Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-15-2008, 04:34 PM   #251
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

OMG! Now I'm gonna be running my pointer over everyone's cans!
.:* .:*
cammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:36 PM   #252
JiminOR
Huh huh, it says member

JiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticed

Not sure what that means exactly, but I'd like to volunteer to be the first!

j/k, I know what it means, it just sounds so naughty
JiminOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #253
cammy
bellyphile

cammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this boardcammy carries a lot of weight on this board

Can I please get gang repped?
Old 07-15-2008, 04:37 PM   #254
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraLee View Post
I didnt mean anything negative by it, I was just referring to some comments on the page before about how rep points are different coming from different people and how once you go up in the rep scale it takes more and more points to get a can. I didnt even realize what the rep thing was for quite a while after I joined but once I figured it out I started repping. I get the message about spreading the rep around before I give it to that person again quite a bit. Anyone know how much rep I need to spread before I can give it to the same person again. I've given and not received too but I just figure it will come around eventually.
I also didn't understand or utilize the whole rep system thing initially. There have been many, many discussions of the rep system with people asking all sorts of questions and having all sorts of theories... There was even one long time, well known member who walked, never to return because of the rep system. The thing that fuels my suspicions about the whole rep system insofar as how and why it was devised is the notable absence of an explanation into how it works by the powers that be here in Dimensions. The FAQ about the rep system has been a dead link for a long time, it may no longer even exist. The moral of this story is that the rep system is what it is, and only one person here can really explain why it is set up the way it is. If anybody dares me... I'll tell you what I think of the rep system... and we can see how long it takes before it gets censored. I like Dimensions, and I have met many wonderful people here. It is a good place to socialize, but the rep system is one of the reasons I believe that Dimensions is not a serious venue for the promotion of fat / size acceptance and probably never will be.

People will rep you here and there as time passes, they build up sooner or later Kendra. In the overall scheme of life they really don't mean very much.

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
stan_der_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:40 PM   #255
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Location: Born in The Mission, raised on Rt. 66, living in the Squirrel Ghetto, SoCal
stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.stan_der_man has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Eyed Fairy View Post
That green windows background is "Windows Blinds"...a program that makes my bars and such look different...depending on which background theme I choose
An adornment necessary for a true Green Eyed Fairy!

"Regardless of who runs the websites and organizations, the cause belongs to all of us.
Old 07-15-2008, 04:42 PM   #256
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
I used to be able to rep ten people before I was "out of rep"...now I feel lucky if I get in five. It has made me wonder if it's all based around the points...as in my rep gives more points now that I have more so my "points that I can give out are up" quicker? Not sure......it makes my head hurt to wonder too much
I also noticed that the number of reps per day have decreased since the server crash... possibly a default setting of the web board software?

Old 07-15-2008, 04:45 PM   #257
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fa_man_stan View Post
I also noticed that the number of reps per day have decreased since the server crash... possibly a default setting of the web board software?

No...it was getting that way before.......can you still "spread the same rep" as you used to, Stan?

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:51 PM   #258
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I also didn't understand or utilize the whole rep system thing initially. There have been many, many discussions of the rep system with people asking all sorts of questions and having all sorts of theories... There was even one long time, well known member who walked, never to return because of the rep system. The thing that fuels my suspicions about the whole rep system insofar as how and why it was devised is the notable absence of an explanation into how it works by the powers that be here in Dimensions. The FAQ about the rep system has been a dead link for a long time, it may no longer even exist. The moral of this story is that the rep system is what it is, and only one person here can really explain why it is set up the way it is. If anybody dares me... I'll tell you what I think of the rep system... and we can see how long it takes before it gets censored. I like Dimensions, and I have met many wonderful people here. It is a good place to socialize, but the rep system is one of the reasons I believe that Dimensions is not a serious venue for the promotion of fat / size acceptance and probably never will be.

People will rep you here and there as time passes, they build up sooner or later Kendra. In the overall scheme of life they really don't mean very much.
Well could you at least wait for somebody to dare you?!? There you go again, getting the rant before the dare! Seems totally extraneous now. <pout>
Old 07-15-2008, 04:58 PM   #259
JiminOR
Huh huh, it says member

JiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticedJiminOR never has a post go unnoticed

Aww, I like the rep system, it's like power ups, man.
Old 07-15-2008, 05:02 PM   #260
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Nagel View Post
Well could you at least wait for somebody to dare you?!? There you go again, getting the rant before the dare! Seems totally extraneous now. <pout>
I'm workin' up a good rant in my head as we speak... don't burst my bubble Nagel... little green and gold pieces of guano... cheesy ass categories... I'm tellin' ya Earnest, it could really be a doozie of a tirade!

Old 07-15-2008, 05:17 PM   #261
Ernest Nagel
is old

Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!Ernest Nagel keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
I'm workin' up a good rant in my head as we speak... don't burst my bubble Nagel... little green and gold pieces of guano... cheesy ass categories... I'm tellin' ya Earnest, it could really be a doozie of a tirade!
Well, OK then! I'll just prove I can get over myself when the potential for quality entertainment is sufficiently enticing! Stan, I dare you to tell us what you think of the rep system! Double dog dare, if that helps any? Please be graphic.

Just as an aside, most of my favorite people are those I know I wouldn't have been allowed to sit next to in school.
Old 07-15-2008, 06:41 PM   #262
Chimpi
into the shining sun

Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Chimpi has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Stan, I dare you to tell us what you think of the rep system! Double dog dare, if that helps any? Please be graphic.
Oh shit!
I think that's a challenge.

Last edited by Chimpi; 07-15-2008 at 06:43 PM.
Chimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:07 PM   #263
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Quote:
Stan, I dare you to tell us what you think of the rep system! Double dog dare, if that helps any? Please be graphic.
Shall I just bump this up to the infamous

TRIPLE DOG DARE!!!!!

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 07:48 PM   #264
RentonBob
I always get back up...

RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!RentonBob has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyoh70 View Post

TRIPLE DOG DARE!!!!!
UH OH!!! There was a slight breach in etiquette as the triple dare was skipped!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 08:23 PM   #265
NancyGirl74

NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!NancyGirl74 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
800 points...added to the total when you got the second one gets you shiny new can.
I was just thinking '800 points?!?!? I'll never get my third yellow can' when low and behold thar she be! Thanks everyone for helping me over the rep hump. Since this thread worked so well I'm sure I'll be back in a little while looking for help with my fouth can. LOL

THANKS!
NancyGirl74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:04 PM   #266
stan_der_man
The Teflon Frog

Quote:
Quote:
Well, OK then! I'll just prove I can get over myself when the potential for quality entertainment is sufficiently enticing! Stan, I dare you to tell us what you think of the rep system! Double dog dare, if that helps any? Please be graphic.

Just as an aside, most of my favorite people are those I know I wouldn't have been allowed to sit next to in school.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimpi View Post
Oh shit!
I think that's a challenge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyoh70 View Post

TRIPLE DOG DARE!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RentonBob View Post
UH OH!!! There was a slight breach in etiquette as the triple dare was skipped!!!!!
Good observation RentonBob... I think there was a breach Dog Dare etiquette here. Besides, I've totally lost my momentum here...

Lets see, how was I going to execute this rant...

... ah yes.

Rep "cans" not really cans... not worth the effort, not valuable... more like little pieces of colored shit squashed into ice trays and spray painted... not like gold dubloons... people who dwell... get a life, yada yada... Gold suns like pieces of guano squashed into cookie molds and also spray painted... the only value... potential phosphate content...

... something like that.

Anyhoo, I'll have to give you guys a rain check on this little tirade... I owe ya one.

Old 07-16-2008, 02:43 PM   #267
Carl1h
figure O

Carl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging inCarl1h makes people happy simply by logging in

Quote:
Sweet Jebbus! A thread where I can bitch and complain about the rep system... Woohoo! Where has this thread been all my life... I should visit the BBHM/FFA Board more often!
Welcome to the BHM/FFA board! Be warned though, the BHM/FFA board will have the same effect on you that Vegas had on Elvis. Pretty soon your belly is going to be straining the limits of your sequined jumpsuit. You get more than rep on this board.
Carl1h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 03:02 PM   #268
Ernest Nagel
is old

Quote:
Good observation RentonBob... I think there was a breach Dog Dare etiquette here. Besides, I've totally lost my momentum here...

... ah yes.

Rep "cans" not really cans... not worth the effort, not valuable... more like little pieces of colored shit squashed into ice trays and spray painted... not like gold dubloons... people who dwell... get a life, yada yada... Gold suns like pieces of guano squashed into cookie molds and also spray painted... the only value... potential phosphate content...

... something like that.

Anyhoo, I'll have to give you guys a rain check on this little tirade... I owe ya one.
Well, I'll regretfully accept your rant check if you'll just place my dare in your safety dareposit box. Safe travels, good sir.

I think rep is definitely a double edged sword. It's a fun feedback system on the one hand and I do like getting it, even spite rep. Still, once in awhile I'll wince a bit before posting something volatile or non-mainstream because I know somewhere down the line it'll probably cost me some rep. I still post whatever it was; I just don't like the wincing. Feels like incipient political correctness, which I find reprehensible.
Old 07-16-2008, 04:23 PM   #269
daddyoh70
DYELB?

daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.daddyoh70 has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:

... ah yes.

... something like that.

I executed the breach of Dog Dare etiquette in the hopes that Stan would not lose momentum, and grace us with an awesome rant. Saw no need to prolong the beauty of a good Stan rant with some needless posts. Either way, I think you got your point across without the need for a rant. I have many similar feelings on the rep system too, but I do enjoy reading some of the comments, and spite rep is always fun.

"Don't ever shoot my Sunday joyride music down" Wesley Willis
daddyoh70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #270
JiminOR
Huh huh, it says member

I'm gonna kung fu the first mutha who makes a two can joke at my expense!
Old 07-16-2008, 04:44 PM   #271
imfree
VLF Loop Rancher

imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.imfree has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default Sow And Reap

Quote:
Originally Posted by KendraLee View Post
Wow there sure does seem to be a lot of politics behind this rep stuff
Sometimes, but I try to always return rep for rep given
to me.

You got to lose to know how to win.(Aerosmith-Dream On)

Fat is like grass, it'll never go away and there's a hell
of a lot of money to be made by controlling it!

Life is only therapy, real expensive and no guarantees.

Fat is only ugly to those who hate.

Federal Pacific Panels & Breakers have known fire hazards!
imfree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:32 AM   #272
AZ_Wolf
Lupus Maximus

AZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot picsAZ_Wolf does more than just post hot pics

Not as far as the board is concerned.

Those folks who repped me -- thank you. I miscalculated the can and point count for 2 cans, but you all did me proud. Guess I still need to pound the ground more to earn it, and that's okay by me.
Old 07-18-2008, 04:38 AM   #273
William
On Timeout

William makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging inWilliam makes people happy simply by logging in

Hi

Looking at Rep levels I think that FAA/ BHM regulars (myself included) need to start repping our FFA/BHM peers more

William

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_Wolf View Post
Not as far as the board is concerned.

Those folks who repped me -- thank you. I miscalculated the can and point count for 2 cans, but you all did me proud. Guess I still need to pound the ground more to earn it, and that's okay by me.
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 05:17 AM   #274
Shosh
Susannah

Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.Shosh has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I am hanging out for my third goldie.
Shosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:42 AM   #275
cammy
bellyphile

Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Looking at Rep levels I think that FAA/ BHM regulars (myself included) need to start repping our FFA/BHM peers more
Is it just me...or are are y'all also noticing that "non-regular" BHM/FFA posters are visiting our playground to garnish rep? I agree with William -