pad had no kitchen. (I remember him keeping milk for coffee out on the window sill. I think he managed to get a little cube fridge by Spring.) He's since been remarried and recivilized, and now swears he never served me unheated anything from a can, but then we're talking a 30-year old guy in the mid 1970s so his memory is a bit suspect at this point.
altered states is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:00 PM   #31
HottiMegan
I'm a fat geek!

HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.HottiMegan has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I love spaghetti o's. my son eats them 2x a week and he can only eat half a can so i finish it up for him.. straight out of the can.. okay i love most noodle type dishes..
HottiMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:12 PM   #32
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
I like beef tongue. We had it a lot growing up - guess it was one of the cheaper cuts of meat....

I also like "Fluffernutters" - but only with chunky peanut butter. And since I grew up in NJ - the land of all-night diners - I like gravy on my french fries, a hard roll with butter for breakfast, Taylor Ham, and White Castle Cheeseburgers.

Sandie says she eats meat loaf sandwiches with lots of mayo on the. She likes tuna sandwiches with cheese and pickles, peanut butter and cream cheese on a bagel, and french fries with mayo. And strangest of all, she likes sweet pickes wrapped in American cheese.

Here's a weird food combination for you - my ex-wife (who was from the Reading PA area) made me a fried egg sandwich one night when we were dating. I took one bite, and tasted something strange. I asked her, "Did you put Miracle Whip on this?" And she said, "Of course I did!" I told her I liked butter or margerine on my fried egg sandwiches, to which she said "Yuck!"

And another one - after my ex and I got married, we were at her parents' house one Sunday, Her mother mad a big batch of hot dogs and sauerkraut, and everyone was putting Miracle Whip on their hot dogs. I asked if they had any mustard, and everyone looked at me like I had three eyes....
Wow Sandie and I would get along great - I do the peanut butter cream cheese thing, tuna and cheese and pickles, french fries and mayo (and ketchup) and finally the pickles wrapped in cheese. Deeelishhhh.

I also love mayo on my fried egg sandwiches -- it's the only way to go. A little salt, pepper, dill weed and cheese melted on the eggs...yum. Darn. Now I want!!! Oh speaking of Mayo -- how can you eat a BLT without a ton of Mayo. I skip the lettuce and add cheese and onions - sometimes I grill the sandwich.

I think it was Jes (???) that mentioned BBQ sauce. I'm a big fan of BBQ sauce too, tho I'm always on a search for a better one.

This could be my shameful meal: Corn Beef hash (out of the can) mixed with ketchup, minced onion and oregeno (or a really good pizza spice blend) and put atop a halved english muffin and bake for 20-25 minutes. Once cooked top with a slice of cheese and return to the oven to melt.
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 04:27 PM   #33
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW
Wow Sandie and I would get along great - I do the peanut butter cream cheese thing, tuna and cheese and pickles, french fries and mayo (and ketchup) and finally the pickles wrapped in cheese. Deeelishhhh.
MY SISTAH!!! I've never known anyone else who does the cheese and pickle thing!!!!
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:50 PM   #34
ValentineBBW
seeking Vegas

ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!ValentineBBW has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandie_Zitkus
MY SISTAH!!! I've never known anyone else who does the cheese and pickle thing!!!!
we're a pair of strange ones
ValentineBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 08:17 PM   #35
Jes
is oddly aroused

Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.Jes has ascended what used to be the highest level.

everytime y'all mention whip/mayo, i throw up in my mouth a little.

KC Masterpiece is a nice sweet way to go for BBQ sauce.
Jes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #36
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

1. It is not a sandwich without mayo, ESPECIALLY a fried egg sandwich.

2. What the heck is fluff?
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:35 PM   #37
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn
2. What the heck is fluff?
Marshmallow fluff!
Old 01-23-2006, 10:45 PM   #38
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I agree, Connie. I like a little inside my grilled cheese sandwich, too. Makes it a little tangy. I use Best Foods/Hellman's, though, and rarely -- very rarely -- Miracle Whip.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 10:56 PM   #39
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'll bake a batch of double-dutch chocolate chocolate chip cookies and use fluff to make my decadent version of the Oreo.
Old 01-23-2006, 10:59 PM   #40
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ValentineBBW
I also love mayo on my fried egg sandwiches -- it's the only way to go. A little salt, pepper, dill weed and cheese melted on the eggs...yum. Darn. Now I want!!! Oh speaking of Mayo -- how can you eat a BLT without a ton of Mayo. I skip the lettuce and add cheese and onions - sometimes I grill the sandwich.
Mayo is one thing - my ex used Miracle Whip on that fried egg sandwich. Totally different taste, which I found to be horrible.
Old 01-23-2006, 11:27 PM   #41
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayne_Zitkus
Mayo is one thing - my ex used Miracle Whip on that fried egg sandwich. Totally different taste, which I found to be horrible.
Or at least one that you weren't expecting. I'm reminded of a sandwich mentioned on the British Sci-Fi comedy series Red Dwarf: A triple fried egg sandwich with chili sauce and chutney. The actor playing Rimmer took a bite, gave a look of satisfaction, and then a look of disgust and said:

"I think I'm having a baby."
Old 01-24-2006, 12:21 AM   #42
ConnieLynn
has left the building.

ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!ConnieLynn keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrie
Marshmallow fluff!

ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
ConnieLynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 01:26 AM   #43
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnieLynn
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Have you never had a Fluffernutter?? It's a taste treat!! Peanut butter anf fluff on white bread!!

Theme Song:

(sing it with me if you remember)

"When you enjoy-joy-joy your fluff and peanut butter - you'll be glad you have enough for another fluffernutter!"

AAAAH a taste of my childhood!!!!!

Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 10:53 AM   #44
MLadyJ

MLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot picsMLadyJ does more than just post hot pics

Ok..y'all got me thinking now..a dangerous thing....Miracle whip is reserved for 1 and only 1 turkey sandwich right after Turkey day! I buy 1 jar a year for this 1 sandwich..the rest of the time I can't stand the stuff..go figure!!

But tons of mayo on a BLT..YUM...

My favorite guilty pleasure is a thick slice of...Bologna..fried..topped with Kraft Sharp cheese (the kind they used call "old English") all melty and served on plain ole Wonder Bread..
MLadyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:08 AM   #45
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jes
there's a reason i've fallen for you.

Ok, one of mine:

Sandwich. Ingredients: white bread; BBQ sauce. Mmm. Meat? Cheese? Hell no.

Also, stove top stuffing. As a meal. As a 1-pot meal.

Well Im known for the love of mayonaise sandwiches. Infact it is a joke in the family that if something is lost. Chances are Bernadette ate it with mayo.

From time to time I will have bread and butter pickles or any pickles for that matter.

I also like hot dogs with mayo. Spanish rice and polish sausage with mayo. You name it I usually like it with mayo.

As for the stove top stuffing as a meal... How about I make a double batch and you can come over for dinner.

B-

bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:17 AM   #46
JoyJoy

JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.JoyJoy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I was in high school, my favorite after-school snack was saltines with margarine (the soft kind, in a tub)...my sister and I (3 yrs younger) used to make a game of it, too. We had a competition to see who could be the first to sneak up on the other and stick a cracker slathered with margarine onto the other's forehead without breaking it. Fun with food!

JoyJoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:23 AM   #47
moonvine
Queen of Contempt

moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!moonvine has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

You people are making me lose my appetite with all this talk of the condiment that must not be named.
moonvine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 11:25 AM   #48
Ncprincess4yoiu

Ncprincess4yoiu has said some nice things

Lay's Potato Chips and Kosher Dill Pickles
Yummy!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:26 AM   #49
fanofdimensions

fanofdimensions can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina
Tortilla dogs is the name I gave it. They're really good, if you like dogs, tortillas and cheese, and the texture is great, too, with the crunchy and the gooey. Actually, it's just about time to make them again; it's been a few months.
that is almost exactly what an Oki Dog is - although the Oki Dog has hotdog, pastrami, cheese in the tortilla...not health food but not bad either!
fanofdimensions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:12 PM   #50
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncprincess4yoiu
Lay's Potato Chips and Kosher Dill Pickles
Yummy!

I just saw at the store that they now have LAYS chips in dill flavor.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote