Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 10-22-2007, 06:01 PM   #1
puppy

puppy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokespuppy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Default What makes you feel truly loved?

For me, it's knowing that someone is always there for me and feeling like they pay attention to all the little details of my life, no matter how boring.

How about you?
puppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 06:59 PM   #2
Big_jim

Big_jim can now change their title

For me, knowing that no matter where we are, we will always love each other. And have that love with us wherever we go.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:53 PM   #3
JSmirkingRevenge

JSmirkingRevenge can now change their title

like puppy, for me it's the little things.

be it something done or something noticed, doesn't really matter. could be something as simple as a text message. i'm not one for grand gestures, so little notes or simple smiles are all it takes for me.
JSmirkingRevenge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:07 PM   #4
mossystate
flicks a booger on conrad

mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.mossystate has ascended what used to be the highest level.

to be truly heard....the rest is the sweet gravy that comes from such an evolved and caring human...
mossystate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:15 PM   #5
Surlysomething

Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.Surlysomething has ascended what used to be the highest level.

When I can feel it. A warm, close hug. Grabbing my hand to hold it when we're out. I was out once in a crowded mall with my ex and I was trying on glasses and he snuck up behind me in front of so many people and nuzzled and kissed my neck. Yes, that's when I feel it.

When my little sis comes in the door and gives me a kiss because she's happy to see me.

Touch is under-rated.

Unexpected care packages. My best friend handmade me a sock monkey because I had a love for them since childhood. It came with a note that the socks were from her husband and son's drawers, the two younger kids picked out the buttons for eyes and named him. I was in tears because it felt like love.

My Mom mailed me homemade buns once. We don't live far away. It was just a sweet gesture of love.

Ok, I have to stop, i'm sounding corny.

Surlysomething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:33 PM   #6
AVAcado

AVAcado can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesAVAcado can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

To connect in a way beyond words in which I'm truly heard and understood at my essence
To feel this same connection toward my partner

Being touched affectionately, tenderly, passionately

Actions matching words

Having faith in who I am, not in what a partner may project through their own fears

Supporting my strengths, not critisizing and harrassing me about my weaknesses

Gentle encouragement of my growth and goals

My partner (and myself) not buying into my fears

A nice loving sexy swat on the butt at least 5 times a day

Love-making that is passionate, urgent, both tender and--not to be too cliché but--unbridled

Quiet deeply-connected moments

Silly, goofy, simple play

AVAcado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:55 PM   #7
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There are two categories of answers to this, I think. One is based upon my own specific needs -- such as needing to hear that my mate loves me. I know he does, but I need to hear it on a regular basis. Some don't; I do.

The other is based upon the things he in particular does that I can see are done out of love and that therefore make me feel loved -- such as my husband going to pains to make me happy, comfortable and cared for in general, and then specifically to make our home as lovely as possible for me when I went to visit last month.

I won't make the whole list, because it feels too private to do so, but there are a couple, anyway.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:16 PM   #8
FreeThinker

FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.FreeThinker has ascended what used to be the highest level.

A phone call like the one I just got.

FreeThinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:52 PM   #9
Britannia
Babydoll

Britannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized rep

When I find out about sweet things my guy never told me about...

Like when my ex would rub my back when I'd have bad dreams until I stopped contorting- I didn't know he did it, because I was asleep. One night I woke up in the middle of a nightmare, and he was there taking care of me.

I've always wanted a guy who would doodle my name or something... I love making tags of my boyfriend's name, for his clothing line. He kisses me, ecstatic, every time I dole out a new one.

Holding hands, cooking me dinner.

Waking up and finding his arms wrapped around me. That kind of thing
Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:54 PM   #10
Britannia
Babydoll

Britannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized rep

Also, when they do simple, random, strange things that they know have meaning to me...
Whenever I look glum, Justin says, "Hey!"
"What?"
"Don't talk shit about Total."

And my day is made.
Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #11
BBWQueen33

BBWQueen33 has said some nice things
Default What makes you feel truly loved?

For me I'd have to say it's when my SO does the little things. The little things are just as important as the big ones!!!

Like coming home from the grocery store with my favorite ice cream that I didn't ask for or coming outside to greet me with a hug when I get home from work. (That could have totally waited until I got inside, but he chose to go the extra mile.)
BBWQueen33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:26 AM   #12
Foolish Fool

Foolish Fool can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFoolish Fool can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppy View Post
For me, it's knowing that someone is always there for me and feeling like they pay attention to all the little details of my life, no matter how boring.
similar to that, for me, i'd say.
knowing that she will always listen to me, instead of just hearing me.
knowing that she will always want to be there when i feel alone or sad or blue.
having her hand to hold on to.
feeling her arms around me when i fall asleep at night, and when i wake up in the morning.
having her wipe my tears away, and feeling assured that i'm the little light in her life that keeps her going, because she's the same to me.

these are things i dream of.
things i hope will, one day, be reality.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #13
babyjeep21
Kamikaze Peanut Butter

babyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions communitybabyjeep21 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Just being held..... Whether I need it or not.

Also.... when I just reach a little, and there he is.

Genius is more often found in a cracked pot than a whole one... -E.B. White

Have Fun by Helping Feed The Hungry: http://www.freerice.com/
babyjeep21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:15 AM   #14
TallFatSue
On Timeout

TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!TallFatSue has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

There's also much to be said for a husband who does all the housecleaning. And fixes everything. Ah, engineers. Not the most romantic of beings, but by golly every works.

But seriously folks, a full-body massage does it for me every time.

Last edited by TallFatSue; 10-24-2007 at 11:18 AM.
TallFatSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:01 PM   #15
Violet_Beauregard

Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Violet_Beauregard has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I have to be totally honest here....

All of these responses just made me cry...

I'd give anything to have all of that.

Those that have it... please, don't take it for granted.
Violet_Beauregard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 PM   #16
Foolish Fool

Foolish Fool can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesFoolish Fool can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violet_Beauregard View Post
I'd give anything to have all of that.
you and me both, sister.
the saying goes "ain't love grand?"
i say "it is when you can get it."
*sigh*
Old 10-24-2007, 03:31 PM   #17
BlondeAmbition
Your Ex-lover Is Dead

BlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesBlondeAmbition can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Whether or not love has anything to do with it, I'm a sucker for forehead kisses and cute, little notes.

Honestly, any sort of thoughtful act that says you're thinging of me when I'm not around pretty much wins me over.
I'll send you the news
From a house down the road from real love..
BlondeAmbition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 03:43 PM   #18
SweetStaceGA

SweetStaceGA has said some nice things
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_jim View Post
For me, knowing that no matter where we are, we will always love each other. And have that love with us wherever we go.
Him
SweetStaceGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:01 PM   #19
mottiemushroom
Give it some welly!!!

mottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticedmottiemushroom never has a post go unnoticed

A big but gentle bear hug.

When someone i care deeply for disagrees with me, but allows me to actually keep my own opinion.

When someone cares enough to tell me the truth rather than what may be assumed i just want to hear.

When someone is willing to not only saty up to watch the sun rise with me but also makes me a coffee to keep out the chill of the early morn.

Snuggling up on the sofa watching a corny movie.

Not forgetting a very special one a friend did for me last year when my dad died; not knowing what to say Tom just took me out for a drive & took me back to the place i grew up & was happiest walking through the country estate learning all about wildlife from my dad - I think that has to be the top of my list when i felt truely loved by a friend.

I'm just a likkle mushroom .... fed on bulls**t & kept in the dark - but still i thrive :p

http://www.myspace.com/mottiescowpatcottage
mottiemushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 04:09 PM   #20
Stoner
Hugaholic

Stoner can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesStoner can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

A second chance. That’s what made me feel truly loved, among many other things, but above anything. Someone who still believed in me, when I had stopped believing in myself. Someone who was willing to forgive me, when I couldn’t forgive myself. I'm not sure why I'm writing in the past tence, but whatever. Meh.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:52 PM   #21
Blue_Rainbow3
Corresponding to my Song

Blue_Rainbow3 can now change their title

I feel loved (not necessarily romantic) when:
  • I call someone and can hear true delight in their voice from hearing from me.
  • I get a big hug, kiss or smile from one of the children I work with.
  • I hear squeals of excitement when I tell someone I’m coming to visit.
  • Someone goes out of his or her way to help me when I really need it.
  • I get offers to help me move (which is something I know I would only do for someone I really, really liked or loved).

They don't have meetings about rainbows. - Sixth Sense
Blue_Rainbow3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:19 PM   #22
Big_jim

Big_jim can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetStaceGA View Post
Him
Her!!
Old 10-24-2007, 06:59 PM   #23
Carrie

Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Carrie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Nothing makes me feel more loved than a good beating from the love truncheon.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:10 PM   #24
Sandie_Zitkus
Entrepreneur

Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!Sandie_Zitkus keeps pushing the rep limit!

The way Wayne looks at me.
Sandie_Zitkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 08:04 AM   #25
Theatrmuse/Kara
Warrior Momma

Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Theatrmuse/Kara has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When my husband always calls me "Sweetness!"

In the middle of the night when I roll over to face him and without a word he reaches for my hand to hold.

When I am having a really bad arthritis day.........he helps me put on my socks...silly thing, but truely appreciated!!!!!!!!!!

When I am late teaching or singing and I finally drive up in my car....he hears the door slam and comes outside to make certain the light is on, carries my briefcase and then walks with me inside.

After thirty one years, things like this never get old!
Love you, my David!
Hugs, Kara...aka Sweetness!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other. ~Mother Teresa
Theatrmuse/Kara is offline   Reply With Quote