Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 02-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #1
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Do you watch Food TV?

Do you watch the Food Network? Or other food shows on other networks?

Since getting my DVR I am a Food Network maniac! I record Good Eats, Unwrapped, Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, Top 5 (sometimes), and other miscellaneous shows if they sound appealing.

Since I haven't watched much in the past, all of the reruns are new to me, so I record sooooo many episodes each week!

So, what do you like to watch?
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #2
autopaint-1
Manny Moe & Jack Fan Club

autopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going onautopaint-1 knows EXACTLY what's going on
Default But of course

Food network is great. I also watch the Julia Child replays on the PBSU channel on Directv. #0 minute meals is great for good relatively quick meals. Unwrapped is great fun. I prefered the original Iron Chef series with the English translations and how to boil water is a good show. I just get tired of Emerol but I respect his talent.
When the tides of life turn against you and the current upsets your boat, don't waste your tears on what might have been, just lay on your back and float - Edward L Norton, 328 Chauncey Street, Bensonhurst, Brooklyn, New York
autopaint-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 08:43 PM   #3
jamie
...tickled...

jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!jamie keeps pushing the rep limit!

Paula Dean!!! She is the bomb. How can her world not be perfect with all that butter and banana pudding. She came to Lexington last fall and we waited for an hour just to see her from far far far away.

I also love Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten and Alton Brown of Good Eats.

The "Challenge" programs are great too.

Are you liking your DVR? I am trying to bargain with myself. I will get DVR if I go to the gym 5 days a week. LOL - is it worth it, Randi?
Old 02-02-2006, 08:53 PM   #4
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie
Paula Dean!!! She is the bomb. How can her world not be perfect with all that butter and banana pudding. She came to Lexington last fall and we waited for an hour just to see her from far far far away.

I also love Barefoot Contessa, Ina Garten and Alton Brown of Good Eats.

The "Challenge" programs are great too.

Are you liking your DVR? I am trying to bargain with myself. I will get DVR if I go to the gym 5 days a week. LOL - is it worth it, Randi?
I watched Paula Dean the other day and I think my arteries clogged just from watching. And yes! I forgot the Challenges. I love those.

and the DVR - it rocks. Your life will never be the same. I promise. And sure, go to the gym for it. That won't last. You'll have to stay home more to watch all the programs you've recorded when it gets too full!!
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 09:23 PM   #5
Fuzzy
Just a dirty old man

Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Fuzzy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm the original Emeril Fan.
Old 02-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #6
cnk2cav

cnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot pics

I pretty much love all of rachel ray's shows, especially 30 minute meals; there's also this new show that i have no idea what the title is, but on the weekend the lady does all her shopping and prepping and shows how you can make meals throughout the whole week in less than 15 minutes; can anyone name that show?
cnk2cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 09:16 PM   #7
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Can't name the show, but I love Good Eats. It's like Mythbusters meets the Galloping Gourmet.

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:08 AM   #8
Tina
Older and wiser now

Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tina has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy
I'm the original Emeril Fan.
Hmmm... and here I thought I was. Gotta love the man.

"It's my belief that these sheep are laborin' under the misapprehension that they're birds. Observe their be'avior. Take for a start the sheeps' tendency to 'op about the field on their back legs. Now witness their attmpts to fly from tree to tree. Notice that they do not so much fly as... plummet." -- Monty Python's Flying Circus
Tina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 12:09 AM   #9
BBWDREAMLOVER
The belly rules the mind.

BBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticedBBWDREAMLOVER never has a post go unnoticed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
Do you watch the Food Network? Or other food shows on other networks?

Since getting my DVR I am a Food Network maniac! I record Good Eats, Unwrapped, Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, Top 5 (sometimes), and other miscellaneous shows if they sound appealing.

Since I haven't watched much in the past, all of the reruns are new to me, so I record sooooo many episodes each week!

I LOVE Food Network!!
My Favs - Iron Chef, Iron Chef America, Unwrapped, Challenge, 40$ a Day....I Love Rachel Ray!!! She is just so freaking adorable and I Love watching her trying new stuff or even enjoying old favorites. I could so hang with her!

I wish I had my own show like her's! What a Dream Job!
BBWDREAMLOVER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:46 AM   #10
fatlane
Starting Arvist

fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!fatlane has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Rachel Ray looks a lot like Buffie from the chin up... oh that she looked like her from the chin down...

Just remember that acceptance is 71.4% of size acceptance.
fatlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 11:29 PM   #11
Gordo Mejor

Gordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesGordo Mejor can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoVerySoft
My favorite is The Midnight Gourmet on BET.http://www.themidnightgourmet.com/

It's different. He cooks in a tuxedo. He's so tall that his head is almost out of the picture. And romantic? His assistants are beautiful women (not BBW's sadly) dressed to the nines.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:51 AM   #12
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I love cooking shows. I think I'm acutally cooking by watching them or something. I like Paula Deen, I like Barefoot Contessa, I like Everyday Italian,
I like Good Eats. Iron Chef, Sugar Rush, 30 minute meals, 40$ a day, I even like Semi Home made. Id like to smack her at times but she has some really cool ideas for food and even "tablescapes".

Oh yeah and there is this spanish woman Lisas latian cooking or something Its not on the food network but the food looks SOOO good. I also like Lydia, shes a older short chubby italian woman that does really good Italian food.
bigsexy920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:24 AM   #13
ChristianFA

ChristianFA has said some nice things

Call me crazy, but I actually like Restaurant Makeover... as one who used to work in restaurants (owned by my family), I like to think I have a pretty good idea of what it takes to make one work.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:22 AM   #14
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!bigsexy920 keeps pushing the rep limit!

oh yeah I like that too. Did you see the one when the women didnt like the new place she was all pissy and it looked 100% better than it did
Old 02-07-2006, 11:59 AM   #15
ChristianFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920
Did you see the one when the women didnt like the new place she was all pissy and it looked 100% better than it did
There have been a couple of those, but I think I know the one you're talking about.

The food was better, the decor was better, but she didn't like it. The way I see it, they did their part, if she wants to change it back and go out of business, fine.

I did like the one where they took the photos of the owner's trip to Asia and made them into a sepia-toned mural for the wall... much more classy way of displaying those photos.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:14 PM   #16
bigsexy920
Ok I'll be good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristianFA
There have been a couple of those, but I think I know the one you're talking about.

The food was better, the decor was better, but she didn't like it. The way I see it, they did their part, if she wants to change it back and go out of business, fine.

I did like the one where they took the photos of the owner's trip to Asia and made them into a sepia-toned mural for the wall... much more classy way of displaying those photos.
YES that was a great one. that was a real Bitch to get up though thats for sure.
Old 02-07-2006, 01:32 PM   #17
ChristianFA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsexy920
YES that was a great one. that was a real Bitch to get up though thats for sure.
It seems that there's something that's a struggle in each episode... wonder if they plan it that way?
Old 02-07-2006, 05:15 PM   #18
Isa
In search of....

Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Isa has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

When I had cable tv, I loved watching Good eats and Unwrapped. Two very interesting and fun shows.
Old 02-10-2006, 05:52 PM   #19
Krazykhat

Krazykhat can now change their title

HUGE Iron Chef fan here! My wife and I play Iron chef sometimes where while at the store, she pics the secret ingredient, and I make a meal based off of it. I actually had a recipe I posted on all recipes get 4 stars. I was one that came from one of these Iron Chefs nights Other than that, Email is great but his jokes get old (hehe..), though Bobby Flay is an ass, he always has some good recipies he cooks on his shows. I'll tell you, I miss the Naked Chef.... That dude always cracks me up. Easy Peasy!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 07:24 PM   #20
cnk2cav

cnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot picscnk2cav does more than just post hot pics

whose Email? or did you mean emeril? or was it a joke that i just didn't get?
cnk2cav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #21
FatAndProud

FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.FatAndProud has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The only time I watch Food Network or something is when I'm hungry...it's like foreplay!!!
FatAndProud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2006, 11:14 AM   #22
Krazykhat

Krazykhat can now change their title

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnk2cav
whose Email? or did you mean emeril? or was it a joke that i just didn't get?
Hehehe...Yeah, no joke. I meant Emeril. I have a bad habit of not re-reading before I post. I'll tell ya, if it wasn't for spell and grammer check, I'd be flipping burgurs!
Old 02-12-2006, 11:24 AM   #23
Wayne_Zitkus
Proud FA Since 1962

Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Wayne_Zitkus has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by autopaint-1
Food network is great. I also watch the Julia Child replays on the PBSU channel on Directv. #0 minute meals is great for good relatively quick meals. Unwrapped is great fun. I prefered the original Iron Chef series with the English translations and how to boil water is a good show. I just get tired of Emerol but I respect his talent.
We also used to watch the old Julia Child shows on PBS U, but it went off DirecTV on Jan 31....