Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-15-2008, 09:30 AM   #226
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NancyGirl74 View Post
What does it take to get a third yellow can? Does anyone know? I've had two for a while and the rep keeps coming (Thanks Everyone) but it just won't add up to a third yellow can. I'm not trying to be rep greedy or anything. Just curious.

800 points...added to the total when you got the second one gets you shiny new can.

Quote:
It all depends on what you post, where you post, and how often you post. Someone might have more cans than you do and have been here less time but it could be they have 1,000 more posts than you do and post on the more frequented threads.
It also depends on who reps you......rep from Santa or Tina with their "suns" on top give more points than a new person.

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:53 AM   #227
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Sweet Jebbus! A thread where I can bitch and complain about the rep system... Woohoo! Where has this thread been all my life... I should visit the BBHM/FFA Board more often!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
800 points...added to the total when you got the second one gets you shiny new can.

It also depends on who reps you......rep from Santa or Tina with their "suns" on top give more points than a new person.
It also depends on which reputation "caste" you are placed in. Hold your mouse over your cans and you will find that you are in a category (I like to refer to them as "castes"... it makes it sound much worse...). I'm in the "keeps pushing the rep limit!" caste, which seems to be the lowest. It takes me pages of rep to gain another can. I can get shit loads of reps from "sun" people and it doesn't effect my reps that much... I think it is my free-mindedness in general, anti-feeder rants, or my posts where I basically told Conrad to kiss my ass that got me into this rep caste.

There are a bunch of is in this caste... start mouthing off, I dare ya... come join us... the few, the proud the loud...!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:55 AM   #228
BothGunsBlazing
Back...ish

BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!BothGunsBlazing keeps pushing the rep limit!

I am kind of curious to know how many points I give some one when I rep them. So, who wants to get repped by me and give me a before and after number? huh?? anyone? bueller?
BothGunsBlazing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #229
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BothGunsBlazing View Post
I am kind of curious to know how many points I give some one when I rep them....
Probably not many BGB... you are also a "rep limit pusher" like Nancy and myself. Good man! We should form a posse of some type... reek havoc, knock some skull... ya know what I'm sayin'!?

Quote:
GEF... You are in the "highest level, for now"... Butt kisser!

That "for now" part means you can always get busted down and join us... go piss Conrad off... come on... do it!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:06 AM   #230
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I am kind of curious to know how many points I give some one when I rep them. So, who wants to get repped by me and give me a before and after number? huh?? anyone? bueller?
Without whoring for the points I think you probably bestow approx 8 pts, BGB. That's based on what I know others with similar cannage have contributed to me. Keep in mind if rep is sent for a post that has already received much rep there is some multiplier that makes it worth more. Not quite sure how that works?
Old 07-15-2008, 10:24 AM   #231
JiminOR
Huh huh, it says member

JiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticed

I think it might depend on how much rep the reciever has too. The last time that someone with as many cans as BGB repped me I got almost 30 points from it. I'd be willing to be repped again to see if a similiar amount gets added this time
JiminOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:26 AM   #232
HDANGEL15
GREATFUL

HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!HDANGEL15 keeps pushing the rep limit!
Default (((bgb)))

Quote:

Tried to rep you...i can't
Old 07-15-2008, 10:29 AM   #233
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Without whoring for the points I think you probably bestow approx 8 pts, BGB. That's based on what I know others with similar cannage have contributed to me. Keep in mind if rep is sent for a post that has already received much rep there is some multiplier that makes it worth more. Not quite sure how that works?
Hey... I'm trying to start a rep riot here Mr. "has a ton of rep..."

Beat it!

Just razzin' ya ol' man...

There is only one person who really knows how the rep system works. Here is a link to what he has told us so far...

Reputation System FAQs...

Old 07-15-2008, 10:32 AM   #234
JiminOR
Huh huh, it says member

JiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticed

BGB, I got 7 points. How this stuff works is a mystery to me. 68 - 75
JiminOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:37 AM   #235
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiminOR View Post
BGB, I got 7 points. How this stuff works is a mystery to me. 68 - 75
You are now in the "JiminOR can now change their title" caste. Hold your mouse over your can's, the caste name will show. You are probably getting more reps (or can accumulation) than you used to when you first joined. You can now also change your title (the words just above your avatar) in the "User CP" to whatever you want. After "x" number of posts you move up in the reputation caste system and have more abilities. Also, your posts aren't automatically monitored by the mods (at least not as closely...)

Last edited by stan_der_man; 07-15-2008 at 10:39 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 11:56 AM   #236
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
Hey... I'm trying to start a rep riot here Mr. "has a ton of rep..."

Beat it!

Just razzin' ya ol' man...

There is only one person who really knows how the rep system works. Here is a link to what he has told us so far...

Reputation System FAQs...
Old Fogerty roolz! LOL

But seriously I don't think the number of points changes based on what rep the receiver has, at least at my modest level. I rcv'd 7 pts from BGB, same as JiminOR.

You need to be less entertaining, Stan. I think the mods all have me on "ignore"? I don't remember if this was from a mod or just some Brahmin caste dimmer but I once got a rep msg saying "You are banned for making me look up too many words." Spite rep is my bread and butter.

A rep riot sounds like a great idea but as long as they have us on short rep rations I don't think it'll ever take off. Great idea for a chant though: Fattica! Fattica!! Fattica!!
Old 07-15-2008, 01:09 PM   #237
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Old Fogerty roolz! LOL

But seriously I don't think the number of points changes based on what rep the receiver has, at least at my modest level. I rcv'd 7 pts from BGB, same as JiminOR.

You need to be less entertaining, Stan. I think the mods all have me on "ignore"? I don't remember if this was from a mod or just some Brahmin caste dimmer but I once got a rep msg saying "You are banned for making me look up too many words." Spite rep is my bread and butter.

A rep riot sounds like a great idea but as long as they have us on short rep rations I don't think it'll ever take off. Great idea for a chant though: Fattica! Fattica!! Fattica!!
I was going to give you some "spite reps" Mr. Nagel, but I'm fresh out at the moment. I would appreciate if someone else would be so kind... or spiteful...? Hmmmmmmmmm?

Old 07-15-2008, 02:04 PM   #238
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

It would be a whole lot easier if I could just rep myself.
.:* .:*
cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:12 PM   #239
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Sweet Jebbus! A thread where I can bitch and complain about the rep system... Woohoo! Where has this thread been all my life... I should visit the BBHM/FFA Board more often!

It also depends on which reputation "caste" you are placed in. Hold your mouse over your cans and you will find that you are in a category (I like to refer to them as "castes"... it makes it sound much worse...). I'm in the "keeps pushing the rep limit!" caste, which seems to be the lowest. It takes me pages of rep to gain another can. I can get shit loads of reps from "sun" people and it doesn't effect my reps that much... I think it is my free-mindedness in general, anti-feeder rants, or my posts where I basically told Conrad to kiss my ass that got me into this rep caste.

There are a bunch of is in this caste... start mouthing off, I dare ya... come join us... the few, the proud the loud...!

Ermmmmm.....I'm in the same "caste" as you are....and it's 800. I said it, that's enough, now accept it and shush it

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
Old 07-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #240
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Ermmmmm.....I'm in the same "caste" as you are....and it's 800. I said it, that's enough, now accept it and shush it
Au contraire beautiful green eyed lady... You have done something to please the powers that be! One way or another you have risen above us Untouchables... Ignorance is bliss, you need not divulge how it happened... I'm sure you will always be welcome in the Clubhouse "Boutique". The posse will always be there for you GEF, just call us if you need us!

Last edited by stan_der_man; 03-02-2009 at 02:14 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:48 PM   #241
KendraLee

KendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging in

Wow there sure does seem to be a lot of politics behind this rep stuff
KendraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:49 PM   #242
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Au contraire beautiful green eyed lady... You have done something to please the powers that be! One way or another you have risen above us Untouchables... Ignorance is bliss, you need not divulge how it happened... I'm sure you will always be welcome in the Clubhouse "Boutique". The posse will always be there for you GEF, just call us if you need us!

Lol that isn't what it said the first time I ran my pointer over it (or maybe it was yours instead? )
Nah, it changes as the cans go up, Stan.
I have hit eight cans...that is why it says that.

Oh.....that and I tend to post nudie pics of myself on the weight board sometimes.......

Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #243
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cammy View Post
It would be a whole lot easier if I could just rep myself.
Oh no, no, no Cammy.... that would bust you right back down to the Untouchables.

Old 07-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #244
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraLee View Post

I'm not sure why you think that......like I have said earlier in this thread....I think I have said it twice actually....you GIVE a lot of rep and it comes back to you.
I don't tend to post much in Hyde Park (where politics are usually discussed) nor am I quite so sure about "politics" on the board.

Funny, I saw someone else say in this thread how he gave rep to some people...that never repped him back. People complaining about rep...yet aren't too generous with it themselves?(not saying that is you KendraLee- just talking in general) What's the expression? You have to give to receive........ *lightbulb*

Last edited by Green Eyed Fairy; 07-15-2008 at 03:56 PM.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #245
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Oh.....that and I tend to post nudie pics of myself on the weight board sometimes.......
Thaaaaaat's how you moved up in the caste system! Causing things to rise in more ways than one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraLee View Post

Ooh! You are now allowed to hear the "two cans" jokes!.... Once upon a time there was this bird who was a two fisted drinker...

Old 07-15-2008, 04:00 PM   #246
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

It's free to give out rep......do it until you get one of these messages....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg stan.JPG (70.7 KB, 57 views)

Old 07-15-2008, 04:17 PM   #247
KendraLee

KendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging inKendraLee makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
I'm not sure why you think that......like I have said earlier in this thread....I think I have said it twice actually....you GIVE a lot of rep and it comes back to you.
I don't tend to post much in Hyde Park (where politics are usually discussed) nor am I quite so sure about "politics" on the board.

Funny, I saw someone else say in this thread how he gave rep to some people...that never repped him back. People complaining about rep...yet aren't too generous with it themselves?(not saying that is you KendraLee- just talking in general) What's the expression? You have to give to receive........ *lightbulb*
I didnt mean anything negative by it, I was just referring to some comments on the page before about how rep points are different coming from different people and how once you go up in the rep scale it takes more and more points to get a can. I didnt even realize what the rep thing was for quite a while after I joined but once I figured it out I started repping. I get the message about spreading the rep around before I give it to that person again quite a bit. Anyone know how much rep I need to spread before I can give it to the same person again. I've given and not received too but I just figure it will come around eventually.
KendraLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:19 PM   #248
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
It's free to give out rep......do it until you get one of these messages....
... and you even use Firefox! (I noticed the green Windows background BTW... )

Please somebody give this woman another rep! I'm totally kaput for another 24 hours.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:23 PM   #249
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

KendraLee, I have seen it posted that you have to rep ten...or was it fifteen?..people before you can rep the same person again (I do believe it is ten).
I used to be able to rep ten people before I was "out of rep"...now I feel lucky if I get in five. It has made me wonder if it's all based around the points...as in my rep gives more points now that I have more so my "points that I can give out are up" quicker? Not sure......it makes my head hurt to wonder too much

It's based around some mathematical concept....and adjusts within that concept. I believe I saw Conrad post once that he fixed it this way to avoid "rep clubs"....as in people that just rep each other continuously to build their points up. Hence the "have to spread it around" message.

Old 07-15-2008, 04:25 PM   #250
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Quote:
... and you even use Firefox! (I noticed the green Windows background BTW... )

Please somebody give this woman another rep! I'm totally kaput for another 24 hours.

That green windows background is "Windows Blinds"...a program that makes my bars and such look different...depending on which background theme I choose