Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 11-30-2007, 01:54 AM   #1
SurfDUI
5863996552-445

SurfDUI can now change their title
Thumbs up 2007 NFL Thread

I know it's damn near over-but the good part is about to start up.
For as many T.V. watchers here any dudes or chicks plan there Sunday around the National Football League

duh, duh, duh dunnnnn

Any fans of the AFC or NFC, World Champion Indianapolis COLTS or hated Patriots

Is your city a good football town.

What up.

I guess If i had to relate this thread-a round chick in a football jersey is tre hawt.

This weekend the fight for the AFC South between the World Champs and the JAX Jags. freakin Awesome

GO COLTS
Old 11-30-2007, 01:58 AM   #2
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I have adopted the Steelers as my NFL team as it is the team of one of my mates here Steeler Man ( Bobby).

Yay Steelers.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 03:18 AM   #3
SurfDUI
5863996552-445

Quote:
Originally Posted by Susannah View Post
I have adopted the Steelers as my NFL team as it is the team of one of my mates here Steeler Man ( Bobby).

Yay Steelers.
How bout that sloppy Monday Night game-I just knew the Steelers would whop the Dolphins, but damn 3-0 game. It was the uglies game I've ever seen, it was great. I think that new coach, Mike Tomlin I think is going to have them playin, but I still don't think they are ready for that Playoff push, I hope they do..unless they run into the COLTS again
Old 11-30-2007, 08:48 AM   #4
themadhatter

By some freak accident I grew up a New York Jets fan......beating the Steelers two weeks ago salvaged something out of this season (the Steelers are my second most-hated team behind the Patriots), but other than that I've been trying to find a paper bag to put over my head on Sundays, haha. There is an old saying about the Jets from when they went 1-15 about how they always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Too true lately. Kellen Clemens certainly is not going to be a solid starter, that's for sure. What a mess.
They play the Dolphins on Sunday and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if we lost (though I would be mortified), and then it's the Browns on the 9th where I fully expect gang green to get demolished. If we somehow beat the Patriots though and spoil a perfect season for them, I won't call this a lost year, ha.
And so ends a nice little ramble about the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.

Last edited by themadhatter; 11-30-2007 at 08:51 AM.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:29 AM   #5
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:

Yay Steelers.
Susannah, I am giving this some thought and figured that I either throw a snowball at you or try to figure out which NFL team best suits you. (I am an Eagles fan and "boo" is in the dictionary in Philly).

I am guessing you have never lived here, maybe visited, maybe not. Pittsburgh is really a great city. But it has always been a lunch pail and hardhat city. Maybe that doesn't fit you well. Since you haven't grown up in an American city, you can choose from all 32 teams.

I think you definitely are AFC . Warm weather city. Maybe a team with a semi- successful history of winning. Dallas would be too easy just as Pittsburgh is too easy, they both have won 5 Superbowls. You need a team that has had some success, one you can suffer with and then enjoy the glory when they finally win. I am thinking maybe San Diego (closest NFL team to you). Miami has a stronger history and will come back to glory soon.

So San Diego Chargers. Alternate is Miami Dolphins.

Anyone else want to help Susannah with the NFL team that best suits her??

And no JETS, Madhat. There are levels of depression some people should never have to see.
Spanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:40 AM   #6
themadhatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky View Post
And no JETS, Madhat. There are levels of depression some people should never have to see.
Hahaha, ain't that the truth! I think the Jets being terrible most of the time kind of balances out my love of the Yankees. At least, that's how I rationalize it!

On the other hand, to be fair to some other teams' fans, I don't believe the Jets have had any of those soul-crushing moments, like wide-right, the drive, the fumble, ryan leaf, the oilers-bills comeback game, etc. etc. (But I refuse to admit any examples eminating from the New England region). Basically we're just all-around terrible most of the time, and make really crappy draft picks (see this somewhat legendary video ESPN put together about two years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98 yes, Ken O'Brien!) but it coooould be worse, a lot worse. I'd rather have the sustained losing than having your guts ripped out in the playoffs or something along those lines. Nooooo thanks. Nothing worse than crushed expectations (see 2001 World Series or 2004 ALCS)

On the other hand, our most legendary player did proceed to make an ass of himself on national television...Say it ain't so Joe!(oh god this was rough to watch live, but sooo funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KN74rC_jA

Though we have had some bad moments, but mostly due to stupidity (old list though, but particularly look at #'s 11,10,8, and 3. And I still remember that '98 AFC Championship game) http://www.jetsinsider.com/news.php?storyid=43

Also, a quick google search for most tortured sports cities yields this nifty little result, and I'm frankly not surprised....(though it is from 3 years ago, it might as well still hold true)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ured/cleveland

Wow, ok so this was exhaustive. Yeah Susannah, don't go for the Jets. But don't go for the 'Fins either!!!

Last edited by themadhatter; 11-30-2007 at 10:06 AM. Reason: ...and I wanna kiss you, YEEEAAAHH!!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:32 AM   #7
SuperMishe
Single. Wanna mingle?

SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!SuperMishe has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Madhatter and SurfDUI - don't be hatin' just cause we're the best!!

Go Pats!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 04-helmet-logo-sm.jpg (16.2 KB, 238 views)
File Type: jpg MePatriots.JPG (45.5 KB, 236 views)
File Type: jpg ring2.jpg (13.9 KB, 229 views)
SuperMishe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 PM   #8
themadhatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post

Go Pats!!!

Well, to be fair, the Flying Lawnmower incident did actually kill a pats fan, so maybe it's karma. On the other hand, Mo Lewis is responsible for you guys ever getting a glimpse of Tom Brady, so you can thank the Jets for that!
But how much does it suck to be Drew Bledsoe? First Brady then Romo? Poor guy.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:50 PM   #9
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!Spanky keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMishe View Post

Go Pats!!!
The Pats we're who we thought they were!

.....AND WE LET THEM OFF THE HOOK.

Luv,

Iggles Fan (and Dennis Green)

Last edited by Spanky; 06-14-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:45 PM   #10
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hey Spanky,

I will adopt a second NFL team on the proviso that you must also adopt an Australian team, namely the Collingwood Football Club.

You are correct I have never visited Pittsburgh, but I have visited other American cities, and my brother Si lives in Brooklyn NY.

Check out www.afl.com.au

I know that you will make the correct choice.

Click on all the different symbols to view the different teams.

Susannah

Last edited by Shosh; 11-30-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: Add link
Old 11-30-2007, 02:09 PM   #11
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Quote:
Hey Spanky,

I will adopt a second NFL team on the proviso that you must also adopt an Australian team, namely the Collingwood Football Club.

You are correct I have never visited Pittsburgh, but I have visited other American cities, and my brother Si lives in Brooklyn NY.

Check out www.afl.com.au

I know that you will make the correct choice.

Click on all the different symbols to view the different teams.

Susannah
I have watched Australian Rules Football if this is what it is. Understand some of it. Why Collingwood? Your fave? Or does it fit me? Looks like they are in the upper part of the standings this year. Is that typical??

If you're joking with me, I will assign you the Cleveland Browns. Don't make me do it.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:15 PM   #12
themadhatter

Ouch. You're just tearing apart all of the league's most cursed franchises eh? Hahahaha.
But then again, you guys did boo Santa.

Look, if you really want to saddle her with an 'awesome' warm-weather team, how about the Cardinals?

Last edited by themadhatter; 11-30-2007 at 02:18 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:24 PM   #13
Spanky
Freakishly Normal

Quote:
Originally Posted by themadhatter View Post
Ouch. You're just tearing apart all of the league's most cursed franchises eh? Hahahaha.
But then again, you guys did boo Santa.

Look, if you really want to saddle her with an 'awesome' warm-weather team, how about the Cardinals?
Boo-ing Santa is what they do in Boston and NYC.

We throw snowballs at the red-suited freak. Especially when were down big at the half.

Cleveland throws plastic beer bottles at refs.

Pikers.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:27 PM   #14
themadhatter

Quote:
Boo-ing Santa is what they do in Boston and NYC.

We throw snowballs at the red-suited freak. Especially when were down big at the half.

Cleveland throws plastic beer bottles at refs.

Pikers.
Haha, I definitely remember booing being accompanied with snowballs. But then again, I wasn't even alive at the time.

Ummm...well you don't want to know about Jets fans at Gate D. I can't make any rationalizations there. Fortunately I've never been one of those clowns. Also, I left NY ten years before I even heard about this.

Last edited by themadhatter; 11-30-2007 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:28 PM   #15
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
I have watched Australian Rules Football if this is what it is. Understand some of it. Why Collingwood? Your fave? Or does it fit me? Looks like they are in the upper part of the standings this year. Is that typical??

If you're joking with me, I will assign you the Cleveland Browns. Don't make me do it.
Describe your personality to me and then I will chose a team for you.
Meanwhile how wonderful it must be to live in Minnesota. The land of the vikings, no?
Old 11-30-2007, 03:49 PM   #16
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Well, since I grew up in New Orleans, I have a lot of pride in being a New Orleans Saints fan. Sure they might not win a lot, but they will forever be my favorite team!
Old 11-30-2007, 05:11 PM   #17
LarryTheShiveringChipmunk

LarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticedLarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticedLarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticedLarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticedLarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticedLarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticedLarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticedLarryTheShiveringChipmunk never has a post go unnoticed

i really wished the Rams went 0-16
Old 11-30-2007, 07:06 PM   #18
CAMellie
Gabriel Spencer

CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!CAMellie keeps pushing the rep limit!

The one and only thing my late husband Kerry asked me to do for him after he died (well...the only selfish thing I guess you could say) was to root for the Cowboys for him. I do so gladly.

GO COWBOYS!!!!
CAMellie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #19
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAMellie View Post
The one and only thing my late husband Kerry asked me to do for him after he died (well...the only selfish thing I guess you could say) was to root for the Cowboys for him. I do so gladly.

GO COWBOYS!!!!
Mellie,
In Australia the term '" To root" means to have sex. Is that what your late hub meant per chance?
Old 12-01-2007, 02:10 AM   #20
J34
Purple Monkey Dishwasher!

J34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions communityJ34 is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
Hahaha, ain't that the truth! I think the Jets being terrible most of the time kind of balances out my love of the Yankees. At least, that's how I rationalize it!

On the other hand, to be fair to some other teams' fans, I don't believe the Jets have had any of those soul-crushing moments, like wide-right, the drive, the fumble, ryan leaf, the oilers-bills comeback game, etc. etc. (But I refuse to admit any examples eminating from the New England region). Basically we're just all-around terrible most of the time, and make really crappy draft picks (see this somewhat legendary video ESPN put together about two years ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZxNeFLuY98 yes, Ken O'Brien!) but it coooould be worse, a lot worse. I'd rather have the sustained losing than having your guts ripped out in the playoffs or something along those lines. Nooooo thanks. Nothing worse than crushed expectations (see 2001 World Series or 2004 ALCS)

On the other hand, our most legendary player did proceed to make an ass of himself on national television...Say it ain't so Joe!(oh god this was rough to watch live, but sooo funny)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50KN74rC_jA

Though we have had some bad moments, but mostly due to stupidity (old list though, but particularly look at #'s 11,10,8, and 3. And I still remember that '98 AFC Championship game) http://www.jetsinsider.com/news.php?storyid=43

Also, a quick google search for most tortured sports cities yields this nifty little result, and I'm frankly not surprised....(though it is from 3 years ago, it might as well still hold true)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...ured/cleveland

Wow, ok so this was exhaustive. Yeah Susannah, don't go for the Jets. But don't go for the 'Fins either!!!

DUDE!!! Your a Jets fan too!!! Awesome, we can share our depression and misery over how terrible we have been. .
Old 12-01-2007, 08:41 AM   #21
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:10 AM   #22
chocolate desire

chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

I am now and always will be forever a STEELERS fan!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg steelers_sb_ring_xl_1.jpg (78.3 KB, 58 views)
File Type: jpg weekendstillersok3.jpg (29.2 KB, 58 views)
Old 12-01-2007, 09:28 AM   #23
SurfDUI
5863996552-445

Quote:
By some freak accident I grew up a New York Jets fan......beating the Steelers two weeks ago salvaged something out of this season (the Steelers are my second most-hated team behind the Patriots), but other than that I've been trying to find a paper bag to put over my head on Sundays, haha. There is an old saying about the Jets from when they went 1-15 about how they always manage to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory. Too true lately. Kellen Clemens certainly is not going to be a solid starter, that's for sure. What a mess.
They play the Dolphins on Sunday and frankly I wouldn't be surprised if we lost (though I would be mortified), and then it's the Browns on the 9th where I fully expect gang green to get demolished. If we somehow beat the Patriots though and spoil a perfect season for them, I won't call this a lost year, ha.
And so ends a nice little ramble about the J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS.
J.E.T.S.

Your Patriot disdain is shared and upped one. For a COLTS fanatic the Steelers albiet a respectable org. have cost us 2 superbowl appearances, One in 95...my heart still drops at the thought of that missed hail Mary...Neil O'Donnell my ass. And the most recent when, after being stabbed the night before the game, Big Ben toe tackeld Nicky Harper to save the superbowl...it still stings.

The good thing about the Jets are that they have real fans, Gawd, they haven't won...wait Peyton did get revenge on them for that 41 point loss back in '02 or '01 I think, but still. They haven't been right since Jersey Joe Namath.

BUT THE FANS MAN!! Yea I think Miami might get them this Sunday too, In that division I have more faith in them to creep closer to the Pats over the next couple of seasons than the Bills or phins. MANGENIUS???
Old 12-01-2007, 09:31 AM   #24
themadhatter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurfDUI View Post
J.E.T.S.

Your Patriot disdain is shared and upped one. For a COLTS fanatic the Steelers albiet a respectable org. have cost us 2 superbowl appearances, One in 95...my heart still drops at the thought of that missed hail Mary...Neil O'Donnell my ass. And the most recent when, after being stabbed the night before the game, Big Ben toe tackeld Nicky Harper to save the superbowl...it still stings.

The good thing about the Jets are that they have real fans, Gawd, they haven't won...wait Peyton did get revenge on them for that 41 point loss back in '02 or '01 I think, but still. They haven't been right since Jersey Joe Namath.

BUT THE FANS MAN!! Yea I think Miami might get them this Sunday too, In that division I have more faith in them to creep closer to the Pats over the next couple of seasons than the Bills or phins. MANGENIUS???
Haha, your sympathies are appreciated and noted sir. Also, I'm not afraid, though a bit ashamed, to admit that at one time I actually OWNED a Neil O'Donnell Jets jersey...

Also, as Tuesday Morning Quarterback calls him: Eric 'I was a teenage coach' Mangini
Old 12-01-2007, 09:37 AM   #25
chocolate desire

chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!chocolate desire has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Mellie,
In Australia the term '" To root" means to have sex. Is that what your late hub meant per chance?
If thats the case I know several hockey players I want to root with I mean for