Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Lounge

Old 12-09-2007, 10:33 AM   #1
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Thumbs down Oy to the World!

I hate how all the shelves in the stores I usually like to go to get all mixed up and my favorite things removed to make room for holiday decorations and greeting cards.

Vent your Holiday peeves here!

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #2
BlackKnight1239

BlackKnight1239 can now change their title

Christmas carols. Being played over the radio. ALL DAY. Lucky, it hasn't started yet, but I dread the day it does...
BlackKnight1239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:38 AM   #3
kr7

kr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticedkr7 never has a post go unnoticed

I hate it how we are all supposed to outspend the neighbors, bcs....you know....that's what Jesus would do.

Chris
kr7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
k1009
Cirque du Carnage

k1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 clubk1009 is a member of the 500 club

Pop stars singing christmas carols. It's horrific! If I walk into a store and hear a carol being dragged out with horrible warbling and all sorts of silly extra notes I frown at someone and get out my ipod. What is it with pop music christmas carols? They make me want to throw a tantrum alongside the stressed and tired little kids.

I'm also hating the tacky christmas decorations that go up. In a shopping center near me everything is white and silver and kind of modern. It's totally out of keeping with my christmas spirit.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:41 AM   #5
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

At work, we're down three people- one of whom is a full-timer- for the upcoming weeks. December is by far the busiest month of the year for us, as it is for most businesses.

Yeah, this is gonna be fun.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:50 AM   #6
Blackjack
Fupa Troopa

Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.Blackjack has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by k1009 View Post
Pop stars singing christmas carols. It's horrific! If I walk into a store and hear a carol being dragged out with horrible warbling and all sorts of silly extra notes I frown at someone and get out my ipod. What is it with pop music christmas carols? They make me want to throw a tantrum alongside the stressed and tired little kids.
OH MY GOD, totally agreed. I don't give a shit if you won a Grammy, stop inventing notes to add in to Christmas songs that are overplayed to begin with.

Most of the Christmas music that I hear is some of the worst shit ever. Beyond the ass-suckingly awful standard stuff on the radio.
Old 12-09-2007, 10:53 AM   #7
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

haha This pretty much sums it up!

I really love almost everything about the Holidays. What I don't like is standing in line for half an hour when it usually takes 2 minutes and feeling like NOTHING I have done is good enough
Old 12-09-2007, 11:40 AM   #8
BBW Betty
Made My Saving Throw

BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!BBW Betty has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Yep, I like to hum along with Christmas carols, but the over-stylizing just makes me cranky. DON'T mess with my Christmas carols!! -- With one exception: Transiberian Orchestra--but they didn't add extra notes, just crafted a new dynamic for the classics, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
haha This pretty much sums it up!

I really love almost everything about the Holidays. What I don't like is standing in line for half an hour when it usually takes 2 minutes and feeling like NOTHING I have done is good enough
Thanks for that link--it is now on my favorites. I know it's silly, but I've always gotten a kick out of that one, in spite of also really enjoying everything about the holidays. One of those "go figure" things.

"Be the change you want to see in the world." --Mahatma Gandhi
BBW Betty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:56 AM   #9
southernfa

southernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBW Betty View Post
Yep, I like to hum along with Christmas carols, but the over-stylizing just makes me cranky. DON'T mess with my Christmas carols!! -- With one exception: Transiberian Orchestra--but they didn't add extra notes, just crafted a new dynamic for the classics, IMO.
Never heard of them, but I'm interested. Is there an online reference?
southernfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:03 PM   #10
qwertyman173
Andy from UK

qwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this boardqwertyman173 carries a lot of weight on this board

What I think is more amusing than annoying is how in my local supermarket they have put signs saying "christmas essentials" on every shelf. I did not know that spaghetti, tomato ketchup and coffee were Christmas essentials.
qwertyman173 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 12:23 PM   #11
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfa View Post
Never heard of them, but I'm interested. Is there an online reference?
I love them, too. I'm sure you have heard their music but maybe don't recognize the name. They are the ones that do "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" and the christmas canon.

Here's their website
Old 12-09-2007, 12:24 PM   #12
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwertyman173 View Post
What I think is more amusing than annoying is how in my local supermarket they have put signs saying "christmas essentials" on every shelf. I did not know that spaghetti, tomato ketchup and coffee were Christmas essentials.
OMG so true! LOL
Old 12-09-2007, 12:30 PM   #13
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default Cards

I hate feeling obliged to send cards to those that sent one to me. Are single guys really expected to do this? I have a virtual assistant but it seems so cheesy to lay that off on her. On the other hand I had no prob with the wife handling it when I was married? Doesn't help my holiday attitude that I'm Jewish, either! LOL
Old 12-09-2007, 01:30 PM   #14
Britannia
Babydoll

Britannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized repBritannia has super-sized rep

The terrible holiday movies that are retardedly predictable.

The idiots who rush my store every god damned day, ripping up all the piles I just folded and treating me like I'm not even a human being.

The fact that people whine or treat you differently if you don't send them cards/gifts. (I rarely, if ever, do either of these things, and would really prefer if THEY didn't send such things to ME, either).

I also despise thanksgivings because of the three children that always show up, two of them are clinically psychotic, the other one is a fucking sadist, and the rest of the family tries to make me play cards with them, listen to them bitch about the neighbor's lawn, and then I have to watch them shovel my mother's gourmet masterpieces into their disgusting mouths like it's a McDonald's happy meal about to get taken away from them.

Call me the Grinch, but holidays blow.
Britannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:40 PM   #15
southernfa

southernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticedsouthernfa never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy girl View Post
I love them, too. I'm sure you have heard their music but maybe don't recognize the name. They are the ones that do "Christmas Eve Sarajevo" and the christmas canon.

Here's their website
Oh, the "Christmas" canon. I love Pachelbel's canon and can truly say that this is most unique rendition I have ever heard!
The lead guitar could give Brian May a run for his money.
Loved the balalaikas; reminded me of a Hungarian academic I once worked with who had the most amazing tongue. He could mimic the balalaika perfectly.
southernfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:41 PM   #16
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Hey Lilly,

I hate seeing adults make children stand in line for an eternity just to get a pic taken with Santa. It is all very nice etc, but if your child is tired and distressed I think it is not right to make them wait forever just for a photo.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 01:52 PM   #17
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernfa View Post
Oh, the "Christmas" canon. I love Pachelbel's canon and can truly say that this is most unique rendition I have ever heard!
The lead guitar could give Brian May a run for his money.
Loved the balalaikas; reminded me of a Hungarian academic I once worked with who had the most amazing tongue. He could mimic the balalaika perfectly.
My family are Hungarian. We rule mate!!!
Old 12-09-2007, 02:01 PM   #18
alienlanes
no longer slackin'

alienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions communityalienlanes is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Quote:
At the chain bookstore where I used to work, we were required by corporate headquarters to keep the same half-dozen carols and standards on permanent repeat from November 1 through New Year's.

Do they know it's Christmas time at all? We sure did. It was drilled into our brains sixteen times a day .
alienlanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 07:17 PM   #19
LillyBBBW
Wig Snatcher

LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.LillyBBBW has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Stupid Christmas movies. Somebody makes one every Holiday season. This year it's that Chipmunks movie. I'm glad I don't have kids or else I would be forced to have to pay to endure that drivel.

"...If the only pain you recognize as valid is your own, of course you'll have trouble identifying it when you see it in other people. That's the trouble with narcissism. It makes you really inadequate and boring."

Have you hugged a fat girl today?

@~;~~
LillyBBBW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:41 AM   #20
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Pop stars singing christmas carols. It's horrific! If I walk into a store and hear a carol being dragged out with horrible warbling and all sorts of silly extra notes I frown at someone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackjack View Post
OH MY GOD, totally agreed. I don't give a shit if you won a Grammy, stop inventing notes to add in to Christmas songs that are overplayed to begin with.
Thirded.

I hate how it doesn't fucking snow in Florida [for Christmas]. A bright, shiny Christmas fucking blows.
Old 12-10-2007, 10:56 AM   #21
BeautifulPoeticDisaster

BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!BeautifulPoeticDisaster keeps pushing the rep limit!

I hate how politically correct Christmas is, I mean the holidays.

I hate how commercial everything is. I hate how responsible parents become idiots in toys r us.

I hate how people exploit charity.

I hate the fact that children demand certain things for Christmas instead of asking for them.

Bah Freaking HUMBUG!
BeautifulPoeticDisaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #22
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default EXACTLY how I feel!

Lois Griffin: Uh, uh, uh, before you sit down, we're due at Joe and Bonnie's for egg nog.
Peter Griffin: Lois, can't we tell them that your mother died?
Lois Griffin: Peter, I'm not going to lie about something like that.
Peter Griffin: All right, all right, I'll kill your mother. G-d, when did Christmas become so complicated?

'Nuf said?
Old 12-10-2007, 11:51 AM   #23
Count Zero
Dethroned Emperor

Count Zero can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCount Zero can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I hate the financial crunch that always seems to accompany Christmas, when we have to load the cost of presents on top of bills and rent. I have no problem with the holiday, just the 24 days leading up to it.

And all the schmaltzy Christmas movies have to stop. It's A Wonderful Life, A Christmas Story and How the Grinch Stole Christmas are the only good ones I can remember, and there's more of these things coming out each year.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:02 PM   #24
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpi View Post
Thirded.

I hate how it doesn't fucking snow in Florida [for Christmas]. A bright, shiny Christmas fucking blows.
It doesn't snow in Australia either mate as Christmas is summertime here.
Old 12-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #25
Shosh
Susannah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBellySSBBW View Post
I hate how politically correct Christmas is, I mean the holidays.

I hate how commercial everything is. I hate how responsible parents become idiots in toys r us.

I hate how people exploit charity.

I hate the fact that children demand certain things for Christmas instead of asking for them.

Bah Freaking HUMBUG!

Donni I think that the term " Happy Holidays" refers to the fact that Christmas and Chanukah are celebrated in the same month, so they are just wishing everybody well, no? Maybe it does not mean that, but that is my spin on it.

Meanwhile I hope you and your hub have a great year in 2008.

Susannah