Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Clothing/Fashion

Old 11-18-2007, 05:36 PM   #1
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!
Default Am I the only crazy person?

Who takes pictures of themselves trying on clothes in a dressing room or before going out?

I don't think mirrors tell the whole picture
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ha007-1.jpg (99.3 KB, 536 views)
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 10:30 PM   #2
tattooU

tattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized reptattooU has super-sized rep

i don't.....but ya know, i'm thinking i should start. There are somethings i come home with must be that trick lighting!
tattooU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 03:55 AM   #3
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

cherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going on

I confess, I did this once. We were up visiting hubbys siter & her family in Columbus, OH in July/Aug. I went into Catherines & there among the grandma clothes was a cute lepoard print top with a round gold buckle in the middle of it. It was more than I could afford. I just had to use my cellphones camera to take a pic of me in it. Fortunately awhile back, I found it on clearance sale at our Catherines & had a coupon too! I posted the pics of me in it on a thread on here but I forget which one tho. I still love the top...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:11 AM   #4
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattooU View Post
i don't.....but ya know, i'm thinking i should start. There are somethings i come home with must be that trick lighting!
That and the fun house mirrors.
Old 11-19-2007, 07:37 AM   #5
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community

ohh, yes. It's definitely in the mirrors in some places!!

Try it at home with a full length mirror... tilt it and you'll look thinner and taller lol
Old 11-19-2007, 07:38 AM   #6
Fyreflyintheskye
☯tae kwan donut champ☯

Fyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions communityFyreflyintheskye is a pillar of the Dimensions community
Thumbs up

Great idea, though! cam phone pics in dressing room...
Old 11-19-2007, 06:01 PM   #7
bexy
is red again <3

bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!bexy keeps pushing the rep limit!

if im shopping on my own i take pics and send them to my bf to get his opinion.....and then usually dont listen to it lol..

but seriously i have always done this! having worked as a visual merchandiser for a few months i know that dressing room mirrors, the lighting everything is designed to make u look ur hottest, so taking a pic is a wise thing to do!

bexy xo

With loves, and hates, and passions just like mine.
bexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 06:10 PM   #8
Suze
Too Vanilla For You

Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Suze has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexylicious View Post
having worked as a visual merchandiser for a few months i know that dressing room mirrors, the lighting everything is designed to make u look ur hottest, so taking a pic is a wise thing to do!

bexy xo
I always felt like the opposite. But it may have a connection with me being all stressed out and sweaty when I go shopping.

I hate doing the actual shopping. It’s the part afterward that counts: D

Last edited by Suze; 11-19-2007 at 06:11 PM. Reason: add
Suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 10:23 PM   #9
Aurora1
curioser and curiouser

Aurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this boardAurora1 carries a lot of weight on this board

Girl...you know damn well that I am crazy too!!!

I have never done that before but it seems like a good idea. BTW...that shirt is HOT!

I don't think pics of me in any dressing room would be as attractive cuz I'm usually on the verge of breaking a sweat trying on 50 million different things and always in a hurry and looking for the sales assistant to bring me something or other. LOL I'm always nice to the girlz but I do need help and always like whoevers' opinion is nearby that is willing to give it! Like...is this too tight? not my color? maybe with another top? maybe topless? haha j/k
Old 11-20-2007, 01:03 PM   #10
BeckaBoo
Loves fishsticks...

BeckaBoo is a member of the 500 clubBeckaBoo is a member of the 500 clubBeckaBoo is a member of the 500 clubBeckaBoo is a member of the 500 clubBeckaBoo is a member of the 500 clubBeckaBoo is a member of the 500 club

Quote:
Originally Posted by bexylicious View Post
if im shopping on my own i take pics and send them to my bf to get his opinion.....and then usually dont listen to it lol..

but seriously i have always done this! having worked as a visual merchandiser for a few months i know that dressing room mirrors, the lighting everything is designed to make u look ur hottest, so taking a pic is a wise thing to do!

bexy xo
Dressing rooms mirrors are designed to make you look hot? NO WAY, I totally agree with Susie and Aurora!

For some reason whenever i enter a dressing room i seem to gain like 80lbs, i mean i am fully aware i'm large, but WTF? I know that 4ft wide arse that i can see reflected was not attatched to me before i entered the cubicle of deciept!!
Dressing rooms = Evil!

Anyway answering the thread topic, i am forever taking pics of my outfits etc, but thats more because of my narcissism and the fact that i like to keep a check on whether i actually look as hot as i think i do.

Last edited by BeckaBoo; 11-20-2007 at 01:05 PM.
BeckaBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 05:04 PM   #11
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I've never taken pics in the dressing room...which by the way, have the most awful lightning. Ugh...totally distorts my beauty.
Old 11-20-2007, 06:01 PM   #12
latinshygirl92377

latinshygirl92377 is a member of the 500 clublatinshygirl92377 is a member of the 500 clublatinshygirl92377 is a member of the 500 clublatinshygirl92377 is a member of the 500 clublatinshygirl92377 is a member of the 500 clublatinshygirl92377 is a member of the 500 club

i have thought of doing this before. Like two weeks ago i went shopping with my sister and thought about brining the cam along but i forgot it at home....lol! but, i still think i made a good choice in what i bought...i got lots of compliments on the outfit so...YAY!...lol!
latinshygirl92377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 11:31 PM   #13
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I haven't done it before, but it seems like a good idea. If I can't decide, I could use the pictures to mix and match and stuff and decide what to buy!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:54 PM   #14
k1009
Cirque du Carnage

k1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 club

My friends and I do it a lot. They'll usually take pics outside the changeroom and won't hesitate to ask a salesgirl to do it for them while I'm a little more modest and prefer to photgraph in private. I love cellphones for this more than any other feature. You can get a pic, send it to a few people and get their opinion before buying. Super technology.
k1009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2007, 07:08 PM   #15
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I usually do that with my hair. I've done things with my hair that I thought looked fab but when I took a picture the photo told a different story. My hair was fugly in the picture. It's been very effective in that area, I may start doing what you do toni. I've gone out thinking I looked okay and then viewed pictures from the event and thought I looked dowdy and disheveled. I don't think it's a crazy habit at all, especially if you're going somewhere special and you want to look polished.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 12:58 AM   #16
Jasminium
sippin' beer thru straws

Jasminium can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJasminium can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesJasminium can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

That is a really good idea. I swear something is up with the mirrors at Torrid, they lie. I'm gonna have to start taking pics.
Jasminium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 09:01 PM   #17
Britannia
Babydoll

Britannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized rep

It's because you're not at home, with the New Top alongside all the rest of your stuff, with you putting it on, about to go out into the world with it.

Trying it on and buying it is very different than putting it on and going out in it. People try stuff on that may not actually work for them, but in the clothing store setting they're there trying to find stuff to fill out their wardrobe and will thus try to convince themselves why the garment will work for them...

That's why there's always an associate at the fitting rooms, just waiting to tell you how those pants are an absolute staple and go with practically anything.

I wish I hadn't thrown away my Associate's Training booklet. They say some very sneaky stuff about what an opportunity the fitting rooms are to distort people's perceptions of themselves to the store's advantage.
Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 06:52 PM   #18
AtlantisAK

AtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going onAtlantisAK knows EXACTLY what's going on

I've never done it, but I thought about taking pictures...Too bad the boyfriend who promises me a camera, never buys it. Hrmph. And It does seem like it'd be a good idea to do...That way you can usually get a 'second opinion' of sorts.
I know those ladies there don't care what you look like, they just want you to buy stuff and leave! lol.
By the way, what store was that? The shirt is gorgeous! I love the style
Old 01-03-2008, 01:53 AM   #19
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

cherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going oncherylharrell knows EXACTLY what's going on

Hit him up for a new camera lol. I got my hubby to get me a new digital camera so I'd have one with a better telephoto lens instead of one that goes between either regular or telephoto but can't get any closer.

Here are some pics of me taken Sunday after Christmas in my church clothes. I had hubby get me for Christmas a black early 60's looking jacket that was on sale at Peebles Dept store. And the day he got it for me was the day they had a n extra so much % off for seniors & he is over 55 lol. So he got it cheaper. Pays off to be married to an over 55 lol. The black hat I wore cuz it was raining. And the black Christmas top I got for $4 something on sale at Walmart after Christmas.

Next are New Yrs Eve pics of me. The green jacket I bought when it went on sale in Lane Bryant, bought the black pullon flareleg jeans in a Lane Bryant outlet store & the green sweater I got on sale in Macys, which I all bought for hubby to get me for Christmas

The black velvet wideleg pants & top I wore for the annual Church Christmqas program & I shot that pic in the church bathroom lol...
Old 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM   #20
toni
In the know

Thanks...I tried it on at a store called Deb at the local mall.

Cheryll...great pics! you pull the belt look off very well...I can't say the same for myself.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:45 PM   #21
Sugar Magnolia
vmilwa :)

Sugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticedSugar Magnolia never has a post go unnoticed

Cheryll, you are just the cutest! Thank you for sharing your pics (are those bubble lites on your tree?!!) I love the green sweater on you! (I got a green sweater for Christmas, too - more of a lime green). Anyway, I love reading your posts about your good buys!

I've not taken pics in dressing rooms, but I have taken them in a bathroom - good lighting? lol
Sugar Magnolia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 03:19 AM   #22
cherylharrell
Always Mikes Big Girl

Thanks for the nice comments ya'll. I had no idea the belt would look so good on me. I am all stomach lol...
Old 01-06-2008, 07:36 PM   #23
SMA413
C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips

SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I've taken pics before and sent them to my best friend before making any major purchases. My friend and I got busted one time- the sales clerk told us not to take any pics because we might give them to the competition or something like that.
SMA413 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:59 PM   #24
toni
In the know

OH PLEASE! That is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. At which store did this happen?
Old 01-07-2008, 06:37 AM   #25
SMA413
C-C-C-Cinnamon Lips

SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SMA413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I was with one of my skinnier friends... I think we were at some store like Forever 21 or something like that. I'm surprised she's worried about the competition stealing their designs when they sell clothes that look like everyone elses. Zero originality. Oh well, whatever makes you feel important.
SMA413 is offline   Reply With Quote