Dimensions Forums  
Home Register Premium Membership Stories Ye Olde Library Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion
Old 07-28-2017, 01:52 AM   #4201
Anjula
miss wonderfulamazing

Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!Anjula has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumbling View Post
Bumping this thread because i cant give rep to anyone over anything recent.
same, reps are broken
Old 07-28-2017, 02:24 AM   #4202
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Broken in what way, guys?

If it is just that you need to spread more rep, I can't help with that. If it is something else though I can use my admin skillz to try and fix it.
loopytheone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:29 PM   #4203
tonynyc
Slow Dance Aficionado

tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.tonynyc has ascended what used to be the highest level.

There use to be the "Sunburst" Icon that would appear under a user's name when a maximum number of reps would be received. Has this feature in the rep system been modified as well?.....

[SIGPIC]http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/forums/image.php?u=841&type=sigpic&dateline=1258169105[/SIGPIC]
tonynyc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:56 AM   #4204
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

I suspect rep is just calibrated wrong, set for a forum with more users to rep than here. I only use bhm/FFA so there's a limited number of people I can rep so I'm I can't rep anyone unless I rep strangers, or worse, Xyantha.
Old 07-29-2017, 11:30 AM   #4205
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

I have been testing the rep situation out, and have yet to get restricted. I think it is just a manner of having to spread it around a bit more. I would suggest visiting a board you normally don't and give out some rep!
DragonFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 12:59 PM   #4206
dwesterny
Unpleasantly Plump

dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!dwesterny keeps pushing the rep limit!

Bhm/ffa is the only section I like and I feel like that is with good reason.
Old 07-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #4207
Green Eyed Fairy
Flash Dancing

Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.Green Eyed Fairy has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
There use to be the "Sunburst" Icon that would appear under a user's name when a maximum number of reps would be received. Has this feature in the rep system been modified as well?.....
Yeppers- took them Tony- a while back

"The longing of my heart is a fairy portrait of myself: I want to be pretty; I want to eliminate facts and fill up the gap with charms."

"See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years, Colder than the moon
It's been so long and I've been putting out fire with gasoline"
Green Eyed Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 07:09 PM   #4208
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
I suspect rep is just calibrated wrong, set for a forum with more users to rep than here. I only use bhm/FFA so there's a limited number of people I can rep so I'm I can't rep anyone unless I rep strangers, or worse, Xyantha.
How can i retract rep i gave to you!? And unrep Dwes!

Edit i can give rep but seemingly not as often...maybe because less ppl on bhm ffa
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 01:35 AM   #4209
agouderia
Library Girl

agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!agouderia keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonFly View Post
I have been testing the rep situation out, and have yet to get restricted. I think it is just a manner of having to spread it around a bit more. I would suggest visiting a board you normally don't and give out some rep!
DragonFly - I think this has something to do with you having Mod status.

I was never allowed to rep anything or anybody - until I turned into a Mod. Suddenly free rep for all.
agouderia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 12:56 PM   #4210
loopytheone
Administrator

loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.loopytheone has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I'm going to start a poll on this issue on the Board Business Board, I think. There seems to be agreement from the BHM/FFA group that you want the rep system recalibrating, which I am able to do, but I guess I'd like to give the other groups on the forum a chance to have their say too. I'll put the poll up for a week or so and if you want to raise any other issues you have with the rep system there, that would be awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonynyc View Post
Yeah, they took the stars away before I became admin. I don't want to undo changes the site owner has made without his permission and honestly, I'm not sure how to get those back. I get the feeling they might have gone as part of the software update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agouderia View Post
DragonFly - I think this has something to do with you having Mod status.

I was never allowed to rep anything or anybody - until I turned into a Mod. Suddenly free rep for all.
Yeah, mods can rep anybody an unlimited number of times.
Old 07-30-2017, 01:05 PM   #4211
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

DragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticedDragonFly never has a post go unnoticed

I was repping and getting rep back to see if people who said they could not rep didn't but they did!

Thanks for the explainations
Old 07-31-2017, 11:07 AM   #4212
DragonFly
Ahem Prema

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwesterny View Post
Bhm/ffa is the only section I like and I feel like that is with good reason.

I definately understand we all have our comfort zones! The foodee board is pretty friendly, and there is a lot of cross over there.

Have a Great Day
Old 09-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #4213
Kompliziert
Complicated

Kompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going on

((Wait, what the heck is repping? After somebody mentioned it I found the place on my dashboard where I can see them, but it's not like commenting, is it like voting? Does it have anything to do with those green bars below people's avatars? Can only people who post a lot rep, or is it like a feature that gets unlocked (aside from mods getting unlimited reps)?))
Kompliziert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 01:56 PM   #4214
Tad
mostly harmless

Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.Tad has ascended what used to be the highest level.

if you look in the bottom left corner beside a post, you'll see a silver/white icon that, if you squint just right, looks like a set of old-fashioned two-pan scales. Click on that and you can leave rep for a post, and it will show up on the posters user CP. How many points of rep they get from you is based on your reputation, and there are various rules that mean basically you can't just rep everything you see or the same person all the time.
Old 09-21-2017, 04:51 PM   #4215
Kompliziert
Complicated

Kompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going onKompliziert knows EXACTLY what's going on

Thanks for the explanation, Tad! What a neat, but also sort of weird system, hah. I haven't seen anything like that in other forums. It sounds fun, though!
Kompliziert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 11:48 PM   #4216
loopytheone
Administrator

It is indeed related to the number of green cans underneath a person's name. We used to have stars as well but for some reason those went the way of the dinosaur a while back.

Makes me sad, I always wanted a star.
Old 09-26-2017, 01:34 PM   #4217
ODFFA
Ainsi sera...

ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!ODFFA keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopytheone View Post
It is indeed related to the number of green cans underneath a person's name. We used to have stars as well but for some reason those went the way of the dinosaur a while back.

Makes me sad, I always wanted a star.
It is kind of a pity about the new rep system. The old one just added that little bit of extra excitement.
Old 09-26-2017, 02:48 PM   #4218
Xyantha Reborn
- Actually Very Tame!

Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.Xyantha Reborn has ascended what used to be the highest level.

I rp looopy to see what her second pokemon stage is. I figure cans are her xp.
Xyantha Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote