Welcome to the Dimensions Forums forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > Weight Board
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-20-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
Default MTV True Life: Happy Being Fat

According to the latest issue of Entertainment Weekly, tonight (Monday, Jan. 21) MTV will air "True Life: I'm Happy Being Fat" at 10pm Eastern.

It is supposed to be a new show. They did "True Life: I'm Obese" a couple of years ago. That show featured 2 or 3 people who were considering or having weight loss surgery and one person who was happy being fat. This new show it seems may feature a gainer or feeder/feedee. Here's a little show gossip from a blog called The Rotund.

Also, if you have a second hour for vegging in front of the tv, watch A&E an hour earlier at 9pm Eastern for "Intervention" which will feature an "intervention" with a 550 lb 22 year-old. This one feels painful already.

We'll probably be watching both with an order of pizza and wings in front of us.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:27 PM   #2
Silversnake418

Silversnake418 has said some nice things

I love intervention, and I'd really want to see that true life!
Silversnake418 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:34 PM   #3
BigFusionNYC

BigFusionNYC can now change their title

Yeah I already posted my hatred for the MTV bullcrap. They used me and my gf at the time for the show. 1 hour interview each, about 6 hours of footage, then they told us that they wanted to film us 5 hours a day for 2 days a week for a month. At that point we told them to f*@# off. They wanted to be like up our butts and they did not offer ANY compensation or payment. Screw them they suck I just hope Aeiry and I are not on TV tomorrow, cuz I'll have to like set MTV on fire. Hmmm how does one set broadcasted airwaves on fire. A lil help here!

BigFusionNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
chublover350
your gunna love my nuts

chublover350 has super-sized repchublover350 has super-sized repchublover350 has super-sized rep

i bet you they will focus on a football player or something like that for a guy and a plus size model for a girl. they wont touch on gainers or anything because that's still too touchy for the public to get a handle on
chublover350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 09:59 PM   #5
~da rev~
Call me Axel

~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board~da rev~ carries a lot of weight on this board

I think I emailed some people to be on that show. They emailed me some sort of questions to answer, turns out I was too chicken to return the email.
Old 01-20-2008, 10:10 PM   #6
Paquito
don't July to me

Paquito keeps pushing the rep limit!

Oh wow, theyre actually going through with this episode
And yes, it is actually a male gainer, as far as I know, the guy that agreed to do this is part of another site I visit occasionally
this will be very interesting I think, definetly something to catch tomorrow

p.s. for ironys sake, I noticied it comes on after a marathon of Americas Next Top Model
that stuff just writes itself

Last edited by Paquito : 01-20-2008 at 10:14 PM. Reason: realized a mistake
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 10:14 PM   #7
Ryan
Car Pay DM

Ryan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions communityRyan is a pillar of the Dimensions community

Self acceptance is wonderful. But only if the quality/characteristic you possess that you've learned to accept is popular with the general public.

I hate MTV!
Old 01-20-2008, 10:55 PM   #8
furious styles
goodbye halcyon days

furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!furious styles keeps pushing the rep limit!

happy being fat? impossible! bizarre! freakshow material!

so let's make a show about it to see how very odd these people are.

what is wrong with their brains? etc.
I wish there was a board called: Let's Just All Be Fucking Honest With Each Other For Five Minutes.
furious styles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:14 PM   #9
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

I know one of the girls that's going to be on there. She's really cool.

I would have liked the separation between feederism and the others, but I can't expect that from MTV.
Soooooooooo.. I'll be mixed on it more than likely.

"Happiness is not stopping to think if you are."- Palmer Sondreal
Jon Blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 11:49 PM   #10
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!bmann0413 has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Hmm... I might have to look into this... See what this is like... and maybe post a blog about it... I know that Jonny B. might... at least I hope so... lol
Old 01-21-2008, 03:36 PM   #11
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!Jon Blaze keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmann0413 View Post
Hmm... I might have to look into this... See what this is like... and maybe post a blog about it... I know that Jonny B. might... at least I hope so... lol
Will do!
I have to post one about Size Acceptance and Civil rights, and I plan on blogging about the show. I might do some Yoga whilst I'm watching it too: I got to stay limber.

Old 01-21-2008, 04:06 PM   #12
ssbbwluv4life79

ssbbwluv4life79 can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

ok about this episode i don't think they are gonna show it at least this week they are showing i'm getting out of prison see for yourself

http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/truelife/series.jhtml
ssbbwluv4life79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:07 PM   #13
butch
cuddly, hairy, and fat

butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.
butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.butch has ascended what used to be the highest level.

The word on the fat street is that MTV had a real hard time finding people to be on this show, for various reasons, including the obvious bias of the producers during the filming of the segments.

They had the hardest time finding fat men to participate, fwiw.
butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:29 PM   #14
ThatFatGirl
Master Member

ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.
ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.ThatFatGirl has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbbwluv4life79 View Post
ok about this episode i don't think they are gonna show it at least this week they are showing i'm getting out of prison see for yourself

Yeah... I know. I was hoping the site would update sometime today so I don't look like a dork. Entertainment Weekly had it on their list of shows not to miss this week. Hope they don't have the air date wrong.

Fleeting Fancies
ThatFatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 04:36 PM   #15
chublover350
your gunna love my nuts

chublover350 has super-sized repchublover350 has super-sized repchublover350 has super-sized rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssbbwluv4life79 View Post

oh its on, i looked on the tv...its there and im watching it its on at 7pm on the west coast
Old 01-21-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
ChrisVersion2

ChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging inChrisVersion2 makes people happy simply by logging in

I was contacted by Ben and his cohorts, Mary and I almost did the show, but like BigFusionNYC I didn't want to give up my time, I gotta work she had school, and I told him that being on MTV wasn't all that important to me.

he was floored, what an ass too... he harassed my mother big time, I gave him a piece of my mind tho.
Old 01-21-2008, 06:13 PM   #17
ashmamma84
Om Namah Shivayah

ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!ashmamma84 keeps pushing the rep limit!

I'm watching the Intervention...with Josh, the young guy who is very fat.

It just started...more thoughts to come later.

Oh and True Life is showing I'm Happy To Be Fat tonight....9pm in chicago.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:01 PM   #18
Jon Blaze
Dusk

That show FUCKING SUCKED, but had two ok halves at the same time. So one whole success out of a potential three wholes from six halves? Yea. Real nice.

Old 01-21-2008, 08:26 PM   #19
Paquito
don't July to me

Default mixed reviews

ok, so that pretty much went as good as expected to be, it couldve been alot worse
but still, half of it was just terrible and bias

the fat activist on campus was really good in my opinion, im glad she got her club started, though it looked like she wasnt going to get it (alot of the judges looked confused to why she needed it, well in this diet and beauty obsessed world, can they blame her?) i thought the SSBHM segment was alot better than expected, they didnt portray him as a complete freak, but the part that disappointed me was the 320 lb girl. She seemed vivacious and confident, but i think the segment will be misunderstood by alot of people. If she wants to lose weight for health reasons, good for her, but unfortunately alot of people will see it as :see, fat people arent REALLY confident and they just want to be thin like everyone else. If she ends the show losing weight, than that means she really didnt like herself and was embarrassed at being fat: clearly she was confident, but the way MTV did the show makes it seem like they werent completely happy, even a little miserable

but still it could have been worse, right?
Paquito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 08:31 PM   #20
chublover350
your gunna love my nuts

it was lame....i knew it would be because we know and MTV nows that the world isn't ready for the REAL chub lovers to be out there. i think that guy that came from California was the only one on the show that really showed what a real FA was all about.
Old 01-21-2008, 08:53 PM   #21
Jon Blaze
Dusk

Quote:
Originally Posted by chublover350 View Post
it was lame....i knew it would be because we know and MTV nows that the world isn't ready for the REAL chub lovers to be out there. i think that guy that came from California was the only one on the show that really showed what a real FA was all about.
Well it was everything: Size/Fat Acceptance, Fat Admiration.... I don't know where the hell feederism came into play, but I think someone got confused in the middle (I'm sure it wasn't you TFG): I'm sensing MTV did, even though I SENT them a message trying to explain the differences five months ago? (SIGH) They're not learning.

Old 01-21-2008, 09:18 PM   #22
Totmacher
Master Member

Totmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going onTotmacher knows EXACTLY what's going on
Cool

Feederism probably came in because it has shock value and will get ratings. Superficially it does seem like a logical outgrowth of fat acceptance, doesn't it, though? If you think of size acceptance solely as the acceptance of a larger size, then what could be more accepting than encouragement?
Totmacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 09:20 PM   #23
chublover350
your gunna love my nuts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Blaze View Post
Well it was everything: Size/Fat Acceptance, Fat Admiration.... I don't know where the hell feederism came into play, but I think someone got confused in the middle (I'm sure it wasn't you TFG): I'm sensing MTV did, even though I SENT them a message trying to explain the differences five months ago? (SIGH) They're not learning.
well its MTV, they have been around and who are we???? i mean hell we don't know what were talking about
Old 01-21-2008, 09:54 PM   #24
StrugglingWriter

StrugglingWriter can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I thought they did a good job. I don't think the stories/people were all that compelling, but I think the college student and the man used the opportunity to try to make something happen. In the meantime, we got a taste of each person's desires and struggles at least somewhat related to their experiences as fat people. I had the sense that once they set people into situations that the people were being who they were. It's not easy to get people to feel that comfortable when they're being filmed.

Did you watch the one about the alcoholics?
StrugglingWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2008, 10:08 PM   #25
chublover350
your gunna love my nuts

yea im all for bringing it out into public eyes as a plus not a negative, but yes you were right, the stories were very BLAND