Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 11-17-2007, 03:24 PM   #26
fatchicksrockuk

fatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticedfatchicksrockuk never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravInTheCurves88 View Post
o i know they arent saying anything about them putting me down, and iknow its about the number of posts... so i am going to try to learn to keep it on one thread..
That is a great idea. I think it will greatly reduce the number of people who are complaining! Good luck
fatchicksrockuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 03:25 PM   #27
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I rarely ever respond to "goodbye cruel web board!" post, as I generally find them to be self-indulgent and dramatic. However, since you're new, why not?

Yeah, it's nothing personal. As a mod, I had to talk to a poster who started a post and who responded to every single post separately, instead of clicking the multiple quote button and quote them all in one or two posts. There would be post after post after post from this guy -- like maybe 20 posts on one page.

Making the same post on various boards is considered spamming, and while none of us mods believes that's what you intended, seasoned vets on any board wouldn't like it. Take advice as being helpful, unless someone is being snotty, and then file away who that person is and put them on ignore if they continue to behave that way.

It's kind of bad form to go to a forum, make several faux pas and then make a dramatic "goodbye cruel web board!" post because you have had some corrective posts. Understand that you needed to learn a few things, learn them, and then enjoy. I have no reason to dislike you (as a side note: frankly, any b/f who can cook for you like that is a keeper), and you seem to be nice. If you want to leave, fine, but you'll find you'll be leaving a lot of boards if you make the sort of an entrance you did here, as you'll likely get at least some of the same responses. Not meant to be snarky in any way, just matter-of-fact.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 05:05 PM   #28
DrFeeder

DrFeeder can now change their title

This is crazy. Threads are cheap. I say post all you want! I love your posts! Or just e-mail me personally if some are so uptight about it!!

--Dr. Feeder
DrFeeder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:10 PM   #29
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
o i know they arent saying anything about them putting me down, and iknow its about the number of posts... so i am going to try to learn to keep it on one thread..
I'm glad you're staying!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 06:58 PM   #30
Dravenhawk
President of Manlandia

Dravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized rep

A woman who wants to gain and get bigger is a FAs wet dream come true Crav. If bigger is what you want to get I back you 100%. There is no sight more majestic than a woman who crushes the scales at over 600lbs. Furthermore I must say that rare is the woman who can get that big and maintain her confidence and attitude. When I joined Dims I made a opinionated thread here on the weight board and got slammed for it. I took a look at what was mine and learned from it and was willing to open myself to the wisdom of the community of which we belong. Open yourself to the wisdom of your peers here, take what you need and leave the rest. Bailing out is the way of the coward and I certianally do not think you are a coward.

Dravenhawk

Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?
Dravenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 01:17 AM   #31
Russ2d

Russ2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this boardRuss2d carries a lot of weight on this board

Quote:
Crav, unless I missed something, I don't think anyone has been negative about your confidence, your weight gain or your adorable photos. I saw people posting about the number of threads you started, and the number of posts you've made in a short time.

I am sorry you've been mistreated, but please understand that it's not the subject matter they were criticizing.
Oh I don't know Sovery, looks to me like she got jumped on and the tone of some of the responses, especially to someone whose new were nasty...Jes is a good example. I mean really if we are even a semblance of a "community" why are these things happening in the first place?

Last edited by Russ2d; 11-18-2007 at 01:20 AM.
Russ2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:02 AM   #32
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default I can't believe I'm typing these words but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ2d View Post
Oh I don't know Sovery, looks to me like she got jumped on and the tone of some of the responses, especially to someone whose new were nasty...Jes is a good example. I mean really if we are even a semblance of a "community" why are these things happening in the first place?
I agree with Russ. And I never in a billion years thought that could happen.

I think it was really shameful and nasty the way a lot of people jumped all over this young lady who was doing nothing more than showing enthusiasm for 1. this board and 2. her newfound self confidence.

So she posted a lot of pics...so what? So she wasn't totally down with all the nuance of how to post properly, big deal. At worst somebody should have just suggested she make one or two of her own picture threads (which I'll be would have been visited and re-visited by many FAs) and explained the reason for it.

On the BHM board there are several men and couples who regularly post pictures and since it's typically a smaller subset of posters, it never gets overwhelming and works out fine. There are some posters who don't have a lot of fans/support and they are just pretty much ignored but they are not flamed. That is just rude.
Old 11-18-2007, 07:07 AM   #33
IwannabeVERYfat
ready to be fattened up!!

IwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

don't go we'll miss you

I know I will

PROUD FAN OF BigCutieQTPie!!
She is My dream lady!!
IwannabeVERYfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:10 AM   #34
EtobicokeFA
Proud FA

EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!EtobicokeFA has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I just want to add my voice to encourage CravInTheCurves88 one give Dimensions another chance!

It would be a shame to lose you!

"Health is not a body weight, it's a measure of fitness."
EtobicokeFA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 11:44 AM   #35
wrestlingguy
"Bitter Old Man"

wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.wrestlingguy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

What I think we have here is simply a difference between a newbie & a couple of Dimensions veterans.

I've been here for a while, but I remember visiting this site for the first time in 1998, and it quickly became an addiciton to me. I spent countless hours of my free time reading about BBW's, what the appeal was to me, and other things that ultimately helped me understand my preference. I also asked many of the girls who were here at the time many questions about themselves, about how they viewed FA's, and other stuff that porbably drove them nuts.

As time went on, I realized that these girls (as well as the other guys I spoke with) had lives that extended way beyond being fat, and my questions moved to asking how their kids were, what was going on with their jobs, who they were dating/seeing/sexing........books they were reading, movies they saw.

I think the OP was simply caught up in her exuberance (I know this has been said before), but as with me, I think that the excitement tapers off after a period of time, and one moves into a comfort zone, knowing that the fat that holds all of us together is only a portion of who we really are. That will manifest itself when the OP begins to post on discussion boards other than the weight board.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:11 PM   #36
CravInTheCurves88

CravInTheCurves88 can now change their title
Default :d

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtobicokeFA View Post
I just want to add my voice to encourage CravInTheCurves88 one give Dimensions another chance!

It would be a shame to lose you!
i wont leave
CravInTheCurves88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 02:30 PM   #37
GordoNegro

Location: Not Coney Island but the same side of the Brooklyn Bridge
GordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordoNegro can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
i wont leave
Music to one's ears indeed.
GordoNegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:22 PM   #38
MisterGuy

MisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging inMisterGuy makes people happy simply by logging in

What were you thinking posting pics of erotic weight gain in the erotic weight gain section of the weight board? When will people get it through their thick skulls that the Weight Board is really meant to be a profoundly unsexy private snark-testing ground for posters with >1,000,000,000 posts?

Also, how dare you post four threads in as many days? Wasn't there just a server crash here? I mean, where's Conrad when you need him? I'm gonna go one step further and recommend there be one Weight Board thread, to be populated solely with unfunny in-jokes.
MisterGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:26 PM   #39
Sweet_Serenade
Foodaholic

Sweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot picsSweet_Serenade does more than just post hot pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterGuy View Post
What were you thinking posting pics of erotic weight gain in the erotic weight gain section of the weight board? When will people get it through their thick skulls that the Weight Board is really meant to be a profoundly unsexy private snark-testing ground for posters with >1,000,000,000 posts?

Also, how dare you post four threads in as many days? Wasn't there just a server crash here? I mean, where's Conrad when you need him? I'm gonna go one step further and recommend there be one Weight Board thread, to be populated solely with unfunny in-jokes.
Kaswoosh!
Ba-zing!
Oh snap!
etc
Sweet_Serenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:32 PM   #40
exile in thighville
groups/347570880589/

exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!exile in thighville keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet_Serenade View Post
Kaswoosh!
Ba-zing!
Oh snap!
etc
+2222222222222222222222222222222
exile in thighville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #41
Dravenhawk
President of Manlandia

Dravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized repDravenhawk has super-sized rep

Quote:
i wont leave

YAY!!

Nice to know you are sticking with us I knew you had the guts.

Will you choose your own path or will you have it chosen for you?
Dravenhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:12 PM   #42
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

No, only one gut (let's not get carried away) - but plenty of spunk and charm!

I wish that every woman could be as comfortable and happy with her body as this one - and have a guy who shared her opinion..
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 04:43 PM   #43
IwannabeVERYfat
ready to be fattened up!!

IwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesIwannabeVERYfat can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

YIPPEE!! YIPPEE!!!!

PROUD FAN OF BigCutieQTPie!!
She is My dream lady!!
IwannabeVERYfat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #44
boots

boots does more than just post hot picsboots does more than just post hot picsboots does more than just post hot picsboots does more than just post hot pics

You're pudgy O___O

<3
Old 11-18-2007, 10:55 PM   #45
Koldun
On Timeout

Koldun can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesKoldun can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Well, i see that many people have a problem with me being comfortable withmyself, so im doing everyone a favor and leaving dimensions,.... thanks for everyone who supported me.. but honestly if this is a site where people are suppose to support you on your gain? than people have alot of negative things to say... thanks alot for the experience.. but catch ya later

Don't leave just because a couple of people are mean. Please.

I really liked your progress...
Koldun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:28 PM   #46
chapelhillmensch
Bitchin' Camaro

chapelhillmensch is a member of the 500 clubchapelhillmensch is a member of the 500 clubchapelhillmensch is a member of the 500 clubchapelhillmensch is a member of the 500 clubchapelhillmensch is a member of the 500 clubchapelhillmensch is a member of the 500 club

Uh,well,hmmmm,........I really should not, Oh well what the hell when all roads point to Rome you buy Lire and go....sorry

Last edited by chapelhillmensch; 03-12-2008 at 04:06 PM.
chapelhillmensch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:09 AM   #47
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm going to go against the whole "oh they're mean don't leave" posts for once.

When people suggested you didn't make so many threads on one of your other threads before you just ignored it. When Blackjack said it on this thread you just said "w/e". People weren't being mean (well one or two were a bit rude) they're probably just sick of so many threads. I know when I go to a board thinking theres lots of new threads and they're all by one person then I get a bit disapointed. Not that theres anything wrong with your photos, because lots of people love them, but because I'm expecting something more.

I know you're not leaving, you never intended to leave. You're enjoying the attention too much at the moment. Same as I did when I first found this place. It's honestly nothing to do with you, it's just the way you were acting.
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:03 AM   #48
Frogman

Frogman can now change their title

The minute things get personal that aren't (which is to say everything unless you're speaking with someone you actually know), you're sunk. I see it over and over and over and over and over and over again on any internet discussion forum. Pick your battles. You will inevitably find responses or comments (particularly if you're looking for them) that come across as rude, spiteful, and so forth; and these comments are like people dangling fishhooks right in front of you. I almost always try to take an impersonal approach in posts, because the internet is WIDE open to miscommunication.
Please try not to get too sucked into pointless games of Ego Ping-Pong because it will only make you feel more vulnerable in the end. I have no idea what precipitated your original comment but after years of participating in internet discussion forums you just notice trends that become so obvious and predictable they would seem completely pathetic save for the fact this behavior is so common it should be considered natural.
Take your time; be deliberate. If you feel yourself being drawn into a silly conversation/argument, turn off the computer and collect yourself.
Frogman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 01:13 PM   #49
jackvio

jackvio can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFeeder View Post
This is crazy. Threads are cheap. I say post all you want! I love your posts!

--Dr. Feeder
I utterly agree. Someone rare, beautiful and daring has been sharing massively pertinent photos and personal accounts in this strange (to most of the world) place - one of a few fora for this subject in the entire world. Moreover, she is a newbie. Anyone who thought her thread to content ratio was a real issue should have taken it up with the moderator only.
jackvio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:25 PM   #50
tjw1971

tjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Angry Umm.. I usually don't complain much, but ....

This attitude is, frankly, a bunch of B.S. Every one of these web forums has a "search" function in it, making it easy to locate specific messages - if you're so concerned about being able to locate a specific discussion.

It'd feel MUCH more like self-serving propaganda if individuals created permanent message threads JUST to update regularly with their latest photos and talk about themselves.

I think a new topic should be started ANY time someone feels like it, and replies will (hopefully) directly relate to that one message. In my opinion, that gives a forum a "fresh and alive" feel, as opposed to seeing replies being tacked on to old messages, posted 6 months to 2 years ago. A forum should be an evolving, living thing .... not a structured "file cabinet" where messages need to all get filed under specific, fixed folders.

I hate to say it, but it felt to me like *some* of the ladies here were a little bit jealous of this girl's photos and attractive looks - and might be giving her a hard time partially because of that. Maybe that's totally "off base", but it's the "vibe" I got from some of the replies to her messages.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatFatGirl View Post
If anyone's giving you any grief I think it has nothing to do with supporting you feeling good about yourself/proud of your body/whatever and everything to do with you starting 8 or 9 threads in the last couple of days. If we all did that the boards would be a mess and impossible to follow. I have no doubt your photos are being enjoyed by all who love weight gain and cute, confident girls... Maybe just select one of your threads to continue updating with new photos and updates? It could be all about you. Yeehaw.
tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote