Home Register Premium Membership Health Issues Market Place Big Fashion

Go Back   Dimensions Forums > Discussion > The Foodee Board

Old 01-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #26
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post
McDonalds Cajun Chicken Sandwich

Sweet and Spicy Chili Doritos. I couldn't get enough of them and then poof. Gone. I think they went out as a tester for a flavor but never made it.

Chicken Caesar Salad Sub at Subway.

The Shawna Salad at Acapulco's Gold in Portland. It's a damn shame I tell ya.

Coke w/ Lime (not diet). If its out there.... find me.

Now I'm hungry and it will never get get satisfied. Because I can no longer have these.
Do you mean the Spicy McChicken Sandwich? They have those on the $1 menu in Las Vegas, but here in Texas... it's regular, not spicy.
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008, 07:54 PM   #27
RevolOggerp

RevolOggerp has said some nice things

I used to be crazy for Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream, but now... blah. It seems that they changed the ingredients or process of making it cuz the chocolate chip cookie dough tastes like cardboard. I'm now back to Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Blue Bell Ice Cream cuz those are still as good as they were years ago.
RevolOggerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 03:24 AM   #28
bmann0413
PLAYER ONE READY! START!

bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!bmann0413 keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCutieSasha View Post

Coke w/ Lime (not diet). If its out there.... find me.
You miss the Coke with lime... I miss the Coke with Lemon... and the Pepsi Twist, too....
Old 01-27-2008, 05:46 AM   #29
Pookie

Pookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 clubPookie is a member of the 500 club

lemon cheesecake bars... the company made them SO expensive nobody wanted to buy them, so they where put in discount shops where I fell in love, but that was of course after they where cancelled. They got to being a week before sell by date... 10pence each, I bought 50 of them :P

Oh and those chocolate coated pretzels, the white fudge coated ones where amazing
Pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 05:58 PM   #30
10centporkchop

10centporkchop has said some nice things
Default jell-o pudding pops

Bring back the jell-o pudding pops. I used to eat them and give our dog Joey a lick and my sister was so grossed out that I would eat after him. HA HA HA. Some time ago McDonald's discontinued the McChicken sandwich for years. Of course they have since brought it back, but back in the early days, when the McChicken was on a sesame seed bun, Joey grabbed my entire sandwich in his mouth and I grabbed his jaws, pried them open and got my dang sandwhich back! I ate entirely too much McDonalds in high school, that's why I'm so fat now.
10centporkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:52 PM   #31
SoVerySoft
No fat no flavor

SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.SoVerySoft has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10centporkchop View Post
Bring back the jell-o pudding pops. I used to eat them and give our dog Joey a lick and my sister was so grossed out that I would eat after him. HA HA HA. Some time ago McDonald's discontinued the McChicken sandwich for years. Of course they have since brought it back, but back in the early days, when the McChicken was on a sesame seed bun, Joey grabbed my entire sandwich in his mouth and I grabbed his jaws, pried them open and got my dang sandwhich back! I ate entirely too much McDonalds in high school, that's why I'm so fat now.

Welcome to the boards! And by the way - they did bring back the pudding pops.

http://www.popsicle.com/products/ind....cfm?upc=02023
"Well," said Pooh, "what I like best --" and then he had to stop and think. Because although Eating Honey was a very good thing to do, there was a moment just before you began to eat it which was better than when you were, but he didn't know what it was called. - A.A. Milne
SoVerySoft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 09:00 AM   #32
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Manhattan clam chowder. I can't find it ANYWHERE around here. (Is it still found on the East Coast?) The creamy kind makes me wretch (got bad food poisoning from it in the 70's and still haven't really recovered) but I love the cool flavor combo of clams and tomatoes. I just do.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 10:03 AM   #33
LoveBHMS
default title

LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!LoveBHMS keeps pushing the rep limit!

Vickie--I'm a vegetarian so I can't vouch for how good it is, but I know Progresso makes Manhattan Clam Chowder.

Morningstar Farms used to make these honey-mustard flavor mock chicken fingers that were amazing.

I miss Pepsi Light which was this really awesome Pepsi product that came in a blue can with a cute little lemon logo on it. It was so much better than Pepsi Twist or Coke with Lemon. I'm sure it was just made with better tasting chemicals and additives, but it was good.

I had no idea Jello Pudding Pops were back. Thank you Randi.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:30 AM   #34
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Feelgood View Post
I miss ice cream.

First of all, the two flavors I miss most: Ben & Jerry's White Russian and Baskin-Robbons' licorice.

But more than that, I miss the variety of flavors from my childhood: black walnut, lemon, peach, pistachio...(yes, made with real pistachios, not almonds and pistachio flavoring) I go to the store, and there are two flavors of ice cream: vanilla (with a bunch of stuff mixed in) and chocolate (with a bunch of stuff mixed in). Once in a while they go wild and have strawberry. You can still get the real stuff in Europe, but those twelve-hour plane rides are killing me. And the ice cream always melts before I get it home.
Doc...Braum's has black walnut.
Old 01-29-2008, 10:36 AM   #35
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!Jane keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Manhattan clam chowder. I can't find it ANYWHERE around here. (Is it still found on the East Coast?) The creamy kind makes me wretch (got bad food poisoning from it in the 70's and still haven't really recovered) but I love the cool flavor combo of clams and tomatoes. I just do.
If you talk to your grocery manager, they can order a case for you.

They still make it. It's available from Netgrocer.com but I don't know if they ship to Alaska.
Old 01-29-2008, 11:01 AM   #36
Tracy
Fat & Sassy

Tracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesTracy can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

When I was a little girl my grandmother used to buy me Tahitian Treat to drink.. I LOVE THIS STUFF but have not been able to find it in my area for a long long time . Last time I had some was when I went to Hawaii back January of 1997.

We shall never know all the good that a simple smile can do :)
Tracy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 12:30 PM   #37
10centporkchop

10centporkchop has said some nice things
Talking Franco-American macaroni and cheese in a can

If they ever bring back Frank-o American macaroni and cheese in a can I will eat nothing but that for a week. I'm also a huge fan of Chef-Boy-R-Dee's Beef-o-ghetti. It was better than spaghetti-o's. Maybe the food companies should have focus groups made up of fat people. After all, we're the ones buying and eating most of their products.
10centporkchop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2008, 03:28 PM   #38
Miss Vickie

Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.Miss Vickie has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Thanks for letting me know that Manhattan clam chowder is at least MADE. Now that I'm armed with that information, I'll have a little chat with my grocery store manager. I do so love that stuff.

Jane, not sure about netgrocer.com but even if they do ship to Alaska, it's likely to be pricey. EVERYTHING is, the bastidges.
Miss Vickie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 02:53 PM   #39
toni
In the know

toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!toni has a ton of rep. Literally. As in over 2000!

Franco American Spaghetti in cheesy tomato sauce

I miss it
toni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 04:20 PM   #40
ripley

ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.ripley has ascended what used to be the highest level.

Dolly Madison Crunch mini donuts. They still sell them but no place around here has them any more.

Ditto these:

ripley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2008, 10:59 PM   #41
Flyin Lilac
Jumped-up fahk.

Flyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going onFlyin Lilac knows EXACTLY what's going on

Ripley I see those Butterfinger crunch things nearly every day at one store or another. Want me to send ya some?

Ok here's my favorite "lost" treat: Corn Diggers. Those triangular fried corn snacks that were the competition for Bugles, and in my opinion the clear winner (although I never ever turn my nose up at a Bugle). They were sorta puffy, crunchy and buttery tasting. HAD to be all the yummy trans-fat and fake butter flavoring. The company that made Diggers also made Flings (a puffed cheeto-type thing), and Pizza Wheels (round chips coated with pizza flavoring), and a few other snacks whose names I don't recall. Can't remember the company name either. Anyway my grandmother always had a stash of these goodies in her pantry (along with those rectangular coconut flavored shortbread-type cookies) for when the kiddies came to visit. Damn her ... damn her all to hell.

If I were a man, I'd give my left nut for a case of Diggers and a box of Pizza Wheels.
Old 03-17-2008, 09:56 AM   #42
CandySmooch

CandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokesCandySmooch can now be the recipient of "two cans" jokes

I see many of my favorites have been mentioned too.

I still dream of the Chicken Caesar Sub at Subway......they put these awesome tiny croutons on it that tasted so good on the sandwich w/ the tang of the dressing....damn them!!!!! I keep waiting for it to come back but its been 10 years.

Pizza Hut Big Foot Pizza.......remember how it was like 3 feet long?
Pizza Hut Triple Decker pizza......thin crust with toppings topped with another crust
Pizza Hut Sicilian Pizza - it was just a rectangle w/ seasoning in the crust

and I agree Pizza Hut doesn't taste like it used to at all - I got a stuffed crust pizzza after not having one since they first came out and it tasted horrible! nothing like it used to.

I crave the original McChicken sandwiches so much that I dream about them - I bought one on the dollar menu hoping it would taste similiar......yuck!! I actually took 2 bites and threw it out! Their new crispy chicken sandwiches pale in comparison to the original on the sesame bun....maybe we should start a petition?

Those little chocolate or vanilla pudding pies in the crescent shaped kinda crust? I can find the fruit filled ones but never the pudding.

I remember the baked flavored tostitos as well, but my all time favorite chip was Ruffles The WORKS.....OMG they are TO DIE FOR! I can't find them anywhere at all!

This thread only makes me very very sad
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ruffles-works.jpg (17.5 KB, 295 views)
Old 03-19-2008, 12:56 AM   #43
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFusionNYC View Post
1. Toaster Pizzas - they were kind of like a hot pocket but thinner dough and were circular, and they were filled with cheese and sauce.

2. 7-Up Gum - it was just like the Freshen Up gum, cubed gum filled with liquid gooey center, they had 7-Up, Sprite, Orange, and Cherry 7-Up - the SHIT!

3. Entenmann's MILK CHOCOLATE Donuts - much better than the Rich Frosted kind they've had forever, they were moist and delicious and gone forever, sniffle

4. Chocolate Snap Cookies - Nabisco made these. They were regular chocolate cookies, light brown and had a design of a cat on them scraped in - like the Goldfish crackers have the smiles scraped in. The box was red and had a 'Chococat' type drawing on it.

5. Snapple 'Samoan Splash' - a drink made with the Cupuacu fruit from Brazil, best Snapple ever.

6. Nestle 'Alpine White' - white chocolate, basically it was the non rice crisp version of the Nestle White Crunch bar, it was just white chocolate and that's it, no stupid rice crisps in it.
I didn't realize they stopped making the chocolate donuts. those where the best. No wonder I can't find them when I go back home. waaaaaaa
jewels_mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 01:10 AM   #44
jewels_mystery
Urban Hippie

jewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going onjewels_mystery knows EXACTLY what's going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracy View Post
When I was a little girl my grandmother used to buy me Tahitian Treat to drink.. I LOVE THIS STUFF but have not been able to find it in my area for a long long time . Last time I had some was when I went to Hawaii back January of 1997.

I love that stuff. They still sell it. I know in NY, its usually sold in the worst neighborhoods.
jewels_mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 09:07 AM   #45
Jane
Photo (c) Fatlane

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Pepper-7-Up.../dp/B0002IMRTC
Old 03-20-2008, 09:11 AM   #46
Tooz
sweet chocolate christ

Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!Tooz keeps pushing the rep limit!

Guess who is gonna order some of that?!
Old 03-29-2008, 06:46 AM   #47
traveldude1961

traveldude1961 can now change their title
Default some of these are just boston things

Apollo cakes, a chocolate cake with kreme laced through it, really good.

a candy bar called welchs fudge bar, only one store in neighborhood carried it.

Frenchs made this stuff called pasta shakes, it was flavored cheese that was great on plain pasta.

Chocdiles, basically chocolate covered twinkies
traveldude1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 08:20 AM   #48
Rojodi

Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!Rojodi keeps pushing the rep limit!

Pizza Hut Bacon Double Cheeseburger pizza.

Toppings were bacon, onions, hamburger and cheddar cheese
Rojodi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2008, 06:55 AM   #49
goofy girl
took a sharp left turn

goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!goofy girl keeps pushing the rep limit!

Godiva Irish Creme Coffee

I don't know if this counts as discontinued since the whole place closed up lol, but I love the Little Caesars bucket of breadsticks. I didnt care about the pizza, but man I could eat those breadsticks forever!!

and Ben and Jerry's Cool Brittania and White Russian.
Old 04-03-2008, 11:20 PM   #50
fatgirlflyin
needs a vacation

fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!fatgirlflyin keeps pushing the rep limit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Vickie View Post
Thanks for letting me know that Manhattan clam chowder is at least MADE. Now that I'm armed with that information, I'll have a little chat with my grocery store manager. I do so love that stuff.

Jane, not sure about netgrocer.com but even if they do ship to Alaska, it's likely to be pricey. EVERYTHING is, the bastidges.

You know I can ship things up there pretty cheap. If ya ever need something just let me know!