Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board > Weight Gain

Old 11-20-2007, 02:27 PM   #51
toddjohnson

toddjohnson can now change their title

Autymn is definitely very jealousable. She's helped me decide I'm a FA.
Old 11-20-2007, 02:49 PM   #52
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjw1971 View Post
I hate to say it, but it felt to me like *some* of the ladies here were a little bit jealous of this girl's photos and attractive looks - and might be giving her a hard time partially because of that. Maybe that's totally "off base", but it's the "vibe" I got from some of the replies to her messages.....
I side with them, and I'm young and male. I'm not jealous of her at all; rather, I just feel that it's a bit ridiculous to log in and see a dozen threads by a poster, all of which include FIVE PICTURES of her and about three posts of her bumping the thread.

You truly are off-base here, and quite insulting.

Last edited by Blackjack; 11-20-2007 at 02:52 PM.
Blackjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:13 PM   #53
goldendiamondeyes
goldendiamoneyes

goldendiamondeyes can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
I side with them, and I'm young and male. I'm not jealous of her at all; rather, I just feel that it's a bit ridiculous to log in and see a dozen threads by a poster, all of which include FIVE PICTURES of her and about three posts of her bumping the thread.

I agree also, there is a difference in posting a pic of oneself, but to continually take pic EVERY single Minute (seems this way) and keep posting them under new threads,,,, this is getting OLD and fast......Don't she have anything better to do with her time? Not that I'm jealous of her,,, BUT DANG......enough is enough already.. (just my thoughts)
Old 11-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #54
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default And the point is?

One problem with that complaint - relevance.

1) the multiple threads (and I believe there were only four, not dozens) occurred some days ago,
2) the issue was commented on and correction made,
3) there have been no new threads since.
4) All subsequent posts have been made in existing threads.

So what is the issue remaining now?
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 03:56 PM   #55
phatfatgirl

phatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 clubphatfatgirl is a member of the 500 club
Default ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Observer View Post
One problem with that complaint - relevance.

1) the multiple threads (and I believe there were only four, not dozens) occurred some days ago,
2) the issue was commented on and correction made,
3) there have been no new threads since.
4) All subsequent posts have been made in existing threads.

So what is the issue remaining now?
I guess it just leaves us here at the here and now... of course I can see both sides "issues" But as a newbie myself I didn't see anything "snarky" in any of the replies I've seen here.. but then maybe i'm just confused.
phatfatgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 04:05 PM   #56
tjw1971

tjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokestjw1971 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes
Post Well, take my comments as a generalization then....

Maybe this particular "issue" has already been "resolved" to everyone's satisfaction, and if so - great.

What rubs me the wrong way is the insinuation that there's a "correct" way to use these forums, and an "incorrect" way - related to whether or not a poster chooses to start a new thread.

I don't think there were a *dozen* new threads, anyway. I only saw about 3 from the individual in question here. Exaggeration like this is one reason why I think my comments may not have been so "off base", to begin with!

Beyond that, I've been a computer BBS sysop for nearly a decade, and an avid net user ever since that era came to an end. In all that time, I've really only seen people consider it "bumping a thread" when they post empty messages or one-liner "nonsense" that's not worth the effort to click on - simply to make it appear that a thread is still among the "most recent active" ones.

I didn't see this sort of behavior here, either. Posting a little more info or commentary on one's initial picture counts as a "legitimate" follow-up message to me.

Regardless - the idea that it's "ok" to start new threads at will, rather than feel compelled to "file" one's new messages under some existing and "most appropriate" older thread reduces the need for "bumping" threads anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post

tjw1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:08 PM   #57
CravInTheCurves88

CravInTheCurves88 can now change their title
Default hm

Quote:
Maybe this particular "issue" has already been "resolved" to everyone's satisfaction, and if so - great.

What rubs me the wrong way is the insinuation that there's a "correct" way to use these forums, and an "incorrect" way - related to whether or not a poster chooses to start a new thread.

I don't think there were a *dozen* new threads, anyway. I only saw about 3 from the individual in question here. Exaggeration like this is one reason why I think my comments may not have been so "off base", to begin with!

Beyond that, I've been a computer BBS sysop for nearly a decade, and an avid net user ever since that era came to an end. In all that time, I've really only seen people consider it "bumping a thread" when they post empty messages or one-liner "nonsense" that's not worth the effort to click on - simply to make it appear that a thread is still among the "most recent active" ones.

I didn't see this sort of behavior here, either. Posting a little more info or commentary on one's initial picture counts as a "legitimate" follow-up message to me.

Regardless - the idea that it's "ok" to start new threads at will, rather than feel compelled to "file" one's new messages under some existing and "most appropriate" older thread reduces the need for "bumping" threads anyway.
i think that everyone needs to stop talking about this... its over with ill stop posting threads.. im going to leave everything i put up in the threads i already made.. so there will be no more.. sorry for the inconvience.. but the matter is over. and everyone dragging it on is making the situation worse...]
-autymn-
CravInTheCurves88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #58
BigCutieSasha
Fatty McFat Fat

BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!BigCutieSasha keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

First of all no one is jealous here of the looks of this girl, and there is a thing called forum etiquette. It would be like every time someone wanted to vent, instead of going to the random secret confessions and complaints thread you just bitched in a random thread you started each day.

Also, who actually used the word DOZENS? I know there were a lot more than should have been posted but I don't recall someone saying dozens. Clearly enough posts for someone to start a debate though. Notice most of the people who just made the comment about cutting back on thread starting are people who have been here a while and who post on a regular basis. People who know the boards and the respectful way of posting. She has been informed, all is well with the universe, it won't keep happening. But stop trying to make it seem like it's ok for someone to take over a board with random post of pictures (aka Spam) when you and this person obviously didn't and don't know respectful rules.
BigCutieSasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 06:43 PM   #59
CravInTheCurves88

Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
First of all no one is jealous here of the looks of this girl, and there is a thing called forum etiquette. It would be like every time someone wanted to vent, instead of going to the random secret confessions and complaints thread you just bitched in a random thread you started each day.

Also, who actually used the word DOZENS? I know there were a lot more than should have been posted but I don't recall someone saying dozens. Clearly enough posts for someone to start a debate though. Notice most of the people who just made the comment about cutting back on thread starting are people who have been here a while and who post on a regular basis. People who know the boards and the respectful way of posting. She has been informed, all is well with the universe, it won't keep happening. But stop trying to make it seem like it's ok for someone to take over a board with random post of pictures (aka Spam) when you and this person obviously didn't and don't know respectful rules.
well i said i would stop posting so much... can this please just stop....!
Old 11-20-2007, 07:42 PM   #60
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
Also, who actually used the word DOZENS? I know there were a lot more than should have been posted but I don't recall someone saying dozens.
I said a dozen; a slight exaggeration. It was actually about seven or eight.
Old 11-20-2007, 09:58 PM   #61
CravInTheCurves88

Default Wow

everyone neeeds to stop this honestly!
Old 11-21-2007, 01:18 AM   #62
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

I hate to say it, but it felt to me like *some* of the ladies here were a little bit jealous of this girl's photos and attractive looks - and might be giving her a hard time partially because of that. Maybe that's totally "off base", but it's the "vibe" I got from some of the replies to her messages.....
Lulz, hardly. Plus, why couldn't the pictures of her fella cooking her dinner go in with the picture thread she already had of her dinner?
Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:22 AM   #63
Emma
On Timeout

Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!Emma keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CravInTheCurves88 View Post
everyone neeeds to stop this honestly!
You started it. You can't pick and choose what replies you get. (As I've been told many times before) You wanted drama, and here it is. These "I'm leaving forever" posts are never nice places to be, especially for the topic starter. I know exactly what you wanted. You wanted many replies saying "Oh I'm sorry please stay wah wah" and "they're mean, you must stay." It's just more attention for you and now you've got bad attention you just don't like it. You know, when I first saw a dig against you for starting so many threads I was going to stick up for you but I can see you just caused the rest yourself.

People will say what they have to say up until the point the post gets locked. Which I believe you can request to happen from one of the mods. I've a feeling that this thread will be forgotten about and you forgiven easy enough. Just don't try and pull this shit again, ay?
Old 11-21-2007, 01:34 AM   #64
FaxMachine1234
you know it

FaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFaxMachine1234 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurvyEm View Post
You started it. You can't pick and choose what replies you get. (As I've been told many times before) You wanted drama, and here it is. These "I'm leaving forever" posts are never nice places to be, especially for the topic starter. I know exactly what you wanted. You wanted many replies saying "Oh I'm sorry please stay wah wah" and "they're mean, you must stay." It's just more attention for you and now you've got bad attention you just don't like it. You know, when I first saw a dig against you for starting so many threads I was going to stick up for you but I can see you just caused the rest yourself.
Actually, rather than soliciting support, I think she was just trying to make people feel bad for attacking her on her many threads, and I don't really blame her. There's no "lesson" being taught by continuing this thread, so let's just drop it at the OP's request?
FaxMachine1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:42 AM   #65
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hey,

I feel for Autymn in a way. She is only young and a lot of us are much older and more seasoned with posting etc. We all make mistakes ( None more so than me ) so can we cut her some slack, and move on.
Keep on posting Autymn and have fun.

Shoshie
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 05:33 PM   #66
Rhino1978

Rhino1978 can now change their title

hey gang lets all chill out a bit.At the end of the day a new thread is just a new thread..
Rhino1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 06:48 PM   #67
k1009
Cirque du Carnage

k1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 club

Quote:

Psssssssssssssst, she's already got a boyfriend.
k1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 11:01 PM   #68
Totmacher

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

So, did we convince her to stay, did she leave, was it just another cry for attention? I don't have the attention span for threads of this length, but I really wanna know.
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:49 AM   #69
Emma
On Timeout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totmacher View Post
So, did we convince her to stay, did she leave, was it just another cry for attention? I don't have the attention span for threads of this length, but I really wanna know.
Oh no she's staying because she shouldn't leave over "stupid ignorant" things said to her. Hawhaw.
Old 11-22-2007, 06:36 AM   #70
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1009 View Post
Psssssssssssssst, she's already got a boyfriend.

Oh my.....what an astute observation

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 06:43 AM   #71
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I read the title to this thread and thought for a split second that the Zitkus' were back.
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:09 AM   #72
Observer
Editor/Writer/Commentator

Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Observer has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

This forum isn't mine to moderate, so the following is just a statement of facts for the record by an annoyed community member:
1) At no time has CravInTheCurves88 done anything actionable or in violation of any board rules.

2) Her initial zeal in creating threads did attract comments from some quarters which nearly drove her away.

3) Thankfully, before that could occur, the concerns were appropriately responded to by senior (and kinder) community members and moderators.

4) Since that time there have been no new threads and therefore no more need to rehash what at worst was just a case of youthful exuberance that needed to be channeled (and was).
Given the above, shouldn't we include CravInTheCurves88's presence (and other's like her) in our midst as an added reason to be thankful on this holiday and move on? Personally I wish there were many more refreshingly free spirits of similar bent, and I'm sure others here share that view.
Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 10:24 AM   #73
Rowan
wickedly delicious

Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Rowan has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

*grumbles*

פפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפפ

~*~And I find it kind of funny, I find it kind of sad
The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had
~*~

Last edited by Rowan; 11-22-2007 at 10:25 AM. Reason: working on being nice...
Rowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:16 PM   #74
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
This forum isn't mine to moderate, so the following is just a statement of facts for the record by an annoyed community member:
1) At no time has CravInTheCurves88 done anything actionable or in violation of any board rules.

2) Her initial zeal in creating threads did attract comments from some quarters which nearly drove her away.

3) Thankfully, before that could occur, the concerns were appropriately responded to by senior (and kinder) community members and moderators.

4) Since that time there have been no new threads and therefore no more need to rehash what at worst was just a case of youthful exuberance that needed to be channeled (and was).
Given the above, shouldn't we include CravInTheCurves88's presence (and other's like her) in our midst as an added reason to be thankful on this holiday and move on? Personally I wish there were many more refreshingly free spirits of similar bent, and I'm sure others here share that view.
Thanks, Observer, well said. I was just hoping everyone would stop posting and let it die down but that didn't seem to be happening. I appreciate your post
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 12:27 PM   #75
Rhino1978

Rhino1978 can now change their title

Quote:

I second that.Lets give the woman a break i thought when people like us on this site get grief every single day in the real world for either being large or liking people who are large would be a bit more tolerent of some one just being eager to join in on the site
Rhino1978 is offline   Reply With Quote